977 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! We filed our petition last June 08, approved last July 10 and received our NVC Aug 06. Took longer than expected on medical as slec find "suspicious" on my xray. Sputum turned negative and I am now on my 6th weeks waiting for culture result and confident that I'll turn negative since I don't have history and any other lung related issue. I made an appointment this afternoon,I know I should have wait for the result of the test but the last slot available for November is on the 30th so I took the chance. Goodluck to all the applications who are waiting for their culture result this month. God bless us all

kisseslaarni, on 16 Oct 2015 - 08:51 AM, said:

Hello Guys! Please help and advice! :(

Last October 13 (Tuesday) I received an email from US Consulate in Kuwait that my interview will be on October 26. October 14 & 15 were holidays in Kuwait so wasn't able to process any requirements from ministry.

Medical- pending vaccination

NBI clearance from Philippines - still need to send to Philippines to process ,I told my brother to scan a copy of NBI clearance once done there

Question: is it okay to bring scanned copy of NBI clearance during the interview in case the courier gets delay sending it back to me

Police Clearance - how long will it take the process of getting it in Kuwait

( what if it won't finish on my interview date )

Question: s it okay to just bring the paper that police clearance is on process?

Evidence of Domicile - is it okay for the voter's registration as long as I have my address in Philippines written?

I'm afraid if I don't have original copies of police and nbi clearance , if only scanned copies my application will be denied.

Please help me to clear up my mind... I'm nervous! :(

I'm curious in how your interview went. Can you pop in and let us know. Thanks.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Hello Greenbaum

I went for my interview last October 26. I managed to finished my Police certificate in Kuwait Police Station and since my NBI in phils was done within 24hrs I let my brother to send me the scanned copy.

I brought my certificate of no marriage and birth certificate on my interview although I know that it was not the required procedure as they need there 2 docs to be received directly from nso office visa Phil post. At the same time I requested and paid thru online as instructed and printed the status just to show to CO that I have requested but it will take 6-8 weeks before it reaches USEM Kuwait.

Everything was set..I did my interview and all went well! The CO asked about my cenomar and birthcerticate I showed him the docs I have which I requested myself in nso office and mailed here by my mom but he said that all was okay with the interview but unfortunately they have to received the docs directly from Phil's.

Now my status is AP,I still have to wait until Dec 22 :(

Is have resigned in my current job now and my papers is until Dec 25 in Kuwait.if ever my visa will not be issued before Dec 25 and I have to go back Phil's, do you think I can request usem to send my papers and continue my application in Phil's? Will I go through some interviews ,medical again in Phil's or just wait for my last 2 docs which made my status pending?

Thank you

kisseslaarni, on 13 Nov 2015 - 04:13 AM, said:kisseslaarni, on 13 Nov 2015 - 04:13 AM, said:kisseslaarni, on 13 Nov 2015 - 04:13 AM, said:

Hello Greenbaum

I went for my interview last October 26. I managed to finished my Police certificate in Kuwait Police Station and since my NBI in phils was done within 24hrs I let my brother to send me the scanned copy.

I brought my certificate of no marriage and birth certificate on my interview although I know that it was not the required procedure as they need there 2 docs to be received directly from nso office visa Phil post. At the same time I requested and paid thru online as instructed and printed the status just to show to CO that I have requested but it will take 6-8 weeks before it reaches USEM Kuwait.

Everything was set..I did my interview and all went well! The CO asked about my cenomar and birthcerticate I showed him the docs I have which I requested myself in nso office and mailed here by my mom but he said that all was okay with the interview but unfortunately they have to received the docs directly from Phil's.

Now my status is AP,I still have to wait until Dec 22 :(

Is have resigned in my current job now and my papers is until Dec 25 in Kuwait.if ever my visa will not be issued before Dec 25 and I have to go back Phil's, do you think I can request usem to send my papers and continue my application in Phil's? Will I go through some interviews ,medical again in Phil's or just wait for my last 2 docs which made my status pending?

Thank you

I think you realize that you made a mistake in resigning your position with your job. In most Embassy Letters and on the Embassy website's it states:

Do not finalize arrangements for travel to the United States, dispose of property, or resign from your job until a visa has been issued and delivered to you. Generally, a single-entry fiancé(e) (K1) nonimmigrant visa is valid for six months from the date of issuance, unless its validity is limited by medical or other restrictions.

I only point this out because others will be reading this and I want to prevent them from making the same mistake you have.

Having said that, can you get your employer to delay the reporting by a few weeks so you can stay in Kuwait till your visa is issued? If not then you will have to have your case forwarded to the Embassy in the Philippines for the completion of your interview. But, that will delay the processing not weeks but months. As now your case gets sent to USEM they have to review everything and they will not have your CENOMAR or your BC. So you will have to deal with those issues.

You need to convince your prior employer to delay the reporting till you get issued.

You also should have asked the CO what the alternatives of processing your case were based on you leaving to return back to the Philippines because of your employment situation. That would have answered most of your questions. Right now, I recommend getting in touch with the Embassy Kuwait by phone and see what your options are.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

I think you realize that you made a mistake in resigning your position with your job. In most Embassy Letters and on the Embassy website's it states:

Do not finalize arrangements for travel to the United States, dispose of property, or resign from your job until a visa has been issued and delivered to you. Generally, a single-entry fiancé(e) (K1) nonimmigrant visa is valid for six months from the date of issuance, unless its validity is limited by medical or other restrictions.

I only point this out because others will be reading this and I want to prevent them from making the same mistake you have.

Having said that, can you get your employer to delay the reporting by a few weeks so you can stay in Kuwait till your visa is issued? If not then you will have to have your case forwarded to the Embassy in the Philippines for the completion of your interview. But, that will delay the processing not weeks but months. As now your case gets sent to USEM they have to review everything and they will not have your CENOMAR or your BC. So you will have to deal with those issues.

You need to convince your prior employer to delay the reporting till you get issued.

You also should have asked the CO what the alternatives of processing your case were based on you leaving to return back to the Philippines because of your employment situation. That would have answered most of your questions. Right now, I recommend getting in touch with the Embassy Kuwait by phone and see what your options are.

Timeline

Hello Greenbaum,

Yeah I realized the consequences :( I set a meeting to my employer and hopefully things will be okay.

My 2 documents are in transit, dispatched in Phil Post since October 27 so hopefully it reaches Kuwait at the earliest not 6- 8 weeks , the status says "on route" . i'll keep you posted.

Thanks again for answering me :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

SIGNATURE AFTER MARRIAGE

hi is it legal to change mg signature after marriage here in the US? i wanted to change but worrying though that it might cause me a prob later. I am applying passport to carry my husband's last name. so thats my concern. thanks for ur help guys

Edited by pemnick

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I am perhaps jumping the guy a tad bit in this, as I don't believe my Fiancée has picked up the visa yet, but... DHL said they delivered to the pick up center this morning. All she has to do now is get there and pick it up. It's been a long crazy trip and I can't say enough how much help this site has been in getting this all done. Thank you all so much for being supportive and helpful and keeping all these great stats. And good luck to all of you who are waiting now. The waiting is the hardest part, of this process. a

Tony

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Just to give an update...

I was tracking my 2 pending documents since October 27... The status in the internet was not updating since it was dispatched from Philippines " On Route ", i was worried! usually the tracking shows the updates and as I am checking some post regarding Registered Mail, some get lost and didn't reach the destination in Kuwait. Last Nov24 I decided to checked and inquired myself in Post Office just for a peace of mind. I went there and they found my docs, It was there ( i saw the stamped ) since Nov 12. I was relieved... but, I asked " when are they gonna send in USEM " and the girl answered " we are not allowed to send it there, we don't send any docs in USEM". She answered " I can give it to you and send it by yourself or I will return it back in the airport or Main Office or I don't know ". I was thinking that time, what Am I gonna do, I am not supposed to touch the documents ( it's sealed and stamp of dates departed in Phils and arrival in Kuwait are there in the envelope ) ,it is against the process as the CO told me they are waiting for the docs from the Phils, therefore, I got nothing to do with it. I asked the girl " if I get it then what am I gonna do because your office should send it in USEM " she replied " you can throw it! and it's up to you. bring it in our main office ". I have decided, I took the docs and I went in the embassy and told the girl from the window the story why I have the docs and THANK GOD! they accepted it and now I am waiting for the consulate section to contact me for the next procedure. I was just being positive that they will not have a negative thought that I brought the docs with me as it was sealed and dates are stamped and that I couldn't be a false document.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

We received an interview dat in Yerevan Armenia for December 18. I guess it couldve been faster but we are still thankful. A little chance that we might spend the new years eve together.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

We received an interview dat in Yerevan Armenia for December 18. I guess it couldve been faster but we are still thankful. A little chance that we might spend the new years eve together.

Good luck!

kisseslaarni, on 28 Nov 2015 - 03:47 AM, said:

Just to give an update...

I was tracking my 2 pending documents since October 27... The status in the internet was not updating since it was dispatched from Philippines " On Route ", i was worried! usually the tracking shows the updates and as I am checking some post regarding Registered Mail, some get lost and didn't reach the destination in Kuwait. Last Nov24 I decided to checked and inquired myself in Post Office just for a peace of mind. I went there and they found my docs, It was there ( i saw the stamped ) since Nov 12. I was relieved... but, I asked " when are they gonna send in USEM " and the girl answered " we are not allowed to send it there, we don't send any docs in USEM". She answered " I can give it to you and send it by yourself or I will return it back in the airport or Main Office or I don't know ". I was thinking that time, what Am I gonna do, I am not supposed to touch the documents ( it's sealed and stamp of dates departed in Phils and arrival in Kuwait are there in the envelope ) ,it is against the process as the CO told me they are waiting for the docs from the Phils, therefore, I got nothing to do with it. I asked the girl " if I get it then what am I gonna do because your office should send it in USEM " she replied " you can throw it! and it's up to you. bring it in our main office ". I have decided, I took the docs and I went in the embassy and told the girl from the window the story why I have the docs and THANK GOD! they accepted it and now I am waiting for the consulate section to contact me for the next procedure. I was just being positive that they will not have a negative thought that I brought the docs with me as it was sealed and dates are stamped and that I couldn't be a false document.

That's good news. Hope you have your visa shortly.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello!

I hope you can answer me because I was trying to check if there is someone with the same situation like mine.

I have dropped my passport in USembassy today and will wait for their call once my visa is already issued,

But my situation is, my company allowed me to stay until 31st march 2016, if my visa will be issued January ( hopefully ) and I will travel on April 1 or 2.

my Kuwait Police Clearance is expired January and my medical is until April 14 as 6 months is the validity.

Question is, do I have to get another Police Clearance? Or will I be needing it in USA for the completion of my immigrant status?

OR it's fine?

Regarding my medical - do i have to get married and process my AOS before it expires? Or it's okay? Then have another medical in US?

I am so worried about these 2 things... :(

Thank you in advance

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.