TBoneTX

Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case [Part II]

4,633 posts in this topic

Yep. I got one as soon as I got my EAD and SSN. I had to take a test (easiest driving test I've ever taken), but it was quick an easy. You can take a test on your license from your home country too (perhaps this is only certain countries), so you don't need to get a learners permit.

Sent AOS Documents: 09/17/14

Documents Received: 09/18/14

Welcome letter received: 06/18/15

Sent I-751 Documents: 03/13/2017

Package received: 3/14/17

Check cashed: 03/21/17

NOA received: 03/23/17

NOA dated: 03/16/17

Biometrics: 04/20/17

ROC Approved: 02/09/2018

Sent N-400 Documents: 03/13/2018

Package received: 3/14/18

Check cashed: 03/29/18

NOA received: 03/19/18

NOA dated: 03/19/18

Biometrics: 04/08/19

N-400 Approved: 02/28/19 🤸‍♂️

Oath Ceremony: 03/15/19 :dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Yep. I got one as soon as I got my EAD and SSN. I had to take a test (easiest driving test I've ever taken), but it was quick an easy. You can take a test on your license from your home country too (perhaps this is only certain countries), so you don't need to get a learners permit.

I got my learners permit and went back 2 weeks later for my driving test and passed. It's not hard to do, all you need is your SSN and EAD. not sure what mmanginsay meant by they couldnt get their DL right now, you don't need your Greencard for that!

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

In SC getting a learners permit is a death sentence you will hold for 180 days no shortcut...I've been in heated argument with DMV since last year about it...

Getting a license for you to drive you need to be a permanent resident...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

I'm sure we're all very sorry for all you've gone through, just as I'm sure many on here have even worse experiences to share. We've all invested money and time and God knows what else for this process and you don't see anyone else talking about law suits against USCIS. You have every right to feel frustrated. You also have the right to voice that frustration in a respectful manner.

Edited by SparklePony

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Timeline

@sparkle I agree... That's why it's frustrating to read someone's comment that we should be grateful and thankful were here..... If not for my partner I will not reach this far...

But I have two as I am married...

Filed: Country: El Salvador
Timeline

TODAY IT HAPPENED!!!!

The "Welcome to America" letter arrived in the post. No updates online....no text.....just the letter.

We are so thankful for the numerous members that have helped us along the way.

Best of luck to those that applied before us and the other June filers.

CONGRATS!!

It seems that the process is going to take a whole year.

Please do not have any hopes up if your case is less than 11 months.

Let's not beat ourselves over and over with this topic. Just wait 12 months and BOOM, your cases will be approved. (it sounds so easy right?)

I'm sure we're all very sorry for all you've gone through, just as I'm sure many on here have even worse experiences to share. We've all invested money and time and God knows what else for this process and you don't see anyone else talking about law suits against USCIS. You have every right to feel frustrated. You also have the right to voice that frustration in a respectful manner.

People also have the right to leave. If there's something that bothers you so much, then may also leave. That's a fresh idea.

Filed: Country: El Salvador
Timeline

I have one question for you guys.

How long did it take to get the social security number?

once you apply, how many weeks did it take to get it in the mail?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline
People also have the right to leave. If there's something that bothers you so much, then may also leave. That's a fresh idea.

That was what I was trying to say. Talking about law suits against USCIS is plain ridiculous. No one is forcing anyone to stay here. They're frustrated as we all are, but we continue on because we keep our eyes on the bigger goal.

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Timeline

In SC getting a learners permit is a death sentence you will hold for 180 days no shortcut...I've been in heated argument with DMV since last year about it...

Getting a license for you to drive you need to be a permanent resident...

You can get a learners permit with your EAD and SSN, and yes you can then take the road test and get your licence after the time required. I don't understand why you can't go to a different DMV in SC if they are being so difficult. Go back to the link I provided for required ID and print that and take it in if you have to. No, you do not need to be a permanent resident, they simply issue a drivers licence with the same expiry as your EAD.

from dmv.org: http://www.dmv.org/sc-south-carolina/apply-license.php#Non-Citizens-and-New-SC-Drivers-Licenses

Non-Citizens and New SC Driver's Licenses

South Carolina uses the label “international customer" for non-citizens, and considers the following applicants international customers:

• U.S. protectorate citizens.
  • Immigrants.
  • Asylees.
  • Refugees.
  • Any non-immigrant granted temporary entry into the U.S.

Certain SC DMV locations handle non-citizen SC driver licenses. Check the SC DMV'slist of International Customer Offices.

As an international customer, you'll follow the same application process as U.S. citizens (including possibly obtaining a beginner permit; see below), except you'll have some different document requirements.

The South Carolina DMV provides an International Customer Checklist (Form MV-94) to download from its website, which explains requirements for both immigrants and non-immigrants applying for a new SC driver's license.

All applicants will need to show proof of:

• Identity.
  • Birth date and place.
  • Residency.
  • Up-to-date authorization to work, study, or live in the U.S.
  • Social Security card OR a letter from the Social Security Administration stating you aren't allowed to work in the country.
  • Legal name change documents, if applicable.
  • Liability car insurance (if you must take the road skills test).
Edited by sweetswinks

No update to the online status, but I got the welcome notice in the mail today - dated June 5th. Looks like the case will be forever stuck on "fingerprint fee received", but the green card will be here shortly!

AOS:

NOA: June 16th, 2014

NPIW: September 29th, 2014

Received Green Card: June 13th, 2015.

RoC: 

California Service Center

Submitted: March 22nd, 2017

Completed: October 5th, 2018

N-400:

Submitted: December 11th, 2019

Biometrics: December 31st, 2019

Interview: April 22nd, 2020

Interview descheduled and now waiting for further updates...

Timeline

No update to the online status, but I got the welcome notice in the mail today - dated June 5th. Looks like the case will be forever stuck on "fingerprint fee received", but the green card will be here shortly!

Wow that's awesome!! :) CONGRATS!

Timeline

I am really thankful for all the help about the link but I've been since last year and just been there last week... Getting the learners isn't a problem in fact I got a perfect score in the knowledge test... But being a new driver in the U.S. And SC non reciprocity with the SC had made it difficult to get a license... All needs to go to a learners permit. As per SC Law an learners permit holder can't drive alone.

If someone just read and comprehend what I posted the problem isn't getting the permit but holding that permit is a death sentence.

SC isn't the same as other states.

Timeline

The idea of leaving the country is open and you are absolutely right. But isnt it that option is consider surrender? Like what I've said this a problem wherein USCIS could have just easily resolve if employees are working truthfully. Has anyone of you here did an info pass and have you observe how IO is doing... Just chitchatting waiting to complete the 8 hours shift.

Do I have the right to complain as a CUSTOMER? Yes I do because that is my right.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.