977 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Okay, after some deliberation we have made a decision.... We decided to keep the interview date as he has already submitted his fingerprints and such for his police check (just waiting for them to be returned). The lady at the embassy said he should be fine without his medical, which we knew already but we are playing it safe and at least getting him scheduled in. We expected to have another month before having to schedule his medical as they like to do it two weeks prior to the interview. Well today is two weeks prior so I don't see how that is possible lol! So anyway, the interview is definitely the 15th and with a little bit of luck, we can get approved pending medical records.

This journey isn't easy...we went over many hurdles along the way... We are together now, 4 years going strong... It's never impossible, it is a matter of having the strength and love to conquer all things along the way! 

(K-1 Process)(I 601 Waiver Process)(AOS, EAD & AP)

June 13th 2015- Filed 1-129f

June 19th 2015- NOA1 Received!

July 21st 2015- NOA2 Received!

August 10th 2015- NVC Received!

August 17th 2015- Case # Received over phone!

August 21st 2015- Embassy in Sydney Received!

August 27th 2015- Packet 3 Received!

August 29th 2015- Police Fingerprinting Done!

September 1st 2015- Packet 4 Received!

September 15th 2015- Interview in Sydney!

September 18th 2015- Medical in Brisbane!

September 23rd 2015- Letter from Medical Received!

October 17th 2015- CEAC changed to refused 

October 17th - November 10th 2015- emails and phone calls placed to embassy to inquire on our case

November 12th 2015- Email from embassy confirming refusal with news that we qualify for a waiver!

November 18th 2015- Received package from embassy on our denial and waiver information

March 7th 2016- I-601 Waiver overnighted to lockbox

March 8th 2016- I-601 Waiver delivered to lockbox and received (According to Website)

March 12th 2016- I-601 Waiver received (Text and email message verifying)

November 2016- Sent inquiry on I-601 (Was told it was still in line, contact in 60 days if no decision made)

January 31st 2017- Called NCSC to talk to tier 2 officer. Was informed it was with an officer and a decision should be made in 15 days

February 9th 2017- USCIS updated our case to approved! (February 8th was the date listed) 

February 12th 2017- Received updated instructions

February 13th 2017- Received official approval letter in the mail/ Booked medical in Brisbane. 

February 20th 2017- Medical in Brisbane

February 27th 2017- Picked up Medical Packet

February 28th 2017- Second interview and immediate approval! 

March 6th, 2017- K-1 Visa Issued

March 16th 2017- He arrives home : POE LAX 

May 27th 2017- We are finally married! 

June 13th 2017- AOS, EAD and AP go out in the mail

June 19th 2017- NOA 1 for AOS, EAD and AP 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Okay for those who have not had their medical yet I will tell you how it went, step by step.
1)The day I got my packet 3 I called the belgian embassy doctor. He told me to come by the next day with 4 pictures, my travel passport, my normal passport, proof of vaccination, and if I had insurance, documents he could fill out for my insurance.

2) The next day, which was last Thursday, I went there, waited for about an hour and a half then got in. He was very calm and friendly, said he wanted to retire and move to the US himself. He checked my vaccination proof I brought with me, there were a few that I hadn`t got because my country doesn`t require them. I was too old to get them so he wrote on a document that they`re not required for my age. The only one I had to get was a new tetanus shot. He prescribed me one, I had to bring it back with me next time I came.

3)He drew some blood, which he later told me was a syphilis test. They used to also test for HIV but Obama changed that. Now you just gotta make sure you don`t have syphilis smile emoticon Obviously, that came back negative.

4) He wrote an appointment letter for a radiology center where I could get my x-rays taken. He told me to call asap because he sees 5-10 K-1 or other immigrant visa applicants each day so waiting times are crazy sometimes. I called the next morning, Friday 28th, and was already scheduled for Monday 31st, 11.15 am! When I got there they took my appointment letter, guided me to a dressing room. I had to take all clothing off my upper body, bra included, then enter through the other door (i peeked first to make sure it was only a lady in there :D) she made me stand with my chest against a white wall for pictures, arms spread. Then I had to turn 90 degrees and put my arms in the air and breathe in as deep as I could. I was guided back to the waiting room after that. I paid 40euros then got a letter where I can see the results online myself.

5) After that I went back for my final appointment with the embassy doctor. He gave me my tetanus shot, which I didn`t even feel (and I`m terrified of needles) and told me to call him back on Thursday for my x-ray results. He did however already gave me all my documents that I am approved. I got 4 forms with me that he filled out, not in an envelope, so I can just read them all, he says they don`t put them in sealed envelopes in Belgium anymore. I have to present those documents along with the medical questionnaire I got in packet 3, at the embassy on my interview day.

6) He told me I should call the embassy and tell them that I am ready for my interview, since I did not yet get an interview date. I only sent them back package 3 on Thursday (got it on Wednesday) so I`ll call them today or tomorrow to see what they say.

event.png
United_States.gif:wub:Our Journey :wub:Belgium.gif

K1
Sent I-129F: June 9th, 2015
Received at Texas Lockbox: June 11th. Sent to CSC!
NOA1: (NOA1 date June 15th 2015) Hardcopy arrived June 20th 2015
NOA2: July 23rd! Hardcopy arrived July 27th 2015
Left NVC in transit to Brussels Embassy: August 17th 2015
Received at Brussels Embassy: August 21st, 2015
Package 3 sent: August 25th, 2015
Package 3 reveived: August 26th, 2015
Checklist sent back: August 27th, 2015
Medical Appointment in Antwerp: August 27th, 2015 and August 31st, 2015
Received Package 4: September 11th, 2015
Interview: September 17th, 2015 : APPROVED!!!
POE: October 25th, 3.55pm 2015 at Washington Dulles Airport.
Wedding Courthouse: November 24th, 2015. (L)
Wedding ceremony and reception for friends and family US: April 2nd 2016 (L)
Wedding ceremony and reception for friends and family Belgium: October 8th 2016 (L)

AoS

Filed for AoS: June 17th 2016

Package arrived: June 20th 2016 8.05 AM

Check Cashed: June 25th 2016

Texts and e-mails NOA1: June 28th, 10.30 PM

Hardcopy NOA1`s: July 2nd

Biometrics letter: July 8th.

Biometrics appointment: July 20th, 11 AM, Charlotte, NC

Early walk-in Biometrics: July 14th!

Approved: 2016/10/28 (no interview)

Greencard received: November 5th 2016. (Wrong country of birth: USA)

RoC

Filed: 10/22/2018

Package arrived: 10/23 2:40PM

Package picked up: 10/24/2018 3:54AM.

NOA1: 10/26/2018

Text and e-mail: 10/29/2018

Check cashed: 10/30/2018

This is what I found:

Basically the consular office can extend the approval if visa has not been issued within the 4 month period. I will call USCIS tomorrow because mine expires in November and my interview date is December so just to make sure call them =)

The responsibility of extending the visa application is with the Embassy that will adjudicate your visa. USCIS has nothing to do with that date now that your file is in the hands of your Embassy.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Okay for those who have not had their medical yet I will tell you how it went, step by step.

1)The day I got my packet 3 I called the belgian embassy doctor. He told me to come by the next day with 4 pictures, my travel passport, my normal passport, proof of vaccination, and if I had insurance, documents he could fill out for my insurance.

2) The next day, which was last Thursday, I went there, waited for about an hour and a half then got in. He was very calm and friendly, said he wanted to retire and move to the US himself. He checked my vaccination proof I brought with me, there were a few that I hadn`t got because my country doesn`t require them. I was too old to get them so he wrote on a document that they`re not required for my age. The only one I had to get was a new tetanus shot. He prescribed me one, I had to bring it back with me next time I came.

3)He drew some blood, which he later told me was a syphilis test. They used to also test for HIV but Obama changed that. Now you just gotta make sure you don`t have syphilis smile emoticon Obviously, that came back negative.

4) He wrote an appointment letter for a radiology center where I could get my x-rays taken. He told me to call asap because he sees 5-10 K-1 or other immigrant visa applicants each day so waiting times are crazy sometimes. I called the next morning, Friday 28th, and was already scheduled for Monday 31st, 11.15 am! When I got there they took my appointment letter, guided me to a dressing room. I had to take all clothing off my upper body, bra included, then enter through the other door (i peeked first to make sure it was only a lady in there :D) she made me stand with my chest against a white wall for pictures, arms spread. Then I had to turn 90 degrees and put my arms in the air and breathe in as deep as I could. I was guided back to the waiting room after that. I paid 40euros then got a letter where I can see the results online myself.

5) After that I went back for my final appointment with the embassy doctor. He gave me my tetanus shot, which I didn`t even feel (and I`m terrified of needles) and told me to call him back on Thursday for my x-ray results. He did however already gave me all my documents that I am approved. I got 4 forms with me that he filled out, not in an envelope, so I can just read them all, he says they don`t put them in sealed envelopes in Belgium anymore. I have to present those documents along with the medical questionnaire I got in packet 3, at the embassy on my interview day.

6) He told me I should call the embassy and tell them that I am ready for my interview, since I did not yet get an interview date. I only sent them back package 3 on Thursday (got it on Wednesday) so I`ll call them today or tomorrow to see what they say.

I'm happy to see your progress and a successful medical exam. Thanks for sharing your experience as it will be helpful for those who process behind you. Good luck on the rest of your journey and your interview.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Today Mick (Beneficiary) went to his local medical office to get tested for what he still needs immunization wise. In the end, it will likely be cheaper for him to just have those done at his medical. I suppose that's good news. He also was able to get his medical scheduled before the interview, however it is only one day prior. They did tell him that they would make sure to send out the information immediately after his appointment which should still get it to him by the end of the week. With all luck, the embassy will only be waiting about a week for those results from the time of his interview. We are still in shock at how quickly they got us in and even though we wanted to push back the date, we decided not to take a risk and end up with an interview in November instead. So we are working out our budgets and time the best we can to cover for this. We spent a bit more than we planned on my trip to visit him because we though he wouldn't be coming home for another three months! Cannot believe this has happened so quickly!

Packet 3: August 27th

Packet 4: September 1st

Police check mailed: September 1st

Medical: September 14th

Interview: September 15th!

We will likely be put on administrative processing until his medical is received but I will of course keep you guys informed on how that goes for any of you who may end up in the same boat in the end of this crazy step in the journey :thumbs:

This journey isn't easy...we went over many hurdles along the way... We are together now, 4 years going strong... It's never impossible, it is a matter of having the strength and love to conquer all things along the way! 

(K-1 Process)(I 601 Waiver Process)(AOS, EAD & AP)

June 13th 2015- Filed 1-129f

June 19th 2015- NOA1 Received!

July 21st 2015- NOA2 Received!

August 10th 2015- NVC Received!

August 17th 2015- Case # Received over phone!

August 21st 2015- Embassy in Sydney Received!

August 27th 2015- Packet 3 Received!

August 29th 2015- Police Fingerprinting Done!

September 1st 2015- Packet 4 Received!

September 15th 2015- Interview in Sydney!

September 18th 2015- Medical in Brisbane!

September 23rd 2015- Letter from Medical Received!

October 17th 2015- CEAC changed to refused 

October 17th - November 10th 2015- emails and phone calls placed to embassy to inquire on our case

November 12th 2015- Email from embassy confirming refusal with news that we qualify for a waiver!

November 18th 2015- Received package from embassy on our denial and waiver information

March 7th 2016- I-601 Waiver overnighted to lockbox

March 8th 2016- I-601 Waiver delivered to lockbox and received (According to Website)

March 12th 2016- I-601 Waiver received (Text and email message verifying)

November 2016- Sent inquiry on I-601 (Was told it was still in line, contact in 60 days if no decision made)

January 31st 2017- Called NCSC to talk to tier 2 officer. Was informed it was with an officer and a decision should be made in 15 days

February 9th 2017- USCIS updated our case to approved! (February 8th was the date listed) 

February 12th 2017- Received updated instructions

February 13th 2017- Received official approval letter in the mail/ Booked medical in Brisbane. 

February 20th 2017- Medical in Brisbane

February 27th 2017- Picked up Medical Packet

February 28th 2017- Second interview and immediate approval! 

March 6th, 2017- K-1 Visa Issued

March 16th 2017- He arrives home : POE LAX 

May 27th 2017- We are finally married! 

June 13th 2017- AOS, EAD and AP go out in the mail

June 19th 2017- NOA 1 for AOS, EAD and AP 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

got my visa today :)

Congrats!

Today Mick (Beneficiary) went to his local medical office to get tested for what he still needs immunization wise. In the end, it will likely be cheaper for him to just have those done at his medical. I suppose that's good news. He also was able to get his medical scheduled before the interview, however it is only one day prior. They did tell him that they would make sure to send out the information immediately after his appointment which should still get it to him by the end of the week. With all luck, the embassy will only be waiting about a week for those results from the time of his interview. We are still in shock at how quickly they got us in and even though we wanted to push back the date, we decided not to take a risk and end up with an interview in November instead. So we are working out our budgets and time the best we can to cover for this. We spent a bit more than we planned on my trip to visit him because we though he wouldn't be coming home for another three months! Cannot believe this has happened so quickly!

Packet 3: August 27th

Packet 4: September 1st

Police check mailed: September 1st

Medical: September 14th

Interview: September 15th!

We will likely be put on administrative processing until his medical is received but I will of course keep you guys informed on how that goes for any of you who may end up in the same boat in the end of this crazy step in the journey :thumbs:

Good luck to you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Finally, my f just called and the agent said they just got our case.. Will wait up to 4weeks for the case number.. But will try to call them tom or nextweek hope they will give our case number.. ???? feeling better now than hearing they havent received our case.. :)

????????

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Finally, my f just called and the agent said they just got our case.. Will wait up to 4weeks for the case number.. But will try to call them tom or nextweek hope they will give our case number.. ???? feeling better now than hearing they havent received our case.. :)

Congrats, hopefully all will go much faster now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Would anyone who received a RFE advice if we need to attach the original blue sheet they have sent or the copy of it and keep the original for later? This is kinda urgent...thanks

J saw R for a couple times back in 2012 at neighborhood while visiting her sister but never met in person...
J found R online and became friends : 08/18/2014
Officially couples since : 08/24/2014
1st visit : 10/12/2014. R flies to IZMIR/TURKEY
2nd visit : 12/13/2014. J flies to UT/USA
3rd visit : 03/14/2015. J flies to UT/USA
4th visit : 05/24/2015. R flies to IZMIR/TURKEY
Engaged on : 05/29/2015
Marriage estimation : Feb 2016
Sent I-129 : 06/09/2015
Received at Texas Lockbox : 06/12/2015 - Priority Date 06/16/2015
E-notice NOA1 received on : 06/17/2015 - Sent to CSC
Hardcopy NOA1 received on : 06/23/2015
E-notice RFE received on : 08/22/2015
Hardcopy RFE received on : 08/28/2015
RFE response sent on : 09/03/2015
RFE response received by USCIS on : 09/08/2015
E-notice NOA2 received on : 09/11/2015
Hardcopy NOA2 received on : 09/17/2015
Received at NVC : 10/02/2015
Case number assigned : 10/02/2015
Left NVC in transit to Embassy/Ankara : 10/07/2015
Received at Embassy/Ankara : 10/12/2015
Package 3 received : 10/26/2015
Package 3 sent : 12/14/2015
Medical Appointment in Ankara : 12/22/2015
Package 4 received : 01/05/2016
Interview date : 01/11/2016
Visa status : APPROVED
Visa in hand : 01/18/2016 -- Issued on 01/15/2016
Date of travel to the USA : 01/31/2016
POE : JFK,New York
Marriage : 02/12/2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.