dr_medovet

April 2015 I-130 Filers

962 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

I believe people are just trying to be encouraging because they are or were in our shoes not long ago. Just trying to update so we know that they received news and so will we. It's helpful because USCIS doesn't give us any info until they've made a decision or they need more information and seeing peoples updates give us an idea of where they are at and that progress is being made. Knowing how much this sucks makes me happy for the people who are close to being done.

Best of luck with your case and hope it is all resolved ASAP!

Thank you and good luck to you too!Hope you get news soon!

I don't know how long you have or other people have been following this thread but I have from the very beginning and let me just say that some people are not in the same situation we are.The law is that way and their cases are treated differently.They know from the start that everything will take 5 months or less for them.

I had suggested before and plenty people agreed that there should be a different group for people from countries that get expedited.Comparing your case to theirs will only get you disappointed in the long run if you expect to get the results they did.

I-130 Sent : 2015-04-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2015-04-09
I-130 RFE : 2015-08-22
I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-09-19
I-130 Approved : 2015-09-28
NVC Received : 2015-10-09
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-10-27
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-11-04
Send AOS Package : 2015-11-24
Submit DS-261 : 2015-10-27
Receive IV Bill : 2015-11-10
Pay IV Bill : 2015-11-10
Send IV Package : 2015-11-24
Scan Date 2015-11-27
Case Completed at NVC : 2016-01-06
Interview Date : 2016-02-03

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you and good luck to you too!Hope you get news soon!

I don't know how long you have or other people have been following this thread but I have from the very beginning and let me just say that some people are not in the same situation we are.The law is that way and their cases are treated differently.They know from the start that everything will take 5 months or less for them.

I had suggested before and plenty people agreed that there should be a different group for people from countries that get expedited.Comparing your case to theirs will only get you disappointed in the long run if you expect to get the results they did.

Oh i had no idea some countries get expedited. I have a better understanding of what you are saying now. Fortunately September should be a good month for us and we can start living our lives soon. Sincerely hope for a quick and easy resolution so you can be with your husband.

You know, I hear what everyone is saying. It's a mixed bag of feelings for me too! Even though I really happy for the people that are moving on, there is a hint jealously there saying why isn't this me? Hey, I'm only human. Here's the thing though, in a few weeks people who filed in May and June will feel the same way I do, and that makes me a bit sad because I wouldn't want anyone to feel the emptiness I feel when I'm not with my husband.

And, those expedited people make me a wee bit angry too ? (lol) But, it is what is! Most of all, I'm so happy to be in love with the sexiest man in the world, that none of those feelings ever last very long. Four and half years ago I never dreamed that I'd be this lucky.

I suggest we spend the time getting to know and supporting each other cause I sure needed a friend to remind me of all of that yesterday.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

You know, I hear what everyone is saying. It's a mixed bag of feelings for me too! Even though I really happy for the people that are moving on, there is a hint jealously there saying why isn't this me? Hey, I'm only human. Here's the thing though, in a few weeks people who filed in May and June will feel the same way I do, and that makes me a bit sad because I wouldn't want anyone to feel the emptiness I feel when I'm not with my husband.

And, those expedited people make me a wee bit angry too ? (lol) But, it is what is! Most of all, I'm so happy to be in love with the sexiest man in the world, that none of those feelings ever last very long. Four and half years ago I never dreamed that I'd be this lucky.

I suggest we spend the time getting to know and supporting each other cause I sure needed a friend to remind me of all of that yesterday.

I feel for all of those hopping on this train now and I am very happy for those approved after waiting months upon months and are now moving on with their lives.. I don't have much time though for those that don't seem to have good intent in what they're saying and although they like to pretend to,have no idea what most of us have to go through.

As you perfectly said the fact that we've found our soulmates is what matters in the end. We are all very lucky.But after saying goodbye to my husband for the 7th time in the past 3 years yesterday I can't help but feel a bit hopeless when I see people pretending to know what it's like especially when I probably won't see him for the next 6-7 months.

I'm here for everyone that wants someone to talk to when things get hard.We are all in this together.

I wish good luck to everyone.

(F)

I-130 Sent : 2015-04-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2015-04-09
I-130 RFE : 2015-08-22
I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-09-19
I-130 Approved : 2015-09-28
NVC Received : 2015-10-09
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-10-27
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-11-04
Send AOS Package : 2015-11-24
Submit DS-261 : 2015-10-27
Receive IV Bill : 2015-11-10
Pay IV Bill : 2015-11-10
Send IV Package : 2015-11-24
Scan Date 2015-11-27
Case Completed at NVC : 2016-01-06
Interview Date : 2016-02-03

Exactly what you said!

Luckily I am busy working, studying and planning the wedding party here in Argentina, but I still do feel empty and sad and all that...

Things are always more satisfying when you work hard for them, makes it all worth it!

Let's hang in here guys, there's a lot of life to live ahead, this is just an annoying process before all the beautiful things that will come ahead.

I think I just became a hippie lol

How's everyone holding up today? On Tuesday it will finally be September! Some of us will be hitting that 5 months marker next week!!

Well, I'm counting down the days to go home in November! Already making a shopping and packing list. And, work here at home is about to go into full swing starting September 10th. Decided to go back to working out 5 days s week starting tomorrow, and spending the next 12 weeks take good care of me! I leave November 24 and then I'll spend all week taking care of hubby?. Hope to find a nice beach resort for a few days. I'll start looking today.

The best part is by then, we'll have a clearer sense of how soon we'll be together for good!!

What are y'all up to today?

Cheers everybody! We're almost there!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I feel for all of those hopping on this train now and I am very happy for those approved after waiting months upon months and are now moving on with their lives.. I don't have much time though for those that don't seem to have good intent in what they're saying and although they like to pretend to,have no idea what most of us have to go through.

As you perfectly said the fact that we've found our soulmates is what matters in the end. We are all very lucky.But after saying goodbye to my husband for the 7th time in the past 3 years yesterday I can't help but feel a bit hopeless when I see people pretending to know what it's like especially when I probably won't see him for the next 6-7 months.

I'm here for everyone that wants someone to talk to when things get hard.We are all in this together.

I wish good luck to everyone.

(F)

I agree...It's hard to say good bye to your loved ones not knowing when you get to see him/her next time.

Not having any solid plans for our near future irks me too.

We definitely doing holidays together and wanna get my tickets right away before they get too expensive, but what if our case gets approved BEFORE the holidays..? Tickets will be wasted..Just not able to plan your immediet future sucks big time.

Just out of curiosity, I checked USCIS case status search with numbers that are close to mine.

EVERYONE around my number is approved, and we are the only ones that's not been approved.

I suggest everyone not to do this because this will just get you depressed even more..lol

SO sick and tired of this waiting game.

My case was transfered to other office and other office has jurisdiction.

I was in Vermont centre.

What it mean by? Anybody has same thing?

We're at Vermont too. We haven't bee transferred, but quite a few others have been. You're certainly not alone. Edited by Stone23

I agree...It's hard to say good bye to your loved ones not knowing when you get to see him/her next time.

We definitely doing holidays together and wanna get my tickets right away before they get too expensive, but what if our case gets approved BEFORE the holidays..? Tickets will be wasted..Just not able to plan your immediet future sucks big time.

Just out of curiosity, I checked USCIS case status search with numbers that are close to mine.

EVERYONE around my number is approved, and we are the only ones that's not been approved.

I suggest everyone not to do this because this will just get you depressed even more..lol

I check the numbers around ours also! Same thing! Can't make any sense of it. Makes you feel worst.

Everyone from Vermont is getting transferred except us. Not sure if it's good or bad, but I do know it makes me nervous.

Trying to focus on going home in two months rather that this process. Seems like we all have had it!

For all we know USCIS might not number cases sequentially. It doesn't make sense why they wouldn't do that but nothing they do seems to make sense so it wouldn't surprise me! So I wouldn't get too annoyed at all the case numbers around you being approved.

IR1 Visa

Service Center: CSC

Marriage: 2011/09/24

Baby girl: 2012/12/31

I-130 Sent: 2015/04/08 - USC filing from abroad

NOA 1: 2015/04/10

NOA 2: 2015/05/20 - 40 days!!

NVC Received: 2015/06/05

Case number assigned: 2015/06/17

Submitted DS-261: 2015/07/05

Paid AOS fee: 2015/07/10

Paid IV fee: 2015/07/27

Submitted via email AOS and IV packets: 2015/07/27

Checklist: 2015/08/05 - for DS-260 was having website difficulties and didn't realise they would review our case in 11 days.

Submitted DS-260: 2015/08/07

Supervisor Review: 2015/09/14 - 38 days after submitted DS-260 and still waiting

Checklist/Email from Supervisor?: 2015/09/18 - for missing police certificate, even though we were suppose to submit directly to the Australian consulate. Emailed them as requested stating that info and called stating that info was told to wait another 30 days for them to respond?!?!?!?! :ranting: At least now I'm in direct email communication with a someone.

Case Complete!! - 2015/09/22 - 110 days

did you check if the numbers around you were for the same type of case? I remember when I did that once I found they weren't.

You can see what type of case it is. It probably best not to try to figure it out. It just adds to an already trying situation.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

did you check if the numbers around you were for the same type of case? I remember when I did that once I found they weren't.

?

Two souls ? with but a single thought, two ? that beat as one. M & K ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.