apgk

Student visa denial and I-129F

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

My fiancee (actually before we were engaged) tried to come to US on student visa last year and the student visa was denied at moscow consulate. Does this have any negative impact on I-129F petition/process? For fiancee visa now, would the consular (it would be moscow consulate again) be mentioning/grilling her on the student visa case? anything to keep in mind? thank you !!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
My fiancee (actually before we were engaged) tried to come to US on student visa last year and the student visa was denied at moscow consulate. Does this have any negative impact on I-129F petition/process? For fiancee visa now, would the consular (it would be moscow consulate again) be mentioning/grilling her on the student visa case? anything to keep in mind? thank you !!

Yes. Keep in mind that forms that your fiancee will need to fill out will ask her if she has ever been denied a Visa to the US. Based on your statement above, she must answer yes to this question. You should never lie about these things! With that said, it probably wont impact an approval, unless they think she is just using you to get into the US. They will ask her why she was denied the Visa and she should truthfully relate the facts as to why it was denied. Good luck!

Timeline

ok thanks !

However, as part of the denial they never give any reason. They only stamp the passport with the Rejected stamp and I think some code there. So basically we dont know the absolute technical reason (but can intuit the reason as being not able to prove enough strong ties to come back).

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
ok thanks !

However, as part of the denial they never give any reason. They only stamp the passport with the Rejected stamp and I think some code there. So basically we dont know the absolute technical reason (but can intuit the reason as being not able to prove enough strong ties to come back).

Have your fiancee tell you what numbers they stamped in her passport, as you may actually need to prepare for a waiver. Once you know the number they stamped, you should go to the waiver forum and ask around for more detailed info on how to prepare the waiver, if necessary.

Best of luck!

Edited by julezabelle

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm sure that this will come up at the interview but your fiance just needs to be honest and tell the consular that she was denied a visa - and that it was before she met you.

I doubt there will be a problem.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Timeline

thanks Bora Bora,

She knew me when she applied for the Student Visa but we were not engaged then. The DS156 form only asked about if you know someone in USA who is related to you (father, mother, daughter, son, fiance). She was not asked this question verbally also at the consulate that time. But ofcourse she knew me and we were close friends but had never met in person earlier.

If this question comes up, we plan to be honest about it.

Juleszabelle, I dont understand which waiver are you talking about?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.