ilngrl777

N-400 April 2015 Filers

1,388 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Wow thanks. Good to know. Did they say why and when they started doing that and if it's effective nationwide?

No, but I specifically asked after the ceremony.

They mentioned it during the ceremony itself, but just to be sure, I asked the IO and he told me that they just started doing it automatically and that it should be updated after 10 or 15 days, and that we can call the SS administration if we wanted after that date to verify

Filed: Timeline

Is it really normal that I haven't heard of anything after FP in mid May. Not notification, online or text, on in-line, not to mention the interview date.

I am really in a fear that I am stuck somewhere in the background check, though I cannot think of any reason how my case would be complicated.

I am also very worried if they somehow lost my file or simply forgot about it. Any possibility of that? Or anything I should/could do in the meantime?

No, but I specifically asked after the ceremony.

They mentioned it during the ceremony itself, but just to be sure, I asked the IO and he told me that they just started doing it automatically and that it should be updated after 10 or 15 days, and that we can call the SS administration if we wanted after that date to verify

Congrats dchamero how much time did the ceremony took in all, what time did you had to be there my letter says 2:15 pm is the time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Congrats dchamero how much time did the ceremony took in all, what time did you had to be there my letter says 2:15 pm is the time.

The letter said to be there at 8:30, they let us in around 9, then they assigned us to our seats (each of us had a number).

After that (around 9:30) they let the guests (family and friends) in. and the ceremony started and it took about 1 hour, so by 10:30 it was over.

Now, bear in mind that in Dallas they hold at least 2 ceremonies per week, so there were just 107 new citizens today. If yours has more people, it will take more time...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

does anyone know how often tampa field office has oath ceremonies ?

USCIS:

FedEx overnight I-130: December 17, 2015
NOA1 hard copy received: January 1, 2016

NOA2 hard copy received: April 24, 2016
-------------------------------------------------------
NVC:

Case and IIN Assigned: May 4, 2016

Choice of Agent (DS-261): May 4, 2016

AOS Fee paid: May 4, 2016

IV Fee Paid: May 6, 2016

DS-260 Completed: May 14 , 2016

Case Complete : June 8,2016

-------------------------------------------------------

EMBASSY:

Medical Completed : July 22, 2016 review link

Interview : July 28, 2016 APPROVED !!!! review link

Visa issued : July 29, 2016

Visa in hand : August 3, 2016

POE : August 4, 2016 Montreal, Canada

224 days start to finish :dancing:

SSC in hand : August 15 , 2016

Green card : January 14th , 2017

-----------------------------------------------------------

ROC

packet sent : May 5, 2018

package received : May 7, 2018

So after waiting for such a while after my FP in May and hearing nothing since, I called USCIS again today, and they told me I could go to my local office (in my case NYC) and inquire the progress.

I am not sure if I heard it wrong, but is it correct that I can actually go to the office and ask about the progress of my case? And should I do it? Or should I not?

Just very worried seeing so many (almost all in NYC offices on the ticker) have completed interviews, and I haven't even received in-line notice after May. Anyone stuck in the same situation?

Edited by nycplungon

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I had my interview today in Holtsville, New York. I went with my husband. If you apply based on the 3-year rule, the best think you can do is to bring your spouse because it immediately changes the perception of the IO to a positive outcome. It was scheduled for 10:25 am. I was there at 9:50 am. They called my name at 10:45. Of course my husband wasn't allowed but I introduced him to the IO. The IO was a very nice young girl on her 30s. I took the oath and sat down. She only asked me for my current passport and green card and started off with the questions: What do we call the first ten amendments to the Constitution? the Bill of Rights/ We elect a President for how many years? 4/ What is the name of the Speaker of the House of Representatives now? John Boehner/ Who lived in America before the Europeans arrived? American Indias/ When was the Declaration of Independence adopted? July 4, 1776/ Name one of the two longest rivers in the US? Mississippi. Then the reading question: Who was Abraham Lincoln? and writing one: Abraham Lincoln was the President during the Civil War. She went through the application and asked me the yes/no questions and she made me sign the app. I noticed my file was HUGE. I came with a K1/fiance visa 10 years ago. The IO met her husband online too and got married last year and we were talking about it. What a coincidence! then she said I should have my oath at the end of this month or the beginning of September. I'm so happy!!! :D

Naturalization

=====================

Date Filled: 2015-04-23

NOA Date: 2015-05-01

Bio. Appt: 2015-05-20

Interview: 2015-08-05

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

I had my interview today in Holtsville, New York. I went with my husband. If you apply based on the 3-year rule, the best think you can do is to bring your spouse because it immediately changes the perception of the IO to a positive outcome. It was scheduled for 10:25 am. I was there at 9:50 am. They called my name at 10:45. Of course my husband wasn't allowed but I introduced him to the IO. The IO was a very nice young girl on her 30s. I took the oath and sat down. She only asked me for my current passport and green card and started off with the questions: What do we call the first ten amendments to the Constitution? the Bill of Rights/ We elect a President for how many years? 4/ What is the name of the Speaker of the House of Representatives now? John Boehner/ Who lived in America before the Europeans arrived? American Indias/ When was the Declaration of Independence adopted? July 4, 1776/ Name one of the two longest rivers in the US? Mississippi. Then the reading question: Who was Abraham Lincoln? and writing one: Abraham Lincoln was the President during the Civil War. She went through the application and asked me the yes/no questions and she made me sign the app. I noticed my file was HUGE. I came with a K1/fiance visa 10 years ago. The IO met her husband online too and got married last year and we were talking about it. What a coincidence! then she said I should have my oath at the end of this month or the beginning of September. I'm so happy!!! :D

Congrats!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thank you KASH2011 and Happy Chic

Naturalization

=====================

Date Filled: 2015-04-23

NOA Date: 2015-05-01

Bio. Appt: 2015-05-20

Interview: 2015-08-05

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Senegal
Timeline

So after waiting for such a while after my FP in May and hearing nothing since, I called USCIS again today, and they told me I could go to my local office (in my case NYC) and inquire the progress.

I am not sure if I heard it wrong, but is it correct that I can actually go to the office and ask about the progress of my case? And should I do it? Or should I not?

Just very worried seeing so many (almost all in NYC offices on the ticker) have completed interviews, and I haven't even received in-line notice after May. Anyone stuck in the same situation?

make an infopass and go, nothing to lose

make an infopass and go, nothing to lose

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for the advice. Apologize if I seem too lost, but I wasn't sure where is the right place to make the pass.

Is it here in this page? https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do

But the tricky thing is the claimed NYC office processing time is only at Nov 2014 for now, so I am not sure if I could fall in the "Case outside normal processing time" category (just that compared to so many successful cases on the forum, I am really nervous now).

Or is there another place where I should register for the pass?

Many thanks for the help!

So I went for my interview last Thursday 07/30 - 1230 at the Irving-Dallas TX. Made it to the USCIS office 60 mins prior in order to ease off my anxiety. Thanks to my wife who helped me alleviate some of the stress by encouraging me to relax and free. Ooops!! distraction method couldn't do it enough for me.

@ 1240, I was called by a nice female officer who grilled me. Just joking about the "grilled"... she was actually pleasant and the interview was laid back.

Did the stand up & swear in as usual and there we go.

Before she asked, I gave her my passport, DL and GC; but she didn't bother to open or look at them. "So Mr ***, looks like we received a lot of documents from you," says the officer. I smiled and answered, this has been a long process.

We started off with the questions below:

Why does the flag have 50 stars?

What is the name of the President of the United States now?

What did the Declaration of Independence do?

What does the President’s Cabinet do?

Name one branch or part of the government.?

If both the President and the Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President?

Requested for my birth certificate which I brought with me. She skimmed through it to verify my full name and dob.

Then, we went over the yes & no questions and answers. That took a long time because we would break off in between to talking about somethings about spouse, job and kidos. More so, I volunteered to submit my DL record and proof that I completed a defensive driving course for a speeding ticket obtained couple of years back.

Upon completing all these, the officer verbalized there was nothing derogatory on my case; therefore, she would go ahead and close my case.

Further on, she printed and handed me the form N-652 {which was marked with (i) passing the test of English (ii) Congratulations!! }. Unknown how common this is, she stamped my application with APPROVAL. I was like wow!!! My AOS case wasn't approved in my presence. Lastly, Officer said, "I will recommend your case for approval and you should get the letter within 30 days.

Thanked her as she walked me out @ 1315.

The next action is to hopefully receive the Oath letter.

F-1 to LPR
Day 0 - 03/31/2012 - Package (concurrent I-{130/AOS/AP/EAD} ) sent to Chicago with USPS
Day 1 - 04/02/2012 - Delivered!!!
Day 5 - 04/06/2012 - "Acceptance confirmation received for entire forms & routed to NBC" was sent via email.
Day 10 - 04/11/2012 - NOA for I-{130/AOS/AP/EAD} Received.
Day 15 - 04/16/2012 - NOA for Biometrics appointment Received. {Scheduled for 05/08/12}
Day 37 - 05/08/2012 - Biometrics app completed.
Day 44 - 05/15/2012 - Interview date schedule @ Dallas/Irving TX..
Day 54 - 05/25/2012 - EAD/AP production Notification.
Day 75 - 06/15/2012 - Interview'd with NO approval. 1 hr Post-interview: Received I-485/Card production email.
Day 78 - 06/18/2012 - 2nd emails {I-485/Decision/Register PR and I-130/Post-Decision} Received.
Day 81 - 06/21/2012 - Received {email of Card mailed out} and 2 Hardcopies {I-485 & I-131 approval}
Day 83 - 06/23/2012 - GC touched down. 10x Mailman.

Just came back from my Oath ceremony!, I am officially a US Citizen!!!

Ceremony in Dallas TX (Irving, TX), 107 new proud US citizens

I am done with USCIS :)

Thank you for all the support!

Congrats to you dchamero....!!!

F-1 to LPR
Day 0 - 03/31/2012 - Package (concurrent I-{130/AOS/AP/EAD} ) sent to Chicago with USPS
Day 5 - 04/06/2012 - "Acceptance confirmation received for entire forms & routed to NBC" was sent via email.
Day 15 - 04/16/2012 - NOA for Biometrics appointment Received. {Scheduled for 05/08/12}
Day 75 - 06/15/2012 - Interview'd with NO approval. 1 hr Post-interview: Received I-485/Card production email.
Day 78 - 06/18/2012 - 2nd emails {I-485/Decision/Register PR and I-130/Post-Decision} Received.
Day 81 - 06/21/2012 - Received {email of Card mailed out} and 2 Hardcopies {I-485 & I-131 approval}

Congrats to you dchamero....!!!

I intend to ask you how many days it took to receive your Oath letter in the mailbox after you got the buzz from USCIS that it was scheduled and mailed?

More so, how many family/friends per applicants did they allow into the hall/room for the Oath Ceremony ?

I have around 6-8 fam/friends to accompany me on my day.

F-1 to LPR

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
So I went for my interview last Thursday 07/30 - 1230 at the Irving-Dallas TX. Made it to the USCIS office 60 mins prior in order to ease off my anxiety. Thanks to my wife who helped me alleviate some of the stress by encouraging me to relax and free. Ooops!! distraction method couldn't do it enough for me.
@ 1240, I was called by a nice female officer who grilled me. Just joking about the "grilled"... she was actually pleasant and the interview was laid back.
Did the stand up & swear in as usual and there we go.
Before she asked, I gave her my passport, DL and GC; but she didn't bother to open or look at them. "So Mr ***, looks like we received a lot of documents from you," says the officer. I smiled and answered, this has been a long process.
We started off with the questions below:
Why does the flag have 50 stars?
What is the name of the President of the United States now?
What did the Declaration of Independence do?
What does the President’s Cabinet do?
Name one branch or part of the government.?
If both the President and the Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President?
Requested for my birth certificate which I brought with me. She skimmed through it to verify my full name and dob.
Then, we went over the yes & no questions and answers. That took a long time because we would break off in between to talking about somethings about spouse, job and kidos. More so, I volunteered to submit my DL record and proof that I completed a defensive driving course for a speeding ticket obtained couple of years back.
Upon completing all these, the officer verbalized there was nothing derogatory on my case; therefore, she would go ahead and close my case.
Further on, she printed and handed me the form N-652 {which was marked with (i) passing the test of English (ii) Congratulations!! }. Unknown how common this is, she stamped my application with APPROVAL. I was like wow!!! My AOS case wasn't approved in my presence. Lastly, Officer said, "I will recommend your case for approval and you should get the letter within 30 days.
Thanked her as she walked me out @ 1315.
The next action is to hopefully receive the Oath letter.

Congrats!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.