Not a Tailor

Tracking EP at the NVC (YOUR DATA NEEDED!)

1,158 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

her timeline suggests she is from austrailia, which could be why.

I'd love further insights as to her quick cc too!

So is there some sort of Canadian conspiracy? haha Ugh! I have to just keep laughing at it all or I might cry!

So they told you not to expect anything until May? You're just a few days after me and I'm already almost at 60 days...another whole month? Wowzers! I'm going to call tonight or early next week just to check in and see if there is any news on my stuff.

Timeline

So is there some sort of Canadian conspiracy? haha Ugh! I have to just keep laughing at it all or I might cry!

So they told you not to expect anything until May? You're just a few days after me and I'm already almost at 60 days...another whole month? Wowzers! I'm going to call tonight or early next week just to check in and see if there is any news on my stuff.

KEEP LAUGHING!!! If you cry, they win;)

There is no rhyme or reason to all of this, as you well know, so just call. I called yesterday and the young lady, very nice one, told me that it now takes 45 days for reviews. She also told me that there is no difference in EP vs. paper. So like I said, just call and ask about your specific application. And don't compare yourself - I've stopped because it just makes my heart hurt.

And please note that I have seriously started believing in a Canadian conspiracy:):)

Edited by mag2929

Timeline

KEEP LAUGHING!!! If you cry, they win;)

There is no rhyme or reason to all of this, as you well know, so just call. I called yesterday and the young lady, very nice one, told me that it now takes 45 days for reviews. She also told me that there is no difference in EP vs. paper. So like I said, just call and ask about your specific application. And don't compare yourself - I've stopped because it just makes my heart hurt.

And please note that I have seriously started believing in a Canadian conspiracy:) :)

hmmm 45 days eh?? Interesting! It's been more than that for you...did you ask her where then your review was? They make no sense!

Timeline

hmmm 45 days eh?? Interesting! It's been more than that for you...did you ask her where then your review was? They make no sense!

Yep - it is more than 45. I was so flabbergasted at the 45 days I didn't actually ask her about my own application:) I was used to the 60 day spiel. I was also exhausted so it didn't kick in. I was going to call today and say "it's been more than 45 days, where is my CC?":) I will call actually.

They make NO sense at all. The worst part for me is that they make no sense and we have no recourse at all. All we can do is vent and wait. It's very disempowering.

Timeline

Yep - it is more than 45. I was so flabbergasted at the 45 days I didn't actually ask her about my own application:) I was used to the 60 day spiel. I was also exhausted so it didn't kick in. I was going to call today and say "it's been more than 45 days, where is my CC?":) I will call actually.

They make NO sense at all. The worst part for me is that they make no sense and we have no recourse at all. All we can do is vent and wait. It's very disempowering.

Alright, good luck! Let me know what they say! You'll probably get a rep. this time that says "it's taking 60 days" because every rep. seems to be on a different page!

Timeline

Alright, good luck! Let me know what they say! You'll probably get a rep. this time that says "it's taking 60 days" because every rep. seems to be on a different page!

Will do and thanks. Trust me, I am not holding my breath.

so mags and cdn girl123, what's new? did you hear back?

i checked out the nvc stats on EP and nothing has changed since late jan/feb when we filed....i counted 8 embassies/consulates and 2 are optional (you chose how you want to submit your docs), so what that rep told me about 10 and backlog doesn't make much sense....I'm giving up on trying to make sense about this. it goes against my beliefs (I am a teacher professionally and this just doesn't sit well with me)...I can't dwell on it.

I do wish however we could get others to acknowledge their EP submissions to just get an idea of how backlogged they are...this thread just doesn't seem to be super popular...

anyways, the sun is shining, off to make cookies for hubby and me (I'm visiting him currently) and praying I see soon that silver lining to the cloud that hovers up above. :)

Edited by mrs thb

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Today i was Check on NVC website but it show the Case # is not match the Invoice ID so i call NVC after 1 hour hold. they told me my file Case # has been changed. from GUZ to GZO ..Does anyone know why is that ?or anyone has the same thing here?

Timeline

Today i was Check on NVC website but it show the Case # is not match the Invoice ID so i call NVC after 1 hour hold. they told me my file Case # has been changed. from GUZ to GZO ..Does anyone know why is that ?or anyone has the same thing here?

hey there, sounds like a change of consulate? I don't know much about the Chinese consulates or codes, so perhaps it would help if you also asked within the main NVC - April 2015 thread. There are more folks from all over the world there who might see it, and might be able to tell you!!! I am sorry for my ignorance but I personally do not know.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hey there, sounds like a change of consulate? I don't know much about the Chinese consulates or codes, so perhaps it would help if you also asked within the main NVC - April 2015 thread. There are more folks from all over the world there who might see it, and might be able to tell you!!! I am sorry for my ignorance but I personally do not know.

thanks and just spoke with my lawyer he said the GUZ same is GZO

Timeline

i checked out the nvc stats on EP and nothing has changed since late jan/feb when we filed....i counted 8 embassies/consulates and 2 are optional (you chose how you want to submit your docs), so what that rep told me about 10 and backlog doesn't make much sense....I'm giving up on trying to make sense about this. it goes against my beliefs (I am a teacher professionally and this just doesn't sit well with me)...I can't dwell on it.

I do wish however we could get others to acknowledge their EP submissions to just get an idea of how backlogged they are...this thread just doesn't seem to be super popular...

anyways, the sun is shining, off to make cookies for hubby and me (I'm visiting him currently) and praying I see soon that silver lining to the cloud that hovers up above. :)

I haven't called yet. Will later. Like I said above, nothing that the NVC reps say ever makes sense. I feel like we should keep a list on VJ of weird things people are told and see if there is ANY correlation whatsoever. Interesting experiment.

I actually think many people don't know about this thread. I didn't for days after it was posted. Plus EP seems so behind (at least for us) that some people just might not want to be more depressed;)

That said, that list of EP dates on our site HAS been moving, as frustratingly slow as it does. So I do have hope.

Enjoy the cookies and the hubby and the sunshine!

Timeline

I haven't heard a thing! I'm going to call either tonight or early next week. I am also visiting my hubby this weekend and I don't really want to spend an hour or more of that time stuck on hold with the NVC, so it might have to wait until I'm back in Ontario. I will let you all know if I learn anything. Yum cookies! Enjoy!!

Timeline

I haven't heard a thing! I'm going to call either tonight or early next week. I am also visiting my hubby this weekend and I don't really want to spend an hour or more of that time stuck on hold with the NVC, so it might have to wait until I'm back in Ontario. I will let you all know if I learn anything. Yum cookies! Enjoy!!

Ahhhhh. Am I the ONLY Canadian on here whose lawyer convinced her husband that traveling to the US for me could hold up the case so that he is too anxious to let me visit???? Argh.

Timeline

Ahhhhh. Am I the ONLY Canadian on here whose lawyer convinced her husband that traveling to the US for me could hold up the case so that he is too anxious to let me visit???? Argh.

The lawyer's wrong. It will not hold up the case. I've gone back and forth twice since we filed.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Timeline

Awwwwww!!! Don't listen to him! You should just show up and surprise him!! I can drive to my husband (it's about 6.5 hours) so I come semi-regularly and have never had a problem. As for it holding up my case...who knows...maybe that's the problem with the NVC??haha I kind of doubt it though! I just tell the border officials that I'm going to visit my husband. They always ask if he's a Canadian or American citizen and only sometimes do they ask who's moving where. If they do ask, I just tell them that I am moving and we have submitted our paperwork and are just waiting. I always have a return date but no real proof because I'm driving but they don't seem to care. I'm so sorry that you haven't been able to visit your hubby!! I can't even imagine! I think you should definitely plan a visit...it will do wonders for your spirits and lets you forget about the NVC for just a little while. DO IT!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.