29 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

mmmm, I would look into getting the test done by your own doctor, if possible

I went to my doctor and the titre test didn't cost me anything

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Timeline

save the money and have the titre done at your regular doctor's office. Its covered by your provicial health plan.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Can you ask the doctor for a copy of the titre test to take to immigration doctor for proof?

Leafgal

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Can you ask the doctor for a copy of the titre test to take to immigration doctor for proof?

Leafgal

Yes, that's the whole point of having it done; to take the paperwork to the immigration doctor. :)

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Is there a difference in med requirements for a K3 visa and an IR?? I did my meds for a K3 (it came thru first) and assumed it was the same for the IR .... I don't remember being asked anything about chickenpox/varicella or needing provide proof of having had it. Help???

Timeline

Thanks Reba. I called up Medisys where I did my meds. She said I completed a personal medical history form which asks the question have you ever had chicken pox. That verbal declaration suffices! Pheww!! My interview is on Thursday and I am so nervous!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hey

if I only knew what to get ahead of time.........

I had the medical on Monday, and they told me that I'm missing german measles(had them done yesterday) and they did a blood work just to see if I had chicken pox - no one in my family or me can remember.... I know that u need tetnus as well as for others I'm good, hope that helps u prepare... If I only knew it ahead of time - now I gotta wait for the panel physician to xpress me the mail AFTER I fax them the shots done/approved by my family doc...

good luck

Elunia28 :luv:

Timeline

Seeing as I am a old boomer ,looks like I will not

need too many shots.

just curious about the flu shot for over 50,s

states nov 2003 and nothing re verbal.

my last flu shot at work was oct 04

but it seems theres no paper trail for that

do they accept an 0ld codgers word ! ???

seems I should get the tetanus booster from my gp.

rather than pay the panel doctor

laters red d

Timeline

the list on the website is much shorter than the list someone posted about what the consulate packet said....

I had tetnus, but have no written proof. I hope that is one they take on word.

Went to my doc for titres a month ago, and she requested rubella, chickenpox, syphellus (apprently you need the test to marry in the US??) and all that came back was rubella - nothing else tested! So now I have to go back. I will bring all the lists with me this time, try to get it done once and for all. Way in advance because I am #######. :)

04/13/06 - I-129F mailed

04/18/06 - NOA1

08/30/06 - NOA2

09/26/06 - received at NVC

09/27/06 - forwarded to consulate

20/11/06 - visa in my pocket!

14/01/07 - POE

13/04/07 - marriage

27/04/07 docs sent in for AOS, EAD, AP

26/06/07 - biometrics appointment

02/17/07 - AP and EAD arrive

03/03/08 - Infopass - where the heck is my AOS interview?? No one knows!

Timeline
the list on the website is much shorter than the list someone posted about what the consulate packet said....

I had tetnus, but have no written proof. I hope that is one they take on word.

Went to my doc for titres a month ago, and she requested rubella, chickenpox, syphellus (apprently you need the test to marry in the US??) and all that came back was rubella - nothing else tested! So now I have to go back. I will bring all the lists with me this time, try to get it done once and for all. Way in advance because I am #######. :)

They won't take you on your word for tetanus. You need written proof.

There is no point in getting your doctor to do the syphillis or hiv tests ahead of time because it is the panel physician who must do these tests. The vaccinations however you can get done ahead of time and take proof. If your rubella antibodies are low you will have to get an MMR (mumps measles rubella) booster. Your doctor can do that. Should be free in Canada don't go to a travel clinic they will charge you.

Good luck! And feel free to ask more questions, I just wrapped up my medical and all the associated medical requirements in Vancouver today.

11/30/05 Mailed K1 application

12/09/05 Check Cashed (Deposit Date on Check)

12/19/05 NOA1 physically Recieved

12/15/05 NOA1 (Postmark Date)

12/05/05 NOA1 Official Recieved Date (Printed on NOA1)

12/14/05 NOA1 Official Notice Date (Printed on NOA1)

Waiting Begins for NOA2

03/09/06 NOA2physically Received

03/07/06 NOA2 (Postmark Date)

03/06/06 NOA2 Official Date (Printed on NOA2)

Never touched just Approved (Aprox 85-90 days depending on which days you count from)

3/20/06 NVC.... Received Processing

3/21/06 NVC Mailed to B.C. Consulate

3/24/06 I emailed consulate asking where is packet 3?

4/03/06 Consulate responded to my email saying packet 3 was mailed 3/23/06 and consulate attached packet 3 so I faxed DS230 and requested interview date asap

4/5/06 Medical (booked two weeks previous)

4/6/06 Consulate phoned to say received fax and booked interview

5/5/06 Interview in Vancouver - Approved!

5/9/06 Drove to Seattle then flew to Tampa - Yay welcome back 'home'

mid July - got married

early August - sent AOS/EAD applications

08/14/06 NOA for AOS/EAD

08/22/06 RFE - sent more financial info (most they already had, but we resent anyway)

09/09/06 - Biometrics

09/11/06 -NOA - transferred to California Service Center

10/16/06 - Approved without interview!!!!! Yay, what a birthday present! (but still no EAD!)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
They won't take you on your word for tetanus. You need written proof.

There is no point in getting your doctor to do the syphillis or hiv tests ahead of time because it is the panel physician who must do these tests. The vaccinations however you can get done ahead of time and take proof. If your rubella antibodies are low you will have to get an MMR (mumps measles rubella) booster. Your doctor can do that. Should be free in Canada don't go to a travel clinic they will charge you.

Good luck! And feel free to ask more questions, I just wrapped up my medical and all the associated medical requirements in Vancouver today.

I took the full list to my doctor, along with the immunization records I was able to find. We determined to do a titre on the rubella, I think it was, and an update immunization on another one. She gave me official copies of what she had done, so between that and my immunization card, the Doctor was able to fill out my immunization worksheet, no problem.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.