gavw72

APRIL FILERS AFTER NOA2 - NVC (CSC)

775 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning everyone!

just an FYI...for those of you who will be scheduling your interviews online using the new scheduling system...if you'll be paying using a credit or debit card...make sure your card allows you to make international charges. i just went online to pay/schedule and it declined it because of that. so now i had to transfer money to my pay-pal debit card which takes 24 hours...so hopefully (if nothing else goes wrong lol) i'll be scheduling the interview tomorrow.

have a good day all!!

Edited by shellymarie

Matt & Mish

:) 12/25/13 "Met" online (Instagram)

(L) 5/29/14 Became a couple

:wub: 2/4/15 First meeting in person (I spent almost 3 weeks in Brazil!)

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

6/27/15 Case received & case number assigned

6/30/15 Case shipped to Embassy in Rio

EMBASSY:

7/6/15 Case received by Embassy

7/20/15 Received "packet 3" email

9/18/15 Medical exam

9/29/15 Interview-APPROVED!!!

(F)"Every love story is beautiful; but ours is my favorite" (F)

Timeline

CONGRATSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :joy::joy::joy::joy: did you hear anything back yet about them rescheduling your interview??

Quick status update for everyone:

My petition arrived at the NVC this past Monday. I was able to track it, using the DHL trick (yes it worked). Once I saw that it was signed for and it arrived I contacted the embassy to inquire about my petition. The following day they responded to my email informing me that the petition was received and they also provided me with Packet 4 instructions. I responded earlier this morning and they already responded with a scheduled interview date for next week!! However it was on the same day of my fiancée's medical so we have asked if we can have the interview pushed out until 2 weeks from now. Still awaiting their response to my last email and hoping they could accommodate us. Anyhow things are almost at the finish line, its amazing how quickly things go after your package reaches the embassy. It helps to have all the documentation ready to go. Exciting times since two weeks from now my fiancée and I can potentially see each other again after a little over 4 months!! God is good!

Edited by shellymarie

Matt & Mish

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

EMBASSY:

9/18/15 Medical exam

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

We are home! I spent the last 2 1/2 weeks in Portugal with my hunny and his family. We arrived back in the states together on Tuesday evening. Our point of entry was in Newark, NJ. I was able to bring him through the US citizens line with me and not through the visitors line! Both lines were long but moved somewhat quickly. They checked us both in together at the same time but they needed to bring him to a separate room to hand over his sealed envelope. After a short wait he returned to me. They didn't ask him any questions at all, just told him that he has 90 days to get married and sent him on his way.

What a huge relief! The hard part is over now! Mission accomplished!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Very happy for all the approvals, for all of you that have gone to the interview could you post some of the questions they ask, just to get an idea of what the expect the day of the interview, thank you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

I am so excited! My fiance was able to get the money up for the interview fee (He didn't want to wait until Friday. Lol). He got his interview and medicals set.

He goes on Tuesday August 4th to get his medicals done and the has his interview on August 19th.

I am so excited! It's getting so close for us and finally we can be together. :goofy:

AOS Journey

12/03/2015 - Submitted AOS, EAD, & AP

12/09/2015 - USCIS Received

12/13/2015 - Received 3 texts confirming receipt

12/17/2015 - Received Hard Copy

01/07/2016 - Biometrics completed

01/08/2016 - Received an RFE

02/19/2016 - Case Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

​03/30/2016 - EAD/AP approved

​04/01/2016 - EAD/AP mailed

04/01/2016 - AOS Interview/approved card is being produced

04/06/2016 - EAD/AP received

04/09/2016 - Green Card Recieved

​01/01/2018 - ROC

Timeline

This has happened as well to one of my banks. What I had to do was call the bank and see if they can put a 24 hour lift on that so I can make a purchase out of the country.

I'm hoping you all get a quick interview date. :)

It's really exciting to be so close

good morning everyone!

just an FYI...for those of you who will be scheduling your interviews online using the new scheduling system...if you'll be paying using a credit or debit card...make sure your card allows you to make international charges. i just went online to pay/schedule and it declined it because of that. so now i had to transfer money to my pay-pal debit card which takes 24 hours...so hopefully (if nothing else goes wrong lol) i'll be scheduling the interview tomorrow.

have a good day all!!

AOS Journey

​01/01/2018 - ROC

Timeline

yeahhhhhhh unfortunately i only have one of those stupid pre-paid debit cards lol they don't allow international charging. when i went to brazil, i had to make sure i put all of my money onto my pay-pay debit card so it would allow me to use it there. darn :cry: but that's ok! i should be able to do it first thing in the morning!

but..........congrats to you and your fiance! that is SO exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!! it really is unbelievable how quickly it moves from this point! best of luck to you both!!!!!!!!! :)

This has happened as well to one of my banks. What I had to do was call the bank and see if they can put a 24 hour lift on that so I can make a purchase out of the country.

I'm hoping you all get a quick interview date. :)

It's really exciting to be so close

Matt & Mish

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

EMBASSY:

9/18/15 Medical exam

Timeline

I am so excited for you! I am so happy that part of waiting is over for you both.

Now the exciting part begins.... :)

I hope you have a blessed life together

We are home! I spent the last 2 1/2 weeks in Portugal with my hunny and his family. We arrived back in the states together on Tuesday evening. Our point of entry was in Newark, NJ. I was able to bring him through the US citizens line with me and not through the visitors line! Both lines were long but moved somewhat quickly. They checked us both in together at the same time but they needed to bring him to a separate room to hand over his sealed envelope. After a short wait he returned to me. They didn't ask him any questions at all, just told him that he has 90 days to get married and sent him on his way.

What a huge relief! The hard part is over now! Mission accomplished!

AOS Journey

​01/01/2018 - ROC

Timeline

That makes it hard. At least you have a paypal debit card. That is always so handy to have, especially in these kind of situations. :)

I hope he gets an early interview date. We both have been so close in everything all through this process.

It does seem to go a lot faster on this second half then it did on the first half of the waiting.

yeahhhhhhh unfortunately i only have one of those stupid pre-paid debit cards lol they don't allow international charging. when i went to brazil, i had to make sure i put all of my money onto my pay-pay debit card so it would allow me to use it there. darn :cry: but that's ok! i should be able to do it first thing in the morning!

but..........congrats to you and your fiance! that is SO exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!! it really is unbelievable how quickly it moves from this point! best of luck to you both!!!!!!!!! :)

AOS Journey

​01/01/2018 - ROC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Very happy for all the approvals, for all of you that have gone to the interview could you post some of the questions they ask, just to get an idea of what the expect the day of the interview, thank you!

Not every embassy asks the same questions/conducts interviews the same way. Here are reviews for your country's embassy: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Mexico

And congrats nolee! Living the dream! :)

K1 Visa

03/30/2015 - I-129F sent

04/06/2015 - NOA1

04/30/2015 - NOA2

05/14/2015 - NVC case number assigned

05/15/2015 - Petition left NVC, sent to Paris embassy

05/20/2015 - Paris embassy received

06/05/2015 - Packet 3 received

08/04/2015 - Medical

09/03/2015 - Interview... APPROVED!

09/10/2015 - Visa received

11/20/2015 - POE in Seattle

12/31/2015 - Married! (L)

Adjustment of Status

01/29/2016 - Filed I-485/I-765/I-131

02/08/2016 - NOAs received

03/03/2016 - RFE

03/23/2016 - Biometrics appointment

06/07/2016 - Interview... APPROVED!

06/14/2016 - Green card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW DATE!

After 2 months of being hung up on/ignored by the embassy, an ambassador, and the USCIS call center... we are finally scheduled for August 13th. I can't even begin to tell you guys how relieved we are!!

K1 Visa

03/30/2015 - I-129F sent

04/06/2015 - NOA1

04/30/2015 - NOA2

05/14/2015 - NVC case number assigned

05/15/2015 - Petition left NVC, sent to Paris embassy

05/20/2015 - Paris embassy received

06/05/2015 - Packet 3 received

08/04/2015 - Medical

09/03/2015 - Interview... APPROVED!

09/10/2015 - Visa received

11/20/2015 - POE in Seattle

12/31/2015 - Married! (L)

Adjustment of Status

01/29/2016 - Filed I-485/I-765/I-131

02/08/2016 - NOAs received

03/03/2016 - RFE

03/23/2016 - Biometrics appointment

06/07/2016 - Interview... APPROVED!

06/14/2016 - Green card received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

After 2 months of being hung up on/ignored by the embassy, an ambassador, and the USCIS call center... we are finally scheduled for August 13th. I can't even begin to tell you guys how relieved we are!!

Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

good morning everyone!

have a good day all!!

I wonder if I could use my credit card to pay online if my fiance doesn't have one?

Timeline

Thank you! I was just able to make the payment, no problem! nowwwwwww i just have to wait for my fiance to WAKE UP so we can pick a date! hehe :)

That makes it hard. At least you have a paypal debit card. That is always so handy to have, especially in these kind of situations. :)

I hope he gets an early interview date. We both have been so close in everything all through this process.

It does seem to go a lot faster on this second half then it did on the first half of the waiting.

wooooohooooooooo congrats! that makes me so happy to hear that! now you can just enjoy your time together and not have to stress about this!! let us know how it goes! its so close!! :)

Hi Mark! Shouldn't be a problem as long as you can make international charges with your card. (I'm the USC) and I was just able to make the payment a few minutes ago using my paypal debit card. When i called they said it doesn't matter who makes the payment, or who's name is on the card. does aileen's embassy use the new online scheduling system? if so, then that should be fine. hope all is well!

I wonder if I could use my credit card to pay online if my fiance doesn't have one?

Matt & Mish

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

EMBASSY:

9/18/15 Medical exam

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Thank you! I was just able to make the payment, no problem! nowwwwwww i just have to wait for my fiance to WAKE UP so we can pick a date! hehe :)

wooooohooooooooo congrats! that makes me so happy to hear that! now you can just enjoy your time together and not have to stress about this!! let us know how it goes! its so close!! :)

Hi Mark! Shouldn't be a problem as long as you can make international charges with your card. (I'm the USC) and I was just able to make the payment a few minutes ago using my paypal debit card. When i called they said it doesn't matter who makes the payment, or who's name is on the card. does aileen's embassy use the new online scheduling system? if so, then that should be fine. hope all is well!

Just a quick question. Does this mean that you're able to actually CHOOSE an interview date @ the embassy?

I got my pack 3 2 weeks ago and in there it says that you have to hand back some stuff (DS-230, DS-160,...) & only after you send back the checklist they are able to provide you with one.

Therefore i'm just keeping myself from sending allthis because I need a date after 28th of september...

10-05-2012: Met at a bar in NYC, the beginning of our story!

04-29-2015: Engaged & filed for K-1

05-05-2015: NOA1

15-06-2015: NOA2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.