977 posts in this topic

We FINALLY got our case number, the case has left their facility yesterday!

now I got 3 numbers, the case number, the invoice id and the benificiary id,

what are those used for??

also, my case tracker says the following, is this normal although it just left the facility yesterday?

Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center.

congrat!!! You got the number from their letter? email? or did you get it when you called them?

Edited by jandjin

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

congrat!!! You got the number from their letter? email? or did you get it when you called them?

I called the nvc like 20 times before getting in, then waited for about 35-40 minutes before I was helped

they asked my WAC number and then told me it left NVC yesterday, they also gave me the case number etc.

I`m beyond extatic! :D

Hopefully I can start scheduling everything soon!

event.png
United_States.gif:wub:Our Journey :wub:Belgium.gif

K1
Sent I-129F: June 9th, 2015
Received at Texas Lockbox: June 11th. Sent to CSC!
NOA1: (NOA1 date June 15th 2015) Hardcopy arrived June 20th 2015
NOA2: July 23rd! Hardcopy arrived July 27th 2015
Left NVC in transit to Brussels Embassy: August 17th 2015
Received at Brussels Embassy: August 21st, 2015
Package 3 sent: August 25th, 2015
Package 3 reveived: August 26th, 2015
Checklist sent back: August 27th, 2015
Medical Appointment in Antwerp: August 27th, 2015 and August 31st, 2015
Received Package 4: September 11th, 2015
Interview: September 17th, 2015 : APPROVED!!!
POE: October 25th, 3.55pm 2015 at Washington Dulles Airport.
Wedding Courthouse: November 24th, 2015. (L)
Wedding ceremony and reception for friends and family US: April 2nd 2016 (L)
Wedding ceremony and reception for friends and family Belgium: October 8th 2016 (L)

AoS

Filed for AoS: June 17th 2016

Package arrived: June 20th 2016 8.05 AM

Check Cashed: June 25th 2016

Texts and e-mails NOA1: June 28th, 10.30 PM

Hardcopy NOA1`s: July 2nd

Biometrics letter: July 8th.

Biometrics appointment: July 20th, 11 AM, Charlotte, NC

Early walk-in Biometrics: July 14th!

Approved: 2016/10/28 (no interview)

Greencard received: November 5th 2016. (Wrong country of birth: USA)

RoC

Filed: 10/22/2018

Package arrived: 10/23 2:40PM

Package picked up: 10/24/2018 3:54AM.

NOA1: 10/26/2018

Text and e-mail: 10/29/2018

Check cashed: 10/30/2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yayyy!!! my packet just left NVC yesterday!!! I called 10 times yesterday, and after the 5th try today and 40 minutes waiting I received the good news!!!! Today is a great day!! be patient people...things are moving along....we just have to wait and continue to support each other =)

I got my case number and invoice number today as well!! :joy::joy:

I downloaded a cellphone app called "Auto Redial". When I heard the recording message, I just hang up and "Auto Redial" will automatically redial then I turned on the speaker on my cellphone (you can use a headphone if you need privacy). I have done the same process for last two weeks and the wait was not as bad as I thought because once I am get in the waiting queue (press option 1, 1, 1, and 1) , it will be answered in 20 - 30 minutes when I called at 7 AM EST.

We got our case # too :D congrats to everyone who also got their case numbers!

Don't wait. It's Rock and Roll time. Now that you have your MNL# you can begin to schedule your interview, pay your visa fee and schedule your Medical. More information in my link below at the twisting arrow. Use the tab NVC to USEM.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

So I called last week and they gave me (petitioner) the case number, however when they told me my fiance email (beneficiary)it was incorrect but I didn't realized. ..I'm calling to get that update, does anyone know if the embassy send you things by email instead of mail? I'm afraid he may missed an email. Thanks

If you filed Form G-1145, Notification of Acceptance of Application/Petition with your I-129f or I-130 then they will email you when your status changes. For all other correspondence, they use the mail.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Hey we have same noa2 and we are still waiting for our case number we called friday still same answer after 35days, my f tried to called yesterday didnt get through, he will call again later hopefully will get it.. ????????

Hi

Have you tried 1-603-334-0700 or 603-334-0888 to contact the NVC with. The second number was given to me by someone who found it and he tried it and got right through. And of course, Operator assistance is available Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 12:00 AM (Eastern Time)

Did you get your NOA2 document? The number is on there.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Don't wait. It's Rock and Roll time. Now that you have your MNL# you can begin to schedule your interview, pay your visa fee and schedule your Medical. More information in my link below at the twisting arrow. Use the tab NVC to USEM.

Hi, we have not yet receive the hard copy of our noa2 .. Will I need it for the interview?

Hi, we have not yet receive the hard copy of our noa2 .. Will I need it for the interview?

The NOA2 is not required for the interview but will be needed after you are married and your filing your AOS.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Oh alright, thanks greenbaum! :D

:thumbs: YW

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

NOA2 has an effective date of July 29, and I started calling the Visa Center yesterday. Because they get overwhelmed with waiting people, and once the queue is filled they just disconnect, your best bet is to call and call and call till you get in the queue. Once in the queue, I waited over 30 minutes to get a person on the line, only to be told the following:

1) My case number has not arrived yet.

2) It can take 35 days from the approval day to the time the application arrives at the National Visa Center

3) It can take over 40 days for them to enter the data.

4) You'll be not be notified when the case is arrives but only when it is completely entered in to the system.

Given that info I'm not quite sure what's being displayed on the VisaJourney Processing times, as they currently show that NVC is processing documents based on a date of July 30th. But my docs aren't even there yet. So frustrating.

Tony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Really frustrating.. :( weve been calling too, i dont wanna call anymore.. They will just say after 35days.. :( been waiting for 29days now.. And now im scared when we call them after 35days still have to wait more weeks.. Thats sound sooo depressing :( well i hope not.. :(

????????

NOA2 has an effective date of July 29, and I started calling the Visa Center yesterday. Because they get overwhelmed with waiting people, and once the queue is filled they just disconnect, your best bet is to call and call and call till you get in the queue. Once in the queue, I waited over 30 minutes to get a person on the line, only to be told the following:

1) My case number has not arrived yet.

2) It can take 35 days from the approval day to the time the application arrives at the National Visa Center

3) It can take over 40 days for them to enter the data.

4) You'll be not be notified when the case is arrives but only when it is completely entered in to the system.

Given that info I'm not quite sure what's being displayed on the VisaJourney Processing times, as they currently show that NVC is processing documents based on a date of July 30th. But my docs aren't even there yet. So frustrating.

Tony

Just ignore whatever the agent say about your case. I was told exactly the same thing when I called last week or a week before last week. I waited few days and called again yesterday. Not only I have the case number, the case already left NVC a day before I called. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.