ilngrl777

N-400 April 2015 Filers

1,388 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

So the status said that they scheduled an interview with a new date???? That's strange, but the online status is somewhat unreliable.... so who knows....

On the form they gave you at the interview, is it marked "Congratulations"?

Yes they marked Congratulations only, will look forward next week ......

you have been scheduled for the second interview

you will get a letter in the mail in a week

i am on the same boat , they asked me my birth certificate which i sent them the next day , and that very day i got a notification saying you have been scheduled for an interview , a week later i got the mail for the second interview

What was the second interview about, GC is based on marriage or employment.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Just had the interview this morning, everything went smoothly. I got the paper checked on "Congratulations!....".

Hope I will get oath ceremony scheduled soon!

The officer went through the civics test, read and write English first, then went through all the questions in my application.

I got the speeding ticket in 2013 it was dismissed (after 30 days probation) and the officer asked for the dismissal paper from the court which I don't have. I only have the letter from my lawyer that states my case status and the receipt (for probation fee), she made a copy of them and that is sufficient.

Here is the civics questions I got:

1.Who wrote the declaration of Independence?

2.What is the political party of the current President?

3.What are the major 2 political parties in US?

4.Name one state that border Mexico.

5.Name 3 original colonies.

6.Who is the commander in chief of the US Military?

Edited by Maria TH

Naturalization

04/22/15 (Day 0) N-400 Package sent

08/03/15 Interview - Recommend for Approval

08/18/15 Oath Ceremony

ROC

12/17/2013 (Day 0) ROC Package sent

12/23/2013 (Day 7) NOA date

01/27/14 (Day 43) Biometric Appointment

03/14/14 Case transferred to CSC

05/16/14 New Card Received

AOS from B2
11/14/2011 (Day 0) AOS Package sent (I-130, I-485, I-765)
11/15/2011 (Day 1) Package received by USCIS

12/12/2011 Biometrics Appointment
01/28/2012 (Day 74) EAD Card in hands
02/02/2012 (Day 79) Received letter of Interview Notice
03/02/2012 (Day 108) Interview - Dallas
03/21/2012 (Day 127) Green Card in Hands!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Just had the interview this morning, everything went smoothly. I got the paper checked on "Congratulations!....".

Hope I will get oath ceremony scheduled soon!

The officer went through the civics test, read and write English first, then went through all the questions in my application.

I got the speeding ticket in 2013 it was dismissed (after 30 days probation) and the officer asked for the dismissal paper from the court which I don't have. I only have the letter from my lawyer that states my case status and the receipt (for probation fee), she made a copy of them and that is sufficient.

Here is the civics questions I got:

1.Who wrote the declaration of Independence?

2.What is the political party of the current President?

3.What are the major 2 political parties in US?

4.Name one state that border Mexico.

5.Name 3 original colonies.

6.Who is the commander in chief of the US?

Congrats!

Woke up at 6:30am this morning to make it to my interview at Federal Plaza. Didn't wait more than 10 mn and I was called in by a very clam and respectful lady. She made the interview go by as smooth as anybody would wish for.

I was not asked to present a state ID, only passport and GC. I got my past 3 year taxes together a couple of weeks ago so I did not have official IRS transcripts yet however I simply showed print-outs from the tax software I used and the corresponding amounts deducted from my bank statement showing that I paid all three years and it was totally acceptable.

The test was simple: What is the capital of New York? Who vetoes bills? What is an amendment? What is the supreme law of the land? Can't remember the rest.

I wish I knew how fellow Bahaboy looks like : ) I could have said hello. I hope you had a good experience as well.

Recommended for approval and waiting for the oath letter :)

Best of luck folks.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi, I want to update everyone on my husband's timeline. He had his interview on the 28th in Newark, NJ. Everything went smoothly, he was approved and he took the oath that same afternoon! :joy:

His appointment was at 9:45 AM. He arrived 20 minutes early. They didn't call him back until 11:30. He was back there for about 20 minutes. They asked him the 6 questions (all easy ones, though I forget which ones) and asked him to write a very short sentence (I forgot what it was, but only 3 words in total). They spent very little time on the application itself, although did tell him that his traffic tickets from 7-10 years ago did not count as offenses. Though he had a very complicated green card process, including removal proceedings, they did not ask him anything about that.They also did not ask to see originals of our marriage certificate or my birth certificate (applying with 3 year rule based on marriage). They sent him out and told him to get lunch while they reviewed the case with a supervisor and that they would call him back in 1-2 hours. (This worried me, but actually seems like the usual process in Newark, maybe because they do same day oath ceremonies). The officer told him that he didn't anticipate any issues. He was called back around 1:30 and told that his application was approved and that he could go to the next oath ceremony later in the day! He took the oath in the afternoon and came home a citizen! (Also, he changed his name which did not cost anything extra in Newark and did not seem to slow down the process in any way). Sounds like in Newark at least you should expect to be there most of the day. He took the oath in late afternoon with 50 other people and most of them had interview appointments at around 10 AM.

I hope this helps and hope to see many more approvals in the next weeks!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

LA11Z - very happy for you !

You are my hope and light at the end of the tunnel while I still wait for any updates after get FP done on 5/11.

Congratulation !!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

congrats to all those who completed their interviews

i am just getting worried now , my second interview is on 08/31 ( 7:30am )

i am leaving for India on 10/25

i hope i get the oath and passport by that time so as to get the indian evisa :(

USCIS:

FedEx overnight I-130: December 17, 2015
NOA1 hard copy received: January 1, 2016

NOA2 hard copy received: April 24, 2016
-------------------------------------------------------
NVC:

Case and IIN Assigned: May 4, 2016

Choice of Agent (DS-261): May 4, 2016

AOS Fee paid: May 4, 2016

IV Fee Paid: May 6, 2016

DS-260 Completed: May 14 , 2016

Case Complete : June 8,2016

-------------------------------------------------------

EMBASSY:

Medical Completed : July 22, 2016 review link

Interview : July 28, 2016 APPROVED !!!! review link

Visa issued : July 29, 2016

Visa in hand : August 3, 2016

POE : August 4, 2016 Montreal, Canada

224 days start to finish :dancing:

SSC in hand : August 15 , 2016

Green card : January 14th , 2017

-----------------------------------------------------------

ROC

packet sent : May 5, 2018

package received : May 7, 2018

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Woke up at 6:30am this morning to make it to my interview at Federal Plaza. Didn't wait more than 10 mn and I was called in by a very clam and respectful lady. She made the interview go by as smooth as anybody would wish for.

I was not asked to present a state ID, only passport and GC. I got my past 3 year taxes together a couple of weeks ago so I did not have official IRS transcripts yet however I simply showed print-outs from the tax software I used and the corresponding amounts deducted from my bank statement showing that I paid all three years and it was totally acceptable.

The test was simple: What is the capital of New York? Who vetoes bills? What is an amendment? What is the supreme law of the land? Can't remember the rest.

I wish I knew how fellow Bahaboy looks like : ) I could have said hello. I hope you had a good experience as well.

Best of luck folks.

Congrats!

Best of luck folks.

Hey congratulations, did you recieve the oath letter the same day? If not how long did the io say to wait for the letter? Did you apply on the 3 year rule or 5 year rule? Edited by Kristal

Hey congratulations, did you recieve the oath letter the same day? If not how long did the io say to wait for the letter? Did you apply on the 3 year rule or 5 year rule?

Thanks Kristal, I wish they do same day oath here in New York but it hasn't been the case from what I've read so far.

The officer said that the oath will take place in the same building (Federal Plaza) or the building in front of it in about a month from now. I should expect the letter in the mail in the coming 2 weeks.

I applied based on the 3 year rule.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hey as you applied under 3 year rule..... Just wanted to ask you , did they ask any questions related to your marriage.... I applied under the same rule.... I sent my application on July 30 in leweisville Texas lockbox

Filed: Timeline

Had my interview today. Here is my experience.

My interview was for 11:20am. Got there at 11:00am and waited until 12:45pm to be called. I was very annoyed by the time I got called but I couldn't be mad even if I wanted to because the officer who interviewed be was kind and professional. The first thing he said to me was "I've been doing this for 11years and I've never met anyone from your country trying to became a U.S citizen". We both laughed.

The interview was very painless. He started with the questions:

How many U.S senators?

How old to sign up for selective service

One state bordering Canada

Which ocean is in the west coast

When was the constitution written?

What does religious freedom mean?

Written and verbal test

How many senators are there (read)

We have 100 senators (write)

One small issue I had was when he got to the yes or no questions. He asked if I ever failed to file taxes and to give him my recent tax return...which i did not have because it was not one of things asked to bring. Thankfully I had my payment plan from the IRS because I owed taxes last year and wanted to show him that I set up installments payments. Apart from that everything was ok.

After about 15mins he approved my file and said to look out in the mail in 2 weeks for my oat letter. :)

Glad its all over.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.