Not a Tailor

Tracking EP at the NVC (YOUR DATA NEEDED!)

1,158 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey you all first I must say thank you for all the conversations they keep me positive and hopeful to know I am not the only one facing this stress from hell, we got a check list so now that have set me back, I have mo more tears to cry I am so numb, but I am trying to stay positive because she people have gotten a quick review in less than the 60 days they quote you, so I am hoping that's me.

Congrats to all who are waiting on their interviews, I know how u feel it's like when u r at work and having a bad day and u have two more hours to go and u keep looking at that clock and everytime you look it's only two to three minutes that went by and u are just dying, so hang in there and keep busy with something and before u know it u r in Montreal the end is in site!!!!

hey friends, move to reno! its not crazy hot (like the chimney you speak about in texas) in the summer...there's always a cool breeze and nights usually cool down where you can open the windows to find reprieve. btw, i hate A/C. although there are tumbleweeds and dust here, its really beautiful....an outdoor recreational mecca. lake tahoe and pyramid lake are both less than an hour away. if your a hiker or biker or skier like me, you will love it! yes, it can get to 104F for about a good week or 2 here but its a dry heat not that humid stuff the east coast gets.

i too am from southern ontario and teach as well!!! omg canadiangirl123 do we know each other???? and agree I'm happy to be done with winter. when we applied for our i130 in january 2014 we expected to be done with this process by now and really expected I wouldn't suffer another winter in Canada. well, we did the math, we'd been through this process before (so felt we were experts) but only had our math blown out the winter window! i'll be damned if i have to spend another one in canada! i'm so tired of shoveling, worrying about ice storms and cracked up drivers who don't know how to drive (I was tboned this winter and my precious A4 totaled). since i love to ski, i love snow i just hate our weather and conditions. snow in reno is usually in mountains ( I'm in reno currently so i can see them now...in my backyard) and when it does snow here in the city, it doesn't stay because its too sunny. imagine that my southern ontario friends...too sunny!!

now as far as the math. i'm not holding out for may or june interview (there's just too many people ahead of me) but i don't get why only 2 people were scheduled for may that we know of and its booked??? sure they conduct other interviews but really???? i read something on dwheels thread about scheduling dates as per your pd but don't really understand how this comes into play when nothing else seems to give you priority...eg CC yesterday and interview booked today as was posted sometime late last week. trying to understand anything in this process has driven me to drink!!! best i wait for july or maybe august for an interview....grrr

NAT, I have stuff to keep you busy...wanna come help me purge for my POE? hahahahaha maybe you'll find yourself a treasure!!! ;)

the good thing is monday is around the corner and if start chanting now...maybe some good news will come our way!!!

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

Timeline

Hey you all first I must say thank you for all the conversations they keep me positive and hopeful to know I am not the only one facing this stress from hell, we got a check list so now that have set me back, I have mo more tears to cry I am so numb, but I am trying to stay positive because she people have gotten a quick review in less than the 60 days they quote you, so I am hoping that's me.

Congrats to all who are waiting on their interviews, I know how u feel it's like when u r at work and having a bad day and u have two more hours to go and u keep looking at that clock and everytime you look it's only two to three minutes that went by and u are just dying, so hang in there and keep busy with something and before u know it u r in Montreal the end is in site!!!!

Hey Sammyann, all you can do is stay positive, but it IS easier to do so with people who understand. I have been seeing a bit more movement with checklist reviews, so it might be faster than you think!

I like this forum because apart from the requisite venting about the waits, we also talk about the weather and planning for the future, which actually does wonders for my peace of mind. Looking forward is the way to NOT allow the NVC process to get to you. The NVC doesn't care that you cry or suffer or lose out because of this, so the only person you hurt with the stress is yourself. So let's not let them win, and focus on what we CAN do, rather than what we can't.

Lots of hugs, M

Timeline

hey friends, move to reno! its not crazy hot (like the chimney you speak about in texas) in the summer...there's always a cool breeze and nights usually cool down where you can open the windows to find reprieve. btw, i hate A/C. although there are tumbleweeds and dust here, its really beautiful....an outdoor recreational mecca. lake tahoe and pyramid lake are both less than an hour away. if your a hiker or biker or skier like me, you will love it! yes, it can get to 104F for about a good week or 2 here but its a dry heat not that humid stuff the east coast gets.

i too am from southern ontario and teach as well!!! omg canadiangirl123 do we know each other???? and agree I'm happy to be done with winter. when we applied for our i130 in january 2014 we expected to be done with this process by now and really expected I wouldn't suffer another winter in Canada. well, we did the math, we'd been through this process before (so felt we were experts) but only had our math blown out the winter window! i'll be damned if i have to spend another one in canada! i'm so tired of shoveling, worrying about ice storms and cracked up drivers who don't know how to drive (I was tboned this winter and my precious A4 totaled). since i love to ski, i love snow i just hate our weather and conditions. snow in reno is usually in mountains ( I'm in reno currently so i can see them now...in my backyard) and when it does snow here in the city, it doesn't stay because its too sunny. imagine that my southern ontario friends...too sunny!!

now as far as the math. i'm not holding out for may or june interview (there's just too many people ahead of me) but i don't get why only 2 people were scheduled for may that we know of and its booked??? sure they conduct other interviews but really???? i read something on dwheels thread about scheduling dates as per your pd but don't really understand how this comes into play when nothing else seems to give you priority...eg CC yesterday and interview booked today as was posted sometime late last week. trying to understand anything in this process has driven me to drink!!! best i wait for july or maybe august for an interview....grrr

NAT, I have stuff to keep you busy...wanna come help me purge for my POE? hahahahaha maybe you'll find yourself a treasure!!! ;)

the good thing is monday is around the corner and if start chanting now...maybe some good news will come our way!!!

hahah interesting!! I don't know....maybe we do know each other!! I teach for the Bluewater Board (a really small rural board). I'm currently working on my mid-term report cards and desperately needed a break! They are only due tomorrow haha nothing like waiting for the last minute!! So here I am killing some time :) Be glad you are not here right now...I'm not sure how long you've been away or how much you've been following the news but things have gotten bad in terms of negotiations and the first board (Durham) is going on strike tomorrow! Blah!

Reno sounds PERFECT!! I wonder if I can convince the hubby to move!!?? haha Are there many teaching opportunities there?? We had better not all still be in Canada for another winter...I will be raising some #*$@ if that is the case! I hope that we will still here something early this week even if it is for a later interview.

Edited by CanadianGirl123

Timeline

hahah interesting!! I don't know....maybe we do know each other!! I teach for the Bluewater Board (a really small rural board). I'm currently working on my mid-term report cards and desperately needed a break! They are only due tomorrow haha nothing like waiting for the last minute!! So here I am killing some time :) Be glad you are not here right now...I'm not sure how long you've been away or how much you've been following the news but things have gotten bad in terms of negotiations and the first board (Durham) is going on strike tomorrow! Blah!

Reno sounds PERFECT!! I wonder if I can convince the hubby to move!!?? haha Are there many teaching opportunities there?? We had better not all still be in Canada for another winter...I will be raising some #*$@ if that is the case! I hope that we will still here something early this week even if it is for a later interview.

Holy crow we might know each other. I went K-victory lap in Bluewater.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Timeline

That is a great analogy! It is a lot like that! Time is going so slow waiting for the end! I'm sorry for your checklist, was this your first or second one? Your timeline says you submitted your documents back in December. Are you filing EP? Have you submitted everything again? This process is so overwhelming!! I hope things go quickly for you!

Timeline

Holy crow we might know each other. I went K-victory lap in Bluewater.

Super weird!!! What high school??....it's cool if you don't want to share! I know this is a very public forum to get so personal haha. I've only been teaching for about 5 years now but I also went to school here as a kid!

Timeline

West Hill.

2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

Timeline

Seriously! That's amazing.

March 13, 2014 Married!

Timeline

nope! :clock:

ARGH!!!!! Thank goodness I am at work for 34 hours starting tomorrow morning, because at least that means I am too busy (and exhausted) to think about this!! All my love to all of you waiting!!

And a special mention to CanadianGirl because she's my CC buddy!

Timeline

ARGH!!!!! Thank goodness I am at work for 34 hours starting tomorrow morning, because at least that means I am too busy (and exhausted) to think about this!! All my love to all of you waiting!!

And a special mention to CanadianGirl because she's my CC buddy!

Eeekk a 34 hour work day...yikes!! You know immigration is taking over your life when you're looking forward to working for more than a day straight! haha I totally get it though!!

Timeline

Eeekk a 34 hour work day...yikes!! You know immigration is taking over your life when you're looking forward to working for more than a day straight! haha I totally get it though!!

ha ha so true!! didn't think of it that way… so sad. But working that much numbs the pain:) Or at least numbs the "crazy." You know, there must be something in the water on this board, because I come from three generations of teachers and although I chose to do something different, I always end up loving teaching the best. What a great calling.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.