dr_medovet

April 2015 I-130 Filers

962 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes indeed it was a very nice surprise, I think what helped speed my process is maybe the fact that I had a i130 petition back in 2013 that was approved then i cancelled it in the end of 2014 due to a divorce. So uscis may have considered that .

I got an email today for the i130 approval.

Congratulations!! Awesome news :joy:

IR1 Visa

Service Center: CSC

Marriage: 2011/09/24

Baby girl: 2012/12/31

I-130 Sent: 2015/04/08 - USC filing from abroad

NOA 1: 2015/04/10

NOA 2: 2015/05/20 - 40 days!!

NVC Received: 2015/06/05

Case number assigned: 2015/06/17

Submitted DS-261: 2015/07/05

Paid AOS fee: 2015/07/10

Paid IV fee: 2015/07/27

Submitted via email AOS and IV packets: 2015/07/27

Checklist: 2015/08/05 - for DS-260 was having website difficulties and didn't realise they would review our case in 11 days.

Submitted DS-260: 2015/08/07

Supervisor Review: 2015/09/14 - 38 days after submitted DS-260 and still waiting

Checklist/Email from Supervisor?: 2015/09/18 - for missing police certificate, even though we were suppose to submit directly to the Australian consulate. Emailed them as requested stating that info and called stating that info was told to wait another 30 days for them to respond?!?!?!?! :ranting: At least now I'm in direct email communication with a someone.

Case Complete!! - 2015/09/22 - 110 days

That's right, question..... I saw you filed a i130 and also an i129, will that help speed the process?

Not any more. Apparently, now they processing them in the same time frame as the I-130. It was free to file, so we took our chances.

We're at Vermont, and interestingly enough, (according to VJ processing stats) they supposedly looked at K3 with my priority date today! However, I'm not holding my breath.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My wonderful wife and I submitted the I-130 pitition and it was delivered April 1. Wishing you all the best, who have already applied and who will apply soon.

Best of luck :)

congrats hope your case will go fast where you fill your case ?

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Congratualtions. And for the rest of us I hate to be bearer of bad news, but I just called the National Service Center and the you lady that helped me advise me that Nebraska is on January 16 backlog. Soo let's add another three months on top of our normal five month wait. We should be receiving our approvals around the end of October beginning of November. Sorry :cry::crying:

By the way I sent a letter to my congress man.

July 22, 2015,

Dear Dr.Ruiz I am writing to you in an effort that you can perhaps bring to the floor of the Honorable Congress the Immigration process. You see back in march I submitted my immigration packet to the USCIS office in Nebraska in an effort to bring my wife to this country legally as she has never been here. We have been married for seven years and have two daughters that are three and four who derived us citizenship at the US Consulate in Tijuana.

My case was sent on March 25, 2015 and was received by the Nebraska Service Center on April 3rd. Since than I have been waiting for my case to be approved and sent over to the National Visa Center. Normal processing times according to USCIS are three to four months for US Citizens petitioning to bring an immediate relative abroad.

I constantly checked my case status online and continued to receive the same message "pending". Today 072215, I called the National Customer Service Center for USCIS and was helped very politely by young lady. I gave her the information she requested to verify my case. She informed me that my case is not approved yet as the Nebraska Service Center is behind and is only approving January petitions at this time. When asked an estimated time she was unable to give me an answer.

You see Dr.Ruiz this is a very frustrating process for some of us that have to wait months more maybe even more than a year to bring our loves ones here legally to be with us. Those of us that do everything by the book following every legal aspect of the Immigration process. I hope you take my words into consideration and maybe a different Immigration process system that's more adequate to our current times and not stuck in the 90's. In the meantime I have no other option, but to wait.

I thank you for all your hard work that you've done and continue to do in the Coachella Valley.

Respectfully, Alejandro Barragan resident of Mecca California.

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

I filed around the same time as you myself -- it seems like we still have a couple of more months wait at the least.

Yea just found out today that Nebraska is barely processing January petitions

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Yea just found out today that Nebraska is barely processing January petitions

Nebraska is processing January 16, 2014 I-130 cases as per USCIS web site.

03/09/2015- I-130 NOA1

08/05/2015- I-130 NOA2

I have filed for K-3 as well and It seems that it may got approval before I130 from VJ Processing timeline.

uscis_estimates.gif

Do you think the processing time for K3s at Vermont is actually true? Haven't seen any new approvals so far. According to VJ they are moving prettiness quickly!

I think the only way to know it is actually calling. The users here at VJ are only a sample of the total population that is on the process so it might not be the most accurate information, maybe yes, maybe no. And even though you call, each Service Center officer will have a different pile of files and each and everyone of them might process the cases at a different speed due to many factors as RFEs, expediting, fraud risk and etcetera. I'm waiting til the first day after the famous five month estimated time to call nonstop :)

I think the only way to know it is actually calling. The users here at VJ are only a sample of the total population that is on the process so it might not be the most accurate information, maybe yes, maybe no. And even though you call, each Service Center officer will have a different pile of files and each and everyone of them might process the cases at a different speed due to many factors as RFEs, expediting, fraud risk and etcetera. I'm waiting til the first day after the famous five month estimated time to call nonstop :)

I actually called yesterday, to see if u can get info on processing times. They said they only give dates for a particular center if it is experiencing a delay. Vermont is processing within the 5 months. On the other hand, Nebraska is running behind. So it was interesting that and April filer got approved so quickly whose file was in Nebraska and while others may have to wait a bit longer than 5 months.

Just trying to figure out how all this works.

Also according to VJ, Vemont is processing K3s for April 20 today and my priority date for our K3 is Aoril 17th.?

I know I've said I'm not holding my breath, but I am! Want to move on with life already! Plus it's expensive planning trips back and forth home.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.