977 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

I only marry once! I don't like to do it twice and I don't want it big anyways! We prefer a good honeymoon ;)

oh we`re not going for a big one either but we`re taking the advice from a few other girls that have done it this way, I know I want it planned perfectly regardless of the size and if I marry towards the end of my 90 days I will have to wait 3 months extra for my work permit etc whereas if we get married at the courthouse right away I can already get everything going, and then have the backyard wedding we wanted with our close family when the weather allows it. November-December in VA is ICE COLD haha

I also want my parents and brothers there and since the plane tickets are really pricey, being able to save up for a few months and not having to buy the expensive tickets will be nice.

We`re going for the good honeymoon too haha, where are you guys planning on going, since we won`t be able to leave the us for a while after getting married? Or are you doing the honeymoon later on?

We`re planning on going to the US Virgin Islands

Edited by Kim&Clint

event.png
United_States.gif:wub:Our Journey :wub:Belgium.gif

K1
Sent I-129F: June 9th, 2015
Received at Texas Lockbox: June 11th. Sent to CSC!
NOA1: (NOA1 date June 15th 2015) Hardcopy arrived June 20th 2015
NOA2: July 23rd! Hardcopy arrived July 27th 2015
Left NVC in transit to Brussels Embassy: August 17th 2015
Received at Brussels Embassy: August 21st, 2015
Package 3 sent: August 25th, 2015
Package 3 reveived: August 26th, 2015
Checklist sent back: August 27th, 2015
Medical Appointment in Antwerp: August 27th, 2015 and August 31st, 2015
Received Package 4: September 11th, 2015
Interview: September 17th, 2015 : APPROVED!!!
POE: October 25th, 3.55pm 2015 at Washington Dulles Airport.
Wedding Courthouse: November 24th, 2015. (L)
Wedding ceremony and reception for friends and family US: April 2nd 2016 (L)
Wedding ceremony and reception for friends and family Belgium: October 8th 2016 (L)

AoS

Filed for AoS: June 17th 2016

Package arrived: June 20th 2016 8.05 AM

Check Cashed: June 25th 2016

Texts and e-mails NOA1: June 28th, 10.30 PM

Hardcopy NOA1`s: July 2nd

Biometrics letter: July 8th.

Biometrics appointment: July 20th, 11 AM, Charlotte, NC

Early walk-in Biometrics: July 14th!

Approved: 2016/10/28 (no interview)

Greencard received: November 5th 2016. (Wrong country of birth: USA)

RoC

Filed: 10/22/2018

Package arrived: 10/23 2:40PM

Package picked up: 10/24/2018 3:54AM.

NOA1: 10/26/2018

Text and e-mail: 10/29/2018

Check cashed: 10/30/2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

We gonna do the simple ceremony to the courthouse and then we wanna do like a big party with my family during the spring on a boat on Hudson River. Then for the honey moon we didn't spoke about it yet but I wanna go to Puerto Rico. It's still USA so we can go while I'm waiting my paperwork done. I think I will start looking for my dress when the noa2 will be approved! And I will buy it prob In Paris! :)

Timeline

Hi there, I feel very down today I can't move and still in my bed right now...is this separation damage your relationship a little? I mean... We have trust issue (I'm very jealous) and we arguing sometimes... It's very hard sometimes... Do you guys going thru some arguments too? ???

Timeline

Hi there, I feel very down today I can't move and still in my bed right now...is this separation damage your relationship a little? I mean... We have trust issue (I'm very jealous) and we arguing sometimes... It's very hard sometimes... Do you guys going thru some arguments too? ???

I honestly do know how you feel I`ve had a very bad day myself but luckily it ended well!

We used to be jealous but realized that our partner wouldn`t be in this with us if they didn`t want to go for it for 100%. It takes a lot less of an effort to do funny business without a complicated relationship like ours so now we both trust each other.

We know we`re both fully committed and you just have to keep in mind that your fiance wouldn`t be going through this entire visa journey if they didn`t love you as much as they do.

We like to believe though that although the long distance puts extra stress on our relationship, it gives it an extra dimension as well. We can only talk to pass time most of the time so we know each other so well after a while of being separated simply because of all the conversations. And communication is one of the biggest problems in a lot of (normal) relationships. So try and see the positives :)

Do you guys spend a lot of time together online? If you don`t maybe you should do skype dates and watch netflix shows together, we binge watched all seasons of dexter and we`re on season 4 of house, when we don`t know what to do we just watch tv together and have skype open so it`s like we`re watching movies or tv shows together, it`s great fun :)

When we argue it`s over trivial stuff like misinterpreting each other`s texts. we`re both quite sarcastic so sometimes it`s not clear in a text if we were being serious or not. That causes some friction sometimes but it`s always solved very fast. We also make sure to not fight dirty. That helps. We never have to feel guilty afterwards about things we shouldn`t had said.

If you wanna talk don`t be afraid to message me. We all go through this and we all know how rough it is.

Hope tomorrow will be better for you!

event.png

K1
Wedding ceremony and reception for friends and family Belgium: October 8th 2016 (L)

AoS

RoC

Timeline

WOOT WOOT

Yesterday they package said "delayed" and tracking info said it was being sent back to us.

We were both nervous wrecks and sad and sick all day today.

My fiance has been at work and his mother just opened the mailbox the same time he got a text from USCIS!

The slip in the mail was a return receipt, our package has been received!

We got the best text ever, saying we`re going to CSC! (receipt number starts with WAC)

We`re so excited, I`m crying and he`s shaking and this is only the beginning of the looooong ride!

NOA1 date, June 11th!!

Hope you all have a wonderful evening!

event.png

K1

AoS

RoC

Timeline

Omg congratulation!!!!!! I can't wait for this too!!!!! I have send to him all the paper he needed from me and then send the package! I really hope by the time we will send the forms (maybe one week) that we will still go to Cali as well! I don't wanna be in the hell of Texas... He's from ny so we supposed to go to Texas... Anyway hopefully they will still send our package to Cali!

Yes we do FaceTime a lot and text and email and whatever but aint the same... I was living with him until March when I came back to France so it's very difficult... Also, as we were living together we don't have that much picture showing that we have met within two years except the lease on our both name, a join bank accounts and a letter from his mom. I added in my mail some screenshot from when we are FaceTiming. And he will add the lease the bank account and his Mom letter. Do you think it will be enough? Once again congrats! So glad for you! Now you just gotta keep yourself busy and it will go fast! Watch! Try to find a job if you don't have one save money for your wedding dress and everything. Start planing the wedding and the invitations! Enjoy your family and friends because you won't see them a lot after moving to USA! Where you gonna live with your futur husband?

Timeline

Omg congratulation!!!!!! I can't wait for this too!!!!! I have send to him all the paper he needed from me and then send the package! I really hope by the time we will send the forms (maybe one week) that we will still go to Cali as well! I don't wanna be in the hell of Texas... He's from ny so we supposed to go to Texas... Anyway hopefully they will still send our package to Cali!

Yes we do FaceTime a lot and text and email and whatever but aint the same... I was living with him until March when I came back to France so it's very difficult... Also, as we were living together we don't have that much picture showing that we have met within two years except the lease on our both name, a join bank accounts and a letter from his mom. I added in my mail some screenshot from when we are FaceTiming. And he will add the lease the bank account and his Mom letter. Do you think it will be enough? Once again congrats! So glad for you! Now you just gotta keep yourself busy and it will go fast! Watch! Try to find a job if you don't have one save money for your wedding dress and everything. Start planing the wedding and the invitations! Enjoy your family and friends because you won't see them a lot after moving to USA! Where you gonna live with your futur husband?

Thank you so much!

Yeah I was terrified to have to go to TSC honestly, we`re in VA so we`d have to go there too!

I`m sure if you send your package soon it`ll go to CSC. Try to be ahead of the summer months a lot of couples meet up then and file the i-129f together while they`re visiting for the summer. Try and be ahead of that rush! :)

Wow that sounds rough I can`t imagine living together and then having to say goodbye, just spending a few months together and then leaving pretty much killed us already. The facetime screenshots and joint bank accounts etc sound good also include some texts maybe. We included some sweet texts to each other, the call duration of our skype calls and texts we sent to each other trying to find each other at the airport. Be creative, anything you can find to prove it will do! If you`re unsure if it`s enough, put some more in :)

Yeah I still have work for the next few months I was planning on quitting after the summer so now I`m going to confirm that with my boss tomorrow or thursday. I don`t wanna have to deal with a full time job and having to run around for my medical etc cause it`s a trip to the other side of the country ( i know belgium is small but it`s still time consuming having to take time off for that!)

I also made sure to have time off in the summer when my family does so we get to spend time, and my fiance is coming over to visit one more time over the summer, hopefully bringing the NOA2 paper with him :D

When I move I won`t have a work permit right away so we decided to marry at the courthouse in the first week or so, just have dinner with his parents and sister, and then while I can`t work we`ll be planning an actual wedding hopefully in the spring! I want a backyard wedding and that would suck in the winter, it gets really cold there haha!

Once I have my work permit I am a very blessed young lady because my fiance`s mother will be helping me to get a job at the hospital where she (and my fiance and his sister) all work! :)

My fiance still lives at his parents house since he only graduated university last summer, he`s been saving up all his money, and we`ll be living there for a few months and start looking out to buy a house near his parents as soon as I move over :)

They live in Roanoke, Virginia, it`s very rural and absolutely beautiful!

If we don`t get any RFE`s I`ll be there right in time to admire the beauty of fall there, it`s said to be the prettiest season around there!

Can`t wait!

Will you guys live downtown or more rural ? Will it be a big change from France for you? Or have you lived there for a long time before you came back to europe?

event.png

K1

AoS

RoC

Timeline

It's sounds great! Yes I was living in New York (very rural lol) during 14 months I was Aupair during 9 months then the rest of the time with him! We have ours apartment together. And yes we want to do the courthouse as soon as o get there and then a beautiful ceremony on a boat on Hudson River with the NYC view... And not in winter either because it's very very cold!!!! And too much snow ? it's true fall is the most epic season even in New York! It's wonderful and my birthday is in fall too! When do you think we should be done? I think I already asked this question! I really hope be there for November or December... I don't wanna be in France for the new year ?

Timeline

Oh and he planed to visit me over the summer too but flight are soooooo expensive to go to France in July even August! That's crazy! And plus he gotta do his passport... So an other expense... The visa 340, the passport 200 and the flight 1500 dollars! It's a lot knowing he still gotta pay our rent and bills... New York is very expensive but a wonderful city. I fall in love for him and for the city at the same time... I miss my life so much! So you from Belgium! So you speak French?? And I know me too the U.S. Embassy is in Paris and I actually living in south of France it's like 10 hours in train! Sucks! But don't worry you should have your medical aappointment the same day as your interview.

Timeline

It's sounds great! Yes I was living in New York (very rural lol) during 14 months I was Aupair during 9 months then the rest of the time with him! We have ours apartment together. And yes we want to do the courthouse as soon as o get there and then a beautiful ceremony on a boat on Hudson River with the NYC view... And not in winter either because it's very very cold!!!! And too much snow ? it's true fall is the most epic season even in New York! It's wonderful and my birthday is in fall too! When do you think we should be done? I think I already asked this question! I really hope be there for November or December... I don't wanna be in France for the new year ?

Well based on my current NOA1 I should be getting my NOA2 ( if we dont get RFE`s in the second half of July) I`m assuming by the end of september or somewhere October everything should be handled and who knows I`ll have my passport in hand with the K1 sticker in it!! So if you make sure your i-129f package is filled out correctly and you send everything out soon you`ll definitely be there before new years!

Oh and he planed to visit me over the summer too but flight are soooooo expensive to go to France in July even August! That's crazy! And plus he gotta do his passport... So an other expense... The visa 340, the passport 200 and the flight 1500 dollars! It's a lot knowing he still gotta pay our rent and bills... New York is very expensive but a wonderful city. I fall in love for him and for the city at the same time... I miss my life so much! So you from Belgium! So you speak French?? And I know me too the U.S. Embassy is in Paris and I actually living in south of France it's like 10 hours in train! Sucks! But don't worry you should have your medical aappointment the same day as your interview.

Yeah same here, prices for flights over the summer from Belgium to VA are about 1500-1800 dollars so we`re not 100% sure yet but if he can come over he can take some of my clothes back with him already haha :D

I heard NY is very expensive indeed but I hope to go visit one day it sounds awesome! My fiance`s city isn`t much of a city it`s more like a "big" village in france or Belgium haha but it`s beautiful I love nature and there`s plenty of that over there!

Yes I do speak French, I used to be very fluent but I do have to admit it`s gotten quite rusty over the past few years haha :D Oh I`m not complaining it`s only a one hour trip to the embassy and a one hour trip the other way for my medical but like i said regardless, I`d have to take off work.

I believe in Belgium the medical is a few weeks in advance of the interview. I`m not too excited for the vaccinations that are awaiting me but I`ll be fine!!

Are you taking any pets with you when you go back to NY? I`m taking my cat and I`m so worried how things will go taking him with me!

event.png

K1

AoS

RoC

Timeline

The same here but next year or maybe we wait and going to bora bora!

Yes I feel bad to marry twice I'm not that wedding person anyways! His mom will organize it and I think if we should have noa2 we can say when we will able to

Bora Bora looks lovely! I`m hoping to go there one day!

Oh we aren`t either it`s more like we know our families want an actual wedding so we can`t just do the courthouse or elope, sadly lmao :P either way it`ll be lovely regardless of who comes!

On top of that we`re expected to do a wedding reception in Belgium afterwards as well for all of my family that cannot come over. Not looking forward to being the center of attention but I understand it`s just something we gotta do! :)

event.png

K1

AoS

RoC

Timeline

I'm not bringing any pet with me becauE my cat is already home with him!!! And I have half of my clothes over there too! I still have my tooth brush in the glass :(

Well will see right now I'm just trying to keep myself very busy this way time goes fast... And 6 months it's not very that long if you look at it like this! We have our whole entire life!!! Stay positive! I mean of course there is some down.. Like for me it's been a week or it very hard but we will be ok... The distance make everything harder..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi June Filers!

I just mailed off my I-129F today, it's scheduled to be delivered to the lockbox on Friday 6/19.

I am from Atlanta, Georgia and my fiance is just outside Toronto, Canada. We are hoping to get through the process quickly and without any hiccups! I'd love for him to be in my arms by the end of the year!

K1

06.17.2015 - I-129F Sent

06.19.2015 - I-129F Delivered

06.24.2015 - Check cashed, Electronic NOA1

06.29.2015 - Hard copy NOA1 (NOA1 Date 06.23.2015)

08.04.2015 - Notice of RFE

08.10.2015 - RFE in mail (long form birth certificate)

08.14.2015 - RFE received notification (email)

08.24.2015 - NOA2

09.15.2015 - Case # from NVC

09.28.2015 - Logged at MTL (status "Ready")

09.28.2015 - Emailed Packet 3 to MTL

09.29.2015 - Packet 4 received via email

11.16.2015 - Medical in Toronto

12.17.2015 - Interview in Montreal -- Approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.