TBoneTX

Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case [Part II]

4,633 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Oh dear, I called USCIS several times and finally they told me that my case was at the Miami field office which you know what, significantly slower than my own field office!!!!!!!!

Anyways, I'm expecting either an approval or a medical thing soon.

btw, the ombudsman wrote back to me saying "your case is within NORMAL processing frame based on their investigation"....what the what!!!!!!!! I was so pissed off seeing that stupid email from yesterday regarding the request I made in March!!!!!

I totally do not trust anyone anymore!!

Oh dear, I called USCIS several times and finally they told me that my case was at the Miami field office which you know what, significantly slower than my own field office!!!!!!!!

Anyways, I'm expecting either an approval or a medical thing soon.

btw, the ombudsman wrote back to me saying "your case is within NORMAL processing frame based on their investigation"....what the what!!!!!!!! I was so pissed off seeing that stupid email from yesterday regarding the request I made in March!!!!!

I totally do not trust anyone anymore!!

I want to call to find out where my papers are too. Looking at the USCIS website, if my papers are in Raleigh, they should've been done by now. Did you get this information through T2?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I want to call to find out where my papers are too. Looking at the USCIS website, if my papers are in Raleigh, they should've been done by now. Did you get this information through T2?

Yes. By a T2. Call them by monday and find out. It is highly unlikely that you case is in Raleigh. They always distribute the waiver cases to other offices which does not make any sense.

Seven months in after receiving NPIW, still nothing. With no end in sight.

AOS

AOS EAD/AP sent: July 23rd

AOS EAD/AP received by USCIS( J Ibarra): July 25th

Email and Text Received: July 30th

NOA1 hard copy: August 4th

Biometrics letter received: August 18th

Biometrics appointment: August 29th

Biometrics completed: August 29th

EAD/AP approved: October 3rd

EAD/AP shipped with tracking number: October 9th

EAD/AP received: October 11th

Notice of potential inteview waiver letter received: November 17th

Dated: November 12th

EAD Renewal sent : June 11th

EAD Renewal NOA1 received: June 15th

Welcome letter received: July 2nd Dated: June 26th

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Picking up the medical today. I'm puzzled as to why a doctor would make himself available to us on a Sunday is beyond me, but I'll take it. Sending off tomorrow.

We've been told the reason the vaccination record was rejected is because on a second page with the dates and labels from shots, the person filling in the form wrote 2016 in the date given instead of 2014.

Fingers crossed something good happens soon.

K-1:

I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox: 20/09/2013

USPS delivery confirmation: 23/09/2013

Check cashed: 26/09/2013

NOA1 email: 26/09/2013

NOA1 hardcopy: 28/09/2013

Alien Registration Number: 18/10/2013

NOA2 email: 29/10/2013

NOA2 hardcopy: 31/10/2013

TSC ships to NVC: 12/11/2013

NVC received: 15/11/2013

NVC left: 22/11/2013

London received: 25/11/2013

CEAC marked as "Ready" 02/12/2013

'Packet 3' received: 18/12/2013

DS-2001 emailed: 02/01/2014

Medical: 13/01/2014

Medical logged: 16/01/2014

Interview scheduled (CEAC update called DoS): 23/01/2014

Interview: 20/02/2014...APPROVED!!!

CEAC case creation date changed: 21/02/2014

CEAC changed to Administrative Processing 21/02/2014

CEAC changed to Issued: 24/02/2014

DX delivered visa package: 27/02/2014

Entered US: 05/05/2014

Married: 04/07/2014

NOA1-NOA2 = 33 days

AOS:

Filed: 22/07/14

NOA1: 27/07/14

Biometrics: 02/09/14

EAD/AP:16/09/14

NPIW letter: 02/01/15

RFE for new medical: 21/05/2015

RFE mailed: 15/06/2015

AOS approved: 23/07/2015

Welcome Notice rec'd: 25/07/2015

Green Card rc'd: 24/08/2015

NOA1-NOA2 = 364 DAYS

Filed: Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Based on my 1 year standard predictions, your case should be resolved by the end of July.

Have you tried contacting USCIS Tier 2 yet?

If you haven't, call USCIS today and request to speak to a Tier 2 representative. There might be about 3 hours of waiting, so call in early .

the tier 2 representative will be able to tell you where is your case located at. If your case has already transfered to a local office, that means that it just be resolved within 2 months.

good luck and keep us informed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Same here. Since November which is the date I received this NPIW letter. Nothing happened. I filed an e-request over the phone. Nothing happened and they did not even assign my request for processing yet.

I-130 (Parent)

- Submitted June 2021

- 1st NOA (June 2021)

I-130 (Brother 1)

- Submitted (September 2019)

- 1st NOA (September 2019)

I-130 (Brother 2)

- Submitted (Not yet)

- 1st NOA (Not yet)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello all.

I need to vent. And it seems I am in the right place!! We applied for adjustment of status in April 2014. Received an interview waiver notice. We received an RFE a month ago which was RIDICULOUS! It was asking for birth certificates from children...we do not have any, never have, never will, none...zilch. Where the hell do they get this stuff from?? Then they asked for my medical to be fixed, in terms of vaccination...I am about to ask them for a job, because it seems I know more than they do. I had to send back info telling them they do not need me to have certain vaccinations etc. They also asked for our marriage certs again, despite them being sent previously (we are meticulous with our applications..and I know you all understand why haha) , and also for more evidence. Easy. Thanks for wasting our time. This was sent off over 2 weeks ago now, and we received notification from USPS that it was signed for. Now, I have realised we have made a big mistake (our first one but still kicking myself) ..we forgot that the EAD combo card expires in July. And I am assuming it will take up to 3 months again to be processed, despite it being a renewal, which means we should have renewed it 3 months ago. So ridiculous.

Has anyone else been in this situation where they had to renew an EAD card after waiting over a year for AOS?? Any advice? How long does one have to wait for this AOS process before it is outside of their 'timeframe'? And has anyone contacted congressman to take this further, or is that a waste of time and effort too?

Any advice or similar stories greatly appreciated!

Hello all.

I need to vent. And it seems I am in the right place!! We applied for adjustment of status in April 2014. Received an interview waiver notice. We received an RFE a month ago which was RIDICULOUS! It was asking for birth certificates from children...we do not have any, never have, never will, none...zilch. Where the hell do they get this stuff from?? Then they asked for my medical to be fixed, in terms of vaccination...I am about to ask them for a job, because it seems I know more than they do. I had to send back info telling them they do not need me to have certain vaccinations etc. They also asked for our marriage certs again, despite them being sent previously (we are meticulous with our applications..and I know you all understand why haha) , and also for more evidence. Easy. Thanks for wasting our time. This was sent off over 2 weeks ago now, and we received notification from USPS that it was signed for. Now, I have realised we have made a big mistake (our first one but still kicking myself) ..we forgot that the EAD combo card expires in July. And I am assuming it will take up to 3 months again to be processed, despite it being a renewal, which means we should have renewed it 3 months ago. So ridiculous.

Has anyone else been in this situation where they had to renew an EAD card after waiting over a year for AOS?? Any advice? How long does one have to wait for this AOS process before it is outside of their 'timeframe'? And has anyone contacted congressman to take this further, or is that a waste of time and effort too?

So you don't have kids and they want their birth certificates? Wow.

I believe that it takes the same about of time, but mine originally took 35 days so it really depends on the luck of the draw. I would contact someone for advice since you have been waiting since April 2014, frankly I would speak to a lawyer. Shocking. You may as well contact ombudsman or senator - nothing to lose. In the mean time, it's easy to renew EAD - just remember that you have to submit 2 photos with the form. You will also have to have another set of biometrics taken... you know... just in case you changed your iris or fingerprints. Logical really.

P.S. which office was this requested from?

Edited by England2Wisco

Sent AOS Documents: 09/17/14

Documents Received: 09/18/14

Welcome letter received: 06/18/15

Sent I-751 Documents: 03/13/2017

Package received: 3/14/17

Check cashed: 03/21/17

NOA received: 03/23/17

NOA dated: 03/16/17

Biometrics: 04/20/17

ROC Approved: 02/09/2018

Sent N-400 Documents: 03/13/2018

Package received: 3/14/18

Check cashed: 03/29/18

NOA received: 03/19/18

NOA dated: 03/19/18

Biometrics: 04/08/19

N-400 Approved: 02/28/19 🤸‍♂️

Oath Ceremony: 03/15/19 :dance:

Picking up the medical today. I'm puzzled as to why a doctor would make himself available to us on a Sunday is beyond me, but I'll take it. Sending off tomorrow.

We've been told the reason the vaccination record was rejected is because on a second page with the dates and labels from shots, the person filling in the form wrote 2016 in the date given instead of 2014.

Fingers crossed something good happens soon.

So this was nothing to do with an out of date medical, just someone's incompetence?

Sent AOS Documents: 09/17/14

Documents Received: 09/18/14

Welcome letter received: 06/18/15

Sent I-751 Documents: 03/13/2017

Package received: 3/14/17

Check cashed: 03/21/17

NOA received: 03/23/17

NOA dated: 03/16/17

Biometrics: 04/20/17

ROC Approved: 02/09/2018

Sent N-400 Documents: 03/13/2018

Package received: 3/14/18

Check cashed: 03/29/18

NOA received: 03/19/18

NOA dated: 03/19/18

Biometrics: 04/08/19

N-400 Approved: 02/28/19 🤸‍♂️

Oath Ceremony: 03/15/19 :dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello all.

OHHH GOLLY!

No kids, yet they want BC's?! this is utter rubbish! USCIS is dumb. I'm sorry you've been waiting for 14 months! That's outrageous. Did you contact the ombudsman yet?

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

I contacted the ombudsman on March 16th, 2015. I just now got a response from them today. How many days is that?

Dear Sir/Madam,

The Ombudsman's Office has reviewed your submission and contacted U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) regarding your case.

Please be advised that in certain cases, it may take up to 60 days to receive a response to our inquiry. We will notify you when we receive information from USCIS.

8/22/15 Received notice of interview "call in letter" for September 1st 8am

9/01/15 AOS Interview Houston-APPROVED!

9/01/15 Card in production, Welcome notice has been mailed

9/05/15 Welcome Notice Received

9/08/15 Greencard was mailed

9/10/15 GREENCARD RECEIVED!!!!!!!!

ROC

6/2/17 mailed I-751 to csc priority mail

7/1/17 I-751 returned rejected (multiple items)

7/3/17 I-751 mailed again with signature confirmation

7/6/17 second I-751 delivered and signed for by Daniel Manchaca

7/10/17  Check Cashed

7/10/17  NOA

7/22/17  Biometrics letter for 8/2/17

8/02/17 Biometrics appointment DONE

3/05/18 case moved to local office

8/25/18 Extension letter (18 months)

9/29/18 service request submitted

10/06/18 response to service request

10/11/18  approved. No RFE, no interview

10/16/18  approval letter received in the mail

10/19/18 greencard received

Timeline

So you don't have kids and they want their birth certificates? Wow.

I believe that it takes the same about of time, but mine originally took 35 days so it really depends on the luck of the draw. I would contact someone for advice since you have been waiting since April 2014, frankly I would speak to a lawyer. Shocking. You may as well contact ombudsman or senator - nothing to lose. In the mean time, it's easy to renew EAD - just remember that you have to submit 2 photos with the form. You will also have to have another set of biometrics taken... you know... just in case you changed your iris or fingerprints. Logical really.

P.S. which office was this requested from?

I was thinking of changing my fingerprints, but I heard it was painful :P Very silly isn't it??!! Unfortunately I am a little worried it will take the full 90 days or close to it for my EAD, as my original EAD took 70 something, although I never did receive it due to it being lost in the mail...so had to reapply and they took another 70 or so days to send that one out! I spoke to tier 2 today and the guy told me that someone accessed my AOS today!! Lets hope that means something haha. I will still apply for a renewed EAD just in case. The RFE was from the Chatsworth Ca office...which is odd because I keep being told it is elsewhere (MO and Queens NY have been some examples).

:)

Timeline

OHHH GOLLY!

No kids, yet they want BC's?! this is utter rubbish! USCIS is dumb. I'm sorry you've been waiting for 14 months! That's outrageous. Did you contact the ombudsman yet?

Hi! Yeah, it is insane...I don't understand how they could make this mistake? We haven't contacted the ombudsman, but I have seen a few people mention this. It may be on the cards for our next step. Do you know how one does this?

Thanks!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.