Saylin

NVC Filers - May 2015

701 posts in this topic

It is a bit off topic, but WOW it is great the girls will know more than one language. French is beautiful, to my own opinion :)

I am waiting for the interview too. As far as I followed your journey at the NVC, it was hectic, wasn't it?

Thanks.... despite myself having a very poor grasp of the language, the girls have done wonderfully!!! :)

I went in to the NVC process feeling pretty confident that I had a good grasp on what to expect and what was required.... then there was a hiccup in the EP system just as I sent everything in (and waits were increasing to 75+days.... luckily that was fixed rather quickly!)... then there was the issue of the Choice of Agent for my kids (getting different answers from different reps)... and despite being the legal parent to a minor child the run around they would give me.... **sigh**

I'm just glad to be done with them!!!!

I'll be phoning them probably every other day now to get the interview date...... I am rather persistent ;) LOL

Best wishes to you as well!! Hope you hear something soon!

Met in the SCA - DRACO INVICTUS!  08-14-2014 Married in Ann Arbor, MI

Spoiler

USCIS.... DONE  in 150 day from NOA1 to NOA2 (TSC)

NVC... DONE  in 116 days from NOA2 to final CC

Final Steps... DONE in 350 days from NOA1 to POE
POE 08-11-2015 in Detroit, MI 

Removal of Conditions

07-11-2017 NOA1 date (rec'd on 14th)

08-03-2017 Daughter and I completed biometrics; May 2018 - I had to redo my biometrics (reason unknown)

WAC17283xxxxx....and we wait...400 days

07-13-2018 I-551 extension stamp (12 mths) obtained at USCIS office in Detroit

09-20-2018 Transferred to TSC

10-15-2018 Text notification "New Card Being Produced"   YAY!!

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everyone don't know if anybody as such experience but I need an idea on what to do.

My wife sent i130 form with G325A to petition for me on the 6may received a text that her application was received on 11may, we check our mailbox 18may I found all the application sent back and the was a notice which state our receipt number and also state that form G325a should be sign and return back meanwhile I signed the forms, my wife called the contact number on the letter and made a complain about the form and she was told I had to sign the form cause my signature as another name which doesn't include my names but that the signature have been using for years, now I need an advice if I should resign that same signature or I should have another signature on there or should i fill out another form and have a new signature on there and also resign the old one that was return back and sent along.

Edited by matoyadele

Thanks.... despite myself having a very poor grasp of the language, the girls have done wonderfully!!! :)

I went in to the NVC process feeling pretty confident that I had a good grasp on what to expect and what was required.... then there was a hiccup in the EP system just as I sent everything in (and waits were increasing to 75+days.... luckily that was fixed rather quickly!)... then there was the issue of the Choice of Agent for my kids (getting different answers from different reps)... and despite being the legal parent to a minor child the run around they would give me.... **sigh**

I'm just glad to be done with them!!!!

I'll be phoning them probably every other day now to get the interview date...... I am rather persistent ;) LOL

Best wishes to you as well!! Hope you hear something soon!

Regarding phoning them every day. I had phoned them 3 times so far. First time to verify if they received our packet. Second time to sort out our check list and third time now - to verify CC. This last time the guy (didn't even understand his name) told me in a very tired voice 'do not call us again unless it is absolutely necessary'. He added that calling them every day (I don't call them every day!) will not speed up the process as the receptionists have no influence in speeding up the process. He made me feel so guilty for being impatient, though I didn't have to feel this way at all. I only phoned them 3 times! On the other hand, reading here how people try to reach NVC every day make me feel guilty again for being somewhat ignorant about our case. I guess my "roof" is going to flip off :D

Edited by OLee

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Since last week, the IV invoice and DS260/261 are not being generated online. Instead of waiting, we mailed a money order for the IV fee, they got it on Wednesday and today we got an e-mail saying the IV fee was processed. THey originally said it takes around 21 days to process a money order, so that was quick.

Has anyone been able to fill the DS260 online during the past 2 weeks? We hope it becomes available since the IV fee was paid

I-130 for Spouse

USCIS

10/14/2014 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

10/22/2014 - NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

04/01/2015 - NOA2 (161 days)

NVC

04/16/2015 - NVC Received

04/23/2015 - Case # assigned / DS-261 completed

04/24/2015 - AOS fee invoiced and paid

04/30/2015 - AOS+IV packages mailed

05/04/2015 - AOS+IV packages received (scan date)

05/15/2015 - IV fee money order payment confirmed

06/03/2015 - Checklist received: missing DS-260 form

06/19/2015 - DS-260 available online and submitted

07/31/2015 - Case Complete (107 days from arriving @NVC or 89 days from scan date)

Embassy

08/25/2015 - Scheduled interview

09/21/2015 - Interview, approved!

10/02/2015 - Passport received

10/04/2015 - POE! (348 days from NOA1)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Since last week, the IV invoice and DS260/261 are not being generated online. Instead of waiting, we mailed a money order for the IV fee, they got it on Wednesday and today we got an e-mail saying the IV fee was processed. THey originally said it takes around 21 days to process a money order, so that was quick.

Has anyone been able to fill the DS260 online during the past 2 weeks? We hope it becomes available since the IV fee was paid

Can u please tell which date u sent ur IV fees by money order..??? and how many days in total it took to get cashed...

Thanks

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hi guys, kinda off topic ...but i had two questions...when filling out i-864 ez question 18 states-my individual annual income is currently? i started the job i have now in october of 2014...so my income is different from my annual income of last year....so am i just putting in an estimate or should it match whats on the tax transcript? secondly this may be a stupid question question 19 asks about income tax, if im attaching just last years then check the box, then optional for last 3 years...im attaching last 3 years...so i should check both boxes?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I did mention it: they got it last Wednesday and it was processed today (5 business days).

I-130 for Spouse

USCIS

10/14/2014 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

10/22/2014 - NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

04/01/2015 - NOA2 (161 days)

NVC

04/16/2015 - NVC Received

04/23/2015 - Case # assigned / DS-261 completed

04/24/2015 - AOS fee invoiced and paid

04/30/2015 - AOS+IV packages mailed

05/04/2015 - AOS+IV packages received (scan date)

05/15/2015 - IV fee money order payment confirmed

06/03/2015 - Checklist received: missing DS-260 form

06/19/2015 - DS-260 available online and submitted

07/31/2015 - Case Complete (107 days from arriving @NVC or 89 days from scan date)

Embassy

08/25/2015 - Scheduled interview

09/21/2015 - Interview, approved!

10/02/2015 - Passport received

10/04/2015 - POE! (348 days from NOA1)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

I did mention it: they got it last Wednesday and it was processed today (5 business days).

Ohhh...Ok..Thanks for the info....That is really quick...Good luck...

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Due to the issues on CEAC portal, can we send in AOS fee ahead of the DS-260 form? I can't pay the fee online or signin to fill out ds-260. any workaround you have in mind will be greatly appreciated.'

it is the generic error, and yes the case number and IIN is correct, called into NVC they acknowledge they have a system wide issue and many others are facing as well:

The selected Case Number and Invoice Identification Number combination you entered does not match our records. Please try again or contact the National Visa Center for further assistance.

Hello beautiful people of the VJ world! I need help. My husband has been trying to call NVC for a week now, and they just keep putting him on hold (1 hour being the longest), then disconnect the call. So any advice or suggestions on how we could get through them successfully? How about writing them a letter of inquiry?

Regarding phoning them every day. I had phoned them 3 times so far. First time to verify if they received our packet. Second time to sort out our check list and third time now - to verify CC. This last time the guy (didn't even understand his name) told me in a very tired voice 'do not call us again unless it is absolutely necessary'. He added that calling them every day (I don't call them every day!) will not speed up the process as the receptionists have no influence in speeding up the process. He made me feel so guilty for being impatient, though I didn't have to feel this way at all. I only phoned them 3 times! On the other hand, reading here how people try to reach NVC every day make me feel guilty again for being somewhat ignorant about our case. I guess my "roof" is going to flip off :D

What a jerk!!

I call often only because I like to stay on top of things.... minimize any delays..... ;)

Met in the SCA - DRACO INVICTUS!  08-14-2014 Married in Ann Arbor, MI

Spoiler

USCIS.... DONE  in 150 day from NOA1 to NOA2 (TSC)

NVC... DONE  in 116 days from NOA2 to final CC

Final Steps... DONE in 350 days from NOA1 to POE
POE 08-11-2015 in Detroit, MI 

Removal of Conditions

07-11-2017 NOA1 date (rec'd on 14th)

08-03-2017 Daughter and I completed biometrics; May 2018 - I had to redo my biometrics (reason unknown)

WAC17283xxxxx....and we wait...400 days

07-13-2018 I-551 extension stamp (12 mths) obtained at USCIS office in Detroit

09-20-2018 Transferred to TSC

10-15-2018 Text notification "New Card Being Produced"   YAY!!

No case complete yet. Called like an hour ago and they said my ds260 is under supervisor review and it takes 45 days lol they always say something different. Told him I didn't want my ds-260 under supervisor review cuz its 40 days ends friday next week And he say he couldn't do anything. I wont ever call again I eill wait for letter or my 3 N/A. Sick and Tired of NVC liar

Due to the issues on CEAC portal, can we send in AOS fee ahead of the DS-260 form? I can't pay the fee online or signin to fill out ds-260. any workaround you have in mind will be greatly appreciated.'

it is the generic error, and yes the case number and IIN is correct, called into NVC they acknowledge they have a system wide issue and many others are facing as well:

The selected Case Number and Invoice Identification Number combination you entered does not match our records. Please try again or contact the National Visa Center for further assistance.

My mom papers is on the same boat with you. My mom filled out DS261 online already (completed).

Now we cant pay the AOS invoice. I think we will do the payment via mail. read some post above that members here was able to pay their IV invoice.

I wonder when can we start with that DS260 online. payment can be done by mail anyways.

Goodluck to everyone.. specially to those who having the online problem.

MOM&DAD IR1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Just seen the 3rd N/A... for me.. 20th April SD. My baby not yet

Mother & Daughter
Mom's CC: May 19 2015
Kid's CC: July 10th 2015(after checklist)
Interview Scheduled: August 27th 2015
Medical Date: Sept 11th 2015(Passed!!!)
Registered our appointment online: Sept 16th 2015
Interview Date: Sept 29th 2015 Approved!!
Visa in Hand: October 1st 2015
POE: 11th October 2015 - Philadelphia

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.