gavw72

APRIL FILERS AFTER NOA2 - NVC (CSC)

775 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

My fiancé completed his medical today, no problems at all! So now we're all set to attend the interview together next week. Getting pretty nervous. :o

Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

The Embassy replayed to my E-mail :-)

" Kindly note that in order to proceed with her case, she needs to provide us with the following documents:

1. New DS260 form

Effective September 1, 2013, the DS-260 Immigrant Visa Electronic Application will replace the paper-based DS-230 Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration (parts I and II). Hence, you should complete the new on line DS-260 application form available of the following website: https://ceac.state.gov/iv/.

Please fill out My Invoice ID Number is field with the number that will be given to you by the NVC and you can contact the NVCinquiry@state.gov to get this number. Once you complete the form on line, you should notify us directly through the following email: consularcairoiv@state.gov. We will then process your case to conclusion.

2. Medical Examination

Once she do that, she may contact us so that we can schedule her so she can sign in front of the officer at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo.

Regards,

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy, Cairo "

Iam so confused :-(

According to what I been reading I suppose to fill out DS160 not DS260

He didn't mention anything about Packet 3 ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

that's great news! congrats!!!!!!!!! :) you're so welcome, any time!

well after all that panic my case has been received today!!! thanks for everything

Matt & Mish

:) 12/25/13 "Met" online (Instagram)

(L) 5/29/14 Became a couple

:wub: 2/4/15 First meeting in person (I spent almost 3 weeks in Brazil!)

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

6/27/15 Case received & case number assigned

6/30/15 Case shipped to Embassy in Rio

EMBASSY:

7/6/15 Case received by Embassy

7/20/15 Received "packet 3" email

9/18/15 Medical exam

9/29/15 Interview-APPROVED!!!

(F)"Every love story is beautiful; but ours is my favorite" (F)

Timeline

i was a little confused too when i first read your post...but i think it's ok. for example: Brazil is requiring us to fill out the DS-160 AND part 1 of the DS-230. It sounds like your embassy is saying that you will fill out the DS-260 *in place of* the DS-230 "Effective September 1, 2013, the DS-260 Immigrant Visa Electronic Application will replace the paper-based DS-230" However...i think you still have to fill out the DS-160 (i think every country does).

Have you tried posting any questions to your country specific forum? Or reading the reviews and requirements specific to your country's embassy? (if you click on the Egypt icon under your profile picture, it'll take you to your country specific forum when you can read reviews and embassy information).

It's possible that your country does not have a packet 3. some countries dont. Brazil does not have a packet 3...only a confirmation email letting us know they received it and that it's ok to go online and schedule the interview.

hope this helps. good luck!

The Embassy replayed to my E-mail :-)

" Kindly note that in order to proceed with her case, she needs to provide us with the following documents:

1. New DS260 form

Effective September 1, 2013, the DS-260 Immigrant Visa Electronic Application will replace the paper-based DS-230 Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration (parts I and II). Hence, you should complete the new on line DS-260 application form available of the following website: https://ceac.state.gov/iv/.

Please fill out My Invoice ID Number is field with the number that will be given to you by the NVC and you can contact the NVCinquiry@state.gov to get this number. Once you complete the form on line, you should notify us directly through the following email: consularcairoiv@state.gov. We will then process your case to conclusion.

2. Medical Examination

Once she do that, she may contact us so that we can schedule her so she can sign in front of the officer at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo.

Regards,

Consular Section
U.S. Embassy, Cairo "

Iam so confused :-(
According to what I been reading I suppose to fill out DS160 not DS260

He didn't mention anything about Packet 3 ?

Edited by shellymarie

Matt & Mish

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

EMBASSY:

9/18/15 Medical exam

Timeline

no problem :) i would definitely give it more time. it's only been 8 days since july 28th when it switched to ready, and 2 of those days were weekend days when they don't work...so really, its only been 6 days. this part of the process can take a couple weeks.

Thanks again Shellymarie u r the best :-)
Yes, my Embassy issue a packet 3
Yes, it's ready since the 28th of July
I E-mailed them twice but no answer :-(

Matt & Mish

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

EMBASSY:

9/18/15 Medical exam

Timeline

i was a little confused too when i first read your post...but i think it's ok. for example: Brazil is requiring us to fill out the DS-160 AND part 1 of the DS-230. It sounds like your embassy is saying that you will fill out the DS-260 *in place of* the DS-230 "Effective September 1, 2013, the DS-260 Immigrant Visa Electronic Application will replace the paper-based DS-230" However...i think you still have to fill out the DS-160 (i think every country does).

Have you tried posting any questions to your country specific forum? Or reading the reviews and requirements specific to your country's embassy? (if you click on the Egypt icon under your profile picture, it'll take you to your country specific forum when you can read reviews and embassy information).

It's possible that your country does not have a packet 3. some countries dont. Brazil does not have a packet 3...only a confirmation email letting us know they received it and that it's ok to go online and schedule the interview.

hope this helps. good luck!

The problem that it's not giving me the option to fill out

DS-260 :-(

Immigrant Visa

CASE NUMBER: **************

Summary Information

K visas are nonimmigrant visas that assist spouses or future spouses of American citizens in entering the United States. As with all nonimmigrant visa applicants, a DS-160 must be filled out in order for a consular section to process the case

Plz help me what to do ?

Timeline

yeah...personally i think it's weird they are telling you to fill out the DS-260...but it seemed "ok" based on the explanation they provided in their response to you. however, i was under the impression that the DS-260 is only filled out sometime during AOS once the fiance is in the US, not at this point of the process.

i honestly don't know what to tell you. definitely fill out the DS-160 no matter what. but i honestly don't know what you should do about the DS-260. I really think you need to be posting these questions in your country specific forum. maybe someone who has already gone through the process in your country can offer you some clarification or better advice

The problem that it's not giving me the option to fill out
DS-260 :-(

Immigrant Visa
CASE NUMBER: **************
Summary Information

K visas are nonimmigrant visas that assist spouses or future spouses of American citizens in entering the United States. As with all nonimmigrant visa applicants, a DS-160 must be filled out in order for a consular section to process the case

Plz help me what to do ?

Matt & Mish

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

EMBASSY:

9/18/15 Medical exam

Timeline

yeah...personally i think it's weird they are telling you to fill out the DS-260...but it seemed "ok" based on the explanation they provided in their response to you. however, i was under the impression that the DS-260 is only filled out sometime during AOS once the fiance is in the US, not at this point of the process.

i honestly don't know what to tell you. definitely fill out the DS-160 no matter what. but i honestly don't know what you should do about the DS-260. I really think you need to be posting these questions in your country specific forum. maybe someone who has already gone through the process in your country can offer you some clarification or better advice

Thanks Shellymarie for ur help

Do u know how to fill out DS260 form online

Timeline

no...as i stated before, brazil does not require to have the DS-260. However, in order to fill out the DS-160, you have to go to the CEAC website.

https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

Thanks Shellymarie for ur help
Do u know how to fill out DS260 form online

Matt & Mish

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

EMBASSY:

9/18/15 Medical exam

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

We just got our "Packet 4" email!

Her medical is tomorrow. If they ask for it (which I don't think they will), she will have it ready!

Edited by bluebook14

Spoiler

AOS

10/23/2015: File for AOS, AP and EAD

10/31/2015: NOA1 for AOS, AP and EAD

11/16/2015: Biometrics Appointment Letter received
11/25/2015: Biometrics Appointment
12/16/2015: e-mail about Interview scheduled for 2/10/2016
12/18/2015: Physical Interview Appointment in mail

01/25/2016: EAD & AP cards received in mail

02/10/2016: Interview @ local USCIS

02/11/2016: Approval

02/17/2016: GC received!

09/27/2017: Moved to FL

ROC

01/27/2018: Filed I751

02/05/2018: NOA1 received, GC extended for 1 year

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

we just got our interview date!! and what i am assuming is the "packet 3" email.. it says "Instruction Package". Anyway we are so THANKFUL to have an interview date but I have to say I am surprised! It was set for Oct 27. I have seen other US/AUS timelines and they say about 1 month between "consulate received visa" and "interview date" so I am disapointed ours is set for much further..any idea if there is a way to bump up the interview date or what we could have done differently to get a sooner appt? does this relate to the "readiness" email bc we never got asked about our readiness....thanks!

- - - - - - - -

Met November 2012!
I moved to Australia March 2013!
Engaged April 20th, 2015!
Petition sent 5-13-2015!
NOA1 5-17-2015!
NOA2 6-26-2015!
Left NVC for Sydney, Australia 7-21-2015!

"Ready" in Sydney 8-3-2015!

Interview Date 10-27-2015!

* APPROVED at Interview *

- - - - - - - -

Timeline

congrats!!! but...wow that is far away!! i honestly can't can't answer your question as to why...but just make sure your interview date falls before the expiration of your NOA2 date. if not then definitely email them and ask them to reschedule. good luck!!

we just got our interview date!! and what i am assuming is the "packet 3" email.. it says "Instruction Package". Anyway we are so THANKFUL to have an interview date but I have to say I am surprised! It was set for Oct 27. I have seen other US/AUS timelines and they say about 1 month between "consulate received visa" and "interview date" so I am disapointed ours is set for much further..any idea if there is a way to bump up the interview date or what we could have done differently to get a sooner appt? does this relate to the "readiness" email bc we never got asked about our readiness....thanks!

Edited by shellymarie

Matt & Mish

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

EMBASSY:

9/18/15 Medical exam

Timeline

congrats!!! but...wow that is far away!! i honestly can't can't answer your question as to why...but just make sure your interview date falls before the expiration of your NOA2 date. if not then definitely email them and ask them to reschedule. good luck!!

omg i just checked and it is one day beyond our NOA2! my date is for 6/26-10/25! what the heck ha will they reschedule??

Edited by stephelliott

- - - - - - - -

Met November 2012!
Petition sent 5-13-2015!
NOA1 5-17-2015!
NOA2 6-26-2015!

- - - - - - - -

Timeline

whoa!! they "should" because technically the interview HAS to be done before the NOA2 expires. however...some embassies will just extend you're NOA2 lol. either way, email them ASAP and whatever they decide to do make sure you save the email response so they can't come back later and say you never contacted them about it etc. definitely let us know what they say!!

omg i just checked and it is one day beyond our NOA2! my date is for 6/26-10/25! what the heck ha will they reschedule??

Edited by shellymarie

Matt & Mish

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

EMBASSY:

9/18/15 Medical exam

Timeline

whoa!! they "should" because technically the interview HAS to be done before the NOA2 expires. however...some embassies will just extend you're NOA2 lol. either way, email them ASAP and whatever they decide to do make sure you save the email response so they can't come back later and say you never contacted them about it etc. definitely let us know what they say!!

thank you so much! you are a legend! i am SO shocked by this. i knew i shouldnt have gotten too excited when i saw the other 1 month timelines.. but really didnt expecct to have it scheduled for beyond the validity date! I will have my fiance email them and ill be back in touch with hopefully good news!

- - - - - - - -

Met November 2012!
Petition sent 5-13-2015!
NOA1 5-17-2015!
NOA2 6-26-2015!

- - - - - - - -

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.