Not a Tailor

Tracking EP at the NVC (YOUR DATA NEEDED!)

1,158 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry I have been absent everyone.

NAT I hope you and your wife are having a lovely time :wub:

Mag and CG123 I am so sorry you are waiting so much longer than anticipated. I know that's got to feel terrible. However, I really do think that an approval at the interview is an approval. I think there is just something stupid going on at the consulate for those particular interviews from that day.

I see you guys are POE-ing tomorrow!! SOOOO EXCITING!!!! I hope it goes smoothly!!! Safe travels!

Timeline

Thanks all!!! I was rapturously happy for CdnGirl yesterday. I really hope it's just a weird backlog, and I am thinking and hoping that since I was after her, I am after her somewhere in that pile! So far not even an update, but there is still some time. Here's to hoping. Thanks for all the support.

AWESOME news CG123!!!! And mag of course that means yours is coming :dancing::goofy:

And yep we are POEing! Called the crossing and they said day time is best. We asked about the car and dog, and I think we are good to go!

~12-25-2006: met online (a blog site)
05-01-2013: FINALLY MET IN PERSON! in Canada
05-04-2013: finally became a couple
06-14-2014: got engaged
08-08-2014: got married in Canada
09-18-2014: sent I-130 via UPS, 142 pages in total
09-19-2014: I-130 arrived and signed for
09-24-2014: NOA1 text & hard copy received same day, Vermont Service Center
11-20-2014: NOA2 (I-130 approval!) hard copy received, 57 days from NOA1

12-08-2014: NVC received case
01-14-2015: case number and IIN number received via email
01-14-2015: DS-261 submitted
01-14-2015: AOS fee paid
01-22-2015: IV fee paid
01-24-2015: DS-260 submitted
01-25-2015: AOS and IV documents submitted electronically
02-18-2015: petitioner's proof of US domicile submitted electronically
02-25-2015: email confirmation received (31 days after sending!), scan date of 01-26-2015 <--60 day wait starts
03-24-2015: email confirmation received (34 days after sending!), scan date of 02-18-2015 <--60 day wait starts (a 2nd time)
03-31-2015: case completed at NVC! 2/18 documents got reviewed with the 1/26 ones, 64 days from original scan date

04-07-2015: case complete email received
04-22-2015: interview date email received
05-13-2015: medical in Montreal

05-19-2015: picked up medical results
05-20-2015: interview in Montreal --- APPROVED!, 238 days from NOA1

05-25-2015: passport/visa received!

05-30-2015: POE, Calais/St Stephen land crossing, 248 days from NOA1

06-03-2015: paid ELIS fee

06-10-2015: SSN received

07-02-2015: green card received!

03-13-2017: sent I-751 via USPS to Vermont Service Center, 156 pages in total 
03-14-2017: I-751 arrived and signed for

03-23-2017: NOA1 received, dated 03-16-2017

04-07-2017: biometrics appointment letter received 
04-18-2017: biometrics appointment 

02-05-2018: I-751 approval received!, dated 02-01-2018

Timeline

AWESOME news CG123!!!! And mag of course that means yours is coming :dancing::goofy:

And yep we are POEing! Called the crossing and they said day time is best. We asked about the car and dog, and I think we are good to go!

Yay!! So glad for you guys. Travel safely!!!

Timeline

What did they tell you about the car? This is the one thing I feel like I know nothing about...I know I need to do something...but I have no idea what!

Timeline

Hi mag please don't be worried the embassy have no system we have be proven that time and time again, there is a girl on here that started before me then I got my 130 approve before her, then she got her case closed 3 days before mine so then I figure we might get the same interview dates then it turn out she got the 18 and I got the 10 now you tell me where is the system in that, hon you got approved they won't take that back don't let these people take what little peace of mind you were able to achieved last week hearing those words you are approved, God have brought u this far have faith everything have a reason, I am thinking of you

Two chickies safe travels hopefully we meet in Charlotte one day for a coffee

Congrats canadiangirl123

Two chickies my cousin did this process two years ago and she had to pay the change over her car did you find out what u need to do about your car

Yay!! So glad for you guys. Travel safely!!!

Thank you so much!!

What did they tell you about the car? This is the one thing I feel like I know nothing about...I know I need to do something...but I have no idea what!

We only figured out what to do because of VJ. Check here: http://www.epa.gov/oms/imports/canadian.htm

Mr. called the Pontiac representative, he sent him an email with the form he needed to fill out, filled it out with credit card info for 50$ and faxed it in, then he emailed the compliance letter and sent the hard copy in the mail the next day! Easy peasy. That way we can import the car at the border. You don't have to do it at the crossing, but you have to go back to some POE and import it within 30 days I *think*.

Hi mag please don't be worried the embassy have no system we have be proven that time and time again, there is a girl on here that started before me then I got my 130 approve before her, then she got her case closed 3 days before mine so then I figure we might get the same interview dates then it turn out she got the 18 and I got the 10 now you tell me where is the system in that, hon you got approved they won't take that back don't let these people take what little peace of mind you were able to achieved last week hearing those words you are approved, God have brought u this far have faith everything have a reason, I am thinking of you

Congrats canadiangirl123

Two chickies my cousin did this process two years ago and she had to pay the change over her car did you find out what u need to do about your car

We should definitely meet up! As you said there are no guarantees or predictability in any of this. It's really unfortunate.

I don't think we will have to pay any fees to import it since it's a 2004 Pontiac. :) If it was new we most likely would have to! Check out this page: http://www.epa.gov/oms/imports/canadian.htm

~12-25-2006: met online (a blog site)
05-01-2013: FINALLY MET IN PERSON! in Canada
05-04-2013: finally became a couple
06-14-2014: got engaged
08-08-2014: got married in Canada
09-18-2014: sent I-130 via UPS, 142 pages in total
09-19-2014: I-130 arrived and signed for
09-24-2014: NOA1 text & hard copy received same day, Vermont Service Center
11-20-2014: NOA2 (I-130 approval!) hard copy received, 57 days from NOA1

12-08-2014: NVC received case
01-14-2015: case number and IIN number received via email
01-14-2015: DS-261 submitted
01-14-2015: AOS fee paid
01-22-2015: IV fee paid
01-24-2015: DS-260 submitted
01-25-2015: AOS and IV documents submitted electronically
02-18-2015: petitioner's proof of US domicile submitted electronically
02-25-2015: email confirmation received (31 days after sending!), scan date of 01-26-2015 <--60 day wait starts
03-24-2015: email confirmation received (34 days after sending!), scan date of 02-18-2015 <--60 day wait starts (a 2nd time)
03-31-2015: case completed at NVC! 2/18 documents got reviewed with the 1/26 ones, 64 days from original scan date

04-07-2015: case complete email received
04-22-2015: interview date email received
05-13-2015: medical in Montreal

05-19-2015: picked up medical results
05-20-2015: interview in Montreal --- APPROVED!, 238 days from NOA1

05-25-2015: passport/visa received!

05-30-2015: POE, Calais/St Stephen land crossing, 248 days from NOA1

06-03-2015: paid ELIS fee

06-10-2015: SSN received

07-02-2015: green card received!

03-13-2017: sent I-751 via USPS to Vermont Service Center, 156 pages in total 
03-14-2017: I-751 arrived and signed for

03-23-2017: NOA1 received, dated 03-16-2017

04-07-2017: biometrics appointment letter received 
04-18-2017: biometrics appointment 

02-05-2018: I-751 approval received!, dated 02-01-2018

congrats as well cdngrl123 and ditto on that yours is coming mag. :goofy:

further blessings for a safe and happy road trip twochickies!!! :luv:

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

Timeline

Congrats canadiangirl123

Thanks Sammyann that's really nice of you. It's hard not to get discouraged sigh. They haven't even looked at my file since Wednesday.

Thanks Sammyann that's really nice of you. It's hard not to get discouraged sigh. They haven't even looked at my file since Wednesday.

hey mag, I'm here staying hopeful. the day isn't done yet.

were there any questions asked at your interview that could be compounding this delay? I'm thinking and thinking and thinking trying to figure this out too!

I know you and cdngirl pretty much closed the place last friday....was your interview quick, could they have forgot to get something from you or ask you something that they could be researching? I don't want to cause you further grief but sometime looking at it from the other side helps put things into perspective. maybe they gave you back one too many docs and they are trying desperately to find it? all in all, they kept your passport, told you you were approved so i believe, like others, you were and this is just a paper processing problem. hey, by the way do you carry 2 passports? which did they keep?

as for my case being processed so quickly...i don't think mine trumped yours (ie issuing visas out of order) I seriously think since I've been through this process before and out of the same office with no information changing it was cut and dry. had this been my first time, i think i'd still be waiting.

they are working on your case as you said it was touched, something must have come up for it to be delayed further. maybe something happened to the worker (fingers crossed for not) and hence that's why your file remains untouched. things happen. don't let this delay bring you down. you got it!!! its not like you wanted to POE this weekend, right? its coming and when it arrives we're going to throw you a big emoticon party! although, we'd love it more to do it person!!! :luv:(L)

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

Timeline

Hmmm that is an interesting thought Mrsthb...maybe yours was a special case (getting issued quickly for whatever reason) and the norm right now is to wait a little longer. Do you know anyone else who interviewed the same day as you and if their visa has been issued? Or anyone else know anyone who interviewed after us and if they are still waiting or not? I might try and scour VJ and see if I can find anyone.

Timeline

hey mag, I'm here staying hopeful. the day isn't done yet.

were there any questions asked at your interview that could be compounding this delay? I'm thinking and thinking and thinking trying to figure this out too!

I know you and cdngirl pretty much closed the place last friday....was your interview quick, could they have forgot to get something from you or ask you something that they could be researching? I don't want to cause you further grief but sometime looking at it from the other side helps put things into perspective. maybe they gave you back one too many docs and they are trying desperately to find it? all in all, they kept your passport, told you you were approved so i believe, like others, you were and this is just a paper processing problem. hey, by the way do you carry 2 passports? which did they keep?

as for my case being processed so quickly...i don't think mine trumped yours (ie issuing visas out of order) I seriously think since I've been through this process before and out of the same office with no information changing it was cut and dry. had this been my first time, i think i'd still be waiting.

they are working on your case as you said it was touched, something must have come up for it to be delayed further. maybe something happened to the worker (fingers crossed for not) and hence that's why your file remains untouched. things happen. don't let this delay bring you down. you got it!!! its not like you wanted to POE this weekend, right? its coming and when it arrives we're going to throw you a big emoticon party! although, we'd love it more to do it person!!! :luv:(L)

Well, thanks mrs thb for staying focused. No update or anything today, nothing since Wed, and I alternate between panic and rationalizing. I only have one pssport, my Canadian one. I still hope that because my number was 10 further from CdnGirl maybe Ibam still on a pile to be done somewhere. I have seen people here, Canadians, who have had the "ready" for a couple or weeks without a real reason, albeit its rare. They have gotten issued eventually.

I am terrified that they found "something" but i dont know what that could be. He barely asked me ANything - just what I do, what my hubbydoes, where we will live and whether I had any trouble at the border. Apart from being dragged into secondary a few times for normal reasons, i have never been denied entry so I said "no" to that question. Now I wonder if I should have expounded but I think I am overthinking it there. It was a fast interview. The ONLY thing that could pose issues was my name being differe BUT the CO was scanning my docs in front of me LOOKING at those names and didnt say a word. I was ready for that question and it never came.

But then WHY was CdnGrl taking so long too? Her file, to me, seems pretty standard.

I am really scared but there is nothing to do. It's still at "ready" not AP, not anything else. I just feel that of there was a really big issue would that not have been addressed at the interview? Have you guys ever seen people's approvals taken back? I dont really know what to think.

And why has it not been looked at since Wed? Argh. And if there was some sort of big issue would they not tell me at some point?

Edited by mag2929

Timeline

Mag what date was your interview I am going to look to find if there is anyone else who did theirs that day or maybe the same week

May 22. But TwoChickies had Mr Chickies on May 20th and had that visa quick too. I wish I knew if any of the May 22 people were delayed. Thanks Sammyann, thats really nice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.