1,829 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations everyone!

We all are trying to build our new life here. I feel so happy we are slowly integrating with the community, our jobs, and just the way of living.

I don't post everyday but I always visit ? I hope to hear some good news about GC for those with NPIW ?❤️

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS  (CSC) FROM K1 VISA

06.23.17 - Application sent

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

07.10.17 - Biomentrics Notice (via Post mail)

07.17.17 - Biometrics schedule

09.16.17 - 10 year GC received

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.26.2020 - Online Application

02.27.2020 - NOA

03.16.2020 - Biometrics Appointment

03.06.2020 - Biometrics Completed (Walk in)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good morning,

My wife just got off the phone with USCIS since she has yet to receive her EAD/AP Combo Card. She was transferred immediately to a tier 2 agent this time and an expedited case was created in order for her Combo Card to be pushed through. Per the tier 2 agent, she should be receiving the Combo Card within 10 days?

Our AOS interview is next Tuesday and we are strongly focused on that matter but my wife wants to receive closure on the "case of the missing Combo Card". Go figure!

Hope that everyone has a great week. :)

K-1

August 1, 2014: I-129F packet sent (USPS Priority mail)

August 5, 2014: NOA1 received (email/text)

August 9, 2014: NOA1 hardcopy received/Alien Registration Number changed

October 3, 2014: RFE notice received (email/text)

October 9, 2014: RFE hardcopy received (General question missed on I-129F part 3) *Oops

October 10, 2014: RFE response inquiry sent (USPS Priority mail)

October 15, 2014: RFE response review (USCIS)

October 21, 2014: NOA2 I-129F was approved (email/text)

October 28, 2014: NOA2 hardcopy received

November 13, 2014: NVC received and case number assigned

November 25, 2014: NVChard copy received (case was forwarded to Ciudad Juarez, Mexico Consulate)

November 30, 2014: Filled out forms DS-160 online for fiancé (K-1) and step daughter (K-2)

December 3, 2014: Ciudad Juarez, Mexico Consulate received case

December 18, 2014: NOA3 hardcopy received from Ciudad Juarez, Mexico Consulate

December 22, 2014: Paid visa fees online and scheduled ASC Biometrics + Interview

January 20, 2015: Biometrics for fiancé in Guadalajara Jalisco, Mexico

January 22, 2015: Medical exam at Clinica Medica Internacional (Ciudad Juarez, Mexico)

January 26, 2015: Picked up medical results for fiancé (K-1) and step daughter (K-2)

January 27, 2015: Interview APPROVED!!! (Ciudad Juarez, Mexico)

January 30, 2015: CEAC status "Issued"

January 31, 2015: DHL tracking number received via email

February 3, 2015: Passports ready for pickup via email/DHL tracking (DHL Ciudad Juarez, Mexico - Lopez Mateos) POE El Paso, TX

April 11, 2015: MARRIED 

AOS

April 23, 2015: AOS/EAD/AP packet sent USPS Priority mail (K-1/K-2)

May 5, 2015: NOA1 received (email/text)

May 9, 2015: NOA1 hardcopies received (6) - Dated "4/28/15"

May 16, 2015: Biometrics appointment letter received

May 18, 2015: Biometrics completed (early walk-in)

July 10, 2015: EAD/AP approved (K-1/K-2)

August 25, 2015: AOS interview (K-1/K-2) Fresno, CA "APPROVED" 

September 4, 2015: Green Card received

ROC

May 26, 2017: ROC packet sent USPS Priority mail (K-1/K-2)

June 3, 2017: NOA1 received 

June 17, 2017: Biometrics appointment letter received

June 20, 2017: Biometrics completed (early walk-in)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good afternoon peeps. Hope all is well. We'll some good news for me today. I got my social security card today in the mail so I can get my drivers license and state id.

Well hope to hear some more good news today.

Filed: Country: Kenya
Timeline

Good morning,

My wife just got off the phone with USCIS since she has yet to receive her EAD/AP Combo Card. She was transferred immediately to a tier 2 agent this time and an expedited case was created in order for her Combo Card to be pushed through. Per the tier 2 agent, she should be receiving the Combo Card within 10 days?

Our AOS interview is next Tuesday and we are strongly focused on that matter but my wife wants to receive closure on the "case of the missing Combo Card". Go figure!

Good luck on your AOS interview-All will go well.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good Afternoon everyone, today I finally received my SS CARD..2 weeks to the day from applying..Got to my bank and straightened out the confusion, they never dealt with someone going through this process before. Now all that's left is our AOS INTERVIEW..NO DATE SET YET...

Timeline

Good luck on your AOS interview-All will go well.

Thank you! :)

Congrats to everyone that is receiving good news this week.

K-1

October 9, 2014: RFE hardcopy received (General question missed on I-129F part 3) *Oops

November 25, 2014: NVChard copy received (case was forwarded to Ciudad Juarez, Mexico Consulate)

November 30, 2014: Filled out forms DS-160 online for fiancé (K-1) and step daughter (K-2)

December 22, 2014: Paid visa fees online and scheduled ASC Biometrics + Interview

January 22, 2015: Medical exam at Clinica Medica Internacional (Ciudad Juarez, Mexico)

January 26, 2015: Picked up medical results for fiancé (K-1) and step daughter (K-2)

February 3, 2015: Passports ready for pickup via email/DHL tracking (DHL Ciudad Juarez, Mexico - Lopez Mateos) POE El Paso, TX

AOS

ROC

We have our interview tomorrow here in Las Vegas at 12:15 p.m. While I love to say that I am cool, calm and collected, that is not the case. I am anxious and I am unsure why. We filed back on March 31 and have not had any RFE's. Did Biometrics and went through and received the EAD card no problem. We have everything in order as far as our paperwork is concerned yet still I am nervous. We have all of the required paperwork from the list in a binder along with a joint car title, three months of bank statements, a joint utility bill, two joint credit card statements and made a hard bound book with approximately 200 photos spanning from 2006 to present. I am the USC and my partner the beneficiary and we have been waiting for this day for a long time now. I will be reporting tomorrow in detail on the experience.

ROC

5/31/17 mailed packet to CSC priority mail

6/05/17 NOA1 received.  (Dated 6/1/2017)

6/17/17 NOA2 received.  Biometrics Appt. on 6/27

6/27/17 Biometrics completed

Filed: Country: Kenya
Timeline

We have our interview tomorrow here in Las Vegas at 12:15 p.m. While I love to say that I am cool, calm and collected, that is not the case. I am anxious and I am unsure why. We filed back on March 31 and have not had any RFE's. Did Biometrics and went through and received the EAD card no problem. We have everything in order as far as our paperwork is concerned yet still I am nervous. We have all of the required paperwork from the list in a binder along with a joint car title, three months of bank statements, a joint utility bill, two joint credit card statements and made a hard bound book with approximately 200 photos spanning from 2006 to present. I am the USC and my partner the beneficiary and we have been waiting for this day for a long time now. I will be reporting tomorrow in detail on the experience.

It's really normal to be anxious at this time but try and breath in, breath out, believe that everything will be alright.Good luck tomorrow:)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Good luck!

Timeline

Good luck!!!

Good morning peeps. I went to the dmv this morning t do my written and driving test and I pass both. I got my license today

Congrats!!! I will be scheduling my wife's DMV for her written and drivers test sometime next month God willing.

K-1

AOS

ROC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case.

Receipt Number: MSCxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On August 19, 2015, we mailed your new card for Receipt Number MSC1590972318, to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your card by September 18, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we send your new card to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application. If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

• Log-in to your myUSCIS account to view your case history and understand what you can expect to happen next on your case.
  • Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at under Check Processing Times.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

after almost 4 weeks of being approved zzZ I hope the card gets here soon

(4/13/15): Uscis received my documents AOS EAD

(4/17/15): Notice date for Biometrics

(5/06/15): 11am, Biometric done

(6/20/15) Letter received for i-485 interview for (July 22nd 2015 9:35am wednesday)

(6/24/15): (on June 29th, I was annoyed because I have not heard anything about my i-765 for EAD, and case status was not updated since April 13th saying we received your package. So I called USCIS and after talking to them for awhile I found out my I-765 was already approved and letter was sent at June 24th 2015, so that was a good news, but I still have not received my approval letter yet and my case status is still not updated.

(6/29/15): Called USCIS regarding my i-765 EAD, read (6/24/15)

*(6/29/15): Went home later that day after college, and found out I did receive my i-765 approval letter :D But case status online still not updated.

(7/9/15): EAD Recieved :D

(7/10/15): Applied for SSN

(7/22/15): Aos Interview

(7/23/15): Green card / Interview approved card in production

(7/27/15): Welcome Notice mail received in mail ^~^

(8/01/15): Social Security Card Arrived :D

(8/10/15): Permit acquired :) 1 wrong on written test. (9/01/15): Behind the wheel test

(8/19/15): Notification my Green Card has been mailed :3

(8/20/15): Approved for my very first credit card (Amazon store card, $800)

(8/20/15): Green Card is finally here ! its so sexy!!!

(End of my AOS journey)

(Military / Citizenship)

(8/21/2015): Talked to Marine Corps recruiter, Fixed my Social Security card (Work Only DHS Removed)

(8/24/2015): Practice Asvab taken

(8/15/2015): First Poole program as a guest, tiring day

(8/28/2015): New SSN arrived, (Unrestricted)

(8/29/2015): Went to see my recruiter to sign documents with my wife

(9/12/2015): First time visiting Korea in 17 years. Thanks to my Green Card

(11/04/2015): Passed my Drivers license test after 2 tries, at Santa Teresa DMV.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Good morning,

Your interview is the same date of our wedding anniversary :) :).... I wish you the best during your interview. Please let us know how things go. Good luck!

Just got back from the interview. Here is the recap.

We arrived at 11:45 a.m. for a 12:15 p.m. appointment. We were let into the building at noon and were asked to sit and wait until our name was called. It was myself and my spouse, our attorney and an interpreter. After 45 minutes we were called in by the officer into her office. There were only three chairs in her office so she asked that the interpreter leave and that I (USC) translate during the proceedings. We were asked for identification and we were given instructions about how the proceedings would work. Were told that we could ask questions at any time and that at any time for any reason we could leave the interview but that by doing so we would be defaulting the application. If at any time we wanted to stop the interview and ask the attorney for advise, we could also do it. She turned on her monitors and on one of the screens was a document that said congratulations on your I-485 application. We hadn't even started the formal interview and the officer had already made her decision. My spouse couldn't see it but I could so that inside assured me quite a bit. She printed that document and hid it under the application.

We were sworn in and we were asked how we met and how long we had known each other. If at any time during the relationship we had separated. We answered that and moved on to verifying things in the application. First they asked me (USC) and then my spouse. We answered all questions in the application, primarily to verify that all the information was input accurately into the system. At the end she looked through the pictures we had submitted and asked us where we got married and where we worked.

She took out the paper she had printed initially and provided it to us, congratulated us and off we went. The entire process took under 20 minutes. We are super super excited!

What we brought to the interview were all the original documents, plus more pictures, a photo book I made online, bank statements, credit card statements, insurance paperwork, joint car title. I asked her is she wanted to see any of it and she said no. Again, her mind was already made up before we went into the room.

We initially filed March 31, 2015, so it took us 140 days from beginning to end. Good Luck to all my fellow applicants. The build up to the interview is intense and nerve wracking but just remember just to be honest and there is no question that you should be able to answer as you are the ones that are living the relationship.

Again, for those whose interviews are coming up, be ready and stay calm and all will be well. For those waiting for the interview dates, hang in there.

While I would love to celebrate this right now, unfortunately , I have to get back to work. The smile on my face will not go away even if I am at work against my will. :)

ROC

5/31/17 mailed packet to CSC priority mail

6/05/17 NOA1 received.  (Dated 6/1/2017)

6/17/17 NOA2 received.  Biometrics Appt. on 6/27

6/27/17 Biometrics completed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.