goldenheart

Did you know that SO from the Middle East

248 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
So aside from profiling at the airport, what is the solution?

Doodle, I'm not sure what you mean by this, but if you are talking about another way to identify anyone who might be dangerous, I'd say we rely on Intelligence professionals and other avenues. There hasn't been some huge bust of terrorists with all this airport security, and I'd guess there never will be now. These tactics now only serve to divide and humilate.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
being in the british isles during "the troubles" allows a tiny bit of insight. but i still never, and don't to this day, feel compelled to harass every o' or mc name at the airport, nor do i feel it would have been very effective, even at the conflict's height.

Aqoul, are you seeking enlightenment?

I'm seeking typing lessons.

Edited by Green-eyed girl

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Doodle, I'm not sure what you mean by this, but if you are talking about another way to identify anyone who might be dangerous, I'd say we rely on Intelligence professionals and other avenues. There hasn't been some huge bust of terrorists with all this airport security, and I'd guess there never will be now. These tactics now only serve to divide and humilate.

Well the intelligence professionals are profiling. Look at the amount of visa applicants who go through AP in MENA compared to those in other countries.

I just want to know..if profiling is not the solution, what is?

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well the intelligence professionals are profiling. Look at the amount of visa applicants who go through AP in MENA compared to those in other countries.

Well, I know this is a divisive opinion, but I think taking a look at our foreign policy is a good place to start.

Timeline

Profiling will continue, it will broaden and become more responsive to changing circumstances, broadening to include not only appearance but behavior. It will become the great equalizer among travelers.

The solution starts way back, before anyone is traveling, before there was a war in Iraq, before muslims became more radicalized than they ever have in the past. What I mean is, we need to stop inserting ourselves in soverign governments; if we are going to aid other countries, it needs to be fair and equitable; and we need to act like a decent global citizen. Things are so riled up now, the solution isn't more oppression. We and our elected officials have to step back and figure out how to politically and economically fix this mess.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

If we're talking government policy, then it's not a matter of a right to bigoted speech, but what should be security practice by the government.

I don't think profiling on flights is likely to lead to any arrests nor meaningfully increase security; if the person in question has managed to obtain a visa and get onto a flight, a background check in flight is unlikely to reveal anything. The terrorist groups out there aren't stupid. If they're sending someone on a mission to the U.S., you can guarantee that person will have a lily-white record; the 9/11 guys certainly did. All the profiling in the world wouldn't have prevented 9/11, because these guys were selected pretty much not to throw up any flags.

It seems a little ridiculous to me to run a background check on people who already have been through six months of processing, but I suspect that the check is run on flights, not on individuals; so it's a check of everything out of Cairo, including significant others, businessment, tourists, etc. I don't know if it's policy for all flights; I suspect not, and that resources come into play eventually.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Timeline

Terrorists have been committing international crimes in the name of Allah since the 1960s. They've just gotten more sophisticated over the decades. If you think terrorism is about current US policy, you've got some history to catch up on.

Timeline

BTW, this background check for incoming flyers is being done on a limited basis on US citizens of all stripes. It has been proposed as a program covering all international passengers coming into the US, but has run into logistical problems. Passengers who make regular flights to the same country or region are already profiled.

Terrorists have been committing international crimes in the name of Allah since the 1960s. They've just gotten more sophisticated over the decades. If you think terrorism is about current US policy, you've got some history to catch up on.

I don't think anyone indicated terrorism started recently nor did anyone intimate that current US policy is solely to blame for terrorism.

Timeline

I don't think anyone indicated terrorism started recently nor did anyone intimate that current US policy is solely to blame for terrorism.

I saw something you didn't. Ok, so if foreign policy is only part of the problem, what else is? Personally, I think foreign policy is only a minute part of the problem.

Maybe it's a human problem. People have been trying to kill other people for as long as we've been around.

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
if you're going to get into this racist ####### then why DOES el al do this? who commits almost all terrorist attacks? why do you think that is? you don't think they should be extra careful with certain people? i'd hate to know what would have happened if they didn't have this program...

you may not buy it but is el al not the safest airline to fly? it sure is.

quit sitting there with your rosy colored glasses on. of course it sucks to be profiled. of course life would be better if everyone would be treated equal. but guess what? there are a lot of bad people out there that want to hurt us.

My blood is boiling right now. How dare you indict a group of people like this? You are talking about all of our husbands and fiances, your own fiance for #######'s sake. Your arrogance is apalling. NO ONE is out there wanting to hurt you. If you think they do, well, you might as well walk into the airport naked, then get dressed once they're done with you, for your own safety and the safety of the rest of the non-muslim non-arab people in the world.

Wow! I go to work for a whole day and come back to a crazy post. I knew it was going to happen.

You completely misunderstood my post, Peezey.

I don't categorize your husbands, fiances, and my fiance as a terrorist. :blink: "How dare you" (Oh I love it when people say that) call me arrogant and misunderstand my words! :devil:;)

There are millions and millions of Muslims who don't commit terrorism. But the "bad apples" who do ruin it for the rest of us (meaning all people) when it comes to profiling in airports. We're talking about airport profiling here, aren't we? Who commits most of the airline terrorism? Its a fact that Muslims do.

I think its a shame the good Muslims are profiled and many have to undergo searches, questioning, etc. But please, it isn't just the Arabs going through this. I'VE experienced it and I've seen little old white ladies experiencing it! .......Muslims should be angry at the actual terrorists for causing this to happen, not the airlines or TSA. Of course there are officers who take this too far. Asking questions about someone's sex life at the airport really is shocking and completely inappropriate. Its unfortunate.

I don't think someone who is praying on a plane should have to get off because others are uncomfortable . But what does that have to do with profiling in an airport? That seems like it was just some jackasses he was sitting next to. Although I don't know much about this story so don't quote me on that.

NO ONE is out there wanting to hurt me? Ummm...*scratches head* I'm not sure how to answer this comment. Do you really believe this? I wish I could. Now where are my rosy colored glasses? I must have lost my pair. :whistle:

Edited by abdounjen

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Timeline
if you're going to get into this racist ####### then why DOES el al do this? who commits almost all terrorist attacks? why do you think that is? you don't think they should be extra careful with certain people? i'd hate to know what would have happened if they didn't have this program...

you may not buy it but is el al not the safest airline to fly? it sure is.

quit sitting there with your rosy colored glasses on. of course it sucks to be profiled. of course life would be better if everyone would be treated equal. but guess what? there are a lot of bad people out there that want to hurt us.

My blood is boiling right now. How dare you indict a group of people like this? You are talking about all of our husbands and fiances, your own fiance for #######'s sake. Your arrogance is apalling. NO ONE is out there wanting to hurt you. If you think they do, well, you might as well walk into the airport naked, then get dressed once they're done with you, for your own safety and the safety of the rest of the non-muslim non-arab people in the world.

Wow! I go to work for a whole day and come back to a crazy post. I knew it was going to happen.

You completely misunderstood my post, Peezey.

I don't categorize your husbands, fiances, and my fiance as a terrorist. :blink: "How dare you" (Oh I love it when people say that) call me arrogant and misunderstand my words! :devil:;)

There are millions and millions of Muslims who don't commit terrorism. But the "bad apples" who do ruin it for the rest of us (meaning all people) when it comes to profiling in airports. We're talking about airport profiling here, aren't we? Who commits most of the airline terrorism? Its a fact that Muslims do.

I think its a shame the good Muslims are profiled and many have to undergo searches, questioning, etc. But please, it isn't just the Arabs going through this. I'VE experienced it and I've seen little old white ladies experiencing it! .......Muslims should be angry at the actual terrorists for causing this to happen, not the airlines or TSA. Of course there are officers who take this too far. Asking questions about someone's sex life at the airport really is shocking and completely inappropriate. Its unfortunate.

I don't think someone who is praying on a plane should have to get off because others are uncomfortable . But what does that have to do with profiling in an airport? That seems like it was just some jackasses he was sitting next to. Although I don't know much about this story so don't quote me on that.

NO ONE is out there wanting to hurt me? Ummm...*scratches head* I'm not sure how to answer this comment. Do you really believe this? I wish I could. Now where are my rosy colored glasses? I must have lost my pair. :whistle:

so where does it end then? is this idiocy limited to airports, or would you also support it in other realms? should americans then extensively ethnically profile all italian americans if they want to put a dent in organised crime? would street crimes really go down if all black americans were racially profiled? what do you think? is this a safe and acceptable road to go down? exactly what is it about airplanes that makes it so different? can anyone explain?

your experience, and that of the "little old white ladies" is completely different. a certain number of random checks are given, no matter what. but extra time and resources that could be used on generating even more, and more extensive random checks on all of the population, instead of just one segment, is being squandered. i am asking again, given that muslims come from all ethnicities, nationalities, any and all possible colours, how would you even begin to try to tackle just the preliminary step of id'ing them as muslim in the first place. i realise there's various media crackpots and such out there advocating they be forced to wear some kind of arm band or such to id them (1930-40s germany flashback). is that how you'd propose it be done then? evil as terrorists may be, do you honestly think they are inherently stupid too? that they dont have the slightest idea what they are doing, or know from experience what will and will not be successful? knowing that racial/ethnic profiling will be occurring, don't you think they'd anticipate that well in advance, and totally subvert it by finding a john walker lindh or adam gadahn type to take care of that shite? so what happens when the resources to provide more random searches that statistically would be far more likely to pick up on a john walker lindh or adam gadahn type are not in place because limited and finite time and resources have all been devoted to one small segment of the population?

As terrorism in the US is defined, most domestic acts of terrorism or attempted acts of terrorism committed in the US are committed by white christian males.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.