JohnR!

Supreme Court rules states must allow same-sex marriage

252 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sodom and Gomorrah is back again.. so sad to the ones who agree,practice and legalized it.. :(

Wait. So the Supreme Court legalized forced gang rape against tourists?

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Filed: Timeline

Sodom and Gomorrah is back again.. so sad to the ones who agree,practice and legalized it.. :(

Texas can just secede.. why should they have to put up with it?

Oh right you all like obamacare and fema when it suits your purpose but don't want to give other benefits guaranteed under law to other citizens.

I-129F Mailed: Aug 16, 2013 | Interview at Embassy Jan 24, 2014

K-1 VISA IN HAND: March 6, 2014

I-485 Mailed: June 20, 2014 | NPIW: October 15, 2014 | Welcome Letter: June 23, 2015

2 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: June 26, 2015

I-751 Mailed: March 20, 2017 | Approval Letter: February 24, 2018

10 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: March 23, 2018

N-400 Filed Online: March 20, 2018

Texas can just secede.. why should they have to put up with it?

Oh right you all like obamacare and fema when it suits your purpose but don't want to give other benefits guaranteed under law to other citizens.

No. We want the oil. The conservative rednecks can self deport themselves to wherever, no one cares.

Check my timeline for K-1 visa & AOS details

Conditional Permanent Resident: 16 September 2014

Conditional GC Expires: 16 September 2016

ROC Journey (CA Service Center)

2016-Sep-14: I-751 form, check, supporting docs sent USPS Priority Express

2016-Sep-15: ROC application received & signed for by Lakelieh

2016-Sep-15: NOA receipt date

2016-Sep-19: $590 check cashed by USCIS

2016-Sep-20: NOA/ 1-year extension letter received in mail

2018-Feb-26: ROC case transferred to local office

2018-Mar-06: ROC approved via USCIS website (WAC status check)

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Marriage equality is not about marriage. It's really about equality and our government shout never stay out of guaranteeing equality to everyone in this land.

I really don't care either way if the made gay marriage legal or non legal, I only see this as a win win for lawyers for more divorces. I think government should stay out of marriage.

I just find it funny Texas passed some loopholes to keep from having to issue gay marriage licenses.

Now you can see why Texas is the envy of the rest of the USA.......

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Not really. It's a far sadder state of affairs for those who believe and live their lives based on fairy tales and imaginary beings...

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

I have to wonder if the RWNJ Evangelical southern baptist etc etc crowd, might be partially responsible for this . Allow me to elaborate.

They claimed Homosexuals had declared war on Marriage, Christianity, and they always were talking about the Homosexual agenda.

What they could not recognize is, what they called an attack, was in fact a defense of a brutal onslaught of prejudice, stereotyping and gay bashing homophobic hysteria. As the attitudes softened in this country and we as Nation became more accepting, they stepped up the attack. I think many Americans realized how foolish and 18th sentry this all was.

It did 2 things.

It brought the issue massive amounts of publicity of the kind gay parades never could. It also brought sympathy as no one likes a bully.

It also hurt the perception of Christians in this country, by the display of behavior that was everything Jesus told them not to be . I think that at least in part, the very crowd that is loosing their mind over this issue, helped it move forward more than any other. Ironic Huh.

Also Ellen coming out helped. I mean who could not like Ellen, Right ?

It had kind of the same effect that blowing up churches full of little black kids had. America hates bullies.

Apparently. I missed that news too.

Legal marriage of Men and donkeys is just around the corner. Just ask them.

The donkey can give its consent by stomping its foot, but the recliner...well. #rightwingnutlogic

Check my timeline for K-1 visa & AOS details

Conditional Permanent Resident: 16 September 2014

Conditional GC Expires: 16 September 2016

ROC Journey (CA Service Center)

2016-Sep-14: I-751 form, check, supporting docs sent USPS Priority Express

2016-Sep-15: ROC application received & signed for by Lakelieh

2016-Sep-15: NOA receipt date

2016-Sep-19: $590 check cashed by USCIS

2016-Sep-20: NOA/ 1-year extension letter received in mail

2018-Feb-26: ROC case transferred to local office

2018-Mar-06: ROC approved via USCIS website (WAC status check)

Filed: Timeline

I have to wonder if the RWNJ Evangelical southern baptist etc etc crowd, might be partially responsible for this . Allow me to elaborate.

They claimed Homosexuals had declared war on Marriage, Christianity, and they always were talking about the Homosexual agenda.

What they could not recognize is, what they called an attack, was in fact a defense of a brutal onslaught of prejudice, stereotyping and gay bashing homophobic hysteria. As the attitudes softened in this country and we as Nation became more accepting, they stepped up the attack. I think many Americans realized how foolish and 18th sentry this all was.

It did 2 things.

It brought the issue massive amounts of publicity of the kind gay parades never could. It also brought sympathy as no one likes a bully.

It also hurt the perception of Christians in this country, by the display of behavior that was everything Jesus told them not to be . I think that at least in part, the very crowd that is loosing their mind over this issue, helped it move forward more than any other. Ironic Huh.

Also Ellen coming out helped. I mean who could not like Ellen, Right ?

It had kind of the same effect that blowing up churches full of little black kids had. America hates bullies.

Legal marriage of Men and donkeys is just around the corner. Just ask them.

Agree with most things you said.. the biggest example of the bully is Bobby Jindal, he felt he was going to be bullied his whole life, he changed his religion (not by marriage, but by choice) and became the bully and is now the last one holding the religious zealotry standard by still denying the law of the land in his state and he wants that be a basis for running for President.

Marriage does not make anyone weaker.. 99.9% of the living beings you meet, you're incompatible with anyways so it's silly to be so limiting on that.. let people be happy. But if they want to compare marriage equality with animals, they can marry their golden retriever if it makes them happy.

I-129F Mailed: Aug 16, 2013 | Interview at Embassy Jan 24, 2014

K-1 VISA IN HAND: March 6, 2014

I-485 Mailed: June 20, 2014 | NPIW: October 15, 2014 | Welcome Letter: June 23, 2015

2 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: June 26, 2015

I-751 Mailed: March 20, 2017 | Approval Letter: February 24, 2018

10 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: March 23, 2018

N-400 Filed Online: March 20, 2018

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Marriage equality is not about marriage. It's really about equality and our government shout never stay out of guaranteeing equality to everyone in this land.

If it all about equality, then why do we have 50 states with 50 different set of rules and laws for each state.

My concealed handgun license is not valid in all 50 states, my hunting/fishing licenses only valid in Texas, My professional Licenses are only valid in Texas.

I am not seeing equality with those..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If it all about equality, then why do we have 50 states with 50 different set of rules and laws for each state.

My concealed handgun license is not valid in all 50 states, my hunting/fishing licenses only valid in Texas, My professional Licenses are only valid in Texas.

The rules and regulations differ across the states.

Building codes differ from state to state based on weather patterns and geographic anomalies. Tax codes differ from state to state. Medical requirements differ from state to state. Which is why your professional licences are not valid in other states. You can, however, OBTAIN those licenses in other states by learning the differences in the codes.

Hunting and fishing quotas differ from state to state based on animal populations. Your license in this area is valid in only one region to prevent overhunting/overfishing of different regions--an animal uncommon in one region may be a pest in another.

As for your concealed carry license, different states have different rules on what can cause a concealed carry permit to be revoked--you need to know what these things are before you carry in their state.

How does this differ from marriage?

Being married, the act of actually living in a union with someone? That doesn't differ state by state and getting married does not include any education about how tax law, for example, differs in Texas vs Iowa.

And here's the kicker, a heterosexual union solemnized in one state or indeed in any country of the world (providing it was not a plural marriage) was recognized in all fifty states.

If your concealed carry license was not recognized in all fifty states, but a woman's concealed carry license was, this would be discrimination and you would not have equality before the law. If your professional license was not recognized in all fifty states, but it would be if you were a satanist, then you would be experiencing discrimination. If your hunting license was not recognized in all fifty states, but it would be if you hunted with your same-sex spouse, then this would be discrimination.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Dude??? Equality for a freaking gun and people are two totally different things. If a person can get medical and dental insurance on their freaking dog, why can they not have one for their significant other?