1,226 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all, congrats on all of the approvals! I knew everyone would get their turn soon!!!

We just arrived back in the US yesterday, and S was successful in using the EAD/AP combo card for entrance back into the states. We had expedited the AP due to a family wedding, and we were very happy to have been able to attend. If anyone has any questions about expediting or about using AP to travel, feel free to ask! Now we are just waiting for our interview letter... :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Received EAD approval letter today. Now just waiting on the actual card to get here...

AOS timeline

06.26.2015 Mailed out AOS package

06.30.2015 Package delivered to Chicago lockbox

07.10.2015 Hard copies NOA-1 received by snail mail

07.17.2015 Biometrics appointment letter received

07.30.2015 Biometrics appointment

09.02.2015 Received email - EAD approved

09.08.2015 Received EAD approval letter/Case updated-card mailed

09.10.2015 Received EAD card ?

09.15.2015 State ID received

12.01.2015 Interview. Approved a couple of hours after. ??

12.04.2015 Green card was mailed out

12.05.2015 Received approval/welcome letter by snail mail

12.10.2015 Green Card in hand ???

65 days until EAD approval

155 days until Green Card approval

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Got NOA-2 in the mailbox for EAD and AP on the 5th of September and now my case status for EAD changed into card mailed on the 8th of September. I will probably get it in a couple of days.

Legal Permanent Resident since 09.15.2015

ROC timeline

06.19.2017 I-751 mailed

06.22.2017 package delivered to Laguna Niguel PO box

06.23.2017 check cashed

06.27.2017 NOA-1 received dated 06.22.2017

07.14.2017 Biometrics letter received. Notice dated 06.30.2017

07.19.2017 Biometrics appointment 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Just got an email that they mailed my EAD out today! Yay!

AOS timeline

06.26.2015 Mailed out AOS package

06.30.2015 Package delivered to Chicago lockbox

07.10.2015 Hard copies NOA-1 received by snail mail

07.17.2015 Biometrics appointment letter received

07.30.2015 Biometrics appointment

09.02.2015 Received email - EAD approved

09.08.2015 Received EAD approval letter/Case updated-card mailed

09.10.2015 Received EAD card ?

09.15.2015 State ID received

12.01.2015 Interview. Approved a couple of hours after. ??

12.04.2015 Green card was mailed out

12.05.2015 Received approval/welcome letter by snail mail

12.10.2015 Green Card in hand ???

65 days until EAD approval

155 days until Green Card approval

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I checked this morning and my EAD status was updated to "New Card is Being Produced" and my Travel AP is "Approved". I must have missed the Approved status for the EAD. Finally good to see some progress. My AOS is still at "Fingerprint Fee Received".

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

I checked this morning and my EAD status was updated to "New Card is Being Produced" and my Travel AP is "Approved". I must have missed the Approved status for the EAD. Finally good to see some progress. My AOS is still at "Fingerprint Fee Received".

Congrats!!!! :)

:luv:

Congrats

EAD hasn't changed to approve yet , but I-485 changed today.... Another RFE ? I'm sure it's the same thing (affidavit .. Joint sponsor) ..... If my mom doesn't make enough then I have no idea what we are going to do . Because we don't know anyone else that makes good money and would be willing to be our joint sponsor :/

My heart just sank .... And I feel like the work permit isn't going to be approved until we find a joint sponsor ... Because it also seems like everyone is being approved except us ?? I have an interview today tho .. Let's hope I get it..

Timeline

EAD hasn't changed to approve yet , but I-485 changed today.... Another RFE ? I'm sure it's the same thing (affidavit .. Joint sponsor) ..... If my mom doesn't make enough then I have no idea what we are going to do . Because we don't know anyone else that makes good money and would be willing to be our joint sponsor :/

My heart just sank .... And I feel like the work permit isn't going to be approved until we find a joint sponsor ... Because it also seems like everyone is being approved except us ?? I have an interview today tho .. Let's hope I get it..

OMG! I am so sorry to hear that! Fingers crossed for you that maybe it's something else and easier to fix. At least it is not denial but just another RFE. I really wish you all the best and hope everything will work out!

ROC timeline

06.19.2017 I-751 mailed

06.23.2017 check cashed

Congrats to all who have gotten the EAD/AP approval! I am still waiting for mine.

I have a question here and hope someone out there could shine some light.

I came in to US with tourist visa in March (taking a break from work and wish to tour around US). Things went fast and in June, I got married to my US citizen spouse. Subsequently, we filed for AOS/EAD/AP in end July. My tourist visa will expire in coming mid Sept 2015. I received my hardcopy NOA-1, biometrics appointment letter, went for biometrics appointment on 20 Aug, now still waiting for my EAD/AP approval. On the USCIS website, my EAD & AP status indicated that "case was received", while I485 indicated "fingerprint fee accepted" since end July. So the question is will there be any issue if my EAD/AP approval comes after my tourist visa expires in like a week time? I read somewhere that it is ok as the application is in process (won't be charged as overstay), but it still worries me a little :(

*still impatiently waiting for my EAD/AP approval. I heard that big cities like Chicago takes a longer time to process their applications :S

AOS Timeline

July 21 2015 Sent AOS packet I-[130, 485, 765, 131] via USPS

July 22 2015 Delivered

July 27 2015 received NOA-1 via email

July 31 2015 Received NOAs for I-[130, 485, 765, 131] through mail. NOA-1 dated July 27 2015

Aug 07 2015 Received Bio metrics appointment letter through the mail

Aug 20 2015 Bio metrics Appointment done

Sept 25 2015 Online status update indicating EAD/AP approval

Sept 28 2015 Received approval notice in mail

Sept 29 2015 Received text and email notification that card mailed

Oct 01 2015 EAD/AP combo card in hand

Timeline

Congrats to all who have gotten the EAD/AP approval! I am still waiting for mine.

I came in to US with tourist visa in March (taking a break from work and wish to tour around US). Things went fast and in June, I got married to my US citizen spouse. Subsequently, we filed for AOS/EAD/AP in end July. My tourist visa will expire in coming mid Sept 2015. I received my hardcopy NOA-1, biometrics appointment letter, went for biometrics appointment on 20 Aug, now still waiting for my EAD/AP approval. On the USCIS website, my EAD & AP status indicated that "case was received", while I485 indicated "fingerprint fee accepted" since end July. So the question is will there be any issue if my EAD/AP approval comes after my tourist visa expires in like a week time? I read somewhere that it is ok as the application is in process (won't be charged as overstay), but it still worries me a little :(

*still impatiently waiting for my EAD/AP approval. I heard that big cities like Chicago takes a longer time to process their applications :S

You will be absoluty fine. All "overstays" are forgiven when you have a pending AOS application. My visa (K-1) had expired on July 23d and my EAD was approved September 2nd.

ROC timeline

06.19.2017 I-751 mailed

06.23.2017 check cashed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Congrats!

haloha, on 09 Sept 2015 - 6:16 PM, said:snapback.png

You will be absoluty fine. All "overstays" are forgiven when you have a pending AOS application. My visa (K-1) had expired on July 23d and my EAD was approved September 2nd.

@Ksenia1985 -- thank you for your kind reply. Good luck to you on the subsequent processes too!

AOS Timeline

July 21 2015 Sent AOS packet I-[130, 485, 765, 131] via USPS

July 22 2015 Delivered

July 27 2015 received NOA-1 via email

July 31 2015 Received NOAs for I-[130, 485, 765, 131] through mail. NOA-1 dated July 27 2015

Aug 07 2015 Received Bio metrics appointment letter through the mail

Aug 20 2015 Bio metrics Appointment done

Sept 25 2015 Online status update indicating EAD/AP approval

Sept 28 2015 Received approval notice in mail

Sept 29 2015 Received text and email notification that card mailed

Oct 01 2015 EAD/AP combo card in hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.