apgk

Orig signed documents and scanned/photocopies docs

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Besides I-129F, G325A, personal meeting letter, letter of intent - which need to be signed and filed as originals; rest all I am enclosing as photocopies or printout of scanned documents.

Specifically, my fiancee will be sending the scanned versions of the translated documents like hotel receipts etc, scanned copy of emails, scanned copies of letter envelops, some signed letters like explaining why sometimes the name is different, will also be scanned - I will be printing out all these and enclosing these. Is is ok to do? Especially for translated documents and any other letter which is signed - or it is ok to take a printout of the scanned version and send?

For the documents you listed, copies are fine. The instructions for the I-129F clearly state which documents must be originals, so just use that as your checklist.

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Besides I-129F, G325A, personal meeting letter, letter of intent - which need to be signed and filed as originals; rest all I am enclosing as photocopies or printout of scanned documents.

Specifically, my fiancee will be sending the scanned versions of the translated documents like hotel receipts etc, scanned copy of emails, scanned copies of letter envelops, some signed letters like explaining why sometimes the name is different, will also be scanned - I will be printing out all these and enclosing these. Is is ok to do? Especially for translated documents and any other letter which is signed - or it is ok to take a printout of the scanned version and send?

With the initial petition you need to demonstrate having met within the two previous years. E-mails and letters do not demonstrate this.

YMMV

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

With the initial petition you need to demonstrate having met within the two previous years. E-mails and letters do not demonstrate this.

You have maintained your position and you might be right - technically this is the what is needed (plus anything else you might want to provide to evidence mutual intent - per the instructions)

But most people here submit lot more things along with the intial petition and the guide on this VJ site also talk about including other things (if I remember right :P)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

An excerpt from a RFE letter from the USCIS

LAST MEETING: the petitioner and the beneficiary must have met in person between (MMDDYY) and (MMDDYY). Submit evidence of meeting the beneficiary in person within the two-year period preceding the filing of the petition. The primary evidence may include copies of passport pages that show the identification page and admission stamps, military orders, letters from Commanding Officer, or any evidence that will help the Service to determine that the petitioner has met the beneficiary within the two years. The secondary evidence may be airline ticket stubs and receipts (that indicate month, day and year), ATM and credit card transactions, flight itinerary on airline/travel agency letterhead, etc. NOTE: secondary evidence is used to support any primary evidence that has been submitted. The following DOES NOT constitute evidence of meeting: disc, videos, emails, letters, phone bills, and greeting cards.

The petitioner may also submit bank statements and/or credit card statements and receipts showing that a withdrawal/purchase was made in (name of fiancee's country). Please ensure that any documentation that is submitted has the petitioner’s name, location, and the full date (month, day and year).

I am drawing my own conclusion here but it seems clear to me that the USCIS doesn't want to see superfulous evidence.... YMMV

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.