KASH2011

I-751 July 2015 Filers

776 posts in this topic

It would appear so... :-) We gotta be careful with this boycott LOL I wonder whether we've ever met each other, you know, since we're both Brazilian and live in DC. Send me an email so we can connect. The following email is not my real name btw. eddysilva.dc@gmail.com

I hear you. I am also waiting... :cry: I guess the USCIS is boycotting us, Brazilians, lol...

@all: it would be great to capture the green card expiration date. Considering some others in August have received their approval, it would be interesting to know if this is because their green card is expiring very soon.

for the Vermont people that are still waiting. don't worry, which I know is tough. they don't go in order, and some cases were sent to local offices. it's just a matter of time but it's coming. Best of luck to everyone.

Sure thing! A fourth thing I remembered is that some applications are delayed by security checks. If the background check hasn't cleared then USCIS can't adjudicate a case. Hoping this isn't the case with you but if you call customer service to speak to a tier 2 or send email inquiries to the various email addresses, then you can start to get some information about the status of your case.

Thank you for being sympathetic. I think you're right in terms of the NOA date. My noa date was like 13 or so, so it might still take a few weeks but I'm sure it's coming soon. It's funny you mentioned checking the mailbox everyday because that's exactly what I do. As well as the USCIS website and this forum. I gotta take it easy LOL

I can't really tell if the approval was done at Vermont or at my local office. The stamp on the front has the Vermont zip code and the sender address on the front is Vermont, but at the bottom of the letter they write 'USCIS Office' and then they list the address of my local office. So not too sure.

Got my letter today, approval date was 05/23. It came from Vermont, not my local office. Thank you guys and Goodluck. So happy right now!! :)

I quoted the wrong person the first time around. I can't really tell if the approval was done at Vermont or at my local office. The stamp on the front has the Vermont zip code and the sender address on the front is Vermont, but at the bottom of the letter they write 'USCIS Office' and then they list the address of my local office. So not too sure.

Just recieved the approval letter the decision date was may 23th and it was sent from the local office in Newark nj

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Just recieved the approval letter the decision date was may 23th and it was sent from the local office in Newark nj

Congrats!

Got my letter today, approval date was 05/23. It came from Vermont, not my local office. Thank you guys and Goodluck. So happy right now!! :)

Congrats!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

New approvals anyone?

It looks like VSC started approving August 2015 filers and forgot us...

Edited by R & M

I-130

06/25/2013 - I-130 sent via USPS
06/27/2013 - Delivered to USCIS Chicago

07/02/2013 - Received USCIS Acceptance Confirmation email (PD June 28).

07/03/2013 - Check cashed

09/11/2013 - I-130 transferred to Nebraska Service Center

11/13/2013 - I-130 transferred to USCIS local field office (3 weeks after the interview)

11/25/2013 - I-130 Approved

AOS, EAD, AP

07/30/2013 - AOS packet sent via USPS ( I-485, I-131, I-765)

08/01/2013 - Delivered to USCIS Chicago
08/12/2013 - Received 3 USCIS Acceptance Confirmation SMS/emails. Awaiting official receipt notice (Form I-797) in the mail.
08/12/2013 - Check cashed
08/15/2013 - Received 3 NOA's by mail.
08/19/2013 - Received Biometrics appointment
08/20/2013 - Biometrics completed by walk in
09/06/2013 - Original Biometrics appointment

08/27/2013 - Expedited AP Approved / EAD was approved as well.

08/30/2013 - Second EAD/AP card ordered confirmation e-mail.

09/03/2013 - EAD/AP card shipped (USPS tracking number)

09/05/2013 - EAD/AP card received

09/05/2013 - I-485 status online changed to "testing & interview"

09/20/2013 - I-485 status showing the interview date (Oct. 24)
09/23/2013 - Received NOA about the interview appointment

10/24/2013 - Interview (Approved!)

11/25/2013 - First Card Production Ordered e-mail (5:30pm)

11/25/2013 - Status Update: Decision (9:00pm)

11/29/2013 - Second Card Production Ordered e-mail with Tracking # (8:45pm)

12/02/2013 - Green Card Received

I-751

07/23/2015 - I-751 sent via USPS

07/27/2015 - Package received at VSC

08/03/2015 - Check cashed

08/03/2015 - Received NOA, dated 07/28/2015

08/13/2015 - Received Biometrics notice for 08/24/2015

06/27/2016 - "New Card is Being Produced" Text Message (12:30pm - Eastern)

R & M: we're still a few to wait for an answer. Seeing people being approved in August and seeing our deadline getting closer and closer makes this even more stressful. We don't even know if there will be a RFE.

So today I decided to get some courage and call USCIS, since it's been 11 months and I haven't heard anything yet after the biometrics. The first time I called I got this young lady who was very polite but at the same time was very determined not to transfer me to a tier 2 officer. I insisted several times and noticed something weird. She kept repeating the same thing every now and then: "I can transfer you to a tier 2 officer upon demand"; but every time I asked her to transfer me she gave me a different excuse. So it finally hit me and I found out what seems to be a little magical word. I said "I demand to speak to a tier 2 officer," and boy did she transfer me right away. I was baffled. She simply said "Ok, sir as per your demand I am transferring you to a tier 2 officer."

So there we go, I thought, at least I'm gonna speak to someone who know a little more than I do in regards to my case. I was already planning what I was going to say in my head. I was gonna be very polite and ask If I could do anything to help speed up my case. Man I had it all rehearsed inside my head. So suddenly I got a computerized system. "Our agents are experiencing long delays" said the system. I thought to myself, I can wait, no problem. Except that the system said they were gonna have to call me back in 68 minutes. I was disappointed and very skeptical but I said no problems at least I get to do other things while I wait.

So 3 hours passed and no one from USCIS called me. So I decided to call back once more and go through the entire system again and was finally connected to a tier 1 agent. I explained the story and she said she would transfer me to a tier 2 officer except that she was having a computer issue and could not transfer me. She told me to call again. And so I did and spoke to yet another young lady who also said they could not transfer me to tier 2 officers because they were experiencing a great volume of calls and she asked me to try calling again tomorrow morning.

I was ready to give up and go have a beer and relax when my spouse call me on the phone. To my huge surprise it was not my spouse on the phone it was a USCIS tier 2 officer calling me back. OMG I was freaking out so much. You have no idea how happy I was. She confirmed my identity and put me on hold to find out what was going on with my case.

She told me that according to her system they were working on my case as we spoke and since they were working on my case I should wait until the end of the month and if I didn't hear back from them, then I should call them again and they would send an inquire to the VSC office to try to find out what's going on.

I know it's not much but you have no idea how happy I am to have spoken to someone who can actually tell me anything real about my case. Specially since I've been having such a bad time lately. I'm sure my approval it's gonna come anytime now. What do you guys think??

Edited by BrazilGuy82

Hi SIAR21. Congratulations!!! Two questions for you if you don't mind:

1. After your status changed to 'card mailed', did it ever change again to 'USPS picked up your card' and with the tracking number included and/or 'USPS delivered your card'?

2. Approx. how many days after the 'card mailed' status did you receive the card in the mail?

Card was delivered in the mail today. Good Luck everyone and Thank you for the support

Congratulations!!! 'Wait until the end of the month' sounds a bit stressful since it is only June 2nd but hopefully, as you say, it won't be too much longer now. Very helpful tip about using 'demand'.

So today I decided to get some courage and call USCIS, since it's been 11 months and I haven't heard anything yet after the biometrics. The first time I called I got this young lady who was very polite but at the same time was very determined not to transfer me to a tier 2 officer. I insisted several times and noticed something weird. She kept repeating the same thing every now and then: "I can transfer you to a tier 2 officer upon demand"; but every time I asked her to transfer me she gave me a different excuse. So it finally hit me and I found out what seems to be a little magical word. I said "I demand to speak to a tier 2 officer," and boy did she transfer me right away. I was baffled. She simply said "Ok, sir as per your demand I am transferring you to a tier 2 officer."

So there we go, I thought, at least I'm gonna speak to someone who know a little more than I do in regards to my case. I was already planning what I was going to say in my head. I was gonna be very polite and ask If I could do anything to help speed up my case. Man I had it all rehearsed inside my head. So suddenly I got a computerized system. "Our agents are experiencing long delays" said the system. I thought to myself, I can wait, no problem. Except that the system said they were gonna have to call me back in 68 minutes. I was disappointed and very skeptical but I said no problems at least I get to do other things while I wait.

So 3 hours passed and no one from USCIS called me. So I decided to call back once more and go through the entire system again and was finally connected to a tier 1 agent. I explained the story and she said she would transfer me to a tier 2 officer except that she was having a computer issue and could not transfer me. She told me to call again. And so I did and spoke to yet another young lady who also said they could not transfer me to tier 2 officers because they were experiencing a great volume of calls and she asked me to try calling again tomorrow morning.

I was ready to give up and go have a beer and relax when my spouse call me on the phone. To my huge surprise it was not my spouse on the phone it was a USCIS tier 2 officer calling me back. OMG I was freaking out so much. You have no idea how happy I was. She confirmed my identity and put me on hold to find out what was going on with my case.

She told me that according to her system they were working on my case as we spoke and since they were working on my case I should wait until the end of the month and if I didn't hear back from them, then I should call them again and they would send an inquire to the VSC office to try to find out what's going on.

I know it's not much but you have no idea how happy I am to have spoken to someone who can actually tell me anything real about my case. Specially since I've been having such a bad time lately. I'm sure my approval it's gonna come anytime now. What do you guys think??

Status went from card order to delivered nothing in between. May 26 for card order and June 2 for delivery. About 7 days total

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.