1,829 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Congrats!

Thanks!!!

K-1

August 1, 2014: I-129F packet sent (USPS Priority mail)

August 5, 2014: NOA1 received (email/text)

August 9, 2014: NOA1 hardcopy received/Alien Registration Number changed

October 3, 2014: RFE notice received (email/text)

October 9, 2014: RFE hardcopy received (General question missed on I-129F part 3) *Oops

October 10, 2014: RFE response inquiry sent (USPS Priority mail)

October 15, 2014: RFE response review (USCIS)

October 21, 2014: NOA2 I-129F was approved (email/text)

October 28, 2014: NOA2 hardcopy received

November 13, 2014: NVC received and case number assigned

November 25, 2014: NVChard copy received (case was forwarded to Ciudad Juarez, Mexico Consulate)

November 30, 2014: Filled out forms DS-160 online for fiancé (K-1) and step daughter (K-2)

December 3, 2014: Ciudad Juarez, Mexico Consulate received case

December 18, 2014: NOA3 hardcopy received from Ciudad Juarez, Mexico Consulate

December 22, 2014: Paid visa fees online and scheduled ASC Biometrics + Interview

January 20, 2015: Biometrics for fiancé in Guadalajara Jalisco, Mexico

January 22, 2015: Medical exam at Clinica Medica Internacional (Ciudad Juarez, Mexico)

January 26, 2015: Picked up medical results for fiancé (K-1) and step daughter (K-2)

January 27, 2015: Interview APPROVED!!! (Ciudad Juarez, Mexico)

January 30, 2015: CEAC status "Issued"

January 31, 2015: DHL tracking number received via email

February 3, 2015: Passports ready for pickup via email/DHL tracking (DHL Ciudad Juarez, Mexico - Lopez Mateos) POE El Paso, TX

April 11, 2015: MARRIED 

AOS

April 23, 2015: AOS/EAD/AP packet sent USPS Priority mail (K-1/K-2)

May 5, 2015: NOA1 received (email/text)

May 9, 2015: NOA1 hardcopies received (6) - Dated "4/28/15"

May 16, 2015: Biometrics appointment letter received

May 18, 2015: Biometrics completed (early walk-in)

July 10, 2015: EAD/AP approved (K-1/K-2)

August 25, 2015: AOS interview (K-1/K-2) Fresno, CA "APPROVED" 

September 4, 2015: Green Card received

ROC

May 26, 2017: ROC packet sent USPS Priority mail (K-1/K-2)

June 3, 2017: NOA1 received 

June 17, 2017: Biometrics appointment letter received

June 20, 2017: Biometrics completed (early walk-in)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Congrats to all of you getting their interviews and green cards approved. This website and forum has been a great support system for us during this AOS journey.
However, today I feel so hopeless about this process :crying: I know we must be patient but today is one of those bad days for me, and I would like to ask if any of you have ever applied for a relative visa while still waiting for green card.

Some of our story:
My husband and I got married on August 2013. We wanted to apply soon, but life became really tough for us. We were in school, young, and cero savings. My husband had a good job and we thought that we could keep going with our lives, but he lost his job and things changed for us. He found a job in a Toyota dealership, and that became a nightmare. His salary was based on commission, so if he didn't sale anything he wouldn't make any money, so we were basically paying for him to go to work. We were living with money my mom was sending us and few savings, and I couldn't afford paying for my tuition as international student. It was really hard, but we made it and I don't regret all the sacrifices because we are still together and happy. Now my husband has a really good job again, and things are way more better.

So, we finally applied on April 22/2015, biometrics done on May 18/2015 and Employment Authorization approved on July 6/2015. Now we are waiting for our interview. I called today and they told me that the case is in the normal waiting timeline bla bla bla and I would have to wait 5 more months. We haven't gotten any request of evidence, and on the website the case hasn't been updated except for biometrics and employment authorization.

I did not apply for AP because a lawyer told us it does not guarantee admission into the US, and to be honest I thought this process was going to be faster. (One of my friends applied for her husband and the whole process only took 3 months.)
I haven't seen my mom in so many years, and I don't think I can wait any longer. I'm the only child, and I know my mom is desperate to see me as well. I know this process might take much longer than we expected, so I want her to apply for a visa so she could spend christmas with us, but she is afraid she gets rejected because of my status still pending for adjustment.
My mom is retired, she has properties and grandma lives with her, so she has her life in Colombia and has no intentions to overstay in the US. Do you guys think we should just go for it and try it? or is it too complicated to get her a visa during this AOS process?

:goofy:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline

Congrats to all of you getting their interviews and green cards approved. This website and forum has been a great support system for us during this AOS journey.

However, today I feel so hopeless about this process :crying: I know we must be patient but today is one of those bad days for me, and I would like to ask if any of you have ever applied for a relative visa while still waiting for green card.

Some of our story:

My husband and I got married on August 2013. We wanted to apply soon, but life became really tough for us. We were in school, young, and cero savings. My husband had a good job and we thought that we could keep going with our lives, but he lost his job and things changed for us. He found a job in a Toyota dealership, and that became a nightmare. His salary was based on commission, so if he didn't sale anything he wouldn't make any money, so we were basically paying for him to go to work. We were living with money my mom was sending us and few savings, and I couldn't afford paying for my tuition as international student. It was really hard, but we made it and I don't regret all the sacrifices because we are still together and happy. Now my husband has a really good job again, and things are way more better.

So, we finally applied on April 22/2015, biometrics done on May 18/2015 and Employment Authorization approved on July 6/2015. Now we are waiting for our interview. I called today and they told me that the case is in the normal waiting timeline bla bla bla and I would have to wait 5 more months. We haven't gotten any request of evidence, and on the website the case hasn't been updated except for biometrics and employment authorization.

I did not apply for AP because a lawyer told us it does not guarantee admission into the US, and to be honest I thought this process was going to be faster. (One of my friends applied for her husband and the whole process only took 3 months.)

I haven't seen my mom in so many years, and I don't think I can wait any longer. I'm the only child, and I know my mom is desperate to see me as well. I know this process might take much longer than we expected, so I want her to apply for a visa so she could spend christmas with us, but she is afraid she gets rejected because of my status still pending for adjustment.

My mom is retired, she has properties and grandma lives with her, so she has her life in Colombia and has no intentions to overstay in the US. Do you guys think we should just go for it and try it? or is it too complicated to get her a visa during this AOS process?

:goofy:

I'm not too sure but if it don't get any answers, you can ask a lawyer and just because they told you 5 months doesn't mean it will take that long. Keep your head up, everything will be ok. If you want, type question on Avvo.com. It's free and a lawyer will answer you. Best of luck

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hey peeps. i love the good news that im readying. Thats goes to show that USCIS is speeding up their process. I just anxious and nervous to get my interview over with.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good morning everyone. My wife (K-1) / daughter (K-2) had their AOS interview yesterday in the Fresno, CA USCIS branch office and were approved on the spot. :)

We waited around 20 minutes before we were called in for our appointment time and then we were called upon by the IO to their office to begin the interview. We had a very nice lady interviewer and right off the bat she told me that she had gone over our case and appreciated the fact of me submitting (frontloaded) any evidence for my wife/daughters I-485. My wife was then swore in and she only asked her how we met and our current home address. The only other detail that the IO covered was the general questions on the I-485 form in which I interpreted for my wife and she replied promptly to all. She was very appreciative of me being the interpreter and sparked up a brief conversation with our 5 year old daughter in English with an inquiry of what was her favorite activity in school (Kindergarten). My daughter responded "coloring" and she mentioned that it was also her granddaughters favorite school activity. The interview was more like a friendly conversation amongst a couple people and my wife/daughter felt very comfortable. Lastly, she congratulated us on approval and said that they should receive their Green cards within 2 weeks while going over the details for removing conditions in 2 years. She also stated when my wife can apply for her US citizenship while daughter being eligible to derive citizenship by law since she will still be under 18. We took our original copies of marriage, birth certificates (with translation), and passports but she was only interested in viewing the details on my wife/daughters passport and my US birth certificate.

Anyhow, this concludes our AOS journey for a while until ROC God willing. I have gone ahead and scheduled my wife's appointment for her DMV written exam for late September while it's back to Kindergarten for my daughter after missing school yesterday.

Best of luck to all the fellow April AOS filers! :)

That´s awesome to hear! Congratulations to you and your family on the approval. My interview is next week and my wife and I already went to our attorney´s office this week for the interview prep. Hopefully, it will go as smoothly as yours. This process has been quite a rollercoaster and I cant wait for it to be over. hehe

- Adjustment of Status -

03/27/2015 Filed AOS package (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131) through attorney.
04/08/2015 (Day 0): USCIS Received package and accepted fingerprint fee.
05/01/2015 (Day 23): Biometrics done, early walk in.
07/06/2015 (Day 89): USCIS Website updated, received text and email. Approved EAD/AP.
07/10/2015 (Day 93): EAD/AP Mailed to my address.
07/15/2015 (Day 98): Received EA D/AP in mail.
07/21/2015 (Day 104): Applied f or SSN.
07/24/2015 (Day 107): USCIS Scheduled interview date for 9/1/2015 Website updated, text and email sent.
08/01/2015 (Day 115): Received SSN in mail.
09/01/2015 (Day 146): Interview, approved with passport stamp!
09/01/2015 (Day 146): Website Updated in less than an hour after interview, text and email. Welcome Notice Mailed/Card Production.

09/04/2015 (Day 149): Website Updated Card Was Mailed

09/05/2015 (Day 150): Received Welcome Notice in the Mail

09/08/2015 (Day 153): Received Green Card!! :dance: :D :yes: :thumbs:

event.png

Timeline

That´s awesome to hear! Congratulations to you and your family on the approval. My interview is next week and my wife and I already went to our attorney´s office this week for the interview prep. Hopefully, it will go as smoothly as yours. This process has been quite a rollercoaster and I cant wait for it to be over. hehe

Gracias!!!

Best of luck to you guys on your interview. There is nothing to fear, all will go well. :)

-Gera

K-1

October 9, 2014: RFE hardcopy received (General question missed on I-129F part 3) *Oops

November 25, 2014: NVChard copy received (case was forwarded to Ciudad Juarez, Mexico Consulate)

November 30, 2014: Filled out forms DS-160 online for fiancé (K-1) and step daughter (K-2)

December 22, 2014: Paid visa fees online and scheduled ASC Biometrics + Interview

January 22, 2015: Medical exam at Clinica Medica Internacional (Ciudad Juarez, Mexico)

January 26, 2015: Picked up medical results for fiancé (K-1) and step daughter (K-2)

February 3, 2015: Passports ready for pickup via email/DHL tracking (DHL Ciudad Juarez, Mexico - Lopez Mateos) POE El Paso, TX

AOS

ROC

Timeline

Hey guys, I received my green card and my husband and I are planning on traveling out of the country but a friend is telling us that I need a travel document. I've never heard anything so ridiculous before. Is it true? I thought you could travel with the green card since I'm a resident now. Does anyone know? Can't call uscis since it's sunday

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

All u need is your passport and/or visa to the country you are going to and when coming back to the USA all you need is your passport and your green card

Timeline

All u need is your passport and/or visa to the country you are going to and when coming back to the USA all you need is your passport and your green card

That's what I thought but this person kept insisting we need to file for a travel permit. We thought it was ridiculous, thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hey guys, I received my green card and my husband and I are planning on traveling out of the country but a friend is telling us that I need a travel document. I've never heard anything so ridiculous before. Is it true? I thought you could travel with the green card since I'm a resident now. Does anyone know? Can't call uscis since it's sunday

Your GC overrides the Advanced Parole (travel document) that your friend is talking about! Grab your GC and Passport and enjoy your travels.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So glad I did not discard the 2nd EAD card for my son, got a letter from USCIS reclaiming the duplicate card. I filled out the form and signed it and enclosed the EAD. My son is at his girlfriend's house for the week before school starts so I hope it is ok that I signed since he is under 18 yrs old. Do you guys think it will cause a problem that I signed the form? I printed (mother) beside my signature if that helps any.

Pnyim4.png2LiSm4.png

Timeline

Hello everyone,

My wife/daughter received their Welcome Notices in the mail today. Still no Combo Card for my wife but just thought I'd provide an update on that one too although it's pointless by now LOL!

Have a great week and hope to hear about some more good news from fellow April filers before the weekend. :)

K-1

AOS

ROC

Timeline

So glad I did not discard the 2nd EAD card for my son, got a letter from USCIS reclaiming the duplicate card. I filled out the form and signed it and enclosed the EAD. My son is at his girlfriend's house for the week before school starts so I hope it is ok that I signed since he is under 18 yrs old. Do you guys think it will cause a problem that I signed the form? I printed (mother) beside my signature if that helps any.

I received the same letter. Have to send the second one back.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.