Saylin

NVC Filers - June 2015

1,017 posts in this topic

pam johnson, I am in the same situation as you and here are the 2 options I found on the NVC website:

option 1: "If none of the above apply and you are using the income of other household members to meet the minimum income requirement. The sponsor must complete Form I-864 and each household member must complete Form I-864A"

option 2: If none of the above apply and:

1. You do not meet the minimum income requirement and are using a joint sponsor, and
  2. You are not using the income of other household members to qualify.

The sponsor and the joint sponsor must each complete Form I-864

So, if you just use one family member as the sponsor they fill the 1-864 with your husband. This is the way i'm filing, since my dad's income is enough and don't need other family members to meet the income requirement. But if they file taxes together you sould do option 1 like you metioned.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

These extra ten days make no sense. This is an existing problem for a month now. At the bottom of their message they say that if after ten days you're still not able to acces ds260, theyl will put you thru to a software geek. Why not start doing that now?! As NVC states themselves: there's a large number of applicants.........

apparently they are unlocking the problem manually for each applicant ?!

and it seems like the people who just mailed their IV fee a few days have the payment unlocked online aready, whereas people who mailed the IV fee a few weeks ago are still waiting.

Submit DS-261 : 2015-03-22

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-03-25

Receive IV Bill : 2015-04-30

Pay IV Bill : 2015-05-14

Send IV & AOS Package : 2015-05-11

Completed DS260 : 2015-06-23

Checklist : 2015-06-30

New Scan date : 2015-07-06

Put on supervisor review : 2015-08-05

CC : 2015-10-14

Interview date : 2015-12-08

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Finally decided to send IV fee by Mail..... :(

Here is the money order I made for it...

Kindly check and tell me if its OK to send....

And I have to send IV FEE INVOICE and MONEY ORDER only,

no third document.. Right?

If you are the only applicant and no children or anything, yes. Make sure to add invoice.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

If you are the only applicant and no children or anything, yes. Make sure to add invoice.

JULY-08-2014 PRIORITY DATE

OCT-19-2015 INTERVIEW

RESULT ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING

MUCH AWAITED UPDATES :

OCT-19-2015

OCT-20-2015

OCT-27-2015

NOV-17-2015 (most likely it was due to my email inquiry)

JAN-08-2016 (due to my email inquiry)

FEB-09-2016 (first real update)

MAR-08-2016

MAR-09-2016

MAR-10-2016 ISSUED

pam johnson, I am in the same situation as you and here are the 2 options I found on the NVC website:

option 1: "If none of the above apply and you are using the income of other household members to meet the minimum income requirement. The sponsor must complete Form I-864 and each household member must complete Form I-864A"

1. You do not meet the minimum income requirement and are using a joint sponsor, and

So, if you just use one family member as the sponsor they fill the 1-864 with your husband. This is the way i'm filing, since my dad's income is enough and don't need other family members to meet the income requirement. But if they file taxes together you sould do option 1 like you metioned.

ok, my husband will use the income of his dad, so meaning his dad must complete I 864A. And this is a contract between my husband(Sponsor) and his dad(co sponsor)...But....his dad and his mom are filing taxes JOINTLY... I believe his mom must complete I 864A as well. But now, my question is who is going to sign on his mom's form? Is it between mom and my husband OR between mom and dad?

ok, my husband will use the income of his dad, so meaning his dad must complete I 864A. And this is a contract between my husband(Sponsor) and his dad(co sponsor)...But....his dad and his mom are filing taxes JOINTLY... I believe his mom must complete I 864A as well. But now, my question is who is going to sign on his mom's form? Is it between mom and my husband OR between mom and dad?

March 18, 2015 = Sent I-130

March 26, 2015 = NOA1 ( Nebraska Service Center)

March 23, 2015 = Priority Date

April 20, 2015 = NOA2

April 28, 2015 = Case was sent to NVC

May 18, 2015 = Received case number and Invoice ID by phone

May 29, 2015 = Filled DS-261

June 1, 2015 = Received Welcome Letter from NVC

June 2, 2015 = AOS "PAID"

June 5, 2015 = Sent AOS/IV packet

June 10, 2015 = SCAN DATE :whistle: :bonk:

June 12, 2015 = DS 261 Completed

June 16, 2015 = Received IV invoice

June 29, 2015 = Mailed IV payment

July 7, 2015 = PAID IV on CEAC and filed out DS 260

July 10, 2015 = checklist email

"I love my Alabama Boy"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

apparently they are unlocking the problem manually for each applicant ?!

and it seems like the people who just mailed their IV fee a few days have the payment unlocked online aready, whereas people who mailed the IV fee a few weeks ago are still waiting.

story of my life lol

Dads - between dad and your husband

Moms - between mom and your husband

Both are promising to your sponsor (your husband) they are going to help by using their income .

story of my life lol

Dads - between dad and your husband

Moms - between mom and your husband

Both are promising to your sponsor (your husband) they are going to help by using their income .

They are filing taxes jointly. His dad's annual income is $55,000. Is it really required for mom to complete 864a?

April 20, 2015 = NOA2

"I love my Alabama Boy"

Timeline

They are filing taxes jointly. His dad's annual income is $55,000. Is it really required for mom to complete 864a?

I did it the same way to answer your question on the other post, and it's not required my dad made enough standing alone as well so it's up to you, I used both so there was 0 chance of them giving me some stupid checklist for not including my mom cause they file together .

I did it the same way to answer your question on the other post, and it's not required my dad made enough standing alone as well so it's up to you, I used both so there was 0 chance of them giving me some stupid checklist for not including my mom cause they file together .

Oh wowthank you so much...it really helpful...Now, we are ready to send our documents....

April 20, 2015 = NOA2

"I love my Alabama Boy"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

:dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

my daughter got a CC today (by phone) i could of kissed the rep!!

my case is still requested by the supervisor, but whatever, for now im just happy that we made progress!! :thumbs:

SD 04/23

supervisor review for DS 260 on 05/27

supervisor review for the documents on 06/02

CC on 06/ 04

P.S

her status for AOS didnt change to N/A

Edited by *iri*

Timeline

Oh wowthank you so much...it really helpful...Now, we are ready to send our documents....

no problem id rather help someone avoid a checklist for some silly reason that they try to do, I had no issues doing it this way just go over every little line and box and make sure everyone's signed and dated and done everything good luck .

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

In DS260, regarding previous employer address, should I put its current address or the address when I was working there?

I ask because this employer just recently moved to a different location.

So my previous submitted G325a has the old address, and now with DS260, what should I fill?

If I fill the new address, it won't be consistent with G325a.

If I fill the old address, I am not sure if it is the correct information either.

Please kindly comment.

Thank you!

no problem id rather help someone avoid a checklist for some silly reason that they try to do, I had no issues doing it this way just go over every little line and box and make sure everyone's signed and dated and done everything good luck .

Ok..one more question please....:)

On my husband's I 864, in part 6, does he need to put both parent's name?

April 20, 2015 = NOA2

"I love my Alabama Boy"

Timeline

After 2 months a small victory just happen my iv fee was processed by mail on The 27th of May and until just a hour ago it's always said 0.00 now it says 325 and would allow me to pay it so hopefully soon it will go to paid because I have indeed already paid it . Finallyyy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.