41 posts in this topic

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi Pigu. I think if you feel that oral contraceptives is the best choice for you then I say go for it!!

With that being said, I don't think it's fair for you to quote statistics and then totally disregard major side effects, whether seen or unseen, which are real life side effects experienced by many woman who use oral contraceptives. It is irresponsible for you to claim that shutting down, and sometimes off, a woman's normal hormonal igniter and regulator in the brain has no adverse side effects or consequences. I think it is very important for a woman to understand that the depressed feelings, emotional imbalances, sexual apathy, and physical reactions she may experience while taking oral contraceptives may not be her fault. I think as a medical community we need to teach women and make them more aware of these potential real life adverse reactions.

As far as your criticism of the Rhythm Method goes, as I stated before, this method is not for everyone.

With than being said, for those who's menstrual cycle is between 26-32 days and if they do not mind committing themselves to a strict adherence to a natural birth control method, then the Rhythm Method can be used as a very very accurate, healthy, and effective way to prevent pregnancy. Just like any other method of birth control, some work for some women and some do not depending on adherence to the method, (consistency to the fertile cycle--rhythm method) or (taking an oral contraceptive at the same time everyday--the pill). For example, the Pill is 92-99.7% effective as birth control based on adherence and consistency. The Rhythm Method is 95% effective based on adherence and consistency. (nearly 100% when used in conjunction with a condom on days in between the fertile cycle and the non fertile cycle.

There's the facts Pigu. I ask you, is a 3%-4% chance of becoming pregnant by using the natural Rhythm Method really worth the risks of taking a hormonal suppressing oral contraceptives? :no: Take care Pigu and Limha I hope this thread helped you. Berean.

I am studying to be a nurse and I do not understand why more doctors do not properly inform their patients of these unavoidable side effects.

It's because they're nonsense. 60% of women use this pill with no side effects, and the vast majority of the remaining 40% have only minor effects.

http://www.unm.edu/~shc1/pill-side-effects.html

Try the rhythm method.

Yeah, my parents tried the rhythm method. That's how I got born, in fact.

Edited by berean532000

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

The rythm method wasn't that reliable. Ask the 6 kids of my aunt or us four kids of my mom. I don't know anyone who uses that anymore. When I was Catholic the big method that my friends were using was NFP. It involves taking your temperature each day with a basal thermometer, charting your cycle, examining discharge, etc. It's very involved but it actually brought a lot of couples I know much closer together and actually enhanced their marriage in many ways.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

if u want'em, do it.... every day ... if you don't want'em, don't do it ...or at least use condoms

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
im on the pill for reasons other than birth control... but i will be going off of it soon, and def when we are married. we both want kids, whenever hashem sees fit.

its not a religious belief or anything... just the simple fact that we both want kids

I know my husband wants children, too. Very badly. But not to the point to where he would have me doing this on my own. Its not a religious thing either. A few friends of mine were saying to me, "Oh Girl, you know thats all he wants to do is get married and have kids. He is not going to "let" you take any birth control". I simply responded by saying, "And thats a bad thing?"I wouldn't go behind his back and take it. That is not what I am saying. One of the main reasons I love my husband is because he is always willing to talk about things. We have never had one argument, disagreement yes. But that was over my daughter showing her tukus in Morocco! :lol:

Limah (L)(F)

I just want to know how many women have had the discussion of using birth control with your husbands or fiance? I have had the conversation with my husband and he insists thats it the best thing for us. Not only because he isn't here, he insists that for the first year we should use it as well. You know, wait until hes established himself and can take care of us. I work from home now, so I am looking forward to being this "at home mom"/"work from home"kinda chick.

Besides, that's all he wants, is to be able to take care of his wife and family.

Anybody????????????

Im sure this has been brought up before but maybe some points of view have changed..... One who agreed before may no longer agree..... and vice versa.

Limah (L)(F)

This topic has been tackled here already, but still a good topic.

My husband feels the same way, all he wants to do is take care of his family :thumbs: And ME/NA ppl in general want children soon after marriage, but I think ppl thinking with common sense would want to wait.

My husband and I both want children, me esp before I am 30. Buuuuut we both knowwe would want him there for the birth and the baby year... we both could not even imagine being apart then.

My husband is kinda c'est la vie about it... and I am actually not. He does not want me taking any birth control, and then thou I would I have had bad experiences medically with birth control...so we donnot. We practice common sense and family planning.

My husband wants to think i could just have the baby there (if I were pregnant) but I would rather not. But if it did happen, for sure I would having it there and apply for a N-600. If I had a baby here, with my current situation I would totally be screwed.

And I agree Limah, I would love and am wanting to be a work from home mom...buuuut it all depends when my husband gets here, if he could find work that has medical benefits :unsure:

Where can I find this form?

Are you talking about the N-600?

Yes, Henia. Thats the form I'm talking about. I would have replied sooner but I got bored and put in a few hours at the hospital to day.

Limah (L)(F)

Pray with me Forrest! Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here..... Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here!

Timeline
I would be in big trouble if I even considered discussing the subject here. :whistle::P

Trouble??? Now why would that be? :whistle::innocent::P

Limah (L)(F)

Pray with me Forrest! Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here..... Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here!

Timeline
Hi Pigu. I think if you feel that oral contraceptives is the best choice for you then I say go for it!!

With that being said, I don't think it's fair for you to quote statistics and then totally disregard major side effects, whether seen or unseen, which are real life side effects experienced by many woman who use oral contraceptives. It is irresponsible for you to claim that shutting down, and sometimes off, a woman's normal hormonal igniter and regulator in the brain has no adverse side effects or consequences. I think it is very important for a woman to understand that the depressed feelings, emotional imbalances, sexual apathy, and physical reactions she may experience while taking oral contraceptives may not be her fault. I think as a medical community we need to teach women and make them more aware of these potential real life adverse reactions.

As far as your criticism of the Rhythm Method goes, as I stated before, this method is not for everyone.

With than being said, for those who's menstrual cycle is between 26-32 days and if they do not mind committing themselves to a strict adherence to a natural birth control method, then the Rhythm Method can be used as a very very accurate, healthy, and effective way to prevent pregnancy. Just like any other method of birth control, some work for some women and some do not depending on adherence to the method, (consistency to the fertile cycle--rhythm method) or (taking an oral contraceptive at the same time everyday--the pill). For example, the Pill is 92-99.7% effective as birth control based on adherence and consistency. The Rhythm Method is 95% effective based on adherence and consistency. (nearly 100% when used in conjunction with a condom on days in between the fertile cycle and the non fertile cycle.

There's the facts Pigu. I ask you, is a 3%-4% chance of becoming pregnant by using the natural Rhythm Method really worth the risks of taking a hormonal suppressing oral contraceptives? :no: Take care Pigu and Limha I hope this thread helped you. Berean.

I am studying to be a nurse and I do not understand why more doctors do not properly inform their patients of these unavoidable side effects.

It's because they're nonsense. 60% of women use this pill with no side effects, and the vast majority of the remaining 40% have only minor effects.

http://www.unm.edu/~shc1/pill-side-effects.html

Try the rhythm method.

Yeah, my parents tried the rhythm method. That's how I got born, in fact.

Thanx for everyone for yer input, experiences, and advice. I am also in healthcare Berean for the last 8 tears. Not nursing, but I have some very helpful and informative physicians I work with from time to time. They informed of the very same things you mentioned here. I have taken birth control, and have had no side effects. It was short term tho and my reasons were completely different from the reasons my husband and I speak of now.

The rythym method..... that would probably throw off my "rhythm". It's work to keep it consistent, more than setting the reminder on the cell phone for reminder to take "the pill". (Thats how I remembered everyday).

I may just say bump the madness and get this form Henia mentioned and have a baby now!!!!!!! (Not on purpose, but not NOT on purpose!!!!!!!!)

Limah (L)(F)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
im on the pill for reasons other than birth control... but i will be going off of it soon, and def when we are married. we both want kids, whenever hashem sees fit.

its not a religious belief or anything... just the simple fact that we both want kids

I know my husband wants children, too. Very badly. But not to the point to where he would have me doing this on my own. Its not a religious thing either. A few friends of mine were saying to me, "Oh Girl, you know thats all he wants to do is get married and have kids. He is not going to "let" you take any birth control". I simply responded by saying, "And thats a bad thing?"I wouldn't go behind his back and take it. That is not what I am saying. One of the main reasons I love my husband is because he is always willing to talk about things. We have never had one argument, disagreement yes. But that was over my daughter showing her tukus in Morocco! :lol:

Limah (L)(F)

I just want to know how many women have had the discussion of using birth control with your husbands or fiance? I have had the conversation with my husband and he insists thats it the best thing for us. Not only because he isn't here, he insists that for the first year we should use it as well. You know, wait until hes established himself and can take care of us. I work from home now, so I am looking forward to being this "at home mom"/"work from home"kinda chick.

Besides, that's all he wants, is to be able to take care of his wife and family.

Anybody????????????

Im sure this has been brought up before but maybe some points of view have changed..... One who agreed before may no longer agree..... and vice versa.

Limah (L)(F)

This topic has been tackled here already, but still a good topic.

My husband feels the same way, all he wants to do is take care of his family :thumbs: And ME/NA ppl in general want children soon after marriage, but I think ppl thinking with common sense would want to wait.

My husband and I both want children, me esp before I am 30. Buuuuut we both knowwe would want him there for the birth and the baby year... we both could not even imagine being apart then.

My husband is kinda c'est la vie about it... and I am actually not. He does not want me taking any birth control, and then thou I would I have had bad experiences medically with birth control...so we donnot. We practice common sense and family planning.

My husband wants to think i could just have the baby there (if I were pregnant) but I would rather not. But if it did happen, for sure I would having it there and apply for a N-600. If I had a baby here, with my current situation I would totally be screwed.

And I agree Limah, I would love and am wanting to be a work from home mom...buuuut it all depends when my husband gets here, if he could find work that has medical benefits :unsure:

Where can I find this form?

Are you talking about the N-600?

Yes, Henia. Thats the form I'm talking about. I would have replied sooner but I got bored and put in a few hours at the hospital to day.

Limah (L)(F)

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/N-600.pdf

<H1>Child Citizenship Act Program Update

The USCIS has reengineered its processing in order to streamline the production of Certificates of Citizenship for certain children adopted abroad. Streamlined processes have been developed for newly entering IR-3 children who are automatically U.S. Citizens when they arrive. These newly entering IR-3 children will receive Certificates of Citizenship within 45 days of their arrival instead of receiving a Permanent Resident Card and then filing the

N-600 for a Certificate. (Please see our Fact Sheet for additional information)

Background

The Child Citizenship Act, which became effective on February 27, 2001,amended the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) to provide U.S. citizenship to certain foreign-born children-including adopted children-of U.S. citizens. Specifically, these children include:

• Orphans with a full and final adoption abroad or adoption finalized in the U.S.,
  • Biological or legitimated children,
  • Certain children born out of wedlock to a mother who naturalizes, and
  • Adopted children meeting the two-year custody requirement.

This legislation represents a significant and important change in the nationality laws of the United States. The changes made by the CCA authorize the automatic acquisition of citizenship and permanently protect the adopted children of U.S. citizens from deportation.

In general, children who are younger than 18 years of age and have at least one parent who is a U.S. citizen whether by birth or naturalization will benefit from this new law. Under the CCA, qualifying children who immigrate to the United States with a U.S. citizen parent automatically acquire U.S. citizenship upon entry; children who live abroad acquire citizenship on approval of an application and the taking of the oath of allegiance.

Frequently Asked Questions about the CCA

1) Does my child qualify for automatic citizenship under the CCA?

Under CCA, your child will automatically acquire U.S. citizenship on the date that all of the following requirements are satisfied:

• At least one adoptive parent is a U.S. citizen,
  • The child is under 18 years of age,
  • If the child is adopted, a full and final adoption of the child, and
  • The child is admitted to the United States as an immigrant

2) Do I have to apply to USCIS for my child's citizenship?

No. If your child satisfies the requirements listed above, he or she automatically acquires U.S. citizenship by operation of law on the day he or she is admitted to the United States as an immigrant. Your child’s citizenship status is no longer dependent on USCIS approving a naturalization application.

3) What documentation can I get of my child's citizenship?

If your child permanently resides in the U.S, you can obtain evidence of your child’s citizenship by applying for a Certificate of Citizenship. You will need to file form N-600 (Application for Certificate of Citizenship) and submit it to the local USCIS District Office or Sub-Office that holds jurisdiction over your permanent residence. You can also apply for a U.S. passport from the Department of State.

If your child permanently resides abroad, your child does not qualify for automatic citizenship under the CCA. However, you can apply for citizenship for your child by filing form N-600K (Application for Citizenship and Issuance of Certificate Under Section 322). You can submit this form to any USCIS District Office or Sub-Office in the United States.

4) Will USCIS automatically provide me with documentation of my child's citizenship?

At the present time, USCIS is not able to automatically provide most parents with documentation of their foreign-born child’s citizenship. However, USCIS has implemented a streamlined process for newly entering IR-3 children and their families that will ensure they receive a Certificate of Citizenship within 45 days of entering the United States. Additionally, USCIS has implemented procedures to expedite processing of pending N-643 cases. If you previously filed an N-643 application and have not received your child’s Certificate of Citizenship please contact the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. Please have the following information when you call: your child’s A-number and the location and date you filed the application.

5) What forms do I file and what are the fees?

If your child permanently resides in the U.S., you can apply for evidence of citizenship by filing form N-600 (Application for Certificate of Citizenship). If you are filing on behalf of an adopted minor child, the fee is $215 (all other applicants must pay $255).

If your child permanently resides abroad, you can apply for citizenship by filing form N-600K (Application for Citizenship and Issuance of Certificate Under Section 322). If you are filing on behalf of an adopted minor child, the fee is $215 (all other applicants must pay $255).

6) Where should I file the forms?

If your child permanently resides in the U.S., you can file form N-600 (Application for Certificate of Citizenship) at the USCIS District Office or Sub-Office that that holds jurisdiction over your permanent residence.

If your child permanently resides abroad, you can apply for citizenship by filing form N-600K (Application for Citizenship and Issuance of Certificate Under Section 322) at any USCIS District Office or Sub-Office in the United States. You and your child will need to travel to the United States to complete the application process

7) Is automatic citizenship provided for those who are 18 years of age or older?

No. Individuals who are 18 years of age or older on February 27, 2001, do not qualify for citizenship under the CCA, even if they meet all other criteria. If they wish to become U.S. citizens, they must apply for naturalization and meet eligibility requirements that currently exist for adult lawful permanent residents.

8) Will USCIS publish regulations on the CCA procedures?

The USCIS published interim regulations specific to the CCA in the Federal Register on June 13, 2001. The USCIS is reviewing comments received from individuals and organizations and is in the process of drafting the final regulation.

9) What resources are available to answer questions about the Child Citizenship Act?

For more information about the CCA application procedures and forms, you may contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. USCIS has also made available field guidance and public materials to all information officers and other front line staff to aid them in answering questions.

</H1>

Let's just say I'm a big fan of birth control... too many teen mommies in my clinic! But it's not right for everyone.

A great link for all the birth control options:

http://www.reproductiveaccess.org/consumers/contra_info.htm (but doesn't include the rhythm method which is actually fairly effective when used properly)

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I may just say bump the madness and get this form Henia mentioned and have a baby now!!!!!!! (Not on purpose, but not NOT on purpose!!!!!!!!)

I'm so curious!

What will this form do to change the equation?

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.