dwheels76

August 2015 Interviews

673 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, your border crossing experiences might be million times better than me. But i have to explain every single bit of details about my intentions with the travel.

Its always better to have as many documents as possible rather than having none.

Oh that sucks! I have literally never had a problem at the border! At most they'll just ask me where I'm going. Sometimes they just say thank you and I'm through!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Oh that sucks! I have literally never had a problem at the border! At most they'll just ask me where I'm going. Sometimes they just say thank you and I'm through!

Take everything related to your wedding and explain your situation to the IO officer on the day of your Interview. Ask them to help you. Tell them that you didn't expect the interview this soon. They might have a solution for it.. may be they can gv your passport quickly which helps you to do POE as a immigrant for your wedding. Or they can give a letter or temporary permit for you to enter USA. Our prayers are with you.

Everyone in this world can understand how important wedding day is.. Lets hope so.

Keep all your booking details, invitations.. etc during the interview

18-Apr-2014-----------------Marriage
USCIS
18-Aug-2014-----------------I130 Sent
19-Aug-2014-----------------I130 NOA1
21-Jan-2015-----------------I130 NOA2 (Five months and two days)
NVC
04-Feb-2015-----------------NVC Received Our Case
04-Feb-2015-----------------Husband naturalized and IR1 upgrade request sent to NVC
21-May-2015-----------------Case Upgraded to IR1
05-Aug-2015-----------------Received Case Complete confirmation email
10-Sep-2015------------------Interview Scheduled
16-Sep-2015------------------Interview email Received
Mumbai Embassy
18-Sep-2015------------------Medical (Chennai Apollo)
23-Sep-2015------------------Finger Printing (Chennai)
05-Oct-2015-------------------Interview - APPROVED
07-Oct-2015-------------------Passport Picked Up in CHENNAI
Check my profile for the detail timeline.

If you enter using Nexus, it will have your old information and nonimmigrant intent. Then when you enter again with immigrant visa, they can question how you entered with nonimmigrant intent while your immigrant visa was in process.

But if you have a dual intent visa like H1, then you shouldn't have a problem. Again, check with some immigrant attorney.

The Consulate in Montreal does not update anything in the systems that deactivates your Nexus.... When I applied & received my car, I'd already started the paperwork process. The CBP in the office told me that when we're done to stop in the office to update my residency status and if anything else ever changes (such as using my married name) that will have to be updated right away as well....

chanteuse, thanks so much for the kind words :) I think the biggest thing for you is carrying your ties back to Canada, and a letter from your employer carries a lot of weight.... I crossed the border to be married in Ann Arbor Michigan - extra questions, but no real hassle...

Best wishes!!

Met in the SCA - DRACO INVICTUS!  08-14-2014 Married in Ann Arbor, MI

Spoiler

USCIS.... DONE  in 150 day from NOA1 to NOA2 (TSC)

NVC... DONE  in 116 days from NOA2 to final CC

Final Steps... DONE in 350 days from NOA1 to POE
POE 08-11-2015 in Detroit, MI 

Removal of Conditions

07-11-2017 NOA1 date (rec'd on 14th)

08-03-2017 Daughter and I completed biometrics; May 2018 - I had to redo my biometrics (reason unknown)

WAC17283xxxxx....and we wait...400 days

07-13-2018 I-551 extension stamp (12 mths) obtained at USCIS office in Detroit

09-20-2018 Transferred to TSC

10-15-2018 Text notification "New Card Being Produced"   YAY!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hey. . Just a suggestion. . Don't throw stones... lol.. Could Canadians start their own thread? #WhistlingAway!

Mother & Daughter
Mom's CC: May 19 2015
Kid's CC: July 10th 2015(after checklist)
Interview Scheduled: August 27th 2015
Medical Date: Sept 11th 2015(Passed!!!)
Registered our appointment online: Sept 16th 2015
Interview Date: Sept 29th 2015 Approved!!
Visa in Hand: October 1st 2015
POE: 11th October 2015 - Philadelphia

Timeline

how nvc schedule interviews,, my cc on 22 june and still no interview schedule yet the guys from my country scheduled for cc on 7 july,11 july,or so dates...did calling to nvc helps to get interview schedule earlier?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

how nvc schedule interviews,, my cc on 22 june and still no interview schedule yet the guys from my country scheduled for cc on 7 july,11 july,or so dates...did calling to nvc helps to get interview schedule earlier?

Yes, keep calling. There might be few details missing..

When I called yesterday, the guy said some field in my case was missing to be populated.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I definitely will. Do you think they will even care about my wedding though?

The people doing the interviews at Montreal Consulate are nice decent human beings..Just explain to the person interviewing you that you have to go for your wedding right after your interview and that you will be using your nexus card..that person should be able to tell you if anything will change in the system..

Also when you go to the border, IF they ask for proof, then of course you will be able to show that you will be coming back to pick up your visa and passport...

My advise just breathe and relax...everything will work out just fine...also have fun at your wedding...

Timeline

The people doing the interviews at Montreal Consulate are nice decent human beings..Just explain to the person interviewing you that you have to go for your wedding right after your interview and that you will be using your nexus card..that person should be able to tell you if anything will change in the system..

Also when you go to the border, IF they ask for proof, then of course you will be able to show that you will be coming back to pick up your visa and passport...

My advise just breathe and relax...everything will work out just fine...also have fun at your wedding...

One more thing, jus came to my mind.

You are going for your wedding, and your got the immigrant visa approved and you have to come back to collect your passport. So definitely they cant consider this as entry for immigrant purpose. That too when you already have the immigrant visa approved. Do check with them in your interview and also have proof to show that your visa is approved. Hope nothing to worry. Its all matter of explaining to them. Enjoy.. Get ready for your biiig day.

18-Apr-2014-----------------Marriage
USCIS
18-Aug-2014-----------------I130 Sent
19-Aug-2014-----------------I130 NOA1
21-Jan-2015-----------------I130 NOA2 (Five months and two days)
NVC
04-Feb-2015-----------------NVC Received Our Case
04-Feb-2015-----------------Husband naturalized and IR1 upgrade request sent to NVC
21-May-2015-----------------Case Upgraded to IR1
05-Aug-2015-----------------Received Case Complete confirmation email
10-Sep-2015------------------Interview Scheduled
16-Sep-2015------------------Interview email Received
Mumbai Embassy
18-Sep-2015------------------Medical (Chennai Apollo)
23-Sep-2015------------------Finger Printing (Chennai)
05-Oct-2015-------------------Interview - APPROVED
07-Oct-2015-------------------Passport Picked Up in CHENNAI
Check my profile for the detail timeline.

Filed: Timeline

i don't know how they are scheduling the interview, my case was completed on May 29 still waiting on interview. I called NVC today they said they are still scheduling interviews.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all Canadians out there (MTL):

I just called the NVC, and was told by the nice lady on the phone that they have completed scheduling interviews for AUGUST. Therefore, no open slots for August. She said to call back in the second week of August for September interviews.

My CC was May 12. Still waiting for an interview at MTL...

Any other Canadians have progress getting interviews?

Also, do the NVC reps have no way of knowing where in the queue I am? At least that information would be helpful - example, I am 10th in line, and if I call back in a few weeks and find out I am still waiting but 5th in line, at least I can breath a sigh of relief that things are moving. Just a thought...

Hi all Canadians out there (MTL):

I just called the NVC, and was told by the nice lady on the phone that they have completed scheduling interviews for AUGUST. Therefore, no open slots for August. She said to call back in the second week of August for September interviews.

My CC was May 12. Still waiting for an interview at MTL...

Any other Canadians have progress getting interviews?

Also, do the NVC reps have no way of knowing where in the queue I am? At least that information would be helpful - example, I am 10th in line, and if I call back in a few weeks and find out I am still waiting but 5th in line, at least I can breath a sigh of relief that things are moving. Just a thought...

My CC date just missed the cut off for a June interview... there were a few with dates close/on my CC who received interview in June, so I was really hoping to make the cut as well..... Alas, here I am with a July interview....

I was watching your timeline, really hoping to see you get a date soon!!

I cannot believe they've already closed the books on August :P

Still rooting for you!!!!

Met in the SCA - DRACO INVICTUS!  08-14-2014 Married in Ann Arbor, MI

Spoiler

USCIS.... DONE  in 150 day from NOA1 to NOA2 (TSC)

NVC... DONE  in 116 days from NOA2 to final CC

Final Steps... DONE in 350 days from NOA1 to POE
POE 08-11-2015 in Detroit, MI 

Removal of Conditions

07-11-2017 NOA1 date (rec'd on 14th)

08-03-2017 Daughter and I completed biometrics; May 2018 - I had to redo my biometrics (reason unknown)

WAC17283xxxxx....and we wait...400 days

07-13-2018 I-551 extension stamp (12 mths) obtained at USCIS office in Detroit

09-20-2018 Transferred to TSC

10-15-2018 Text notification "New Card Being Produced"   YAY!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.