TBoneTX

Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case [Part II]

4,633 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Today, I called USCIS again and talked with a Tier 2. Apparently, they just sent my case to a field office this Wednesday. The officer did not know which office it is (sketchy!!!).

So, my case is apparently much slower that Derwood's though we had the same timeline up until before approval. It sucks! Now, I probably will hear from a field office with a medical request =.=. Or can i be lucky enough that they will approve my case when it arrives at their office right away :(

arrrrrr

We're looking into a move to Europe in a few years, but not until he has his residency established here first. It's harder to come back if that's not already in line.

I plan to include a letter from our landlord explaining why there's no lease. I've been in this house for 5 years, and my lease has never been renewed. I would think a letter from h er parents would be a good thing.

Alright, going to have them do that. Do you think a straight to the point single-sentence letter stating that we're living here (and signed/named/etc) would do the trick, or a longer affidavit explaining the circumstance would be better?

AOS:

NOA: June 16th, 2014

NPIW: September 29th, 2014

Received Green Card: June 13th, 2015.

RoC: 

California Service Center

Submitted: March 22nd, 2017

Completed: October 5th, 2018

N-400:

Submitted: December 11th, 2019

Biometrics: December 31st, 2019

Interview: April 22nd, 2020

Interview descheduled and now waiting for further updates...

A lot of people are asking about the 500 Error doing service requests: This is not something they can simply turn on to stop people completing requests. It's an error on the Computer/IT side of things, related to the server that actually hosts the service request functionality. It's a bug, and these things do sometimes happen.

Rather than them bringing it down to stop request, most likely it's been brought down by the volume of service requests. Though, this shouldn't really be the case unless there's an extremely high amount of requests or, alternatively, the server is really rubbish. It could just be down for maintenance for all I know. (though we should have known about it, and it shouldn't result in an error).

AOS:

NOA: June 16th, 2014

NPIW: September 29th, 2014

Received Green Card: June 13th, 2015.

RoC: 

California Service Center

Submitted: March 22nd, 2017

Completed: October 5th, 2018

N-400:

Submitted: December 11th, 2019

Biometrics: December 31st, 2019

Interview: April 22nd, 2020

Interview descheduled and now waiting for further updates...

Today, I called USCIS again and talked with a Tier 2. Apparently, they just sent my case to a field office this Wednesday. The officer did not know which office it is (sketchy!!!).

So, my case is apparently much slower that Derwood's though we had the same timeline up until before approval. It sucks! Now, I probably will hear from a field office with a medical request =.=. Or can i be lucky enough that they will approve my case when it arrives at their office right away :(

arrrrrr

Oooh glad to see someone with Raleigh too. I can probably monitor your timeline and hopefully I can get mine a month after yours or something. Hope we hear good news soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

So, my case is apparently much slower that Derwood's though we had the same timeline up until before approval. It sucks! Now, I probably will hear from a field office with a medical request =.=. Or can i be lucky enough that they will approve my case when it arrives at their office right away :( I have almost the same timeline with you. I filed papers on 7th July, received NPIW on 15th October. And I don't have any movement on my case. Could you tell me how you was able to speak with a Tier2. I think, I spoke only with Tier1. They can only file a request that I have already done without an answer :(

arrrrrr

So after the 14 month wait for my AOS the GC arrived yesterday :) ok had they waited another month it would of been a 10 year but I'm happy I got a 2 year so I can least feel welcome here lol

Petitioner: Wifey! (US born citizen)
Beneficiary: Hubby! (British born)

[Feburary 2010] Met
[04/05/2010] Began talking
[05/07/2010] Start of our relationship together
[10/01/2011] Met in person for the 1st time in the UK
[10/14/2011] Officially engaged!
[April 2012] Found an attorney
[May 2012] Began I-129F
[05/31/2012] Attorney mailed I-129F
[06/04/2012] Email confirmation of Application/Petition received
[06/07/2012] Check cleared in Dallas
[06/11/2012] NOA1 received in mail
[09/15/2012] Went back to the UK to see my fiance
[01/07/2013] Received RFE
[02/12/2013] Vermont Received RFE Response
[02/18/2013] Petition APPROVED (259 Days)
[03/01/2013] Received at NVC
[03/05/2013] Left NVC
[03/15/2013] Arrived at Consulate in London
[03/29/2013] Received Packet 3
[04/08/2013] Sent Packet 3
[04/15/2013] Fiance's medical in London

[05/01/2013] Received Packet 4

[05/20/2013] Interview!!!

[05/20/2013] VISA APPROVED

an1cHmr-O6k0610MzM0MDg2bHw4NzY2NmxhfHdlX

Timeline

So after the 14 month wait for my AOS the GC arrived yesterday :) ok had they waited another month it would of been a 10 year but I'm happy I got a 2 year so I can least feel welcome here lol

Congratulations!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

The same thing was happening to me when I filed a Service Request online. I also called and a T1 rep did a Service Request. It just showed up yesterday under "Next Steps" when I log into the USCIS as "currently not assigned for processing". The interesting thing is that the SR ends in DLS, which is Dallas. As far as I know our file is in Sacramento, CA with our local field office being Indianapolis. No idea why the SR would end in DLS.

The same thing shows on my screen now. I guess the service requested online finishes with different letters from the services processed over the phone. Do not bother yourself about what these letters represents. For me it is meaningless as long as it is not in progress. We do not know where is the location of people who process things online or even on the phones. They can be anywhere. Everything you see here is predictions and estimates. Everyone of us is treated individually and we can not compare. We just expect timelines and make estimates. Right now I can not estimate or predict anything. I have seen people here applied before me and even after me and they got their GC. Also I have seen people with EXACT timeline like me (I mean 100% exactly the same dates) also got it and I am still waiting. What is happening in USCIS, I have no Idea. What people talk here about centers and speed or timelines is all estimates. I already applied for renewal of my EAD and I am waiting. I guess my Green Card will take about 1 year or even more to get to me. At this point, we have to chill and wait and follow up our cases and that is. Do not panic and keep your working permit valid so is your driver's license and you will be fine. I am going to follow up this receipt number and see what will happen.

Good Luck :)

I-130 (Parent)

- Submitted June 2021

- 1st NOA (June 2021)

I-130 (Brother 1)

- Submitted (September 2019)

- 1st NOA (September 2019)

I-130 (Brother 2)

- Submitted (Not yet)

- 1st NOA (Not yet)

Timeline

The same thing shows on my screen now. I guess the service requested online finishes with different letters from the services processed over the phone. Do not bother yourself about what these letters represents. For me it is meaningless as long as it is not in progress. We do not know where is the location of people who process things online or even on the phones. They can be anywhere. Everything you see here is predictions and estimates. Everyone of us is treated individually and we can not compare. We just expect timelines and make estimates. Right now I can not estimate or predict anything. I have seen people here applied before me and even after me and they got their GC. Also I have seen people with EXACT timeline like me (I mean 100% exactly the same dates) also got it and I am still waiting. What is happening in USCIS, I have no Idea. What people talk here about centers and speed or timelines is all estimates. I already applied for renewal of my EAD and I am waiting. I guess my Green Card will take about 1 year or even more to get to me. At this point, we have to chill and wait and follow up our cases and that is. Do not panic and keep your working permit valid so is your driver's license and you will be fine. I am going to follow up this receipt number and see what will happen.

Good Luck :)

I'm from your team. I filed the same day as you and don't have any information about my case. So I filed request unsuccessfully, the filed request about an answer on my request. Last one was not assigned until now. I decided to renew my EAD and filed papers for it recently. Please, write on forum if you get an answer on your request. Any way, good luck :)

Timeline

arrrrrr

I have almost the same timeline with you. I filed papers on 7th July, received NPIW on 15th October. And I don't have any movement on my case. Could you tell me how you was able to speak with a Tier2. I think, I spoke only with Tier1. They can only file a request that I have already done without an answer :(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

New card is being produced!!!!!!! Just checked uscis web site :) I'm so so happy!!! It's being almost one year and 3 weeks since I sent my papers for adjustment of status!!!

Timeline

New card is being produced!!!!!!! Just checked uscis web site :) I'm so so happy!!! It's being almost one year and 3 weeks since I sent my papers for adjustment of status!!!

congratulations!!!! You waited so long...

Congratulations!! That's exciting!

K1 Visa timeline:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/01/2014 - mailed our petition

07/25/2014 - Johan arrives in Los Angeles! 

*See updated timeline for specific dates.*

AOS timeline:~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

08/02/2014 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed. 

11/17/2014 - K2 gets an interview waiver letter in the mail (dated November 12th) (K1 has never gotten this letter)

08/24/2015 - Green cards are FINALLY in hand after nearly 13 months of waiting. 

ROC timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

05/01/2017 - ROC application sent 

05/02/2017 - CSC receives our package

05/03/2017 - Official NOA1 date

05/10/2017 - MO cashed at our bank

05/12/2017 - NOA 1 is in the mailbox.

05/20/2017 - Biometrics letter in hand

05/31/2017 - biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

06/19/2018 - ROC still pending with no news but that wonky glitch back in February, so we went ahead and filed for citizenship

N-400 timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

06/19/2018 - N-400 application filed online

06/20/2018 - NOA1 received online for Naturalization application

06/25/2018 - Biometrics notification online (PDF Document)

07/12/2018 - Biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country:
Timeline

Congratulations!

AOS Timeline

04/22/2014: Filed I-485, I-765 & I-131

04/23/2014: Delivered to USCIS
04/28/2014: NoA of I-485, I-765 & I-131 (Received on 05/04/2014)
07/23/2014: Approval of I-765 & I-131
07/29/2014: Potential Interview Waiver Letter (Received on 08/04/2014)

04/09/2015: Card was ordered to be produced

04/16/2015: Card was mailed
04/17/2015: Received I-797 Welcome To USA Notice (Mailed on 04/13/2015)
04/20/2015: Received Permanent Resident Card

ROC Timeline

01/30/2017: Filed I-751

02/01/2017: Delivered to USCIS

02/02/2017: NoA of I-751 (Received on 02/11/2017)

03/07/2017: Biometrics (Received ASC Appointment Notice on 02/27/2017)

02/08/2018: Approval of I-751 (Received on 02/14/2018)

02/26/2018: New card is being produced

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.