977 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You're lucky, you're able to get an interview date this September. We were hoping the same but i think we're too late, so i hope we can schedule our interview early October. From what i know, NoA2 is needed only for the adjustment of status. I think during medical and interview is when they ask for the packet 3. Don't worry just pray and it will arrive by mail soon.

Thanks! Hoping I get the packet 3 soon so I can proceed to the medical exam. Hoping you'll get the interview date soon! :)

Thank you. No we never called NVC we just waited for the letter. Where does your fiancee lives? Maybe she should tell her housemates that she's waiting for an important letter so they can keep a lookout for the postman or the courier. Don't worry i know sometimes we hear these stories and makes us paranoid but i think NVC checks if the letters they sent were actually sent to the petitioner and beneficiary. I hope we can get a schedule this September. Thanks again and God bless us all

She lives in Sampaloc area in Manila with her grand mom and cousins.

What is in the packet 3? Is it the instructions as I found in the following URL link?

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/325288/packets/K1%20and%20K2%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_updated%2004%20Feb%202014_.pdf

The main page of the link is as follows

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3224.html

Hi I'm from Philippines too but we never got the noa2 hard copy. We only got the approval via email. We were able to proceed to the next steps though and I already have my interview date but still no noa2 and packet 3. :-/

For those who are applying for a visa from the Philippines, I'd like to extend a little help to you. Once you get your text message that your case has been approved it's time to Rock and Roll. Be active in getting your MNL# and don't wait for the hard copy of the NOA2 as it can take 30 days or more to arrive. So you wasted a month. I have a website, free to use, that walks you through every step of the process for USEM Philippines. It's easy to navigate. Start with the tab you are on in your process and each step is listed for that process.

For those who are waiting for NOA-2 you need to register myUSCIS to follow all your cases, communicating to NVC or USCIS and changing your address.

NOA2 or packet 3 may never arrive for USEM so don't wait, be proactive.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

For those who are applying for a visa from the Philippines, I'd like to extend a little help to you. Once you get your text message that your case has been approved it's time to Rock and Roll. Be active in getting your MNL# and don't wait for the hard copy of the NOA2 as it can take 30 days or more to arrive. So you wasted a month. I have a website, free to use, that walks you through every step of the process for USEM Philippines. It's easy to navigate. Start with the tab you are on in your process and each step is listed for that process.

For those who are waiting for NOA-2 you need to register myUSCIS to follow all your cases, communicating to NVC or USCIS and changing your address.

Thanks Greenbaum. That is the best website for Philippines petitions I have ever seen so far!!! I already got an interview date by following the step by step instructions.

One quick question - How about packet 4? What is in packet 4? Should we also disregard it?

Thanks Greenbaum. That is the best website for Philippines petitions I have ever seen so far!!! I already got an interview date by following the step by step instructions.

One quick question - How about packet 4? What is in packet 4? Should we also disregard it?

Thank you :thumbs:

Packet 4 is the instructions on how to schedule your appointment. By the time you have P4 your going to be beyond schedule and quite possibly finished the interview.

So go ahead and ignore P4 as it never comes. PhilPost has a lot to do with not receiving the Packets. That's why I designed the website. I'm glad your getting some use out of it. If you see anything that doesn't work for you or suggestions just use the contact tab on my website and jot a note and send it off to me.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Thanks greenbaum for providing us some clarity :) will be referring to your website! Thanks a lot ! :)

Thanks greenbaum for providing us some clarity :) will be referring to your website! Thanks a lot ! :)

:thumbs: glad I could help. Pass the word if anyone else is struggling with the Philippine/USA Embassy process to visit my website.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

We have received our case number and invoice number via phone. My fiancé called the NVC today :-). NOA2 was 29th of July .... seems like things are in process. Time to start form DS160.

(L)K-1 Fiance Visa (L)

We met in Bangkok October 2013

K1 Process:

K-1 Petition Sent: 06 / 22 / 2015

NOA1 Hard Copy: 06 / 26 / 2015

NOA2: 07 / 29 / 2015

NVC case creation date: 08 / 21 / 2015

Packet 3: 09 / 01 / 2015

Interview: 10 / 20 / 2015

Visa issued: 10 / 22 / 2015

POE at JFK: 01 / 27 / 2016

Wedding in NY City Hall: 02 / 11 / 2016

AOS Process:

Sent in I485: 02 / 29 / 2016

Biometrics: 03 / 28 / 2016

EAD & AP received by mail: 05 / 04 / 2016

Interview:  12 / 14 / 2016

Approved: 12 / 14 / 2016

Greencard reveived: 02 / 02 / 2017

Called NVC, they have recieved my case. Hopefully case number gets assigned soon. NOA2 date July 24th.

I called today and was on hold for 100 min. I was told that the case was entered into the system and case no. was generated today. However no forward date as it's still sitting in NVC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My case was approved today! I sent off the RFE on 8/11 and NOA2 was 8/24. Yayyyy :).

K1

06.17.2015 - I-129F Sent

06.19.2015 - I-129F Delivered

06.24.2015 - Check cashed, Electronic NOA1

06.29.2015 - Hard copy NOA1 (NOA1 Date 06.23.2015)

08.04.2015 - Notice of RFE

08.10.2015 - RFE in mail (long form birth certificate)

08.14.2015 - RFE received notification (email)

08.24.2015 - NOA2

09.15.2015 - Case # from NVC

09.28.2015 - Logged at MTL (status "Ready")

09.28.2015 - Emailed Packet 3 to MTL

09.29.2015 - Packet 4 received via email

11.16.2015 - Medical in Toronto

12.17.2015 - Interview in Montreal -- Approved!

Timeline

I called today and was on hold for 100 min. I was told that the case was entered into the system and case no. was generated today. However no forward date as it's still sitting in NVC.

Hi my NOA2 is july 29, but the agent keeps telling me to call after 35 days :(

We have received our case number and invoice number via phone. My fiancé called the NVC today :-). NOA2 was 29th of July .... seems like things are in process. Time to start form DS160.

We have the same date of approval, but whenever i call the NVC they just keep telling me the same thing to call after 35 days. :(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Okay, so I'm a bit confused!

I am trying to fill out the ds-160 and it's asking for the priority date. I looked at the NOA2 as that's where it's supposed to be but it's blank... What date should I put in then?

This journey isn't easy...we went over many hurdles along the way... We are together now, 4 years going strong... It's never impossible, it is a matter of having the strength and love to conquer all things along the way! 

(K-1 Process)(I 601 Waiver Process)(AOS, EAD & AP)

June 13th 2015- Filed 1-129f

June 19th 2015- NOA1 Received!

July 21st 2015- NOA2 Received!

August 10th 2015- NVC Received!

August 17th 2015- Case # Received over phone!

August 21st 2015- Embassy in Sydney Received!

August 27th 2015- Packet 3 Received!

August 29th 2015- Police Fingerprinting Done!

September 1st 2015- Packet 4 Received!

September 15th 2015- Interview in Sydney!

September 18th 2015- Medical in Brisbane!

September 23rd 2015- Letter from Medical Received!

October 17th 2015- CEAC changed to refused 

October 17th - November 10th 2015- emails and phone calls placed to embassy to inquire on our case

November 12th 2015- Email from embassy confirming refusal with news that we qualify for a waiver!

November 18th 2015- Received package from embassy on our denial and waiver information

March 7th 2016- I-601 Waiver overnighted to lockbox

March 8th 2016- I-601 Waiver delivered to lockbox and received (According to Website)

March 12th 2016- I-601 Waiver received (Text and email message verifying)

November 2016- Sent inquiry on I-601 (Was told it was still in line, contact in 60 days if no decision made)

January 31st 2017- Called NCSC to talk to tier 2 officer. Was informed it was with an officer and a decision should be made in 15 days

February 9th 2017- USCIS updated our case to approved! (February 8th was the date listed) 

February 12th 2017- Received updated instructions

February 13th 2017- Received official approval letter in the mail/ Booked medical in Brisbane. 

February 20th 2017- Medical in Brisbane

February 27th 2017- Picked up Medical Packet

February 28th 2017- Second interview and immediate approval! 

March 6th, 2017- K-1 Visa Issued

March 16th 2017- He arrives home : POE LAX 

May 27th 2017- We are finally married! 

June 13th 2017- AOS, EAD and AP go out in the mail

June 19th 2017- NOA 1 for AOS, EAD and AP 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.