KASH2011

N-400 June 2015 Filers

1,718 posts in this topic

So frustrated. My wife and I did our applications on the same day back in June.

We had biometrics back in September, maybe even August.

She had her interview back in October, and her ceremony in December and is a USC.

Mine? Nothing. I've had my biometrics etc back in September and then have heard nothing. Attorney says my wife's was processed 'unusually fast', yes others in the filers for June group have been completed already (most but not all).

They are now putting in a third information request as its out of normal processing times.

Should I call anyway? I just KNOW they have lost me somewhere in the system, but don't have a route to get an answer.

She had her interview back in October, and her ceremony in December and is a USC.

Mine? Nothing. I've had my biometrics etc back in September and then have heard nothing. Attorney says my wife's was processed 'unusually fast', yes others in the filers for June group have been completed already (most but not all).

They are now putting in a third information request as its out of normal processing times.

Should I call anyway? I just KNOW they have lost me somewhere in the system, but don't have a route to get an answer.

Your case is stuck in FBI name check and background checks like mine and several others. Ladies usually fly through this step generally. They consider out of normal processing time 90 days past processing date Santa Ana is still showing June 26 but the new processing dates will be updated around 15th of each month. You can call speak to level two immigration officer and try to open a service request through him/her or inquire through you Senator or Congressman But background checks needs to take its time as USCIS can't put you inline for interview unless they are done. I guess we all have to be patient.

Anyone else from June 2015 filers have any movement in their cases who were waiting for interview ?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My case is very similar to yours. Me and my wife filed on 6/18/15 and completed biometrics appt. on 7/13/15. Wife became a citizen on 9/25/15 and my case status is still says "Case was Received."

I have called number of times and everytime Level 2 officer gives me different answers. One was rude enough to hang up on me! They opened two inquires.. one in Dec and one in Jan as they confirmed that my case is outside normal processing time. Both inquiries were closed very next day with generic replies saying delay is "workload related".

Called two weeks back again and this level 2 officer was nice enough to go though my case and said that he can open one more inquiry but he doubted that the USCIS reply will change. As per him my case does not have any problems and should have been adjudicated by now. It is at the local field office and not moving. He asked me to get a infopass and demand answers(he said its my right to question)... if the answers are not satisfactory he asked me to escalate to a supervisor during infopass. If this does not work, he asked me to open a case with CIS Ombudsman with all history.

Infopass is this weekend.

**Super Frustrated**

Thank you both for your replies.

On one hand I'm not in any hurry - I have my GC and of course can work etc. But dammit my wife and kids are USCs and I'm the one who got the damn GC lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Thank you both for your replies.

On one hand I'm not in any hurry - I have my GC and of course can work etc. But dammit my wife and kids are USCs and I'm the one who got the damn GC lol

Same here LOL. My wife and daughter are US citizens and im a GC. :) Not in a hurry though

So USCIS replied to my service request and their statement is below:

The status of this service request is:

Due to workload factors not related to your case, USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case. USCIS is committed to adjudicating immigration benefits in the order received and in a timely and efficient manner. We regret any inconvenience that results from delays in processing.

-----Adjustment of Status for both Parents-----------------------------------------------

05/11/2018: Mailed documents I130, I485, I131,I693, NBC for Adjustment of Status

05/16/2018: Received Date/ Priority Date - NOA Received

05/25/2018: Received NOA Bio-metrics for I485 Appt: 06/10/2018

06/10/2018: Bio-metrics are completed

06/12/2018: Received RFE requesting for a Birth Certificate for both parents

07/28/2018: Responded to RFE, sent their non availability of birth certificate copy

08/02/2018: Online status changed to " Request for Evidence was Received"

08/29/2018: Made an info pass appointment requesting for expediting Travel document as parents had to travel India. Expedite request was rejected 

09/14/2018: I131 Parole document was Approved

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Same here LOL. My wife and daughter are US citizens and im a GC. :) Not in a hurry though

So USCIS replied to my service request and their statement is below:

The status of this service request is:

Due to workload factors not related to your case, USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case. USCIS is committed to adjudicating immigration benefits in the order received and in a timely and efficient manner. We regret any inconvenience that results from delays in processing.

I got the same reply twice. This is BS.

Timeline

I got the same reply twice. This is BS.

Yep i agree! Sheer BS!

-----Adjustment of Status for both Parents-----------------------------------------------

05/11/2018: Mailed documents I130, I485, I131,I693, NBC for Adjustment of Status

07/28/2018: Responded to RFE, sent their non availability of birth certificate copy

08/29/2018: Made an info pass appointment requesting for expediting Travel document as parents had to travel India. Expedite request was rejected 

Timeline

I have a service request in also, I'm sure the same response will come through.

Looks like our Local office is the same - "Santa Ana"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Looks like our Local office is the same - "Santa Ana"

I've been following office trends for the last few years and yours has consistently been one of the slowest offices in the country. Just based on my own impressions, Atlanta used to be the worst, then got much better. Houston and Seattle were slow then sped up considerably then slowed down a little again. Boston and New York were slow but have both improved. The offices in Ohio; especially Cincinnati and Cleveland, but also Columbus; are unusually fast and have been for a while. But Santa Ana has been very slow for every applicant I've come across (there may be some that I missed). So while it must be awful to have to wait, I don't think you should worry about your cases being special in any bad way. Edited by JimmyHou

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

What about El Paso? Do you anything about it?

I've been following office trends for the last few years and yours has consistently been one of the slowest offices in the country. Just based on my own impressions, Atlanta used to be the worst, then got much better. Houston and Seattle were slow then sped up considerably then slowed down a little again. Boston and New York were slow but have both improved. The offices in Ohio; especially Cincinnati and Cleveland, but also Columbus; are unusually fast and have been for a while. But Santa Ana has been very slow for every applicant I've come across (there may be some that I missed). So while it must be awful to have to wait, I don't think you should worry about your cases being special in any bad way.

Naturalization Journey

Feb 08 16: N-400 sent

Feb 09 16: N-400 delivered

Feb 23 16: NOA received

Mar 15 16: Fingerprints

Apr 05 16: In line for interview

Apr 11 16: Interview scheduled

Apr 15 16: Interview letter received

Jun 09 16: Interview

Jul 22 16: Oath Ceremony

I am a US citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

What about El Paso? Do you anything about it?

No, sorry. I listed the ones that were unusually slow or fast... most of the others fall in the middle somewhere.

Of course, there are other fast and slow offices that I just haven't read much about. And there are always exceptional cases even within those fast and slow offices.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Timeline

I've been following office trends for the last few years and yours has consistently been one of the slowest offices in the country. Just based on my own impressions, Atlanta used to be the worst, then got much better. Houston and Seattle were slow then sped up considerably then slowed down a little again. Boston and New York were slow but have both improved. The offices in Ohio; especially Cincinnati and Cleveland, but also Columbus; are unusually fast and have been for a while. But Santa Ana has been very slow for every applicant I've come across (there may be some that I missed). So while it must be awful to have to wait, I don't think you should worry about your cases being special in any bad way.

JimmyHou, you're absolutely right, Santa Ana service center by far has been as slow as a tortoise. But i think some cases are different or may be just lucky... if you can see the below case :)

UserName.........|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd|NOA..|Fprints.|In Line..|Int ltr..|Intview..|Oath.....|Field Office

mcfei............|09/17/10|06/02|06/08|06/12|07/02/15|07/07/15.|08/01/15.|09/02/15.|09/22/15.|Santa Ana, CA (interview in LA instead)

Nevin............|08/01/12|06/01|06/08|06/12|07/02/15|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Santa Ana, CA

Just got my 'sorry we're really busy, nothing to do with your case blah blah blah' after my last service inquiry.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.