a&o

2006 copy of tax return required?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
I would be interested to know if anyone has actually gotten an RFE that specifically asks for 2006 tax return .. from what i understand they ask for the most recent .. and untill april 14 th ( or you have filed 2006 ) 2005 in the most recent .. people are getting these same RFE's even when they have already submitted the info being asked for .. is this why people are assuming they are asking for 2006

It makes no sense for a government agency to REQUIRE a document that the government itself does not yet require.

Those RFE's are for missing attachments and the like. Not a tax return with a future date.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeah, but the thing is, we didn't leave out any requirements the first time around. So since I've already filed my taxes (and gotten my refund, yay!), I just included a copy of that as well when I resubmitted the Affidavit of Support along with the rest of the fun stuff (again).

I've always submitted my returns in Jan/Feb so it was just a convenience for me that I could cover all bases.

Edited by billyboy02

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
I would be interested to know if anyone has actually gotten an RFE that specifically asks for 2006 tax return .. from what i understand they ask for the most recent .. and untill april 14 th ( or you have filed 2006 ) 2005 in the most recent .. people are getting these same RFE's even when they have already submitted the info being asked for .. is this why people are assuming they are asking for 2006

It makes no sense for a government agency to REQUIRE a document that the government itself does not yet require.

Those RFE's are for missing attachments and the like. Not a tax return with a future date.

Unfortunately, sense often does not come into play. I was RFEd for not filling out section seven of the form when their instructions clearly indicate that it is not required.

I believe it is just a statistical paperwork game. You and I would probably do the same in their shoes.

t

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This is exactly why i posted what i did .. people are assuming that they are getting RFE's for 2006 information when in fact the RFE's are asking for the "most recent tax year" It's clear that this is a fairly common RFE .. a lot of the time for attachments that were not "missing" and in fact were included in the petitions .. hence people are assuming since they already sent the 2005 stuff USCIS wants 2006 stuff .. but in reality the most recent tax year is 2005 and USCIS just makes no sense @ all ...

~My AOS (K1)

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 05/07 Transfered to CSC

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Mar 30/07 Welcome notice sent

April 10/07 Card production ordered

April 13/07 Approval notice sent

April 16/07 Green card in hand

~My Sons AOS (K2) Age 11

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 05/07 Transfered to CSC

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Mar 30/07 Welcome notice sent

April 10/07 Card production ordered

April 13/07 Approval notice sent

April 16/07 Green card in hand

~My Daughters AOS (K2) Age 9

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 07/07 RFE Snail mail

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Feb 14/07 sent back RFE ~ Feb 21/07 email resp. RFE

Feb 29/07 Transfered to CSC !!

April 03/07 Card production ordered

April 04/07 Welcome notice sent

April 07/07 Welcome notice & Green card arrived

Filed: Other Timeline

This is exactly why i posted what i did .. people are assuming that they are getting RFE's for 2006 information when in fact the RFE's are asking for the "most recent tax year" It's clear that this is a fairly common RFE .. a lot of the time for attachments that were not "missing" and in fact were included in the petitions .. hence people are assuming since they already sent the 2005 stuff USCIS wants 2006 stuff .. but in reality the most recent tax year is 2005 and USCIS just makes no sense @ all ...

Am in agreement with your opinion Robin, in case it seemed like I wasn't.

I do agree there is no logic or sense to some of the RFE's for financials I read about. I wonder what happens in Missouri. Do those opening them not know what they are looking for? Do the financial packages get separated from the I-485 itself? Do the financial packages 'fall apart'? Hard to say.

I would recommend cover letters on all petitions sent to USCIS. I've read they throw them out, but if a cover letter alludes to the contents of the entire packet maybe the person processing it will take an extra moment to check the contents.

When we filed, we sent the I-485, I-864, I-131, and I-765, in that order, in one parcel. Each were fastened separately at the top with the fabled ACCO fastener. All four petitions were then held together at the top with a clamp. I have no idea if this helped or not, but we didn't receive an RFE.

I was also careful to mount smaller paper sizes to full-size sheets. My W2's and attachments were taped to copier paper and inserted directly behind my 1040, before the employer letter and paystubs. This way I was confident they would not come loose from the tax return itself.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.