705 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Part 1)

When applying for a non-immigrant visa, we usually take a DS-160 confirmation page to the interview, for this -immigrant visa- interview do we need to take anything related to DS-260? In the P4 letter - Required Visa Interview Documents - section, it mentions VISA APPLICATION PART 1, VISA APPLICATION PART 2 with a document code "R" which means these were filed online. Anybody who went to the interview can you tell us, if we need to bring any DS-260 related stuff to the interview?

Part 2)

Also there is some confusion surrounding the police clearance certificate. There are two of these listed in the - Required Visa Interview Documents - section.

a) INDIA POLICE CERTIFICATE with a code "F" which means "The NVC did not request this form or document"

b) PASSPORT POLICE CERTIFICATE with a code "A" which means "Obtain the original or a certified copy of this document and present it at your interview"

------- Well, first off, I have no clue what the difference is between (a) & (b)...! I always assumed PCC means (b). My wife already has (b) taken sometime this year - so it is not more than a year old. So, can anyone give me an idea of what (a) is & do I need to obtain it - given the code is "F"????

Thank you very much...

Timeline

Part 1)

When applying for a non-immigrant visa, we usually take a DS-160 confirmation page to the interview, for this -immigrant visa- interview do we need to take anything related to DS-260? In the P4 letter - Required Visa Interview Documents - section, it mentions VISA APPLICATION PART 1, VISA APPLICATION PART 2 with a document code "R" which means these were filed online. Anybody who went to the interview can you tell us, if we need to bring any DS-260 related stuff to the interview?

Part 2)

Also there is some confusion surrounding the police clearance certificate. There are two of these listed in the - Required Visa Interview Documents - section.

a) INDIA POLICE CERTIFICATE with a code "F" which means "The NVC did not request this form or document"

b) PASSPORT POLICE CERTIFICATE with a code "A" which means "Obtain the original or a certified copy of this document and present it at your interview"

------- Well, first off, I have no clue what the difference is between (a) & (b)...! I always assumed PCC means (b). My wife already has (b) taken sometime this year - so it is not more than a year old. So, can anyone give me an idea of what (a) is & do I need to obtain it - given the code is "F"????

Thank you very much...

Man your question is more difficult than CAT exam question..jk. First of all you need only PCC from passport office(b) which your wife already has it so dont worry. You can bring ds260 confirmation page to biometrics appontment. Biometrics need to be schedule few days before interview. You need to sign up on http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-iv-visaapply.asp Edited by nilx25

11/27/2013 - Priority Date

04/01/2015 - I-130 Approved

04/21/2015 - NVC received Case

04/29/2015 - DS261 filled

05/02/2015 - Case under CSPA review

06/04/2015 - Supervisor review Initiated-Wait 42 days

Timeline

Man your question is more difficult than CAT exam question..jk. First of all you need only PCC from passport office(b) which your wife already has it so dont worry. You can bring ds260 confirmation page to biometrics appontment. Biometrics need to be schedule few days before interview. You need to sign up on http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-iv-visaapply.asp

Thank you!

Timeline

We said "yes" to question on DS-260 which asks if we would like to get SSN upon arrival. So, according the information on travel.state.gov we should receive her SSN in 3 to 4 weeks after admission into the USA.

My question is what about health insurance in the mean time? I have employer sponsored health insurance from "blue cross blue shield". Will my employer be able to add a dependent who does NOT have a SSN and later update it when she gets her SSN? I would like to be able to get health insurance for her ideally before we start her travel to US so that she will be covered from the moment she lands. She has minor ear problems which could be exacerbated during flight because of pressure changes so need to be prepared...!

I called blue cross blue shield and they just said to talk to my employer - which I am going to do. I am sure they have had no such experience before.... so, I am trying my luck here...

Thank you.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congrats guys...

Since we're guaranteed that the upcoming vb on Monday would move six weeks.... What do you guys think about September VB.... Remember the fiscal year anytime soon(October)

Timeline

http://blog.mygcvisa.com/2015/08/september-2015-visa-bulletin.html?m=1

Here is guy pd with 10 Jan 14 .. case completed 31july 2015 .. got IL by today .. good news that they sending il

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

http://blog.mygcvisa.com/2015/08/september-2015-visa-bulletin.html?m=1

Here is guy pd with 10 Jan 14 .. case completed 31july 2015 .. got IL by today .. good news that they sending il

Doesn't really matter cos VB is coming out in some hours time and it's likely to be six weeks movements Edited by franklinadamau

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Does anyone know if I need to register in www.ustraveldocs.com prior to the interview? My PD is Jan 21, 2014 and my interview is scheduled for Sep 2.

Does anyone know if I need to register in www.ustraveldocs.com prior to the interview? My PD is Jan 21, 2014 and my interview is scheduled for Sep 2.

Yes. You need to book barometric appoitment through that site before your interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.