Timeline
:D

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Everytime I read this thread title, I see....'Did you know that your SO is from the Middle East?' and I think,,,yea I do. :lol:

Jackie (F)

Well, #######! now you tell me! :help:

:) Heee!

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline
ugh can you imagine the disappointment?! getting your house all ready, buying food, mani/pedi, etc, etc, etccccccc and then he gets rejected. oy!

Goldenheart had this very thing happen to her. She knows the heartache of what you just described. Her fiance was trying to come on a k-1 and was turned back at the POE in Atlanta.

Meriem (F)

Same thing happened with Liam4Lisa I think, from the UK

Same thing happend to my hubby who was born and raised in london and was coming to visit me from the UK. He was also detained questioned and returned right back to London on the next flight. After more than a year of not being able to see each other because of money difficulties we both had, we finally were able to gather enough money to get him a plane ticket to come spend a few days with me. My hubby had proof with him of his mortgage and other ties to the UK but that was not good enough. After hours of immigration and FBI officials questioning him and me waiting in the lobby for him to come out nothing happened. Finally about 5 hours latter after his flight had landed FBI and immigration officilas came and surrounded me at the aiport lobby and told people around me to get away from me while they asked me a few questions. They asked me such stupid things like how many times a day my husband prayed and when was the last time he went to a mosque, and if the ring on my finger was from my husband or from another man and also they asked me what my husband thought about being married to a non muslim. AS you can imagine I was fuming because of the questions. Any ways they finally said that they were going to make a decission if they were going to let him in or not and left. In the end around 11 at night and me still sitting there crying waiting for him some stupid immigration offical came out saying that they were returing him back to the uk. bastards. They did not let me even see him from far away. Imagine how we felt after not being able to see each other for over a year and finally were were in the same country separated by a single wall. Any ways it did not matter what proof my husband had with him because they had plans to just denied him even before he landed. My husband had traveld many times to the US before with his vwp with out over staying or anything but this time they were just not letting him in. Hubby even told me that when the plan landed and they opened the door, for the passengers to deplane, the FBI and immigration peope were stopping every one at the door and taking their passport and when they finally got to him they said ok and asked him to follow them where they kept him for over a day in interrogation at the aiport. Latter that night the took him to some aiport prison cell denttion center here in houston and the next day shipped him back on his next flight. They treated him like some damn cimiminal and then the reason they gave for all that rubish hell they put him and me through was stammped on his passport as "intent to immigrate" what ever. At time this happened my husband and I had been married over over a year and we still had not filed any papers for him to come here because we were still trying to sort some things out in each others countries and they we were goig to decide who was going to move where for good. It was all one bing nightmare that I dont wish on any one.

Edited by The_dip_sticks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I do not think I look like a security threat... I'm white and have a VERY pronounced southern accent. Before I went to visit Mohammed in Morocco Id never left the country much less been on a plane. I get sent from the lines everyone is in with a manilla folder to a little room. Me and another guy in the room. After staring at me for a bit this lady(and I only say that because she was female and I try to not be crude) starts asking me ?'s. Where I went...why....how long was I there, did I meet his family...what did we do..I was handling it pretty well given the fact it had been 24 hrs since I had slept. Finally she pushed a button she asked me if he paid me to come there. I warred inside for a few minutes I mean she was a government official, but then I thought screw it Im american I have worked and paid taxes since I was 15. I asked do you mean is he paying me to marry him?? Or did he buy my ticket? She said the first...I took a deep breath and told her I paid for my ticket...she said but is he giving you money?? She had a wedding band on..so I asked her...did you have to give your husband money to marry you? Are trying to say to my face as an american citizen that I cant be in love and would need someone just looking for a way to America to be getting married???I just want to make sure I have this right because I want to make sure my lawyer gets the whole story when I get out of this room and call him at home on Saturday night at 10:30 to tell him how a tax paying american citizen is being made to feel like useless garbage. She handed me my passprt and told me to have a good night.

capture1-1.jpg

Picture114-1.jpg

Our Timeline

Sent I-129 f to csc on Dec 23,2006

Received Dec 26th

NOA1 Jan 3,2007

Check cashed Jan 5,2007

Touched Jan 13,2007

Touched May 15,2007

Touched July 17,2007

Touched July 18,2007

Touched July 20,2007

Touched July 22,2007

Touched Aug 12,2007

Touched Aug 13,2007

Touched Aug 14,2007

Touched Aug 15,2007

Touched Aug 22,2007

NOA2!!! Oct 31,2007

Case forwarded to Casa Nov 19, 2007

Interview Feb 6.2008

APPROVAL!!!

AP......now we wait

11-08-08 arrived in Atlanta

11-20-08 MARRIED!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Did you know that Significant Others travelling from the Middle East or other countries have to undergo a security background check while they are enroute to the USA???

An attorney just informed me that once you check in at the airport, after the visa is issued, you have to undergo another background check and if the POE gets a name match hit, they are instructed to interview you at the POE. If not, they will let you pass own through.

Yup... of course. We are post-9/11 arent we? :blink:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.