1,304 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

so embassy called my mom and spouse.. well I have filed for both.. and they gave interview for April 28.. we haven't done medical or anything. They called us yesterday for the interview next week.. no medical yet .. I don't know what's going on..btw my case was expedited and nvc sent it to embassy after the case completion at nvc

Likewise. It is absolute ********* ***** and makes me want to ******* *******. :wow: haha :goofy:

In all seriousness though its such a shame that even once we have a CC it can take over a month just for a interview DATE. Tbh I am shocked at that the US government thinks it is ok to treat it OWN citizens in this manner. Irregardless of us, it is standard practice to keep spouses from their partners and children for upwards of 16 months which is stunning.

But I have my fingers crossed that next week we can start seeing some more interviews :)

Oh God... we just got our CC yesterday! I would say about two weeks later than we should have gotten it due to an NVC f**kup that was corrected last Friday, which means we missed any opportunity to get an interview in May.

I'm assuming you're going through the London Embassy too! I guess I'll just hunker down and plan to wait for up to a month or more to hear about our interview :o

It has already been 16 months for us and * EVERY* STEP OF THE WAY has involved some screwup or delay of some kind. We don't mind waiting till June for the interview but my best friend is getting married at the very end of June in Chicago and she REALLY wants us both at the wedding. I've already told her theirs a possibility hubby won't be at the wedding because he might have his interview then. But it would be great if JUST THIS ONE TIME things went smoothly and the way we are hoping (interview in early June).

Timeline

Waiting for an interview date at the Islamabad embassy too? Just hold on, hopefully they'll be scheduling them soon iA. They had to cancel interviews for today and Monday because they're relocating to a new building, but hopefully we'll have the same fortune as our Canadian friends and have a bunch of interviews scheduled at once.

Ya i noticed(By seeing spreadsheet past history) that islamabad embassy usualy assigns interviews only twice in a month....once in mid and once at the end or the start of next month.....What was urs scan and CC dates....?...we should hope Good...In sha Allah everything will be fine and we all will get interviews soon....!

• Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Marriage: 03-01-2014

I-130 Sent : 04-21-2014 I-130 Received at USCIS : 04-23-2014 I-130 NOA1 (Hardcopy) : 04-27-2014 (Waiting Period Started) :clock: I-130 NOA2 (Hardcopy) : 09-12-2014 :wow: Case sent to NVC by USCIS : 09-23-2014 NVC Case Received : 10-07-2014 Case Number Received : 10-27-2014 :idea: Completed DS-261,Paid AOS Fee : 11-05-2014 AOS Fee Showing Paid : 11-08-2014 IV Fee Generated and Paid : 11-11-2014 IV Fee showing Paid : 11-14-2014 Completed DS-260 : 11-15-2014 (Searching for Joint Sponsor) :clock: AOS & IV Package sent : 01-20-2015 NVC Received AOS and IV Packages : 01-22-2015 (60 Days waiting period starts) Case sent for supervisor review : 04-03-2015 (Due to no response till 70 days) Case Completed at NVC: 04-09-2015 :dancing: (After only 7 days in supervisor review) Interview Scheduled: 04-28-2015 (Confirmed by Phone call to NVC) (P4) Interview Letter : 04-29-2015 Status showed "In Transit" : 05-13-2015 Status showed "Ready" : 05-14-2015 Medical : 05-20-2015 (Alhamdulilah Went well) Interview: 06-09-2015 (Alhamdulilah Approved) worldwide Technical problem in visa printing : 06-09-2015 Visa Issued : 07-01-2015 :energy:(Alhamdulilah) Visa in Hand : 07-04-2015 (Islamabad Amex)(Alhamdulilah) POE at Chicago : 07-23-2015

When was your CC? Mine was on the 1st April. I really hope they get their act together soon. I am so frustrated at the moment. I had this idea that once CC is received its a quick and easy process but I should have considered more carefully. Tbh its a real concern coming from somewhere like the UK where there is a massive strive for efficiency in governance and seeing how backwards the situation is in the US. If it wasn't for my wife i'd be staying in Great Britain that's a certainty.

CC was 22 April. If my husband could get a job of equivalent status in the UK, he too, would rather stay in here. An expedited immigrant visa to UK takes 4 weeks form door to door! Sure it costs extra but it is possible.

I am not looking forward to life in the US if all involvements with state departments are like this. My husband has already warned me that I have to queue up from 6am if I want to get a car license renewed or get a drivers license! I thought he was joking.

This is frustration camp for all of us. If it wasn't for VJ I would have lost my mind by now. Forget the long wait. The main issue for me is not even knowing when the next step will complete and using peer experience to guess time frames. I 'guess' my interview will be end june, extrapolating from recent trends.

I am planning on meeting my husband in Mexico in May since I am not going to have an interview in May but really wish I was not forced into this longwinding route.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Ya i noticed(By seeing spreadsheet past history) that islamabad embassy usualy assigns interviews only twice in a month....once in mid and once at the end or the start of next month.....What was urs scan and CC dates....?...we should hope Good...In sha Allah everything will be fine and we all will get interviews soon....!

IA.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Had my scan date on 4/8 for a checklist and a CC this past Thursday, so crossing my fingers that we make the next threshold for interviews scheduled at the end of the month iA!

Edited by subz1987

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

so embassy called my mom and spouse.. well I have filed for both.. and they gave interview for April 28.. we haven't done medical or anything. They called us yesterday for the interview next week.. no medical yet .. I don't know what's going on..btw my case was expedited and nvc sent it to embassy after the case completion at nvc

Well I would get medical done. When you are requesting a expedite its always best to get medical done if your country allows without a interview letter Many medical places only need the case#. or NOA2 letter. Just go to interview they will h-old Visa until they get Visa results No big deal. Congratulations. Just a few days delay.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

For all people waiting for an interview in the UK there is a 'web chat' session available with a consular officer this Wednesday between 12 and 1pm British time.

This can be found here:

http://conx.adobeconnect.com/unitedkingdom

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Well it is now official the NVC have sent me the email confirming my expedite has been accpeted!... hopefully they mean it when they say "This file will be immediately forwarded to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General. "

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys! Can anyone tell me if the Marriott is close enough to the consulate to walk? It says 12 min on mapquest, but I just want to be sure before we book it! Thank you for the help!!

Well it is now official the NVC have sent me the email confirming my expedite has been accpeted!... hopefully they mean it when they say "This file will be immediately forwarded to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General. "

Congrats!!!!

Timeline

What I would like to know and maybe this is something the UK folk folk can ask on that web chat and people can ask their congressperson. Why do IR1CR1 Visas can't schedule their own interviews like K1's. :wow:

many of the embassies are already into June. I know for Lagos all you need is your case# which you get 2 weeks after NOA2 you pay Visa fee at the GTB bank in Nigeria and you ca actually schedule your interview without even getting a document together. Why is that? I am not getting that at all. Why the favoritism Someone help me.

So I say lets flood the market lets ask and ask until we get an answer no one has EVER answered What say you! Cuz this here is craziness. :ranting::protest:

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

So My Expedite Request was denied...

Basically what I get from this is because his case is completed and they are waiting to schedule his interview they will not expedite his interview apt??? Ok. And I still haven't gotten a response from my Congressman.

This was the response....

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition: ************ filed by ************ on behalf of *************.

The U.S. Embassy or Consulate has denied your request for expeditious processing of this immigrant visa petition. This petition will continue processing at the NVC. Once the NVC receives and reviews the required fees and documents, a visa interview appointment will be scheduled based on capacity at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

For further information regarding NVC processing, please visit: http://nvc.state.gov/.

The NVC completed its processing of **********visa petition.

The petition is waiting for an appointment to be scheduled at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in KINGSTON, JAMAICA. When an interview appointment is scheduled, the petitioner, principal applicant, designated agent, and attorney of record (if applicable) will be notified.

Sorry to hear.

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you with connections to Nepal. I have been lucky enough to visit and trek in this lovely country, and am devastated at the news of the earthquake.

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.