ilngrl777

N-400 April 2015 Filers

1,388 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hm..do you need all this documents because you are applying under the 3 year marriage based category?

I applied under 5 years ( my 10 year Green Card is about to expire next year :) category and no such documents were required??

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hm..do you need all this documents because you are applying under the 3 year marriage based category?

I applied under 5 years ( my 10 year Green Card is about to expire next year :) category and no such documents were required??

no i applied under 5 year

i am single , about to get married in india by year end

it good to take everything with you

USCIS:

FedEx overnight I-130: December 17, 2015
NOA1 hard copy received: January 1, 2016

NOA2 hard copy received: April 24, 2016
-------------------------------------------------------
NVC:

Case and IIN Assigned: May 4, 2016

Choice of Agent (DS-261): May 4, 2016

AOS Fee paid: May 4, 2016

IV Fee Paid: May 6, 2016

DS-260 Completed: May 14 , 2016

Case Complete : June 8,2016

EMBASSY:

Medical Completed : July 22, 2016 review link

Interview : July 28, 2016 APPROVED !!!! review link

Visa issued : July 29, 2016

Visa in hand : August 3, 2016

POE : August 4, 2016 Montreal, Canada

224 days start to finish :dancing:

SSC in hand : August 15 , 2016

Green card : January 14th , 2017

-----------------------------------------------------------

ROC

packet sent : May 5, 2018

package received : May 7, 2018

Oath ceremony has been scheduled and letter mailed out. Apparently, they skipped the "in line for oath" step.

N-400 Timeline:

03/27/15 - Packet sent to Dallas

03/30/15 - Packet delivered

04/01/15 - Received text and email notification of application acceptance

04/02/15 - Check cashed

04/06/15 - Received NOA of packet acceptance via mail

04/18/15 - Received NOA for Biometric via mail

04/30/15 - Biometric completed

05/04/15 - Received email notification: "in line for interview"

05/14/15 - Received email notification: "interview has been scheduled"

05/22/15 - Received NOA for Interview via mail

07/10/15 - "Recommended for approval" at interview

07/21/15 - Received email notification: Oath ceremony scheduled

07/24/15 - Received NOA for Oath Ceremony via mail

08/20/15 - Oath Ceremony

Passport & Passport Card Application Timeline:

08/21/15 - Submitted Passport Application

08/26/15 - Check cashed

08/26/15 - Received email with Application Locator Number

09/11/15 - Received Passport via mail

09/14/15 - Received Passport Card & Naturalization Certificate via mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Hello everyone,

First off let me thank you all for sharing your experiences in this forum, I've been reading this thread almost daily (if not multiple times a day) for the past 3 months and always thought I would come back and share my journey once I'm done. I shipped my application on April 7th and it was a pretty smooth process, biometrics within 3 weeks, then interview today (July 21st) at the Miami field office. I cannot begin to tell you how terrified I was of this day...my case is pretty straight forward, 5 year rule, no criminal background, (not even a ticket), taxes filed and paid in a timely manner, stable job...but in spite of that I went through major bouts of anxiety. I'm sure many of you can relate !

Now on to my interview experience, this morning I got up early, took a Xanax (LOL) and made plans to arrive 30 min before my 9:45am interview. I waited for a good hour before my name was called. A young and nice lady walked me to her office. Swore me in and proceeded with the civic and written questions:

-when was the declaration of independence?

- the largest river ?

-Who is the speaker of the house ?

- the Bill of rights question

...and that's all I remember, the rest is a blur.

She then proceeded to review my N-400, name, address, date of birth, place of birth, number of marriages, current place of employment (she then pulled my birth certificate that I submitted with my green card application many years ago) ...so yes DO BRING your birth certificate just in case. She asked me about my job, what I do etc. Then she asked me about my country of origin (France) and asks me "Why would you want to leave France and live in the US?" hmmm how do you answer that one ? I think I just said something along those lines "for the opportunities in this country". She then asked me the yes/no questions from the application. Started typing on her computer for what felt like a million years. Then she finally grabbed her black stamp and said "I am approving you, wait outside in the waiting room we will call you to get your oath ceremony letter"

I waited for 45 minutes in the waiting room then my name was called, I got the oath letter and I am scheduled July 24th for the ceremony.

So, there, that's my story, If you are reading this and still waiting for your day good luck to you and hope you get encouraged by the many positive experiences shared in the forum. In the overwhelming majority of the time, it goes very smoothly. The large waiting room I was in was jam packed and everyboby- but one older lady- got approved.

There is hope, hang in there !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hello everyone,

First off let me thank you all for sharing your experiences in this forum, I've been reading this thread almost daily (if not multiple times a day) for the past 3 months and always thought I would come back and share my journey once I'm done. I shipped my application on April 7th and it was a pretty smooth process, biometrics within 3 weeks, then interview today (July 21st) at the Miami field office. I cannot begin to tell you how terrified I was of this day...my case is pretty straight forward, 5 year rule, no criminal background, (not even a ticket), taxes filed and paid in a timely manner, stable job...but in spite of that I went through major bouts of anxiety. I'm sure many of you can relate !

Now on to my interview experience, this morning I got up early, took a Xanax (LOL) and made plans to arrive 30 min before my 9:45am interview. I waited for a good hour before my name was called. A young and nice lady walked me to her office. Swore me in and proceeded with the civic and written questions:

- the largest river ?

She then proceeded to review my N-400, name, address, date of birth, place of birth, number of marriages, current place of employment (she then pulled my birth certificate that I submitted with my green card application many years ago) ...so yes DO BRING your birth certificate just in case. She asked me about my job, what I do etc. Then she asked me about my country of origin (France) and asks me "Why would you want to leave France and live in the US?" hmmm how do you answer that one ? I think I just said something along those lines "for the opportunities in this country". She then asked me the yes/no questions from the application. Started typing on her computer for what felt like a million years. Then she finally grabbed her black stamp and said "I am approving you, wait outside in the waiting room we will call you to get your oath ceremony letter"

I waited for 45 minutes in the waiting room then my name was called, I got the oath letter and I am scheduled July 24th for the ceremony.

So, there, that's my story, If you are reading this and still waiting for your day good luck to you and hope you get encouraged by the many positive experiences shared in the forum. In the overwhelming majority of the time, it goes very smoothly. The large waiting room I was in was jam packed and everyboby- but one older lady- got approved.

Congrats!

Timeline

Hello everyone,

- the largest river ?

congrats

oh yes she did ask me about my trips in detail

she was checking each date on the application and then on my passport

it took her almost 20 min to check each and every thing

she did not said anything to me that she is approving me ( probably waiting for my birth certificate ) but she did asked me to sign two pictures and a form which had my name and other details which she said will be in your naturalization certificate

USCIS:

NVC:

EMBASSY:

ROC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

No oath ceremony scheduled for me yet :(. Kinda freaking out because at the interview he said that my oath can either be on the 31st of July (if I get bumped through the supervisor fast enough). If not, it would be sometime in the middles of August, with September being the latest.

Well... 31st is my 10th anniversary or arriving in the States, so it would have been really really cool if I could have became a citizen on that date, but seeing as that it's 10 days away, I highly doubt it will happen. I go on a week long vacation on 17th through the 22nd of August and if my oath is scheduled during those days, I will have to reschedule and be put at the end of the line. My mom is gonna be here through the whole month of August and I would have loved for her to be here with me while I take the oath...... But that's not how life works out... Sooooo boooooo. End of rant. And I'm super jealous of all yall that already got the Oath scheduled.

event.png

Hello everyone,

- the largest river ?

Congrats and thanks for sharing.

N-400 Timeline:

03/27/15 - Packet sent to Dallas

03/30/15 - Packet delivered

04/01/15 - Received text and email notification of application acceptance

04/02/15 - Check cashed

04/06/15 - Received NOA of packet acceptance via mail

04/18/15 - Received NOA for Biometric via mail

04/30/15 - Biometric completed

05/04/15 - Received email notification: "in line for interview"

05/14/15 - Received email notification: "interview has been scheduled"

05/22/15 - Received NOA for Interview via mail

07/10/15 - "Recommended for approval" at interview

07/21/15 - Received email notification: Oath ceremony scheduled

07/24/15 - Received NOA for Oath Ceremony via mail

08/20/15 - Oath Ceremony

Passport & Passport Card Application Timeline:

08/21/15 - Submitted Passport Application

08/26/15 - Check cashed

08/26/15 - Received email with Application Locator Number

09/11/15 - Received Passport via mail

09/14/15 - Received Passport Card & Naturalization Certificate via mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone,

- the largest river ?

I was just wondering. In the notice that i got for interview, the only documents they wanted were the green card, passport and state ID. Never mentioned anything about birth certificate, I didn't even give a copy of my birth certificate in my n400..

Anybody else ever been asked of birth certificate if filing for the 5 year rule.. I am from the Philippines and it is very hard to get an original copy of the birth certificate..

Thanks for the input.

AOS from h2a visa, marriage based.

Filed I 130, I 485, I 131 and I 765 concurrently,

5/11/2018 Priority date; sent to Missouri, MSCxxxxxxxxx

6/15/2018 Biometrics appointment, Houston TX

7/11/2018 RFE for Birth Certificate

7/23/2018 Sent BC in response to RFE

7/31/2018 Confirmation of receipt of the BC

8/3/2018 received courtesy letter for medical 

8/6/2018 Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

9/19/2018 EAD/AP approved

9/20/2018 EAD/AP card in production 

9/24/2018 EAD/AP card is ready to be mailed

9/25/2018 EAD/AP card is mailed, usps tracking included in online update

9/27/2018 EAD/AP card picked up at post office

I-130 for 2 husband's daughters (my step daughters) 10 and 17

5/11/2018 Priority Date; sent to Nebraska Service Center, LINxxxxxxxxx

Waiting game for ALL cases!

Timeline

I was just wondering. In the notice that i got for interview, the only documents they wanted were the green card, passport and state ID. Never mentioned anything about birth certificate, I didn't even give a copy of my birth certificate in my n400..

Anybody else ever been asked of birth certificate if filing for the 5 year rule.. I am from the Philippines and it is very hard to get an original copy of the birth certificate..

Thanks for the input.

they did not ask the birth certificate on their n400

but they opened a file in from of me which had all the documents that i gave them when i entered US ( that was in 2006 )

when the lady checked that , she saw a baptism certificate instead of a birth certificate and questioned me

that's when she said we need a copy of the birth certificate

you just need a copy of the certificate in english language

USCIS:

NVC:

EMBASSY:

ROC

Received the interview letter today.

April_2015.......|07/25/09|04/15|04/23|04/25|05/21/15|05/26/15.|07/20/15.|08/20/15.|--/--/--.|Chicago,IL

Best of luck. Please share your experience after the interview for the benefit of others, and especially Chicagoans like me.

Your update sort of gives me hope that Chicago DO might be starting to process our batch now. Fingers crossed.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

they did not ask the birth certificate on their n400

but they opened a file in from of me which had all the documents that i gave them when i entered US ( that was in 2006 )

when the lady checked that , she saw a baptism certificate instead of a birth certificate and questioned me

that's when she said we need a copy of the birth certificate

you just need a copy of the certificate in english language

OK thanks!

I didn't even know we had to give that much papers when we entered the US. I entered the US when I was 17 with my family. SO, it really was my dad who did all the paperworks. Hopefully they have my birth certificate because it is very time consuming to ask Philippines for birth Certificates. It takes a while. Offices in the PH tend to be slow.

I will try to get my birth certificate now anyways, just to be sure.. :) I just have no idea how.

any Filipinos in this thread who knows how to get Philippine birth certificate?

AOS from h2a visa, marriage based.

Filed I 130, I 485, I 131 and I 765 concurrently,

5/11/2018 Priority date; sent to Missouri, MSCxxxxxxxxx

6/15/2018 Biometrics appointment, Houston TX

7/11/2018 RFE for Birth Certificate

7/23/2018 Sent BC in response to RFE

7/31/2018 Confirmation of receipt of the BC

8/3/2018 received courtesy letter for medical 

8/6/2018 Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

9/19/2018 EAD/AP approved

9/20/2018 EAD/AP card in production 

9/24/2018 EAD/AP card is ready to be mailed

9/25/2018 EAD/AP card is mailed, usps tracking included in online update

9/27/2018 EAD/AP card picked up at post office

I-130 for 2 husband's daughters (my step daughters) 10 and 17

5/11/2018 Priority Date; sent to Nebraska Service Center, LINxxxxxxxxx

Waiting game for ALL cases!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I had an interview yesterday and my petition has been recommended for approval it was like peice of cake all went well also the officer asked me if i can be available to appear for oath next thursday i.e. July 30th and she scheduled me for oath for next thursday they did the same for my wife as well so all the folks for washington dc field office can expect the same i guess. Thanks to all the members of the forum and i wish all those who are still waiting to get thier interview/oath scheduled soon.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

FutureCitizen info updated!

N-400: April 2015 Applicants

======================================
USCIS Dallas/Lewisville, Texas Lockbox
======================================
UserName.........|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd|NOA..|Fprints.|In Line..|Int ltr..|Intview..|Oath.....|Field Office

medsox...........|05/09/09|03/26|04/01|03/31|04/21/15|04/27/15.|05/22/15.|06/29/15.|07/27/15.|Lawrence,MA
ilngrl777........|05/16/09|03/27|04/02|04/06|04/30/15|05/04/15.|05/22/15.|07/10/15.|--/--/--.|San Antonio,TX
DC85.............|06/26/12|03/28|04/02|04/06|05/08/15|05/26/15.|06/06/15.|07/09/15.|07/30/15.|Washington,DC

VAresident.......|--/--/--|03/29|04/03|04/09|04/27/15|--/--/--.|06/05/15.|07/10/15.|07/30/15.|Washington,DC
DARIO2012........|06/26/12|03/30|04/06|04/01|05/11/15|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Houston,TX
dchamero.........|11/10/08|03/30|04/02|04/06|05/06/15|05/08/15.|06/22/15.|07/24/15.|--/--/--.|Dallas,TX
UK_Fan...........|06/25/12|03/31
|04/06|04/09|04/29/15|--/--/--.|05/29/15.|07/02/15.|--/--/--.|Louisville,KY
blue_angel_29....|09/02/09|03/31|04/07|--/--|05/12/15|05/14/15.|07/17/15.|08/20/15.|--/--/--.|Houston,TX
Minya's wife.....|02/13/08|03/31|04/06|04/06|05/13/15|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Houston,TX
LA11Z............|06/23/12|03/31|04/06|04/06|05/01/15|05/26/15.|06/22/15.|07/28/15.|--/--/--.|Newark,NJ (Early FP 04/21)
Daeras...........|06/26/12|03/31|04/15|04/18|05/04/15|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Philadelphia, PA

mtessler.........|07/10/10|04/01|04/10|04/12|04/30/15|05/01/15.|06/24/15.|07/29/15.|--/--/--.|Dallas,TX
negativehit05....|01/25/10|04/02|04/06|04/14|04/29/15|05/04/15.|06/13/15.|07/16/15.|07/24/15.|Miami,FL
whosjane.........|07/15/07|04/06|04/08|04/20|05/18/15|05/20/15.|07/06/15.|08/04/15.|--/--/--.|New York, NY
MERICO61609(Dad).|--/--/--|04/07|04/13|04/13|05/04/15|05/06/15.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Atlanta,GA
nakhle...........|07/02/12|04/07|04/15|04/22|05/04/15|06/02/15.|07/06/15.|08/03/15.|--/--/--.|New York,NY(Rescheduled FP to 05/22,Late FP 05/26)
jerseyboys.......|--/--/--|04/07|04/15|04/20|05/11/15|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Newark,NJ
FutureCitizen....|07/09/10|04/09|04/15|04/21|05/11/15|06/09/15.|06/19/15.|07/21/15.|07/30/15.|Washington,DC
MiaPA............|01/07/10|04/10|--/--|04/14|05/15/15|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Philadelphia, PA (Early FP 05/06)
2ndMessiah.......|02/09/11|04/10|Waive|04/23|05/20/15|05/26/15.|07/06/15.|08/06/15.|--/--/--.|Norfolk, VA
bahaboy28........|05/--/10|04/11|04/--|04/--|05/05/15|05/28/15.|07/07/15.|08/03/15.|--/--/--.|New York,NY
tnite............|07/01/10|04/11|04/20|04/23|05/12/15|06/09/15.|06/16/15.|07/20/15.|--/--/--.|Boston,MA
Camo.............|06/15/12|04/15|04/21|04/24|05/11/15|05/15/15.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Dallas,TX (Early FP 05/05)
sanil1986........|06/21/06|04/15|04/17|04/21|05/22/15|06/11/15.|06/15/15.|07/21/15.|--/--/--.|Tampa,FL
yulisa...........|11/20/11|04/17|04/28|05/01|05/29/15|05/21/15.|06/19/15.|07/24/15.|--/--/--.|Washington,DC (Early FP 05/19)
mharjj04.........|05/25/11|04/18|04/24|--/--|05/21/15|05/26/15.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|New Orleans,LA
minfarshaw.......|--/--/--|04/18|04/20|04/23|05/21/15|05/26/15.|07/13/15.|08/12/15.|--/--/--.|Charleston, SC
MariaTH..........|03/12/12|04/22|04/28|05/02|05/20/15|05/26/15.|07/03/15 |08/03/15.|--/--/--.|Dallas,TX
HoustonUSA.......|10/10/11|04/22|04/28|05/02|05/20/15|06/10/15.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Houston,TX
Vicano...........|07/23/12|04/22|04/29|05/02|05/21/15|06/23/15.|07/06/15.|08/04/15.|--/--/--.|Atlanta,GA (Early FP 05/08)
paosorioc........|--/--/--|04/22|04/28|05/01|05/20/15|05/26/15.|07/02/15.|08/05/15.|--/--/--.|New York,NY
walidetmouna.....|--/--/--|04/22|04/27|05/01|05/22/15|05/21/15.|06/08/15.|07/15/15.|--/--/--.|Boston,MA (Early FP 05/19)
mtnhiker.........|--/--/--|04/22|04/24|04/29|05/21/15|05/26/15.|06/05/15.|07/06/15.|--/--/--.|Atlanta,GA

================================
USCIS Phoenix, Arizona Lockbox
================================
UserName.........|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd|NOA..|Fprints.|In Line..|Int Ltr..|Intview..|Oath.....|Field Office

PursueUrDream....|06/15/12|03/30|04/07|04/10|04/30/15|05/20/15.|05/30/15.|07/07/15.|--/--/--.|Kansas City, MO
(Early FP 04/22)
e-Money..........|05/27/09|04/02|04/08|04/11|04/27/15|04/30/15.|06/26/15.|07/28/15.|--/--/--.|Denver, CO
truestorybro.....|06/24/10|04/03|04/09|04/14|04/28/15|05/26/15.|06/23/15.|07/28/15.|--/--/--.|San Francisco, CA (Early FP 04/21)
karlee...........|07/09/09|04/06|04/13|04/20|05/08/15|05/12/15.|06/23/15.|07/28/15.|--/--/--.|San Francisco, CA

kyoussef7........|01/01/11|04/06|04/10|04/15|05/11/15|05/13/15.|06/27/15.|07/28/15.|--/--/--.|Los Angeles, CA
AmongStrangers...|07/05/10|04/06|04/09|04/10|05/04/15|06/05/15.|07/01/15.|08/05/15.|--/--/--.|Chicago,IL
j21..............|--/--/--|04/08|04/15|04/20|05/05/15|05/06/15.|05/11/15.|06/12/15.|07/17/15.|Cleveland, OH (Early FP 05/04)
WhirlyHead.......|07/08/10|04/12|04/16|04/23|05/13/15|--/--/15.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Los Angeles, CA(Early FP 05/05)
neoes............|09/01/95|04/13|MnOrd|04/18|05/12/15|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Chicago,IL
S&S2015..........|09/01/06|04/14|04/22|05/02|05/19/15|06/29/15.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Detroit, MI
Zara_............|03/22/12|04/15|04/21|04/24|05/11/15|05/14/15.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Seattle, WA (Early FP 05/04)
April_2015.......|07/25/09|04/15|04/23|04/25|05/21/15|05/26/15.|07/20/15.|08/20/15.|--/--/--.|Chicago,IL
arifturzo........|07/16/10|04/17|04/21|04/25|05/18/15|06/18/15.|07/06/15.|08/05/15.|--/--/--.|Detroit,MI
khaopat..........|11/15/11|04/18|04/24|04/27|05/18/15|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Santa Ana, CA
trichard.........|08/07/07|04/19|04/27|04/29|05/20/15|05/26/15.|07/13/15.|08/17/15.|--/--/--.|Sacramento, CA
simplynice12.....|07/12/12|04/22|04/29|05/02|05/20/15|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Chicago,IL (Early FP 05/14)

===========================================================================
USCIS Lincoln, Nebraska Lockbox (Filing Under 319b, 328, or 329 of the INA)
===========================================================================
UserName.........|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd|NOA..|Fprints.|In Line..|Int Ltr..|Intview..|Oath.....|Field Office

ICEPECK..........|06/18/10|04/09|04/20|04/23|05/13/15|05/22/15.|06/08/15.|07/17/15.|--/--/--.|Oklahoma City, OK

german31.........|03/21/09|04/09|04/15|04/25|05/04/15|05/04/15.|--/--/--.|06/15/15.|06/15/15.|Atlanta,GA (Early FP 04/30)
Jupeto...........|06/20/14|04/21|04/29|05/11|05/21/15|05/26/15.|06/26/15.|07/08/15.|--/--/--.|Norfolk,VA

Instructions for adding/updating yourself (or assisting others) to this list:

1. DO NOT DELETE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
2. Please make sure you are using Rich Text Editor as your message setting.
3. Click "Quote" on the most recent/updated posting version of this list.
4. Remove the "Quote Coding" at the top and bottom of the list.
5. Always use [Courier New] Font and font size.[12]
6. Make changes and Add Reply.
7. Red Font="I'm A United States Citizen"!

Legend:
GC-Date: The 'Resident Since' Date located on your first green card
Sent: Date N-400 was mailed to USCIS
Cashd: Date your check was cashed by USCIS
NOA: Date you received the official I-797 notification in the mail about case acceptance
Fprints: Date assigned for fingerprinting
In Line: Date you received e-notification about your interview date
Int Ltr: Date you received the official letter in the mail regarding interview
Intview: Date of your interview
Oath: Date Oath taken
Field Office: Your local USCIS office where you would have the N-400 interview

2015 US Passport Application Tracker List

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

I had an interview yesterday and my petition has been recommended for approval it was like peice of cake all went well also the officer asked me if i can be available to appear for oath next thursday i.e. July 30th and she scheduled me for oath for next thursday they did the same for my wife as well so all the folks for washington dc field office can expect the same i guess. Thanks to all the members of the forum and i wish all those who are still waiting to get thier interview/oath scheduled soon.

Congrats!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.