705 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi i need your help guys. My husband sent the original AOS in NVC and i just have the photocopy. Is that ok? And the code for my financial evidence is Y. I hope you guys reply. Thank you! It means a lot to me.

Same with me too. My wife sent original copy of the AOS form

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@chereyes.. Yeah so did I...none the less, it should be ok. The NVC sent the originals to the embassy (code Y), so they should already have it. I sent NVC the originals and I didn't keep any copy. :rofl:

So now, I re-printed all my 864's and got them signed again which makes them like "originals" and photocopied those. So now I have "originals" and photocopies. I wont show the originals in hand, unless they ask for it.

I am worried about my checklist that I got for 864A. I don't know which copy they have. The 1st one or the one after the checklist.. I'll take both and see what they have or want.

Either way, I got all the "originals" signed again and photocopies. I hope they have no objections.

In your case, take the photocopies. The interview letter clearly says the NVC sent the originals to the embassy (code Y).

Also, there are additional embassy specific instructions. Check out your embassy's link. Maybe they might need other stuff. So prepare in advance.

All the best :)

Priority Date: Feb 19th 2014

April 6th,15 - Received Welcome Letter with AOS Invoice

April 9th,15 - Completed DS-261 and paid AOS fee

April 16th,15 - AOS fee showed paid, IV invoice still missing

May 12th,15 - AOS and IV package sent in 1 package

May 18th,15 - Package received by NVC

June 16th,15 - Received IV invoice ( I had to give them a call for it), apparently it got delayed because I chose the petioner as agent in DS-261, weird.

Still couldn't pay IV fee because online system was down

June 23rd,15 - Received Checklist

July 9th,15 - NVC received IV fee by mail, showed paid and got access to DS-260

July 11th,15 - Completed DS-260

July 23rd,15 - Sent checklist package

July 27th,15 - Checklist package received by NVC

August 12th.15 - Called NVC for an update. Agent said all documents received and under review, 25-30 days required.

August 17th,15 - Case Complete, but nothing received. Found out by calling them on August 24th.

August 28th,15 - Interview Letter received by e-mail, scheduled for September 22nd.

Sept 22nd, 15 - Visa Approved

Sept 23rd, 15 - Visa status shows Issued

Sept 25th, 15 - Visa in hand, category changed to CR1 from F2A, wife became citizen few days before interview

Dec --. 15 - POE

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

also.... if I were you.. do the same as me. Re-print your 864's and get them signed again. Make sure the dates match.

Take the photocopies and originals with you but don't show the originals, UNLESS they ask for it.

Priority Date: Feb 19th 2014

April 6th,15 - Received Welcome Letter with AOS Invoice

April 9th,15 - Completed DS-261 and paid AOS fee

April 16th,15 - AOS fee showed paid, IV invoice still missing

May 12th,15 - AOS and IV package sent in 1 package

May 18th,15 - Package received by NVC

June 16th,15 - Received IV invoice ( I had to give them a call for it), apparently it got delayed because I chose the petioner as agent in DS-261, weird.

Still couldn't pay IV fee because online system was down

June 23rd,15 - Received Checklist

July 9th,15 - NVC received IV fee by mail, showed paid and got access to DS-260

July 11th,15 - Completed DS-260

July 23rd,15 - Sent checklist package

July 27th,15 - Checklist package received by NVC

August 12th.15 - Called NVC for an update. Agent said all documents received and under review, 25-30 days required.

August 17th,15 - Case Complete, but nothing received. Found out by calling them on August 24th.

August 28th,15 - Interview Letter received by e-mail, scheduled for September 22nd.

Sept 22nd, 15 - Visa Approved

Sept 23rd, 15 - Visa status shows Issued

Sept 25th, 15 - Visa in hand, category changed to CR1 from F2A, wife became citizen few days before interview

Dec --. 15 - POE

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Wonderful experience.

Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

All the best for your successful career journey and happy family life with family ahead.

We arrived at the embassy like around 5:55a with a long line ahead of us.. But the line moves fast so like around 6:15 we are already inside. There are 5 steps total.. The first was verifying who u were 2nd was fingerprinting, 3rd was the pre-screening.. For me it was tough because the filipino interviewer that we had and most of them was really asking so many questions and were really scaning the papers. Good thing i was able to go with my husband during the interview cause if not then we'll have a big problem.. The i-864 that i submitted to NVC was a photocopy but my joint sponsors signature was original. So good thing i was there to sign it again. Gosh it would have been really delay the process. The pre-screening interviewer told my husband that he had to resched it again cause it needs to be my original signature she ddnt know that i was there. (I ddnt go near the window so that my husband would not be intimidated) lol.

Then by there she just asked me when did i arrived manila and until when will i stay?

When did we got married?

How old are we?

The name and age of my son.

Who was the joint sponsor.

That was it.

She told us to go proceed on the next step which was the oath taking. We had a 5k series on our number so the line for the oath taking was also for the interview.. We waited for like 10-15 minutes.then the window for the 4th stage which is the interview with the consul opened then we started to fall in line. It was really fast. I ddnt even remember that my husband does the oath taking. Lol. He was asked to do finger printing again.

First thing that he asked was how are we related? Who was the joint sponsor?does the joint sponsor and me lived together? What is his work? How are we related to the joint sponsor?

What is my work?

Am i currently employed?

Then he asked when did we got married?

How long have we been a couple?

Why did it take too long for me to file the petition?

Then after us he asked my son too.

His name and age.

And if he was excited to be with me and to see america.

Then he asked if we have photograph with us. I said yes then he said everything looks good. Ok you may go to the final step. He even forget to say your visa is approved congratulations! So by the time we were on the releasing/final stage i was still wondering if we were approved or not. Lol. And i even saw our folder was behind the refused sign. Then finally it was our turn then the lady gave us a piece of paper. It was an instruction to register the delivery address of our passport/visa. So i told myself. Ohh shoot! Yes! Hehe and then by 8:15am we're out of the building.

Rectified analysis :)

Hi Guys,

As you have seen new bulletin has been announced. but its very different,

A. APPLICATION FINAL ACTION DATES FOR

FAMILY-SPONSORED PREFERENCE CASES

New dates released, it seems NVC may move forward after these dates

B. DATES FOR FILING FAMILY-SPONSORED

VISA APPLICATIONS

With same old dates

its seems all applications seems to be processed first....

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

IL ISSUED for oct 19 islamabad pakistan thanks everyone and good luck

Congratz...so happy for u

12/23/13 : PRIORITY DATE

02/28/15 : DS-261

03/04/15 : AOS bill paid

06/30/15 : AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

07/02/15 : AOS and IV package received by NVC

07/02/15 : Scan Date

07/30/15 : Paid IV fee

07/31/15 : submitted DS-260

08/10/15 : checklist thru phone call (told by CSR but never receive checklist email) they request me to send my civil docs

08/24/15 : re-sent civil docs

08/26/15 : 2nd scan date (received email 08/29/15)

09/10/15 : called nvc..CSR told me i have no problem with my documents and just call back next week

09/15/15 : called morning not cc..called again at 6:15 pm already CASE COMPLETE

09/22/15 : received case complete e-mail

09/30/15 : called in the morning, my 1st and 2nd call no IL...called again at 12:30pm i got IL for NOV 10

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My visa was approved today! Thank you guys in VJ. This is a wonderful group to ask questions and ease some worries. All the agony of waiting has been ended. Thank you! Goodluck for the rest. All the best!

Timeline

My visa was approved today! Thank you guys in VJ. This is a wonderful group to ask questions and ease some worries. All the agony of waiting has been ended. Thank you! Goodluck for the rest. All the best!

Congrats... How did you sort out the original AOS issue

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

ALHAMDULILLAH got it interview letter yesterday .

Congrats asma plzzzzz pray 4 me. My PD March 23,2014 and no case complete yet... Waiting ?

ALHAMDULILLAH got it interview letter yesterday .

Congrats asma plzzzzz pray 4 me. My PD March 23,2014 and no case complete yet... Waiting ?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

my case was approved April ,2015 And all documents and visa fees other civil documents sending on june and 30 days after mail from Nvc my birthday certificate national languch is missing ...sending to nvc and recive to this certificate NVC 27,july ,2015.... so other 30 days wait time only one paper missing in .. I m very sad ? so is complete wait time is 65 days and no case complete yet.. ?.. Today my husband calling to Nvc and said her all documents is complete and no sending to supervisor maybe 1 week later review ....waiting.... Waiting ? PD march 23,2014

Edited by anny23

Timeline

my case was approved April ,2015 And all documents and visa fees other civil documents sending on june and 30 days after mail from Nvc my birthday certificate national languch is missing ...sending to nvc and recive to this certificate NVC 27,july ,2015.... so other 30 days wait time only one paper missing in .. I m very sad ? so is complete wait time is 65 days and no case complete yet.. ?.. Today my husband calling to Nvc and said her all documents is complete and no sending to supervisor maybe 1 week later review ....waiting.... Waiting ? PD march 23,2014

Just keep calling.... You'll get cc soon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.