Saylin

NVC Filers - June 2015

1,017 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hope y'all doing good. Any May 2015(Nebraska service center) fillers ? I'm a newbie on here

your in the wrong thread all of us are at the nvc and are no longer at the service centers .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uruguay
Timeline

WHATS WRONG WITH NVC?? TODAY DAY 34/30 AFTER A CHECKLIST.. THE LADY TOLD ME TO GIVE THEM TILL FRIDAY TO REVIEW MY CASE, IF NOT TO ASK FOR A SUPERVISOR.??? SO WILL THE SUPERVISOR COMPLETE MY CASE THOUGH THE PHONE OR DO I HAVE TO WAIT MORE AND MORE ???

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi, my attorney is attempting to gouge me for more $$$$ and I'm thinking of dropping him , I am at the NVC stage now with the first checklist april 27th and second one june 12th . and before that RFE from uscis . 6 month of delay because of him . Takes him forever to send stuffs and answering calls , Emails etc etc ,,,,

A good friend send me to him , He hire him 10 years ago now he got to big AND fancy . I guess his too busy to give #$%%^ about small cases .

Does anyone know how I change the Agent to me (the petitioner) and how long this will delay things? Does anyone have any experience doing this?

BTW anytime he gots emails from NVC i do too ,

Please help.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi, my attorney is attempting to gouge me for more $$$$ and I'm thinking of dropping him , I am at the NVC stage now with the first checklist april 27th and second one june 12th . and before that RFE from uscis . 6 month of delay because of him . Takes him forever to send stuffs and answering calls , Emails etc etc ,,,,

A good friend send me to him , He hire him 10 years ago now he got to big AND fancy . I guess his too busy to give #$%%^ about small cases .

Does anyone know how I change the Agent to me (the petitioner) and how long this will delay things? Does anyone have any experience doing this?

Please help.

This process doesn't really require an attorney, unless there is special condition that require special attention (i.e. previous visa denial, overstaying a visa, etc.) or you want the convenience of having someone taking care of things for you - otherwise, you can just read up about the process here or on the official websites and do it yourself, like most here.

If you got 2 RFEs it seems like your attorney is not doing what he/she was supposed to do: to make sure your documents are perfect and this process gets done fast without any hiccups.

As you said, they get the same e-mails as you at the same time. They do not receive any special treatment at the NVC, there's no secret "attorney hotline" that will answer them first. They can't really expedite things once they have been submitted.

I-130 for Spouse

USCIS

10/14/2014 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

10/22/2014 - NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

04/01/2015 - NOA2 (161 days)

NVC

04/16/2015 - NVC Received

04/23/2015 - Case # assigned / DS-261 completed

04/24/2015 - AOS fee invoiced and paid

04/30/2015 - AOS+IV packages mailed

05/04/2015 - AOS+IV packages received (scan date)

05/15/2015 - IV fee money order payment confirmed

06/03/2015 - Checklist received: missing DS-260 form

06/19/2015 - DS-260 available online and submitted

07/31/2015 - Case Complete (107 days from arriving @NVC or 89 days from scan date)

Embassy

08/25/2015 - Scheduled interview

09/21/2015 - Interview, approved!

10/02/2015 - Passport received

10/04/2015 - POE! (348 days from NOA1)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Please help.

i still want to believe the june 12 emails are due to a bug, my cousin was asked for the same UK PCC which she sent on may 12, instead of CC she got checklist for same thing, is yours same of different item on checklist? you want to call and ask nvc if you dont know what the item is

I tried so many time to talk to supervisor but never can make it! They didn't let me talk to! I didn't involve my state official yet, I'm thinking about it. That's the last hope.

Timeline

This process doesn't really require an attorney, unless there is special condition that require special attention (i.e. previous visa denial, overstaying a visa, etc.) or you want the convenience of having someone taking care of things for you - otherwise, you can just read up about the process here or on the official websites and do it yourself, like most here.

If you got 2 RFEs it seems like your attorney is not doing what he/she was supposed to do: to make sure your documents are perfect and this process gets done fast without any hiccups.

As you said, they get the same e-mails as you at the same time. They do not receive any special treatment at the NVC, there's no secret "attorney hotline" that will answer them first. They can't really expedite things once they have been submitted.

I was too busy during that time when i hire him , plus i didn't know about visajouney . Too late to cry over the past now ! It was my mistake . Thanks man

Timeline

i still want to believe the june 12 emails are due to a bug, my cousin was asked for the same UK PCC which she sent on may 12, instead of CC she got checklist for same thing, is yours same of different item on checklist? you want to call and ask nvc if you dont know what the item is

I did call nvc twice and they confirm it . The only diffrence this time is that they asking for my I-864 . The first checklist was for my sponsor 2014 tax documents

Plus two errors in the form

Timeline

I did call nvc twice and they confirm it . The only diffrence this time is that they asking for my I-864 . The first checklist was for my sponsor 2014 tax documents

Plus two errors in the form

fire him, like now . Call nvc and inform them you have fired your lawyer and no longer want him as the agent . They will either tell you to re submit the 261 or they'll change it for you .

Timeline

fire him, like now . Call nvc and inform them you have fired your lawyer and no longer want him as the agent . They will either tell you to re submit the 261 or they'll change it for you .

You made my DAY ! LOL . I was wating for one more person to told me that . DONE WITH HIM

Timeline

You made my DAY ! LOL . I was wating for one more person to told me that . DONE WITH HIM

no reason to pay someone that clearly isn't doing the job right, lol your iq is well good enough to go from here without him .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

FYI

I just got of the phone with them.

I was talking to a actually very cool lady who said this :

- they were hoping the website will be fixed over the weekend but they are seeing A LOT of mistakes that it appears that is some cases it's getting worse

- there is absolutely no guarantee that the information on the website is a correct one

- it's best to call them directly

She apologized for the delay and the website issues, which was nice to hear but it's so not her fault.

It felt good to talk to someone who gave a bit more info on our case then the usual 'you have to wait'

As for our case, the DS261 was reviewed on 6/1, but no bill was generated as it was supposed to be within 3-7 days (original estimate, from 6/1, by quite few reps)

Our case was placed on supervisor review, for the IV bill.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

The welcome letter has your Case and ID number in it which you will need for further processing. It also holds instructions on what to do next.

It usually doesnt take that long from the date that NVC receives your package from USCIS and assigning a case number. For us for example it took 7 days. Take in account a few extra days before they notify you.

Thank you for your reply. Thats a good relief to know that the WELCOME LETTER has my Case And ID number. The NVC process really has changed a lot. When me and hubby was on our visa journey before, there was no Welcome letter from NVC at all. I just kept on calling to get hold of the case number and IIN. I will still try my luck to call them again.

USCIS

Dec. 6,2012 - PD
Dec. 7,2012 - noa1
Sept.6,2012 - Received email from USCIS, case transferred from NBC to Local Atlanta office.
- Scheduled hubby for INFO PASS dated Sept.26,2012

Sept.21,2012 - Hubby received a call from USCIS Lady doing a "PHONE INTERVIEW".
Sept.24,2012- Received Text & Email " CASE APPROVED"
Sept.26,2012- Hubby still went to his INFO PASS appointment to asked further assitance for the next stage.
Sept.28,2012- Received Noa2 Hard copy

NVC

Oct.22,2013 - NVC received file
Nov.5, 2013 - Received Case # and Invoice ID Number
Nov.6, 2013 - Received Email for AOS & FEE Bill
Nov.8, 2013 - AOS & IV payment status " IN PROCESS"
Nov.12,2013- AOS & IV payment status "PAID"
Nov.21,2013- DS-260 submitted
Dec.9,2013 - AOS & IV package sent
Dec.13,2013- False checklist received. Called NVC to confirm and they said just ignore it. Its like a confirmation
they received our documents.
Jan.14,2014 - Called NVC and heared our document was reviewed Jan.9 - and we got a checklist
on AOS & IV.

Jan.15,2014- Received official email checklist

Jan.15,2014- Responded to IV checklist in the afternoon. Sending my NBI CLEARANCE (again) Thru FedEx.

Jan 17,2014- NVC received FedEx document at 9:40a.m. signed by G.Peters

Jan 17,2014- Hubby took a half day off at work to dropped off personally to the lawyer's office, a checklist on his
AOS.

Jan.21,2014- IV checklist reviewed

Jan. 29,2014- AOS checklist reviewed

Feb. 20, 2014 - CASE COMPLETE

Feb. 27, 2014 - Received Official Email..Case Complete

Feb, 28, 2014 - Received P4

April 1, 2014 - INTERVIEW DATE 9:30a.m.

THE BAHAMAS - PORT OF ENTRY

APRIL 10,2014 "HOME SWEET HOME" with hubby

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.