KASH2011

I-751 June 2015 Filers

602 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

So I received a letter of approval Friday (yay!).

Date of Decision: 05-31-2016

Date Letter Received: 06-03-2016

The letter also says that I should receive my green card within 60 days, during which I cannot travel outside of the US. I don't have any plans to travel outside the US, but I am also hoping to file for my citizenship on June 20th (earliest date possible). I know I can't file until I get my new green card, but does it really take 60 days?!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

We just received 'Congratulations' letter about being approved and the new card is being created. However, my wife's online status still shows the case was received (no notification via email or text either).

Anyway, I did contact my congresswoman and senator couple weeks ago - because we were nervous about one-year-extension being expired on June 1st and couldn't get infopass appointment in DC area. Last week on Friday, we managed to get an infopass appointment. But today, it seems like we're approved. So we're going to wait if the greencard arrives before the appointment we're just going to cancel it.

I'd say if you're nearing the one-year extension and can't get stupid infopass appointment contact your congressman - they're very helpful!

Congrats!

The letter also says that I should receive my green card within 60 days, during which I cannot travel outside of the US. I don't have any plans to travel outside the US, but I am also hoping to file for my citizenship on June 20th (earliest date possible). I know I can't file until I get my new green card, but does it really take 60 days?!

Congrats on your approval! You should receive your GC in about 1-4 weeks unless otherwise! Not to say that it can't happen but rarely does it take 60 days!

I received my GC 10 days after the approval date. 60 days would be very uncommon. Usually it is received within about 2 weeks

Met in Australia: January 2011
Engaged in USA on visit: 22nd September 2011
K1 Visa received: 1st June 2012
Entered US: 19th June 2012
Married: 30th June 2012

AP Document received: 3rd November 2012
EAD Card received: 27th November 2012
Conditional Green Card received: 26th July 2013

ROC approved: 3rd May 2016
Permanent Green Card received: 13th May 2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi, Thanks for sharing. Could you share with me more on how you got in touch with the local Senator?

I searched Senator Blumenthal and he is a senator for CT.

Thanks.

Hey ctracker, any updates? I don't know if you see it but the official VSC processing time was updated to June 29th yesterday. If you haven't got approved yet, your case is now officially outside normal processing. You may call the customer service any time and they will not give you a hard time escalating your call to Tier 2 anymore. Good luck!

Filed: Other Country: Laos
Timeline

Hi Charmander,

Thanks for asking. I traveled back to Thailand and just returned today.

The airline counter agent (Cathay) had to verify with the US local immigration to make sure that it was OK for me to travel with an expired green card. As we all know, different people, including USCIS agents, have different interpretation of when the 1-year expiration date is (some think it is the date of the I-751 notice, some think it is the date on the green card). I made sure I flew back before whichever document will expire first (the I-751 notice).

Once arrived, the officer at JFK today looked at the green card, mumbled, "expired, huh?", looked at the I-751 notice, keyed in information on his computer with privacy protected screen and asked me what I do in New York for a living. I said I am a "xxxxxx" (healthcare professional) and he said, "Why would someone from Phuket want to come and live in New York and be stuck in traffic? I guess the grass is always greener, huh?"

I was about to ask the officer if he could see in the system about my case status..... I thought about it for a split second and gathered all my documents and went to carousel 2 for another long wait for my luggage.

I submitted a case request online today and I received the electronic confirmation below,

"Thank you for your request:
USCIS will review and process the request
Expect a reply by July 9, 2016
Your request ID number is SR#######3527VSC"

I also called USCIS to request to speak to an agent. I was told that the officer will call back.

About 2 hours later, an officer called back. I gave him my case information. He informed me that the case is at Vermont Service Center and that it has been assigned to an agent today. He confirmed with me that there was no security clearance issues and that I should receive notification soon. He told me that Vermont Service Center is very behind and appreciate my patience.

While waiting for the USCIS agent to call me back, I also contacted my local senator, https://www.gillibrand.senate.gov/services/casework/form/. I filled out all the necessary paperwork, scanned all necessary documents, and submitted the electronic paperwork to Gillibrand.

I am doing everything that others have done.

Wish me luck!

Hey ctracker, any updates? I don't know if you see it but the official VSC processing time was updated to June 29th yesterday. If you haven't got approved yet, your case is now officially outside normal processing. You may call the customer service any time and they will not give you a hard time escalating your call to Tier 2 anymore. Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Wife submitted I-751 end May, received I-797 on 3 June 2015, extension letter end date of 8/22/2016 (1 year after end date of Green Card), stamped Biometrics appt. 2 July 2015, still waiting on approval notice. My experience of USCIS case status pages for K-1 and for Conditional Status is that they don't update the pages until after the case is formally adjudicated which is usually about the same week you receive the paper notice in the mail. My question is how long does it take for them from the time they start reviewing your case to finish reviewing and disposition your case? I'm sure it varies based on package received, unluckiness of having name matches with undesirable individuals. Also, of course, staffing, holidays, etc. But it would sure be good to hear from a USCIS staffer, or former staffer, about the "usual" time. As we are tired of paying for driver's licenses annually (it has been over 3.5 years and 3 licenses so far). Not to mention, the expiration date of the extension letter is approaching and would trip other computers that feed into it ~ creating several imaginable headaches, and undoubtedly some yet unconsidered ones as well.

Edited by Big Baby

I am one of the two couples from CSC who are still waiting for approval for my husband's ROC petition. We put in an online request for customer service. We are nearing his one year anniversary since he filed. His one year extension for his green card will run out in Sept. 2016.

Is this common? I know we should contact a congressman or senator. But I just cannot believe why is this taking so long? The process prior to all this has been quite smooth and nothing like this?

Starting to wonder what is going on? No RFE or interview request at all. :blink:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I submitted divorce waiver 6/25/15 and still waiting...got RFE on 4/11/16 and replied 6/8/16 so now it's 3 weeks after RFE. Really look forward to an update, even an interview notice!

------------------------------------------------------------

2003-08-21: first visit to US on F-1

2009-09-17: first met ex-spouse

2013-05-14: re-entered US on K-1

2013-05-20: married to ex-spouse

2013-12-27: received conditional green card

2014-04-01: separated from ex-spouse

2014-10-01: divorced from ex-spouse

2015-06-25: sent I-751

2016-04-11: received RFE

2016-06-08: sent RFE reply

2016-09-20: new card ordered

2016-09-23: new card mailed

2016-09-28: new card picked up by USPS

2016-09-30: new card delivered

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I had to LOOK WAY back to find this June 2015 thread. But I want to update and share that my hubby got approved (FINALLY) today. So for everyone who's waiting and waiting even after a year. This ROC journey took us about 15 months. I have to say it was a bit lengthier than our original CR one. Never the less, we made it!

Be patient and sooner or LATER, all good things will come to an end. Best wishes! :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I had to LOOK WAY back to find this June 2015 thread. But I want to update and share that my hubby got approved (FINALLY) today. So for everyone who's waiting and waiting even after a year. This ROC journey took us about 15 months. I have to say it was a bit lengthier than our original CR one. Never the less, we made it!

Be patient and sooner or LATER, all good things will come to an end. Best wishes! :)

I am so happy for you! Would you mind sharing a bit of advice here with a frustrated June 2015 filer :) Did you write to your senator, congressman, or both to make the interview notice arrive faster? Thank you!

------------------------------------------------------------

2003-08-21: first visit to US on F-1

2009-09-17: first met ex-spouse

2013-05-14: re-entered US on K-1

2013-05-20: married to ex-spouse

2013-12-27: received conditional green card

2014-04-01: separated from ex-spouse

2014-10-01: divorced from ex-spouse

2015-06-25: sent I-751

2016-04-11: received RFE

2016-06-08: sent RFE reply

2016-09-20: new card ordered

2016-09-23: new card mailed

2016-09-28: new card picked up by USPS

2016-09-30: new card delivered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.