gavw72

APRIL FILERS AFTER NOA2 - NVC (CSC)

775 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Alright, so my fiance went to her medical today, we assumed she would need a sputum test, since she tried going to Taiwan many years ago but was denied because of the scar in her lungs. Well, miraculously, they saw the scar, but my fiance brought all of her medical records in proving she has never had TB, and one of the doctors knew the doctor who checked my fiance in July... So she made an edit in the computer cancelling the sputum test... how lucky we are!!! However, my fiance did cut her wrist in her teenage years and needs to see a psychiatrist two days after our interview date... so we will have it rescheduled..... which is fine by me, since I assumed I'd have to wait longer. I'm very happy now.

My original interview date was 8-26, but now I'm expecting it to be sometime in Sept. Good luck everyone!

My fiance just failed her interview in Manila because of letters so I would advise you to print out every single letter you have between you two. They won't accept text messages. Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

oh mark, i am so very sorry to hear this news! i was so hoping that the rest of your journey would go smoothly after everything that happened a little while back. :( is there no way to appeal the decision? is the only option to start everything all over again?

Thoughts and prayers for aileen and her family for the loss of her mother.

I am very very upset right now with the Philippine Embassy. My fiance failed her interview only because there were not enough printed letters between us. We started out emailing when we first met but then mostly used text messages after that. How can they say just based on that that we are not serious enough in love to get married? Now I have to pay another $1000 (her and her son) for another application plus medical exams again, plus trips to Manila again. Do you think her CO, a woman, may have had her own agenda? She also said I didn't have proof of my stay there with copies of my exit and entry stamps. I gave all that to NVC so why was it not given to the CO? Lots of questions. I am beside myself with anger. And to make matters worse the very day she gets rejected she finds out her mother passed away. A very very bad day.

Matt & Mish

:) 12/25/13 "Met" online (Instagram)

(L) 5/29/14 Became a couple

:wub: 2/4/15 First meeting in person (I spent almost 3 weeks in Brazil!)

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

6/27/15 Case received & case number assigned

6/30/15 Case shipped to Embassy in Rio

EMBASSY:

7/6/15 Case received by Embassy

7/20/15 Received "packet 3" email

9/18/15 Medical exam

9/29/15 Interview-APPROVED!!!

(F)"Every love story is beautiful; but ours is my favorite" (F)

Timeline

oh mark, i am so very sorry to hear this news! i was so hoping that the rest of your journey would go smoothly after everything that happened a little while back. :( is there no way to appeal the decision? is the only option to start everything all over again?

Thoughts and prayers for aileen and her family for the loss of her mother.

Thank you for the kind words Mish. I will pass them on to Aileen. I don't think there is any avenue to appeal. The CO just told her to reapply and do the medical again. I just wish their requirements were more clear and less ambiguous. How are we to know how many pages of letters will be needed? The CO even complained the letters were more about problems and less about love. Who are they to judge? We are all different and express our love differently.

Hi all - Just wanted to provide you all with an update on our interview last week. So my fiancé went by herself, I had planned to go but decided last minute to wait and go pick her when the visa is ready instead, and it went really smooth. She got through the whole thing no issues, except that.., don't ask me how, I forgot to include the Affidavit of Support (AS) form. So they handed her back her passport and white sheet of paper to return the following Thursday 8/27, with the (AS) form and her passport so they can begin processing the visa. Yes, it was bitter sweet but ultimately we are happy and moving forward with preparations for my visit and her soon departure.

The following day, last Friday, I emailed the Embassy with the (AS) form attached and a couple of more forms pertaining to financial support. I also asked if they can provide her an earlier date than Thursday. Well I got an email this morning letting me know that all the papers they received from me were sufficient and that all they needed was for her to bring her passport in on Wednesday 8/26, a day earlier. So we are super excited!! Best of luck to all still waiting, much prayers!

K1 Timeline:
01/01/2015 - Met through a friend while on vacation
02/12/2015 - 1st Visit (became official)
04/01/2015 - 2nd Visit (got engaged)

04/27/2015 - I-129F packet mailed via USPS

05/05/2015 - NOA1 via email and text NOA1 date: 4/30)

06/11/2015 - Electronic RFE via email

06/17/2015 - RFE response received at USCIS

06/26/2015 - NOA2 via email at 10:30 :)

07/20/2015 - NVC received

07/21/2015 - Case # assigned

07/23/2015 - Left NVC

07/27/2015 - Arrived at Embassy

07/28/2015 - Packet 4 received

07/29/2015 - Packet 4 sent

08/20/2015 - Interview Date :idea:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hi all - Just wanted to provide you all with an update on our interview last week. So my fiancé went by herself, I had planned to go but decided last minute to wait and go pick her when the visa is ready instead, and it went really smooth. She got through the whole thing no issues, except that.., don't ask me how, I forgot to include the Affidavit of Support (AS) form. So they handed her back her passport and white sheet of paper to return the following Thursday 8/27, with the (AS) form and her passport so they can begin processing the visa. Yes, it was bitter sweet but ultimately we are happy and moving forward with preparations for my visit and her soon departure.

The following day, last Friday, I emailed the Embassy with the (AS) form attached and a couple of more forms pertaining to financial support. I also asked if they can provide her an earlier date than Thursday. Well I got an email this morning letting me know that all the papers they received from me were sufficient and that all they needed was for her to bring her passport in on Wednesday 8/26, a day earlier. So we are super excited!! Best of luck to all still waiting, much prayers!

Congrats to you both !!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I'm happy to hear it all went ok and that they only want her passport. So they only needed the email and didn't need a hard copy? I guess it's good they will just let her come in with the passport rather than having to wait to mail it.

We'll keep on praying for you all!

Our CEAC status just changed to "Administrative Processing". I hope that's the "good" kind of AP

Spoiler

AOS

10/23/2015: File for AOS, AP and EAD

10/31/2015: NOA1 for AOS, AP and EAD

11/16/2015: Biometrics Appointment Letter received
11/25/2015: Biometrics Appointment
12/16/2015: e-mail about Interview scheduled for 2/10/2016
12/18/2015: Physical Interview Appointment in mail

01/25/2016: EAD & AP cards received in mail

02/10/2016: Interview @ local USCIS

02/11/2016: Approval

02/17/2016: GC received!

09/27/2017: Moved to FL

ROC

01/27/2018: Filed I751

02/05/2018: NOA1 received, GC extended for 1 year

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Super congrats.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi guys! Haven't posted in awhile, thought I would update! I've been visiting my fiancé since the end of June and now we are in Montreal for my medical and interview. I had my medical today and it went great, I pick up my results Thursday afternoon and my interview is on Friday morning! Pretty nervous but hoping it will all go fine. I will keep you guys posted. Congrats to everyone moving forward with interviews and approvals!

K1 Timeline
USCIS:

04/16/15: I-129f packet sent
04/17/15: I-129f packet received
04/21/15: Electronic NOA1 received - California Service Center
04/28/15: Hard copy NOA1 received
05/22/15: Electronic NOA2 received, case approved!

05/29/15: Hard copy NOA2 received
NVC:
06/08/15: NVC received our petition
06/11/15: NVC assigned case #
06/15/15: Case left NVC
U.S. Embassy:
06/23/15: Consulate received case
06/25/15: Packet 3 received and sent
07/06/15: Packet 4 received
08/24/15: Medical
08/28/15: Interview! APPROVED!
09/01/15: Administrative processing...
09/04/15: Issued..
09/10/15: Visa IN HAND
09/11/15: POE

09/23/15: Marriage

Adjustment of Status:
10/05/15: Mailed AOS, EAD, AP packet (FedEx)

10/06/15: Packet received @ Chicago

10/12/15: NOA1 received

11/06/15: Biometrics appointment
11/19/15: Case status "Ready to be scheduled for interview"

12/18/15: EAD/AP approved

02/10/16: AOS Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Congrats!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

CONGRATSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so happy for you both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :joy::joy::joy::joy:

wow, i can't believe the day is almost here!! best of luck to you!!!!!!!

Hi guys! Haven't posted in awhile, thought I would update! I've been visiting my fiancé since the end of June and now we are in Montreal for my medical and interview. I had my medical today and it went great, I pick up my results Thursday afternoon and my interview is on Friday morning! Pretty nervous but hoping it will all go fine. I will keep you guys posted. Congrats to everyone moving forward with interviews and approvals!

Matt & Mish

:) 12/25/13 "Met" online (Instagram)

(L) 5/29/14 Became a couple

:wub: 2/4/15 First meeting in person (I spent almost 3 weeks in Brazil!)

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

6/27/15 Case received & case number assigned

6/30/15 Case shipped to Embassy in Rio

EMBASSY:

7/6/15 Case received by Embassy

7/20/15 Received "packet 3" email

9/18/15 Medical exam

9/29/15 Interview-APPROVED!!!

(F)"Every love story is beautiful; but ours is my favorite" (F)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

hi all..my co-sponsor got all of his documents done and dated july 30th, since we were anticipating a sooner interview date. but we got assigned october 27..do you all think they will want documents that are more recent?

- - - - - - - -

Met November 2012!
I moved to Australia March 2013!
Engaged April 20th, 2015!
Petition sent 5-13-2015!
NOA1 5-17-2015!
NOA2 6-26-2015!
Left NVC for Sydney, Australia 7-21-2015!

"Ready" in Sydney 8-3-2015!

Interview Date 10-27-2015!

* APPROVED at Interview *

- - - - - - - -

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We just got back from the consulate and we were approved! So happy! Alex and I are going to celebrate tonight by going for a fancy dinner at the revolving restaurant here in Vancouver :)

08.10.2007- Started talking on IMDb
05.30.2009- Met in person
06.07.2014- Got engaged
K-1 Timeline
04.04.2015: I-129F Mailed
04.09.2015: Electronic NOA1 Received, sent to California Service Center
06.02.2015: NOA2!
06.05.2015 NOA2 Hardcopy
07.07.2015 Consulate Received
07.17.2015 Packet 3 received/submitted
07.17.2015 Packet 4 received
08.21.2015 Medical
08.25.2015 Interview-approved!
10.03.2015: POE ( Calgary International Airport)
11.13.15: Married my love <3

AOS Timeline

12.15.2015: I-485/I-765/I-131 and supporting documents mailed

12.22.2015: USCIS Received

12.24.2015: NOA Date (as found on I797's)

12.27.2015: NOA1 received by text email for all 3

01.02.2016: NOA1 received in mail

01.28.2016: Biometrics in Chula Vista

03.07.2016; Filed service request (Service request number not currently assigned for processing)

03.14.2016: EAD Update, New Card being Produced

03.19.2016: Received EAD/AP Combo Card

We just got back from the consulate and we were approved! So happy! Alex and I are going to celebrate tonight by going for a fancy dinner at the revolving restaurant here in Vancouver :)

Congratulations, that's amazing. I'm happy that everything went okay for you! Enjoy your dinner tonight.

Spoiler

K1

04/09/15: NOA1

06/10/15: NOA2

09/04/15: Interview - Approved!

09/18/15: Visa received

09/24/15: POE

10/24/15: Wedding!!

AOS

11/12/15: AOS packet sent

11/15/15: AOS packet received

11/16/15: NOA1 for I-131 and I-765

11/18/15: NOA1 for I-485

12/11/15: Biometrics

02/06/16: EAD card in production, AP sent RFE

02/10/16: EAD mailed

02/11/16: EAD combo card received in mail including AP - Service request sent for why case tracker shows RFE

03/16/16: AOS Interview - Approved

03/22/16: Green Card received in mail

ROC

12/18/17: I-751 Filed at VSC
12/22/17: NOA1

02/02/18: Biometrics Appointment

02/04/19: Case approved

02/09/19: Card received

All done, for now. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Congrats!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

I have a question.. I don't know if anyone has gone through this..

My fiance is approved, and we have been keeping track of everything on the ceac tracker and at first it said administrative processing. I called and they told me it said that because The visa was just being processed and getting ready to print on the passport.

Then last night it changed and showed Issued, but then an hour later it changed again to ready.

I am just wondering what all this means. Because I thought issued was the final part of the visa being issued and ready was right before that.

This all can get very confusing and we are hoping he gets his visa soon.

AOS Journey

12/03/2015 - Submitted AOS, EAD, & AP

12/09/2015 - USCIS Received

12/13/2015 - Received 3 texts confirming receipt

12/17/2015 - Received Hard Copy

01/07/2016 - Biometrics completed

01/08/2016 - Received an RFE

02/19/2016 - Case Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

​03/30/2016 - EAD/AP approved

​04/01/2016 - EAD/AP mailed

04/01/2016 - AOS Interview/approved card is being produced

04/06/2016 - EAD/AP received

04/09/2016 - Green Card Recieved

​01/01/2018 - ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.