Lou Lou

Did anyone else get snowed in?

27 posts in this topic

Yup, my Mom is snowed in in Vermont too :lol: She is in Waterbury, Vermont and says that the back door is complete snowed shut and that while she can get out onto the porch from the front door, the snow on the front walk is waist deep. She measured it at about 40 inches! She has some good neighbors that cleared her driveway last night but in they got 2 more feet of snow since then. Fortunately she is retired, has plenty of food/beverage and hasn't lost power yet so she's good to go. Sorry, no photos.

I'm 20 mins from Waterbury. Waterbury has the best beer in the state! Some of the drifts are waist deep here too. We've already had an argument with the neighbor who is complaining about us piling the snow near her window. Erm, there is nowhere else to put it! I'd take this amount of snow over ice any time though. We're still stuck in the house. The plough hasn't been yet. The poor ####### is working well overtime today.

post-6707-1171576040_thumb.jpg

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm 20 mins from Waterbury. Waterbury has the best beer in the state!

Yes they do! :thumbs: Let's just say my Canadian husband loves to go visit the mother-in-law :lol:

Fortunately my Mom has a pretty big lot so plenty of places to put the snow once she can get out of the door. She says that the snow plow berm is now about shoulder high so she can't really see the road anymore.

Your photos are amazing - I think snow like that would kill most people living in the DC area!

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I can't believe there isn't a snow thread about yesterday, or am I the only one in NE? We got 30 inches yesterday. I've been out on and off for 3 hours and still haven't dug out the car. Yes, it's that lump in the pic - you can just about see the arial on the left. The other pic is out back on the deck up against the door.

:o Oh my!

I'm 20 mins from Waterbury. Waterbury has the best beer in the state!

Yes they do! :thumbs: Let's just say my Canadian husband loves to go visit the mother-in-law :lol:

Fortunately my Mom has a pretty big lot so plenty of places to put the snow once she can get out of the door. She says that the snow plow berm is now about shoulder high so she can't really see the road anymore.

Your photos are amazing - I think snow like that would kill most people living in the DC area!

The Alchemist, yeh? I have never tasted such amazing beer and I'm a Brit! That brewery should go national. The main roads have been cleared but our poor guy is tearing his hair out trying to get to everyone. I've had to cancel work cos I just can't get anywhere. It's too deep to ski until it has packed down but I guess that's how I'll be getting about in the next few days to come. Still, this is nowt new for VT, right? :rolleyes:

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

snow suxs

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

My sister-in-law has been living the same nightmare in Denver! I think she was house bound for three or four days and that happened a couple of times.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

I can't believe there isn't a snow thread about yesterday, or am I the only one in NE? We got 30 inches yesterday. I've been out on and off for 3 hours and still haven't dug out the car. Yes, it's that lump in the pic - you can just about see the arial on the left. The other pic is out back on the deck up against the door.

Yup, my yard looks like that. They actually cancelled schools the past 2 days here in Northern New Hampshire (which almost never happens). The nice thing was, my office also closed. I got married yesterday and had planned to work today (have NO vacation time, have used it all making trips to Canada) ... but Mother Nature gave us a nice wedding present :)

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

And then.... you could be living in Switzerland about now too.....

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u245/Bl...t=INBOX2474.jpg

James & Sara - Aug 12, 05

Humanity... destined to pass the baton shortly.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yup, my yard looks like that. They actually cancelled schools the past 2 days here in Northern New Hampshire (which almost never happens). The nice thing was, my office also closed. I got married yesterday and had planned to work today (have NO vacation time, have used it all making trips to Canada) ... but Mother Nature gave us a nice wedding present :)

The schools have been closed here for 3 days now.

Well, we couldn't get out of our driveway until this morning. 5 days stuck. :rolleyes: We had to hire a mega plough as our usual guy did not have a big enough machine. Total costs of this snowfall: 3 days of work lost, $70 for usual plough, $180 for mega plough, $50 for grit, and major cabin fever all weekend. :wacko:

post-6707-1171905226_thumb.jpg

post-6707-1171905239_thumb.jpg

No snow here, folks. :no::P It's been a bit nippy lately but we'll be back at close to 80 towards the middle of the week and for the weekend. Niced and sunny today with highs in the mid 60's. :thumbs:

:P Thanks for that. It's 0F here (-18c in real money) with only a wind chill of -20F. It is about time winter arrived here so I shouldn't complain. Oh Joy. :hehe: