977 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

According to my attorney they don't use an IID (invoice ID) anymore. I think what it was is the "bill they used to send for the $265 payment before you could pay online

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was trying to log in to the ceac website and its asking me for an nvc invoice Id. I wanted to print out my Ds-160 confirmation page because I need it for my interview .. I also tried retrieving it but the only page that I keep on getting is the personal copy that has a print that says "do not bring to interview" :(

I was trying to log in to the ceac website and its asking me for an nvc invoice Id. I wanted to print out my Ds-160 confirmation page because I need it for my interview .. I also tried retrieving it but the only page that I keep on getting is the personal copy that has a print that says "do not bring to interview" :(

Have searched the FAQ from here for your answer: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/forms/ds-160--online-nonimmigrant-visa-application/frequently-asked-questions.html

Did you not save a copy to your computer?

This is where you go to reprint after submittal of your DS-160: https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Have searched the FAQ from here for your answer: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/forms/ds-160--online-nonimmigrant-visa-application/frequently-asked-questions.html

Did you not save a copy to your computer?

This is where you go to reprint after submittal of your DS-160: https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

Thank you greenbaum! Actually I have tried that link and it only directs me in to printing my personal copy. I have no idea where to get the other copy. When I filled in my Ds-160 , I was not able to print the confirmation because it skipped the page :-/

Thank you greenbaum! Actually I have tried that link and it only directs me in to printing my personal copy. I have no idea where to get the other copy. When I filled in my Ds-160 , I was not able to print the confirmation because it skipped the page :-/

When I called NVC and received my case number in August. When I was about to hang up, the person said "Wait a minute. I need to give you the invoice number.". I was not expecting to get that. So guess you can call NVC back and ask for the invoice number if you really need it.

Try this

I submitted my online DS-160 application, but lost my confirmation page. Can I print a new one?

Yes, you can reprint the confirmation page of an application that has already been submitted. In order to do so, go into the Consular Electronic Application Center website and select the Embassy or Consulate at which you are applying. Hit Option C-Retrieve Application on the Getting Started page and enter your application ID number. From there you will be able to view and print your confirmation page.

If that fails start a new DS-160 and take it to your interview. Your not the first have a problem. Explain if asked.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

I just received the RFE and it says the following. Waiver for Multiple Fiancé Filings.

You must apply for a filing limitations waiver if either of the following is true:

A. You have previously filed Form I129F petitions for two or more beneficiaries at any time in the past; or
B. You have previously had a K1 fiance petition approved and less than 2 years have passed since filing date of such previously approved petition.

MULTIPLE FILER, NO DISQUALIFYING CONVICTIONS (GENERAL WAIVER)

USCIS records show that you have filed multiple I129f petitions: WAC15900******* approved January 8, 2015, and WAC15904****** filed on June 17,2015. As such you must attach a signed and dated request for the waiver, explaining why a waiver is appropriate in your case, together with any evidence in support of the request.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So basically the first time I filed for a i129f petition it got approved by USCIS but later denied because not meeting in the past 2 years. So in May I went to Armenia got engaged with my fiance to meet the requirement and then came back and filed for the I129F once again. So please help me understand what I should write for the waiver. Thank you very much in advance guys. God bless

(image removed due to full case number shown- Lead Mod)

Edited by Penguin_ie

I just received the RFE and it says the following. Waiver for Multiple Fiancé Filings.

You must apply for a filing limitations waiver if either of the following is true:

A. You have previously filed Form I129F petitions for two or more beneficiaries at any time in the past; or

B. You have previously had a K1 fiance petition approved and less than 2 years have passed since filing date of such previously approved petition.

MULTIPLE FILER, NO DISQUALIFYING CONVICTIONS (GENERAL WAIVER)

USCIS records show that you have filed multiple I129f petitions: WAC15900******* approved January 8, 2015, and WAC15904****** filed on June 17,2015. As such you must attach a signed and dated request for the waiver, explaining why a waiver is appropriate in your case, together with any evidence in support of the request.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So basically the first time I filed for a i129f petition it got approved by USCIS but later denied because not meeting in the past 2 years. So in May I went to Armenia got engaged with my fiance to meet the requirement and then came back and filed for the I129F once again. So please help me understand what I should write for the waiver. Thank you very much in advance guys. God bless

(image removed due to full case number shown- Lead Mod)

Just what you said to us but with a little more detail and reference the WAC case numbers. Do it chronologically, explaining in detail with any supporting evidence. This is going to be very important step so take your time and lay it out the best you can.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Is the petitioner supposed to send the original of the birth certificate to the fiancé for the interview or would a copy just be fine?

A copy should be fine!

Is the petitioner supposed to send the original of the birth certificate to the fiancé for the interview or would a copy just be fine?

When you do your initial I-129F package copies of all documents are suitable. USCIS request that you have originals at your interview.

The applicant is responsible to bring all required original civil documents, and photocopies of the original civil documents, to the visa interview. Failure to bring all required original documents and the photocopies to the interview may cause delay or denial of the visa.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare/interview-preparation-required-documents.html

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Hi, this question is specific to Philippines K-1 application. I am not sure how to create new question in that area.

The question is do I, I am the petitioner, need to prepare proof of singleness for my fiancee's CFO seminar? The following URL suggests I can use 1040 form instead.

http://www.mrspresson.com/immigration/k1-fiancee-visa-process/cfo-seminar-philippines/

However, my 2014 1040 form is stored on my old and already broken laptop. Request a transcript of the form from IRS takes up to two weeks.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi, this question is specific to Philippines K-1 application. I am not sure how to create new question in that area.

The question is do I, I am the petitioner, need to prepare proof of singleness for my fiancee's CFO seminar? The following URL suggests I can use 1040 form instead.

http://www.mrspresson.com/immigration/k1-fiancee-visa-process/cfo-seminar-philippines/

However, my 2014 1040 form is stored on my old and already broken laptop. Request a transcript of the form from IRS takes up to two weeks.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

CFO is very particular about their required documents. At times more so then USEM.

The only document that I am aware of that they will except, that proves singleness, is your IRS 1040. As I see it, you either get on line today and request your most recent transcript from the IRS or take you laptop to a computer repair facility and ask them to get that document off the hard drive (that is if the HD can still be accessed) onto a thumb drive and you print it out and email it as a pdf for her to print off.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

CFO is very particular about their required docu

ments. At times more so then USEM.

The only document that I am aware of that they will except, that proves singleness, is your IRS 1040. As I see it, you either get on line today and request your most recent transcript from the IRS or take you laptop to a computer repair facility and ask them to get that document off the hard drive (that is if the HD can still be accessed) onto a thumb drive and you print it out and email it as a pdf for her to print off.

Took your advise and went to Best Buy with my broken old laptop. Geek SWAT removed the hard drive and installed it to USB laptop disk drive enclosure, basically a case holding the drive which costs me $29.99 without additional charges, and I went home plugged into my new laptop, retrieved and sent the 1040 form out.

Problem solved!!! Life is good to me!

Thanks Greenbaum!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.