816 posts in this topic

I was just wondering if calling the NVC is the only way to get your case number? Can you email them too? Is there a way to track you case progress through the NVC and onto the embassy without your case number?

Of course you can email. Good luck on it. I emailed more than 35 times, not a single reply. I got my case # off on phone call and also in post mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

NVC got my case today but they havent assigned it a number yet. Yeahhhhh making progress. The lady said call back in 45 days. Yeah whatever...try next week

You can call the next day :) Well, when I called NVC they said that they just received our case, and then in the next morning I called then I have the case number together with the invoice #.

I checked my case on CEAC and it says In Transit...so,how many days it could take to delivery to my country?

3-5 days to get "READY". We received e-notif Sept 14, 2015 that I am eligible for interview :)

1st Meeting: July 03, 2014
2nd Meeting: October 17, 2014
3rd Meeting: February 01, 2015
4th Meeting: May 15, 2015
5th Meeting: October 08, 2015 --- coming! :luv:

Packet Sent: June 29, 2015
NOA1: July 09, 2015

NOA1 Hard Copy: ???? (will call USCIS for the hard copy)

ON HOLD: July 30, 2015 - Document was sent to USCIS (undeliverable)
NOA2: July 31, 2015

NOA2 Hard Copy: August 08, 2015

NVC Received: August 27, 215

NVC Left: Sept 02, 2015

Consulate Received: Sept 03, 2015

E-notif Eligibility: Sept 14, 2015

Letter of Eligibility Hard Copy: Sept 15, 2015

Interview: Oct 19, 2015

Timeline

I was just wondering if calling the NVC is the only way to get your case number? Can you email them too? Is there a way to track you case progress through the NVC and onto the embassy without your case number?

Yes, you can send them an email :)

Email address: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

Subject: Your receipt #

Body: Petitioner's Complete Name Birthday ; Beneficiary's Complete Name Birthday

You can't track your case without your case number.

1st Meeting: July 03, 2014
2nd Meeting: October 17, 2014
3rd Meeting: February 01, 2015
4th Meeting: May 15, 2015
5th Meeting: October 08, 2015 --- coming! :luv:

Packet Sent: June 29, 2015
NOA1: July 09, 2015

NOA1 Hard Copy: ???? (will call USCIS for the hard copy)

ON HOLD: July 30, 2015 - Document was sent to USCIS (undeliverable)
NOA2: July 31, 2015

NOA2 Hard Copy: August 08, 2015

NVC Received: August 27, 215

NVC Left: Sept 02, 2015

Consulate Received: Sept 03, 2015

E-notif Eligibility: Sept 14, 2015

Letter of Eligibility Hard Copy: Sept 15, 2015

Interview: Oct 19, 2015

hi every one

i have a question if any one can answer pls

i have sent my complete packet -3 for K-1 FIANCEE VSA with all the required documents to consulate?

how long they took to reply me ?or send me appointment letter for interview /PHYSICAL???

NVC received my case Friday. Monday they entered it. And this morning they were able to give me the case number.

This time I was told the 45 day wait I was quoted is for visas that are not K1.

K1 Process20157/15 Sent I-129F7/27 RFE Received and Replied Same Day7/29 NOA1 (electronic)-text, email and website 8/6 NOA1 (hard copy)8/13 NOA2 (electronic)-email and website 8/17 NOA2 (hard copy)9/11 NVC Received9/14 NVC Case # Assigned9/30 Left NVC and Embassy "received" after extended AP10/7 Emergency Interview11/16....approved but waiting in the black hole AP AGAIN!11/20 AP finally changed to non-immigrant AP11/24 ISSUED11/25 Visa in Hand and Headed to the airport!!! AOS in 2016Filed 2/4/16Combo Card In hand 4/21/16<p>Interview scheduled 10/17/16 Approved on the spot

hi every one

i have a question if any one can answer pls

i have sent my complete packet -3 for K-1 FIANCEE VSA with all the required documents to consulate?

how long they took to reply me ?or send me appointment letter for interview /PHYSICAL???

Have you tried posting this question in the Pakistani sub-forum where it will be seen by those processing through your same Embassy and better able to answer?

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Wanted to give an update on our K1 progress. NVC sent out our case on 9/11/2015 and the case was updated to Ready on 9/15/2015. My fiance was so excited because she had just finished getting her last bit of paperwork done; NBI clearance, Cenomar, etc... We got an appointment on 9/28 set up and she will be going off to Manila to take care of medical 1 week before. This process has moved along a lot faster than expected but still seems like forever away from my fiance. I Hope everyone gets as fast a process.

I was wondering if any July filers have been been approved yet for their K1 Visa?

Anthony

07/24/2015 - I-129F Sent via USPS Express Mail

07/27/2015 - I-129F Received by USCIS

07/29/2015 - NOA1 I-129F accepted by USCIS

07/30/2015 - NOA1 Electronic Notification

08/03/2115 - Paper NOA1 Received

08/12/2015 - NOA2 Official Date

08/17/2015 - NOA2 Paper Notice Received via USPS

09/09/2015 - NVC Receive

09/11/2015 - NVC Left

09/15/2015 - Consulate Received

09/28/2015 - Interview Date / Passed

:dancing::wow::dancing:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Wanted to give an update on our K1 progress. NVC sent out our case on 9/11/2015 and the case was updated to Ready on 9/15/2015. My fiance was so excited because she had just finished getting her last bit of paperwork done; NBI clearance, Cenomar, etc... We got an appointment on 9/28 set up and she will be going off to Manila to take care of medical 1 week before. This process has moved along a lot faster than expected but still seems like forever away from my fiance. I Hope everyone gets as fast a process.

I was wondering if any July filers have been been approved yet for their K1 Visa?

Not yet. My fiancee lives in Tokyo, and the Consulate there won't schedule her interview until she's had her medical. Sadly, there are only two Consulate-approved facilities that service the Kantou region, and they only take appointments on Monday and Tuesday. :-\ So she's compiling her police report, etc. while we wait on her medical at the top of October. I'm hoping it's not too long after that we get the interview scheduled.

Congrats on the fast-moving process!!

01/15/2015 - Met online (japan-guide.com)
04/02/2015 - Met in Tokyo; spent month together
04/15/2015 - Engaged! 
07/11/2015 - I-129F sent to Dallas
07/16/2015 - NOA1; transferred to California Service Center (CSC)
07/29/2015 - NOA2
08/24/2015 - Received case/invoice number; case forwarded to Tokyo Consulate 
09/04/2015 - Aya receives Packet 3
09/??/2015 - Aya completes documentation, gets police report, etc. Told by consulate we can't schedule interview until after
medical, and that it will take about a month to get the medical appt 
10/05/2015 - Aya (finally!) has medical
10/09/2015 - Medical report issued (no shots!)
10/16/2015 - Aya gets date for Interview
11/02/2015 - Interview - APPROVED!
01/15/2016 - Meet the family in Tokyo
01/30/2016 - Return to the US together
03/03/2016 - MARRIED!
11/15/2016 - Green card interview and approval
03/05/2017 - Aya's Global Entry approved (HIGHLY recommended for anyone traveling 2x or more a year abroad)
03/19/2017 - First 帰国 (return to Japan) - re-entered US w/o issue

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello again everybody! We have a BIG timeline update for you today, and a little on how to rush the process, if you happen to be going through Montreal ;)

tl;dr: Interview Scheduled! Nov 23!

As I think I mentioned, I called NVC on Sept 3, and received our case number, and was told that our case had been sent to MTL the previous day.

I immediately began checking CEAC obsessively, and that evening it changed from "In Transit" to "Ready", as in "Ready to schedule interview", with a Case Created date of 8/31 and an Updated date of 9/02. However from avidly reading VJ over the past few months, I knew to wait until the Updated date changed again, and then have my fiancee pre-emptively send in the required Packet 3 documents (checklist, scan of passport, DS-160 confirmation page).

That evening, we completed the DS-160 together, and we also created an account on the usvisa-info site to schedule the appointment. Entering all the information requested (Passport#, case#, CEAC#) allows you to see when the earliest interview date is available (none were, yet), and also be ready to strike!

Then over the last few weeks, my fiancee ordered her birth certificate, her police certificate, I put together the I-134 documentation, etc, etc... basically everything listed in the Packet 3 and 4 checklists freely available on the consulate website.

Finally, today, as I'm obsessively checking CEAC as I am wont to do, the Status Updated date changes. I immediately tell my fiancee, who quickly attaches the aforementioned Packet 3 documents to an email and fires it off to Montreal.

Then, literally 10 minutes later, she receives an email back from the consulate:

"This office has completed the review of the below-referenced immigrant visa case. You are now ready for an interview at the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal [...]"

What what! I jumped on usvisa-info.com as soon as I got home, whipped out my Visa, payed the fee, and scheduled one of the last 3 remaining interviews for November :D :D :D

We are very excited that everything is going smoothly and quickly, and we should hope to have visa-in-hand well in advance of our wedding in January!

Hope everything goes this well for everyone still waiting :)

September 2014 - Met

October 2014 - Started dating

May 2015 - Engaged!

July 18, 2015 - Mailed I-129F petition

July 21, 2015 - Received by USCIS lockbox

July 23, 2015 - Email/Text notification, NOA1 Notice Date - July 27, 2015 - Hardcopy NOA1

August 6, 2015 - NOA2, I-129F petition approved!

August 7, 2015 - Email notification of approval

August 12, 2015 - Hardcopy NOA2

September 3, 2015 - Case # received from NVC, case sent to Montreal

September 15, 2015 - CEAC status updated

September 15, 2015 3:41 PM - Packet 3 sent to consulate pre-emptively

September 15, 2015 3:51 PM - Packet 4 received! Interview scheduled!

November 23, 2015 - Interview - APPROVED!!

November 30, 2015 - CEAC status updated to Issued

December 3, 2015 - Ready for Pickup at Post Office

December 9, 2015 - Visa in hand!

January 10, 2016 - POE - Peace Bridge, Buffalo NY

January 23, 2016 - MARRIED! durring a blizzard in Brooklyn :)

February 5, 2016 - Mailed AOS/AP/EAD applications

Spoiler

February 15, 2016 - NOA1 texts/emails received - February 25, 2016 - NOA1 hardcopies (Notice Date: Feb 11)

March 9, 2016 - Biometrics

April 18, 2016 - EAD/AP Approved

July 15, 2016 - I-485 Approved! No interview

July 29, 2016 - Green card received in mail - Done with USCIS for 1 year 9 months!

April 25, 2018 - Mailed I-751 Removal of Conditions

Spoiler

May 18, 2018 - Received NOA1/12mo GC extension

June 20, 2018 - Biometrics

August 6, 2018 - Received 18mo GC extension

April 29, 2019 - Text notification "Card is in production"

May 2, 2019 - "We mailed your new card"

May 6, 2019 - 10 year GC received!

November 1, 2019 - N-400 filed online

October 23, 2020 - Oath Ceremony. Our journey is done after 5 years, 3 months and 5 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

After stalking the AIS appointment scheduling page for a week and a half appointments at the Bogota embassy finally opened up, so our interview is scheduled for October 21. Plenty of time to get the medical and final bank letters done. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hi all, first time posting here.

7/29/15 -NOA1

8/14/15 - NOA2

Still waiting on NVC case number. It's been just over 30 days, so I will be calling them tomorrow. Praying for this to happen soon! Anyone else with a Ugandan F going through the consulate in Nairobi?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello again everybody! We have a BIG timeline update for you today, and a little on how to rush the process, if you happen to be going through Montreal ;)

As I think I mentioned, I called NVC on Sept 3, and received our case number, and was told that our case had been sent to MTL the previous day.

I immediately began checking CEAC obsessively, and that evening it changed from "In Transit" to "Ready", as in "Ready to schedule interview", with a Case Created date of 8/31 and an Updated date of 9/02. However from avidly reading VJ over the past few months, I knew to wait until the Updated date changed again, and then have my fiancee pre-emptively send in the required Packet 3 documents (checklist, scan of passport, DS-160 confirmation page).

That evening, we completed the DS-160 together, and we also created an account on the usvisa-info site to schedule the appointment. Entering all the information requested (Passport#, case#, CEAC#) allows you to see when the earliest interview date is available (none were, yet), and also be ready to strike!

Then over the last few weeks, my fiancee ordered her birth certificate, her police certificate, I put together the I-134 documentation, etc, etc... basically everything listed in the Packet 3 and 4 checklists freely available on the consulate website.

Finally, today, as I'm obsessively checking CEAC as I am wont to do, the Status Updated date changes. I immediately tell my fiancee, who quickly attaches the aforementioned Packet 3 documents to an email and fires it off to Montreal.

Then, literally 10 minutes later, she receives an email back from the consulate:

"This office has completed the review of the below-referenced immigrant visa case. You are now ready for an interview at the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal [...]"

What what! I jumped on usvisa-info.com as soon as I got home, whipped out my Visa, payed the fee, and scheduled one of the last 3 remaining interviews for November :D :D :D

We are very excited that everything is going smoothly and quickly, and we should hope to have visa-in-hand well in advance of our wedding in January!

YEYYY!!!.... Hopefully things go just as smooth for me.... and we might have a same interview date. I am waiting for the NVC to send it to montreal.

hi guys a quick question to all K-1 FIANCÉE VISA filers.

as i got the conclusion from the Vj and the reviews is that , once u send the packet -3 completed back to the consulate at your home country(applicants country) , than u have to wait for the packet 4 (i.e interview date and /physical)

my question is are we supposed to book the interview on line or something etc. ?/ [pay fee online

as i have called the consulate/embassy and they said that embassy will schedule your interview and will inform u by email or my phone call abut date of interview???

my confusion is as i read somewhere in a review on vj saying that u have to book interview for k-1 after u send packet 3 to consulate

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Good luck to you!

Hi all, first time posting here.

7/29/15 -NOA1

8/14/15 - NOA2

Still waiting on NVC case number. It's been just over 30 days, so I will be calling them tomorrow. Praying for this to happen soon! Anyone else with a Ugandan F going through the consulate in Nairobi?

Good luck to you!

hi guys a quick question to all K-1 FIANCÉE VISA filers.

as i got the conclusion from the Vj and the reviews is that , once u send the packet -3 completed back to the consulate at your home country(applicants country) , than u have to wait for the packet 4 (i.e interview date and /physical)

my question is are we supposed to book the interview on line or something etc. ?/ [pay fee online

as i have called the consulate/embassy and they said that embassy will schedule your interview and will inform u by email or my phone call abut date of interview???

my confusion is as i read somewhere in a review on vj saying that u have to book interview for k-1 after u send packet 3 to consulate

If you are reading "somewhere else" then possibly you are reading the experience of others for their Embassy processing which can be different then yours. If your Embassy explained to you that they will schedule your interview and will inform you by email or phone, then that's the procedure for your Embassy. That's why I suggest that you spend time on your Embassy's website as they are pretty good about outline the process that is in place to process through.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/pakistan/323250/Consular/niv-faq-eng-aug-2014.pdf

The best place to be to get answers to your questions is in the sub-forum for your country. To find the sub-forum for your country go to the top of this page, select "Forums", then scroll down the page to "General Discussion Area", then within that area scroll a little ways down to "Regional Discussions". Once in your regional discussion forum go ahead and post your question and those who are knowledgeable for many of your questions "why this", "can you explain this", "where is this" or "why is it taking so long" can be answered.

Just a recommendation to relieve your stress and to enlighten you on what is available in the way of help.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.