SeanN

Delay in Delivery of Approved Visas

687 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes you are right, they said that its under review right now but what I don't understand is that all they needed was a signature on a document, that shouldn't take long for them to look at and approve?

It doesn't matter how quick or long it will take to review it, it's in a queue system.

Also, you are able to email Montreal via the Ottawa US Embassy site, they will respond usually within 2-3 business days.

June 16th: IR-1 Interview in Montreal. Approved

June 16th: Case Status as "Ready"

June 25th: Case Status as "Ready"

June 30th: Case Status as "Ready"

July 1st: Case Status as "Ready"

July 2nd: Case Status as "ISSUED"

July 8th: Waybill # received

July 9th: Visa pickup

July 9th: POE

Timeline

Ours still hasn't been updated since June 25th, saying ready...Anyone else at Montreal in the same boat?

June 22: CR-1 Interview at Montreal Consulate = Approved

July 6: E-mailed Consulate as status has been 'Ready" since Interview with same date

July 7: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 13: E-mailed, no update again

July 13: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 24: E-mailed again, no update

July 24: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 27: Date Updates by itself still "Ready"

July 28: Get Email from Montreal US Consulate requesting to go back and redo fingerprints

July 28: Drive halfway to Montreal

July 29: Get to Montreal

July 30 (8am): Redo fingerprints, consular officer apologizes for having us comeback for fingerprints, issues us the Visa on the spot

July 30 (3pm): VISA in HAND!

August 3: Florida move!

Timeline

Ours still hasn't been updated since June 25th, saying ready...Anyone else at Montreal in the same boat?

Yeah I'm in the same boat. So far I've only heard of 1 Canadian who's passport has been issued, that was the end of last week. Montreal is incredibly slow, goodness.

Timeline

They just posted this:

http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/english/news/technological-systems-issue.html

Still irritated that they say they only cleared the backlog for "non-immigrant" visas and nothing at all said about immigrant. It's so hard not to be frustrated with them. If they were through the backlog of immigrant visas I am sure mine would have been issued already.

Ugh!!

Timeline

They just posted this:

http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/english/news/technological-systems-issue.html

Still irritated that they say they only cleared the backlog for "non-immigrant" visas and nothing at all said about immigrant. It's so hard not to be frustrated with them. If they were through the backlog of immigrant visas I am sure mine would have been issued already.

Ugh!!

Yeah I'm not quite sure I understad the reasoning behind prioritizing non-immigrant visas. To me it seems a bit backwards. I was reading an article about how some farm organization in Washington was going to lose a ton of money and the cherry crop because they couldn't get their immigrant workers their temporary work visas (at $1500 a pop spent per visa). As a US citizen, it bothers me that we aren't just paying that wage to an actual citizen looking for work instead of bringing in all these people to work temporarily for crop season. Anyway, I guess that's a whole other conversation we could be having lol...

Meanwhile all of us who are trying to start our lives over back in the US have to take a backseat, even though we will be in the country permanently...It is rather frustrating, we knew we would be approved at our interview, which we were, and planned with a lot of time in between the interview and our planned move date and it just seems like what we thought was going to be enough of a gap isn't going to be enough lol...

June 22: CR-1 Interview at Montreal Consulate = Approved

July 6: E-mailed Consulate as status has been 'Ready" since Interview with same date

July 7: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 13: E-mailed, no update again

July 13: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 24: E-mailed again, no update

July 24: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 27: Date Updates by itself still "Ready"

July 28: Get Email from Montreal US Consulate requesting to go back and redo fingerprints

July 28: Drive halfway to Montreal

July 29: Get to Montreal

July 30 (8am): Redo fingerprints, consular officer apologizes for having us comeback for fingerprints, issues us the Visa on the spot

July 30 (3pm): VISA in HAND!

August 3: Florida move!

Timeline

I am in the same boat like you .... My status was updated on 26 june

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Me and you are on the same boat, Montreal interview June 9th and status changes to ready on June 25th

Timeline

They just posted this:

Ugh!!

I totally agree with you there .... Everything seems to be about non immigrant visas .....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Did you guys saw the last statement?

We are still experiencing problems with some online immigrant visa application forms. We hope to have a fix in place for this by early next week.

#######!

Timeline

Did you guys saw the last statement?

We are still experiencing problems with some online immigrant visa application forms. We hope to have a fix in place for this by early next week.

#######!

I interpreted that as just with the application forms, ie the DS-260, for those who are still trying to apply. That system I believe is slightly different than that one which prints the visas.

Especially since there are people that are getting their immigrant visas, I've seen quite a few from England and the Philippines to name a few in the past couple of days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm a bit annoyed.

While the delays were happening, my I-129F expired as previously posted.

My fiancee wrote an extension request letter which I then sent to the Consulate here in Sydney. After telling me before this that we were approved for issuance, they've now responded and said the letter has been printed, attached to my file and is now to be assessed AGAIN by a CO for adjudication. So it's back in the STACK of backlogged visas yet again.

So frustrating.

Filed I-129F: 3 November 2014 (CSC)

NOA 1: 20 November 2014

NOA 2: 2 February 2015

Consulate Notification: 8 April 2015

Consular Interview: 19 May 2015
Medical: 20 May 2015
Administrative Processing: 20 May - ???

GLOBAL VISA SHUTDOWN: 9 June 2015
Advised approved for issuance: 24 June 2015
Requested re-validated I-129F (expired during shutdown): 24 June 2015
Advised I-129F revalidation received: 30 June 2015
Administrative Processing: 30 June 2015

Visa Issued: 13 JULY 2015
USA POE: 24 OCT 2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My status has been "Ready" since June 17. Today I finally see a small change... I have a K2 visa also and when I clicked on the K2 on the "Ready" screen, the status date for the K2 changed to June 30. Maybe our file is finally hitting active status.. I hope so.

I'm sorry to hear tayurshu. The good news is that maybe they are still working overtime to clear out the backlog so maybe it will get processed even sooner than if there wasn't a backlog? Keep thinking positive and this will all be over for us soon :)

Service Center: California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate: Manila, Philippines
I-129F Sent: 12/15/14
I-129F NOA1 Text/Email: 12/22/14
I-129F NOA1 Hard Copy: 12/27/14
I-129F NOA2 Text/Email: 01/09/15
I-129F NOA2 Hard Copy: 01/15/15
NVC Case Number Assigned: 01/23/15
Left NVC: 01/30/15

Case Arrived at Embassy: 02/02/15
!!!Waiting for primary government IDs!!!
Interview Date: 04/22/15

!!!Approved?? K1/K2 DNA Test Requested!!!

DNA Results arrive at Embassy: 05/18/15

Passport requested to be sent 2Go to Embassy: 05/29/15

Issued!: 07/01/15 (CEAC didn't update until Jul 3)

Need a primary government ID in the Philippines? Look here -> New International Postal ID Available

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.