dwheels76

August 2015 Interviews

673 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Does anyone know if I am okay to enter the US from Canada with my Nexus after my interview but prior to when I receive my passport back?

Well, I would never do that. Every time I used non-nexus lane to enter, they always asked me to provide more documentation.

Again you might not have that issue since you are white.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, I would never do that. Every time I used non-nexus lane to enter, they always asked me to provide more documentation.

Again you might not have that issue since you are white.

Yeah I have never had a problem crossing, a lot of times in the Nexus lane all they say to me is 'thank you' and I am allowed entry...

I'm freaked out because this is terrible timing, my interview in Mtl is July 22 and my vow renewal wedding is July 25 in Washington. If they deny my entry after my interview, I won't be able to attend my own wedding. Lovely.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

here I am counting....

12 days more to go before interview day!

God bless us all!

God be with you. You will do well. List what you have in readiness for the D day.

Mother & Daughter
Mom's CC: May 19 2015
Kid's CC: July 10th 2015(after checklist)
Interview Scheduled: August 27th 2015
Medical Date: Sept 11th 2015(Passed!!!)
Registered our appointment online: Sept 16th 2015
Interview Date: Sept 29th 2015 Approved!!
Visa in Hand: October 1st 2015
POE: 11th October 2015 - Philadelphia

Does anyone know if I am okay to enter the US from Canada with my Nexus after my interview but prior to when I receive my passport back?

I have seen some say yes, some say they don't bother..... I will be doing just that.... Interview is the 24th, and we leave for Pennsic (huge medieval camping event with the SCA) on the 31st and will be back the 8th.....

**fingers crossed**

from what I can tell with the eligibility rules, we're still eligible to use Nexus.... just don't have our passports.... I plan to carry my file folder with all my documents anyways....

Best wishes!

here I am counting....

12 days more to go before interview day!

God bless us all!

8 days here and so flipping excited :) :)

We will take the train from Windsor to Montreal on the 23rd, do the interview on the 24th, act like tourists for the weekend, then train home on the 27th :)

Met in the SCA - DRACO INVICTUS!  08-14-2014 Married in Ann Arbor, MI

Spoiler

USCIS.... DONE  in 150 day from NOA1 to NOA2 (TSC)

NVC... DONE  in 116 days from NOA2 to final CC

Final Steps... DONE in 350 days from NOA1 to POE
POE 08-11-2015 in Detroit, MI 

Removal of Conditions

07-11-2017 NOA1 date (rec'd on 14th)

08-03-2017 Daughter and I completed biometrics; May 2018 - I had to redo my biometrics (reason unknown)

WAC17283xxxxx....and we wait...400 days

07-13-2018 I-551 extension stamp (12 mths) obtained at USCIS office in Detroit

09-20-2018 Transferred to TSC

10-15-2018 Text notification "New Card Being Produced"   YAY!!

Timeline

I have seen some say yes, some say they don't bother..... I will be doing just that.... Interview is the 24th, and we leave for Pennsic (huge medieval camping event with the SCA) on the 31st and will be back the 8th.....

**fingers crossed**

from what I can tell with the eligibility rules, we're still eligible to use Nexus.... just don't have our passports.... I plan to carry my file folder with all my documents anyways....

Best wishes!

8 days here and so flipping excited :) :)

We will take the train from Windsor to Montreal on the 23rd, do the interview on the 24th, act like tourists for the weekend, then train home on the 27th :)

Thanks Christina! Can I just say you have been a huge help. That's the thing, I have always gone through the Nexus line and never been asked for my passport so what difference would it be after my interview? Unless the border agents have something in their computer systems updating them on me and telling them not to let me cross. But you are right, technically we are allowed to cross with just a Nexus, but they always say bottom line it's up to the officer's discretion. I will cross with all my documentation simply because I'm going straight from the airport to the US, and I am getting my employer to write a letter stating when I am expected to be back at work in Canada, and I won't have anything with me in my car except my overnight bag. I hope that does the trick. Missing my own wedding would be devastating otherwise...

PS we are staying at the Delta Montreal hotel. We got a good deal for it but the McGill residences were $240 cheaper for our stay...but they don't have a coffee maker...and reviews are mixed. Still, it would be great to save money.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

CSB is here too :ranting:

Edited by dandanos

Here is My TimeLine for my VisaJourney :

Note : This is a US.Citizen applying for relatives category

• Service Center : Vermont Service Center
  • Consulate : Morocco
  • Marriage (if applicable):
  • I-130 Sent : 2014-11-16
  • I-130 NOA1 : 2014-11-23
  • I-130 RFE : 2015-03-26
  • I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-03-30
  • I-130 Approved : 2015-04-16
  • NVC Received : 2015-05-04
  • Assigned Case Number : 2015-05-14
  • Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-05-19
  • Pay AOS Bill : 2015-05-29
  • Send AOS Package : 2015-05-27
  • Receive I-864 Package : 2015-05-14
  • Submit DS-261 : 2015-05-28 ( The website was down for almost 3 weeks , no one was able to log in )
  • Send IV Package : 2015-05-27
  • Checklist: 26 June 2015 [ Non-submission of DS 260] i was not able to submit it due to the website issue ]
  • Submit DS-260 05 July 2015
  • Case Completed 05 August 2015
  • Interview scheduled on 9/11/2015
  • Interview shceduled for 10/14/2015
  • Interview Status : Approved

Timeline

Yeah I have never had a problem crossing, a lot of times in the Nexus lane all they say to me is 'thank you' and I am allowed entry...

I'm freaked out because this is terrible timing, my interview in Mtl is July 22 and my vow renewal wedding is July 25 in Washington. If they deny my entry after my interview, I won't be able to attend my own wedding. Lovely.

Move your vow renewal by a month.

Timeline

If you enter using Nexus, it will have your old information and nonimmigrant intent. Then when you enter again with immigrant visa, they can question how you entered with nonimmigrant intent while your immigrant visa was in process.

But if you have a dual intent visa like H1, then you shouldn't have a problem. Again, check with some immigrant attorney.

Timeline

Move your vow renewal by a month.

Nice solution but it's a large wedding with 120 people attending, many from out of town with their flights and accommodation already booked and we've already spent thousands on it...

Timeline

Nice solution but it's a large wedding with 120 people attending, many from out of town with their flights and accommodation already booked and we've already spent thousands on it...

Okay then.

Drive using Nexus lanes. Make sure you have documents to prove your big wedding.

Timeline

Okay then.

Drive using Nexus lanes. Make sure you have documents to prove your big wedding.

I definitely will. Do you think they will even care about my wedding though?

Timeline

I definitely will. Do you think they will even care about my wedding though?

Well, your border crossing experiences might be million times better than me. But i have to explain every single bit of details about my intentions with the travel.

Its always better to have as many documents as possible rather than having none.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.