Not a Tailor

Tracking EP at the NVC (YOUR DATA NEEDED!)

1,158 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey mags so good to hear from you, don't be like me and try to get everything done all at once, unpack slowly lol....

Haven't heard anythingas yet as of yesterday they only have 40 world wide locations up and running and only toronto fall into that slot no mention of montreal so fingers crossed they get that up and running today.

Thank you so much for checking it means a lot ...

Happy unpacking

Hi everyone hope you all doing great no dog and cat fights and I hope charlotte is not that hot ...?

fingers crossed something happens soon, sammyann and all others waiting!!!

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

Timeline

Hey mags so good to hear from you, don't be like me and try to get everything done all at once, unpack slowly lol....

Haven't heard anythingas yet as of yesterday they only have 40 world wide locations up and running and only toronto fall into that slot no mention of montreal so fingers crossed they get that up and running today.

Happy unpacking

Hi everyone hope you all doing great no dog and cat fights and I hope charlotte is not that hot ...?

Ha ha, trust me, the unpacking is going slowly!! It's driving me mad.

Ok, well I hope it gets up and running really quickly for you. I imagine they don't want more backlog. Although it feels to us like they don't care, they ARE responsible to someone out there, and bureaucrats don't want to be working Saturdays and Sundays to get things done. I will keep on sending good vibes to you and all those waiting.

LIfe is good because I am here, but as life goes, there are new challenges. I went to the SSA office in Burbank to see if maybe they might get my SSN faster, and they didn't - told me that the INS already applied and I have to just wait for it in the mail. Couldn't even give me a number which was weird. SO I sit and wait. It's a bit frustrating. I'm lucky in that my husband is still on vacation, so he can help me and ferry me around. Los Angeles is NOT an easy to move around city without a car. We did go to buy me a used car, but even that was a struggle as in the end, my husband had to take on the full loan. Without an SSN I am a ghost to them and no one will do anything for me. I also highly suggest at least having travel insurance or some kind of "tie over" health insurance when you move here. I had to buy last minute short-term insurance because I totally forgot about it (ironic, being in the medical profession), but all of you make sure you have something to bridge that gap between Canada and whatever insurance you get from work, partner, etc. HHC Insurance seems to be one of the companies that sells short term and travel insurance (that you have to buy from the US) or you can get travel insurance from whatever company you use in Canada. That's my advice so far.

Anyways, ok. Will stop babbling. Hope all is good with everyone!!!!

I'm really sorry you are still waiting Sammyann. :( I hope since they are starting to get some of it resolved, Montreal will be up next. Charlotte is quite hot. Breaking all kinds of records. So Mr and I went from the coldest winter on record, to hottest June on record. I guess that's just how we do things, in extremes ha.

Mag I'm sorry to hear you don't have your SSN yet and they can't do anything for you. Hopefully they are being quick though since Mr and NAT got theirs and yours will be arriving shortly (spelled correctly!!!!). There is a lot to do once getting here, in a short amount of time. We still need to register the car and get him a new license. It's just been nonstop since we got here, and I've started back at work. Everybody is settling in though. Our dog had to have a minor surgery because she got stung by something and the stinger was not coming out on its own, got all infected and caused a huge lump, and now she's wearing the cone of shame. She got her sutures out though and no more bandage and is feeling much better!

Miss talking to you gals regularly. :wub:

~12-25-2006: met online (a blog site)
05-01-2013: FINALLY MET IN PERSON! in Canada
05-04-2013: finally became a couple
06-14-2014: got engaged
08-08-2014: got married in Canada
09-18-2014: sent I-130 via UPS, 142 pages in total
09-19-2014: I-130 arrived and signed for
09-24-2014: NOA1 text & hard copy received same day, Vermont Service Center
11-20-2014: NOA2 (I-130 approval!) hard copy received, 57 days from NOA1

12-08-2014: NVC received case
01-14-2015: case number and IIN number received via email
01-14-2015: DS-261 submitted
01-14-2015: AOS fee paid
01-22-2015: IV fee paid
01-24-2015: DS-260 submitted
01-25-2015: AOS and IV documents submitted electronically
02-18-2015: petitioner's proof of US domicile submitted electronically
02-25-2015: email confirmation received (31 days after sending!), scan date of 01-26-2015 <--60 day wait starts
03-24-2015: email confirmation received (34 days after sending!), scan date of 02-18-2015 <--60 day wait starts (a 2nd time)
03-31-2015: case completed at NVC! 2/18 documents got reviewed with the 1/26 ones, 64 days from original scan date

04-07-2015: case complete email received
04-22-2015: interview date email received
05-13-2015: medical in Montreal

05-19-2015: picked up medical results
05-20-2015: interview in Montreal --- APPROVED!, 238 days from NOA1

05-25-2015: passport/visa received!

05-30-2015: POE, Calais/St Stephen land crossing, 248 days from NOA1

06-03-2015: paid ELIS fee

06-10-2015: SSN received

07-02-2015: green card received!

03-13-2017: sent I-751 via USPS to Vermont Service Center, 156 pages in total 
03-14-2017: I-751 arrived and signed for

03-23-2017: NOA1 received, dated 03-16-2017

04-07-2017: biometrics appointment letter received 
04-18-2017: biometrics appointment 

02-05-2018: I-751 approval received!, dated 02-01-2018

Timeline

I'm really sorry you are still waiting Sammyann. :( I hope since they are starting to get some of it resolved, Montreal will be up next. Charlotte is quite hot. Breaking all kinds of records. So Mr and I went from the coldest winter on record, to hottest June on record. I guess that's just how we do things, in extremes ha.

Mag I'm sorry to hear you don't have your SSN yet and they can't do anything for you. Hopefully they are being quick though since Mr and NAT got theirs and yours will be arriving shortly (spelled correctly!!!!). There is a lot to do once getting here, in a short amount of time. We still need to register the car and get him a new license. It's just been nonstop since we got here, and I've started back at work. Everybody is settling in though. Our dog had to have a minor surgery because she got stung by something and the stinger was not coming out on its own, got all infected and caused a huge lump, and now she's wearing the cone of shame. She got her sutures out though and no more bandage and is feeling much better!

Miss talking to you guys too!!! Got my SSN. Seems around 10 days is the norm. Great!! FINALLY able to fill all those employment forms. The U.S. sure has a lot of forms;) Have a great weekend everyone.

hey sammyann i just read that other fellow canadians are getting notices from loomis that visa is in transit....so you should be hearing something soon :dance::dance:

still prayin' for you and all others in waiting.

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

Timeline

Happy unpacking

haha mrs thb beat me to it!!! I also read people are getting their visas issued!!! Here is to yours!!!! Let us know so we can celebrate with you.

M

Timeline

Thanks hon I am still here waiting, so nice to hear from you.... Thanks!!!!!!

Miss talking to you guys too!!! Got my SSN. Seems around 10 days is the norm. Great!! FINALLY able to fill all those employment forms. The U.S. sure has a lot of forms;) Have a great weekend everyone.

Congrats mags sounds like things are moving along, that's just good to hear positive things, thanks for checking in

Timeline

hey sammyann i just read that other fellow canadians are getting notices from loomis that visa is in transit....so you should be hearing something soon :dance::dance:

still prayin' for you and all others in waiting.

Hey mrs thb

It's good to hear from you, how are you? Thank you for checking in I really appreciate it and I need all those prayers, I haven't heard anything as yet and my status haven't been updated since 15 June, so I am on pins and needles.

My husband have to schedule time off and I have to arrange the truck and get all my stuff in order and I haven't started anything as yet, this limbo feeling is not for me I am such an organise person so this is like death to me not being able to have a to do list and not having a time line.... Ahrrrr

Thank you all for your support

Timeline

CC May 5th, no news from NVC yet.....so sad.

I am so sorry I know how you feel but it's just wrong timming for you, because it usually take one month to get an interview date and because your case was closed so late in May and then the U.S. Consulate all went down on the 9 June.

So I am pretty sure you will get a date for July you can call the nvc because they know your date before get the actual P4 packet ..... Good luck good things are coming soon

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Thanks Sammyann, I ve been calling the whole last week to to avail. I ll try again early morning and see what happens. On my NOA2 they clearly stated I should give 60days. Don't know if that's the case for most people though you mentioned it takes just 30days in principle.

Timeline

Thanks Sammyann, I ve been calling the whole last week to to avail. I ll try again early morning and see what happens. On my NOA2 they clearly stated I should give 60days. Don't know if that's the case for most people though you mentioned it takes just 30days in principle.

Yea they say 60 but it usually takes 30 but with all that have happen and now with the back log you just have to be patient I know it hard but you got to think positive your case is closed it will move much faster the minute you get the interview date

Happy birthday Mag!!!! :dancing::goofy::pop::thumbs::wub::content::star::dance::energy::jest::innocent::yes:

~12-25-2006: met online (a blog site)
05-01-2013: FINALLY MET IN PERSON! in Canada
05-04-2013: finally became a couple
06-14-2014: got engaged
08-08-2014: got married in Canada
09-18-2014: sent I-130 via UPS, 142 pages in total
09-19-2014: I-130 arrived and signed for
09-24-2014: NOA1 text & hard copy received same day, Vermont Service Center
11-20-2014: NOA2 (I-130 approval!) hard copy received, 57 days from NOA1

12-08-2014: NVC received case
01-14-2015: case number and IIN number received via email
01-14-2015: DS-261 submitted
01-14-2015: AOS fee paid
01-22-2015: IV fee paid
01-24-2015: DS-260 submitted
01-25-2015: AOS and IV documents submitted electronically
02-18-2015: petitioner's proof of US domicile submitted electronically
02-25-2015: email confirmation received (31 days after sending!), scan date of 01-26-2015 <--60 day wait starts
03-24-2015: email confirmation received (34 days after sending!), scan date of 02-18-2015 <--60 day wait starts (a 2nd time)
03-31-2015: case completed at NVC! 2/18 documents got reviewed with the 1/26 ones, 64 days from original scan date

04-07-2015: case complete email received
04-22-2015: interview date email received
05-13-2015: medical in Montreal

05-19-2015: picked up medical results
05-20-2015: interview in Montreal --- APPROVED!, 238 days from NOA1

05-25-2015: passport/visa received!

05-30-2015: POE, Calais/St Stephen land crossing, 248 days from NOA1

06-03-2015: paid ELIS fee

06-10-2015: SSN received

07-02-2015: green card received!

03-13-2017: sent I-751 via USPS to Vermont Service Center, 156 pages in total 
03-14-2017: I-751 arrived and signed for

03-23-2017: NOA1 received, dated 03-16-2017

04-07-2017: biometrics appointment letter received 
04-18-2017: biometrics appointment 

02-05-2018: I-751 approval received!, dated 02-01-2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.