dr_medovet

April 2015 I-130 Filers

962 posts in this topic

My case was submitted to Nebraska and it's still stuck there ever since . I have made several calls to USCIS, but only being told to wait up to 5 months, grrrr. so frustrating..

My timeline:

Married on 25th of June, 2010 In Vietnam

My daughter was born 3th of March 2012

CRBA birth certificate and US passport received for my child August, 2014

I-130 application mailed on 17th of March 2015 Vermont, Nebraska

NOA1 received: April 1st, 2015
NOA2------waiting

It's so unfair when genuine married couple like us have to live in separate way and mentally suffered versus those so called " fiance" are getting better treatment and quick visa service.

I have seen many 129f filers getting their visa within 3 months and most of us are still waiting to get approve on the first step of NOA1!

I spoke to countless uscis agents all told me " all applicants are being view on first comes first serve basis" which is full of it.

Having a family, but being home alone like house arrest is enough to make me sick!

Unfortunately it is what it is. I just dont understand how people that commit fraud have so much patience with this. As hippie as it may sound, you can only go through this if you're truly in love.

Like I said, it is how it works, how the system is. I try to accept it as angry and as frustrated as I can get and look towards the future. And get hobbies, thats key. (I am learning a new language, learnt to knit, going to the gym, planning a wedding party in here, working, and spending time with people that I wont get to see very often once I move with hubby)

And it's true, until you pass the estimated processing times they put on USCIS you can't do much.

Have any of you tried to contact "Office of the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman"?

I did indeed sent out a request yesterday. Today i received email from them. I don't give much hope on, but at least it worths a try.

Here is:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the recent request for assistance that you submitted to the Office of the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman. Your submission is being reviewed to determine how our office may assist. If we are able to help, you will receive correspondence regarding the inquiry from our office within 45 business days. If our office is unable to assist, we will notify you promptly.

You may contact us at 1-855-882-8100 (toll-free), (202) 357-8100 (local) or cisombudsman@hq.dhs.gov. Please reference case number XXXXX1 if you have any questions or need further assistance.

Sincerely,

Office of the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman
U.S. Department of Homeland Security DB1KM2TD3NC4
Washington, DC 20528-0180
Toll-Free: 1-855-882-8100
Phone: 202-357-8100
Email: cisombudsman@hq.dhs.gov
Web: www.dhs.gov/cisombudsman

My timeline:

Married on 25th of June, 2010 In Vietnam

My daughter was born 3th of March 2012

CRBA birth certificate and US passport received for my child August, 2014

I-130 application mailed on 17th of March 2015 Vermont, Nebraska

NOA1 received: April 1st, 2015
NOA2------waiting

It's so unfair when genuine married couple like us have to live in separate way and mentally suffered versus those so called " fiance" are getting better treatment and quick visa service.

I have seen many 129f filers getting their visa within 3 months and most of us are still waiting to get approve on the first step of NOA1!

I spoke to countless uscis agents all told me " all applicants are being view on first comes first serve basis" which is full of it.

Having a family, but being home alone like house arrest is enough to make me sick!

Unfortunately it is what it is. I just dont understand how people that commit fraud have so much patience with this. As hippie as it may sound, you can only go through this if you're truly in love.

Like I said, it is how it works, how the system is. I try to accept it as angry and as frustrated as I can get and look towards the future. And get hobbies, thats key. (I am learning a new language, learnt to knit, going to the gym, planning a wedding party in here, working, and spending time with people that I wont get to see very often once I move with hubby)

And it's true, until you pass the estimated processing times they put on USCIS you can't do much.

Exactly what BrenPuchot has said. Honestly until you get past the estimated processing times you can't do much UNLESS you have a valid reason for an expedite. Unfortunately missing your spouse is not a valid reason. These are the reasons if you're curious http://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria. And once you get through USCIS, you still have the NVC process, which you may or may not be able to get expedited. That is completely dependant on the beneficiary's embassy.

And I do think USCIS process packets more or less in the order received but my opinion is there might be 3-4 different stacks at each center. Depending on your application depends on what stack you're put in. If you get put in the stack that the majority of the applications get put in, then it takes longer. If your application qualifies to be put in one of the smaller stacks then it goes through quicker but you still have to wait your turn in that stack.

IR1 Visa

Service Center: CSC

Marriage: 2011/09/24

Baby girl: 2012/12/31

I-130 Sent: 2015/04/08 - USC filing from abroad

NOA 1: 2015/04/10

NOA 2: 2015/05/20 - 40 days!!

NVC Received: 2015/06/05

Case number assigned: 2015/06/17

Submitted DS-261: 2015/07/05

Paid AOS fee: 2015/07/10

Paid IV fee: 2015/07/27

Submitted via email AOS and IV packets: 2015/07/27

Checklist: 2015/08/05 - for DS-260 was having website difficulties and didn't realise they would review our case in 11 days.

Submitted DS-260: 2015/08/07

Supervisor Review: 2015/09/14 - 38 days after submitted DS-260 and still waiting

Checklist/Email from Supervisor?: 2015/09/18 - for missing police certificate, even though we were suppose to submit directly to the Australian consulate. Emailed them as requested stating that info and called stating that info was told to wait another 30 days for them to respond?!?!?!?! :ranting: At least now I'm in direct email communication with a someone.

Case Complete!! - 2015/09/22 - 110 days

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, I finally got case number and invoice number. Does anyone know how long it takes to be able to go online and pay the fees?

When you got your case number, were you able to give them your email addresses?

Does anyone know how long it takes until they will allow you to give them your email addresses?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

to answer my own question. I was able to find a place on ceac.state.gov to submit my email address, although the rep said the system wasn't ready to accept my email address yet.

Wait for two weeks then call NVC again.

I completed the DS-261 online, clicked on to send email confirmation, but nothing got emailed. Online it shows "ds-261 completed"... hopefully they got the email recorded correctly.

I asked for email confirmation too when I submitted my DS-261 and when I paid the AOS fee and haven't gotten any of it. I think I read in the wiki that sometimes emails take 2-3 weeks to come through so I'm not worried yet.

IR1 Visa

Checklist: 2015/08/05 - for DS-260 was having website difficulties and didn't realise they would review our case in 11 days.

Supervisor Review: 2015/09/14 - 38 days after submitted DS-260 and still waiting

Checklist/Email from Supervisor?: 2015/09/18 - for missing police certificate, even though we were suppose to submit directly to the Australian consulate. Emailed them as requested stating that info and called stating that info was told to wait another 30 days for them to respond?!?!?!?! :ranting: At least now I'm in direct email communication with a someone.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I asked for email confirmation too when I submitted my DS-261 and when I paid the AOS fee and haven't gotten any of it. I think I read in the wiki that sometimes emails take 2-3 weeks to come through so I'm not worried yet.

do you get IV invoice email?

Timeline

ok, btw, I chose "no agent" and put beneficiary's email and address on DS-261. Hope that's ok.

Also, I read about people calling NVC and giving both petitioner's & beneficiary's email addresses to the rep. What's the purpose of giving two email addresses, if DS-261 only seems to require one?

do you get IV invoice email?

Not yet... Just completed the DS-261 and paid the AOS fee ($120). Just working on getting everything together to submit for the IV and AOS packets though email since I'm eligible for EP.

ok, btw, I chose "no agent" and put beneficiary's email and address on DS-261. Hope that's ok.

Also, I read about people calling NVC and giving both petitioner's & beneficiary's email addresses to the rep. What's the purpose of giving two email addresses, if DS-261 only seems to require one?

I made myself an agent but the way you've done it should be fine... I tried the whole calling NVC to give them both our email addresses but this was when their systems were down and my case was locked so they weren't able to do that. So just waited for the DS-261.

Are you going to do EP or have you decided yet?

IR1 Visa

Timeline

Not yet... Just completed the DS-261 and paid the AOS fee ($120). Just working on getting everything together to submit for the IV and AOS packets though email since I'm eligible for EP.

I made myself an agent but the way you've done it should be fine... I tried the whole calling NVC to give them both our email addresses but this was when their systems were down and my case was locked so they weren't able to do that. So just waited for the DS-261.

Are you going to do EP or have you decided yet?

I am not sure, but I think we will be doing the EP as well.

I think during July and August,we'd like to pay whatever fees there are online. If allowed, maybe submit the DS 260 online.

Start collecting and compiling the IV and AOS packets, maybe hold off sending it, first have the petitioner move back to the US and sign the house lease. At that point mail the IV and AOS and the affidavit of support.

So far that's our plan, we'll see once NVC gives more info on what's next.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi guys. I'm glad I found this

Filed early April for my wife

Priority date April 13th

Sent to Texas service center

I check everyday and it says "case was received"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.