a&o

2006 copy of tax return required?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

blahduh asked this on the pinned I-184 thread and I have the same question:

I have a quick question, if the sponsor signed the form I-864 before 4/15/2007, then only the 2005 Federal income tax return is required? The sponsor don't have to wait for the 2006 Federal income tax return right?

Thanks!

--------------------------

Becoming a U.S. Citizen

2/15/10 Sent N-400 packet via Fedex to Lewisville TX

2/19/10 Received text message and email notification of application received, check cashed

2/27/10 Received biometrics appointment letter

3/19/10 Biometrics appointment

3/25/10 Received email notice that case will be sent for interview scheduling at local office

3/26/10 Received yellow letter asking to being more tax records/info to interview

3/27/10 Received interview letter (dated 3/24/10)

4/28/10 Interview appointment

6/5/10 Received oath letter (dated 6/1/10)

6/29/10 Oath ceremony date

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, the way I see it: IF you have your 2006 tax returns then those would be the current ones. If not, then your 2005 would be the most current ones. Make sense?

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Yes, makes sense to me, but so many things about this process have proved to go against what makes sense to me... :wacko: wanted to check and see if anyone has dealt with this.

--------------------------

Becoming a U.S. Citizen

2/15/10 Sent N-400 packet via Fedex to Lewisville TX

2/19/10 Received text message and email notification of application received, check cashed

2/27/10 Received biometrics appointment letter

3/19/10 Biometrics appointment

3/25/10 Received email notice that case will be sent for interview scheduling at local office

3/26/10 Received yellow letter asking to being more tax records/info to interview

3/27/10 Received interview letter (dated 3/24/10)

4/28/10 Interview appointment

6/5/10 Received oath letter (dated 6/1/10)

6/29/10 Oath ceremony date

We have an interview for my wife's son on March 14th. I'm planning on bringing a copy of my tax return for 2006 although it won't be final. I will let them know that it's ready to file but depending upon money, the contribution to retirement might change. But the income numbers won't change and that's the most important thing.

I figure why now be prepared to show I can still support him and my wife.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We filed AOS around this time last year. I had only included the 2004 tax return with the I-864 since I hadn't yet filed 2005 taxes. We got an RFE for the I-864. I quickly filed 2005 taxes and sent in that return for the RFE, and we got an approval. Now, a lot of people get RFEs for the I-864 for seemingly no reason. So I can't be sure that ours was due to not sending 2005 taxes, but if I had to do it over again, I would send 2006 taxes just to be on the safe side.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Then I guess if one is applying for AOS right now, it might be best to get 2006 returns filed before filing?

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Then I guess if one is applying for AOS right now, it might be best to get 2006 returns filed before filing?

We did, the W2 arrived 4 days after my I-94 expired but we figured it might save us an RFE down the road. Especially as this W2 corresponds with his pay stubs , current employer and tax return. That seems to be where problems arise.?

April 14 - sent I-129F to Vermont

April 25 - NOA1

May, June, July lost to IMBRA and RFE's

Aug 22 - NOA2

Sept 25 - interview date OCTOBER 13th

Oct 26 - arrived at JFK - work authorized

Nov 21 - apply SSN, received Nov 29

Dec 16 - marriage license

Jan 05 - wedding

Jan 30 - AOS begins

AOS

Feb 07 - NOA1 ,check cashed

Feb 28 - notice I-485 sent to CSC

Mar 10 - Biometrics

Apr 16 - surprise RFE arrives..they lost my medical. New medical returned, Apr 23

Jun 1st - RFE ..more medical BS ( go back for TB skin test)

Jun 28 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

July 06- Green card arrives.

LIFTING CONDITIONS 2009

June 12 - mailed package

June 15 - check cashed

June 19 - NOA extension letter ( card expires June 26th)

July 03 - Biometrics notice

July 14 - Biometrics appointment

OCT 29 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you haven't filed your 2006 return yet then you would just need to include returns or transcripts for 2003-2005. Unless you're extremely lucky you will have your 2006 return by the time of the interview so take a copy of that with you because they probably will ask for it. If you're as unlucky as we were you will also have to bring your 2007 return with you after you file it next year (ours took two years).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi guys,

we filed our AOS/EAD on 01/25 and still got an RFE for my 2006 tax return. Thank God for TurboTax.

I filed about the same time in 2005 and brought mine to the interview so maybe this is good news for you. Maybe it means you aren't going to have an interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I would be interested to know if anyone has actually gotten an RFE that specifically asks for 2006 tax return .. from what i understand they ask for the most recent .. and untill april 14 th ( or you have filed 2006 ) 2005 in the most recent .. people are getting these same RFE's even when they have already submitted the info being asked for .. is this why people are assuming they are asking for 2006

~My AOS (K1)

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 05/07 Transfered to CSC

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Mar 30/07 Welcome notice sent

April 10/07 Card production ordered

April 13/07 Approval notice sent

April 16/07 Green card in hand

~My Sons AOS (K2) Age 11

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

~My Daughters AOS (K2) Age 9

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 07/07 RFE Snail mail

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Feb 14/07 sent back RFE ~ Feb 21/07 email resp. RFE

Feb 29/07 Transfered to CSC !!

April 03/07 Card production ordered

April 04/07 Welcome notice sent

April 07/07 Welcome notice & Green card arrived

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

To muddy the waters further, people are often asked to submit information that was included in the original submission. I was one of those people. I simple resubmitted what they ask me for that I "failed to include" in the original submission.

Personally, I think it is just a paperwork game that they are playing in order to make some statistic or another "look acceptable".

What can you do. They get to make and enforce the rules.

t

I would be interested to know if anyone has actually gotten an RFE that specifically asks for 2006 tax return .. from what i understand they ask for the most recent .. and untill april 14 th ( or you have filed 2006 ) 2005 in the most recent .. people are getting these same RFE's even when they have already submitted the info being asked for .. is this why people are assuming they are asking for 2006

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
To muddy the waters further, people are often asked to submit information that was included in the original submission. I was one of those people. I simple resubmitted what they ask me for that I "failed to include" in the original submission.

Personally, I think it is just a paperwork game that they are playing in order to make some statistic or another "look acceptable".

t

We also got an RFE for my daughters I-864 for things we " failed to include " we resent what we sent the first time as well as a few other things .. It is all a paper pushing game of statistics i agree .. as we sent the same petition for my son and myself and only my daughter got an RFE .. We sent 2006 W2 / 1099 as well and a note saying that 2006 taxes havn't been filed yet .. just in case .. but the RFE didn't ask specifically for 2006

~My AOS (K1)

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

~My Sons AOS (K2) Age 11

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

~My Daughters AOS (K2) Age 9

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 07/07 RFE Snail mail

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Feb 14/07 sent back RFE ~ Feb 21/07 email resp. RFE

Feb 29/07 Transfered to CSC !!

April 03/07 Card production ordered

April 04/07 Welcome notice sent

April 07/07 Welcome notice & Green card arrived

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

t

We also got an RFE for my daughters I-864 for things we " failed to include " we resent what we sent the first time as well as a few other things .. It is all a paper pushing game of statistics i agree .. as we sent the same petition for my son and myself and only my daughter got an RFE .. We sent 2006 W2 / 1099 as well and a note saying that 2006 taxes havn't been filed yet .. just in case .. but the RFE didn't ask specifically for 2006

And then they get to move it to a stack that cannot be processed due to circumstances "beyound their control". After all, they can't be responsible for the inability to process because the applicant can't follow simple directions now can they?

t

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.