KASH2011

N-400 June 2015 Filers

1,718 posts in this topic

I am sorry I haven't been able to write about the appointment, I have been very busy. Anyway, this is how it went:

My appointment was on September 22nd, 2015 at 10:50am. I arrived at 10:40am, went through the security check and gave my paper to the lady in the front counter (there were 3 people ahead of me), I was given a ticket at 10:53am and I was told to sit and wait. About 20 minutes later, this nice lady came out and took me to her office, she told me to put binder I had with me on one of the sits, asked me not to sit down, she made me swear that I was going to tell the truth, then she asked me to sit down. She started looking through my file, she asked me who owns the house, I told her that it is currently under my name. She asked me what would happen if I pass away, I told her that my wife will get the house, she said that here in Florida that is not a guaranteed thing, and that I need to add my wife to the tile. I told her that I have not done it cause of the money. Then she asked me about to recent trips I made in July and September for 10 days each ( deaths in the family), I had the paperwork ready for her to see it, she took it and added the into to the original form that I had mailed. Then she asked me about a violation of probation I had in 1993 (DUI), I explained to her the incident (missed 2 probation appointments), then she asked me if I owe any taxes, I answered "no". The she went ahead and move on to the English test, asked me: who is the Father of Our Country? She asked me to write the answer on a piece of paper. Then she went to the civics questions, she asked me: 1. Who is in charge of the Executive Branch. 2. What is the name of the Vice president of the USA. 3. There are 4 amendments to the Constitution about who can vote, to describe one of them. 5. Name one right only for US Citizens. 6. Who did the United States fight in the WW II. The office asked me if I ever registered to vote, my answer was "no", she also asked me if I ever claimed to be a US Citizen, and if I ever lied to gain immigration benefits, my answer was "no" to both. After that she went ahead and started talking about going to State.gov and start filling out the form for the passport (right there and then, I knew I was good to go). She also told me that I was going to have to wait outside for the paperwork cause the Oath Ceremony was going to be soon and they could not mail the letter. She asked me to sign the paperwork. She said "Congratulations, you are approved"!!!!!! She took me back to the waiting room, I had to wait about 45 minutes, a lady from one of the windows called me, gave me the paperwork for the Oath Ceremony which is this Friday 10/2/2015. I am so happy!!!!! Thank you all for the support, and for those of you that are still waiting, your day will come soon! God Bless!!!!

I am sorry I haven't been able to write about the appointment, I have been very busy. Anyway, this is how it went:

My appointment was on September 22nd, 2015 at 10:50am. I arrived at 10:40am, went through the security check and gave my paper to the lady in the front counter (there were 3 people ahead of me), I was given a ticket at 10:53am and I was told to sit and wait. About 20 minutes later, this nice lady came out and took me to her office, she told me to put binder I had with me on one of the sits, asked me not to sit down, she made me swear that I was going to tell the truth, then she asked me to sit down. She started looking through my file, she asked me who owns the house, I told her that it is currently under my name. She asked me what would happen if I pass away, I told her that my wife will get the house, she said that here in Florida that is not a guaranteed thing, and that I need to add my wife to the tile. I told her that I have not done it cause of the money. Then she asked me about to recent trips I made in July and September for 10 days each ( deaths in the family), I had the paperwork ready for her to see it, she took it and added the into to the original form that I had mailed. Then she asked me about a violation of probation I had in 1993 (DUI), I explained to her the incident (missed 2 probation appointments), then she asked me if I owe any taxes, I answered "no". The she went ahead and move on to the English test, asked me: who is the Father of Our Country? She asked me to write the answer on a piece of paper. Then she went to the civics questions, she asked me: 1. Who is in charge of the Executive Branch. 2. What is the name of the Vice president of the USA. 3. There are 4 amendments to the Constitution about who can vote, to describe one of them. 5. Name one right only for US Citizens. 6. Who did the United States fight in the WW II. The office asked me if I ever registered to vote, my answer was "no", she also asked me if I ever claimed to be a US Citizen, and if I ever lied to gain immigration benefits, my answer was "no" to both. After that she went ahead and started talking about going to State.gov and start filling out the form for the passport (right there and then, I knew I was good to go). She also told me that I was going to have to wait outside for the paperwork cause the Oath Ceremony was going to be soon and they could not mail the letter. She asked me to sign the paperwork. She said "Congratulations, you are approved"!!!!!! She took me back to the waiting room, I had to wait about 45 minutes, a lady from one of the windows called me, gave me the paperwork for the Oath Ceremony which is this Friday 10/2/2015. I am so happy!!!!! Thank you all for the support, and for those of you that are still waiting, your day will come soon! God Bless!!!!

congratulations

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Congrats!

my_logo.png

Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number NBC*xxxxxxxxxx, with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony. You should receive your notice within 30 days of its mailing date. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Dear Suzy,

I couldn't have said any better. Yes this will be over one day and there is light in the end of the tunnel this is my 16th year in this immigration system through employment H1's, EADs , AP's Green Card, and now N-400. This is a reward of following the right honest path. And not to deal with USCIS ever again is a huge relief to say the least. I wish you good luck in your case.

I have been stuck in name check since june 30th and no update till now. Went for an info-pass last month but same old bs that we just have to wait. I am thinking of putting in a change of address to a different state so the file can move away from St.Louis, Mo office to another and maybe that will speed up the process. I work two weeks out of a month in Memphis, TN and two weeks in St.Louis. I also have an apartment there since last 5 years. Not sure if it will further delay the processing. Please advice.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

my_logo.png

Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number NBC*xxxxxxxxxx, with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony. You should receive your notice within 30 days of its mailing date. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Almost there...!

Congratulatios huckerman :-) ????????

thanks you ??????????

Congratulatios huckerman :-) ????????

do you get you pasport already?

At 7pm today, I received a text message stating that my case has been updated. I logged on to the USCIS website and voilà! Case updated to "Oath Ceremony was mailed". They surely move fast here in Los Angeles. Just wanted to update you guys. I still owe all of you a full detailed recap on my interview experience. I'll post it over the weekend and hopefully I'll also have my notice by then. Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.