TBoneTX

Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case [Part II]

4,633 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does anyone get this error msg when trying to fill out the "outside of normal processing time " inquiry on the USCIS site? I tried several different scenarios and got the same error.

Is this their way of keeping up from inquiring?!!?

500 Servlet Exception
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "The service or articleyou selected is not compatible with form I485, sub-type selected, and receiptnumber MSCxxxxxxxxxx."
at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)	at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:449)	at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:499)	at gov.uscis.app.sro.viewhelper.ViewHelper.__AW_addErrorsTo(ViewHelper.java:92)	at gov.uscis.app.sro.viewhelper.ViewHelper.addErrorsTo(ViewHelper.java)	at gov.uscis.app.sro.action.OnptAction.__AW_execute(OnptAction.java:121)	at gov.uscis.app.sro.action.OnptAction.execute(OnptAction.java)

and the list goes on for a full page....

I (Todd) am the petitioner from the U.S. / Beth is in/from Philippines :thumbs:

---------------VISA JOURNEY---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6-30-2014: Mailed I129F Packet to Dallas Lockbox......... H e e e r e WE g o o o o o!! (L):wub::dance:

7-08-2014: Received email confirmation & text of application packet receipt and case #. Texas Service Center.

7-11-2014: Received actual letter confirmation of receipt and case #.

7-11-2014: Received email notification of Alien registration # being changed.

7-31-2014: Received text/email of I129F approval (Post Decision Activity) yes, we were processed at TSC!

8-04-2014: Received hard copy NOA2 in mail confirming approved and sent to NVC.

8-05-2014: Received text/email and USCIS status update. 2nd half of Post Decision Activity - Sent to DOS for processing.

8-13-2014: NVC assigned case/MNL# !!!

8-15 -2014: Interview scheduled.....August 28!

8-15 -2014: CEAC status: IN TRANSIT to Consular Section.

8-18-2014: CEAC status changed to "READY"

8-18-2014: Shots completed 2nd day. Medical complete. received a CD, papers, and passport

8-19-2014: Completed CFO seminar (Will return to CFO office to get sticker after Visa is in hand)

8-25-2014: Received hard copy of NVC case # assignment and fwd to consulate letter in mail.

8-28-2014: 1:00 am my time...........Interview done.........APPROVED !!! :dancing:(L):wow::wub::thumbs:

9-02-2014: Administrative Processing

9-04-2014: Issued

9-07-2014: Text msg from 2GO, Visa ready for pickup

9-08-2014: Visa in hand, CFO sticker obtained

--------AOS JOURNEY-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12-05-2014: AOS Package at Chicago Lockbox received per U.S. mail tracking

12-19-2014: Received texts/emails that file has been accepted and routed. (All three...485, 131,765)

12-26-2014: Received Biometrics appointment notice. Scheduled 1-7-2015.

12-27-2014: Received NOA1 / I-797C in mail for all three applications.

01-07-2014: Biometrics completed in Fort Smith, AR. .. went in early, they took us no problem. Took maybe 10 minutes.

02-10-2015: Received text and emails notification of approved EAD and AP. Status changed to reflect approval.

02-17-2-15: Received NOA I-797 letter only.....for Advanced Parole in mail.

02-21-2015: Received EAD/AP combo card in mail today.

03-19-2015: Received the "Notice of Potential Interview Case" letter in mail today.

06-03-2015: Requested to expedite due to potential loss of funds if vacation had to be cancelled due to non acceptable travel docs to Mexico.

06-05-205: Response denying expedite. Stated while sounded important, only cases strictly adhering to the "qualification" to expedite are granted such process.

08-11-2015: Sent "out of processing time" inquiry

08-12-2015: Received generic response stating that due to workload factors USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case."

08-15-2015: (Saturday@8am) received email stating a recent processing action has taken place on our case. Status:Card/Document Production

"We ordered your new card for MSCxxxxxxxx, and will mail it. You can expect your card within 30 days of approval of your application.

8-12-2015: Online status changed to "NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED" . Couple days later, received hard copy of notice.

8-31-2015: Received text notifying that "We mailed your new card"

9-01-2015: Received GREEN CARD!! 275 days from date of mailing/filing AOS.

Movement! An RFE! Any change is good change at this stage. But it's not for a medical, as I would have thought. It's for 'Documents that will support your application' such as joint bank accounts, mortgages, rent and tax returns or whatnot.

We don't have a mortgage - yet. We're currently looking, as same with a rental contract. Her parents (my in-laws) have been gracious enough to let us live with them temporarily, so I'm wondering if an avadavat from them stating this would be acceptable? I'm also going to include things like our car insurance, bank accounts and credit cards.

Think that'll be enough, or any ideas for more things I could add?

AOS:

NOA: June 16th, 2014

NPIW: September 29th, 2014

Received Green Card: June 13th, 2015.

RoC: 

California Service Center

Submitted: March 22nd, 2017

Completed: October 5th, 2018

N-400:

Submitted: December 11th, 2019

Biometrics: December 31st, 2019

Interview: April 22nd, 2020

Interview descheduled and now waiting for further updates...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Morning,friends ,My status changed today ,they ordered the new card for me ,I am approved finally ,I am so relieved now ,never stopped worrying after the last dreaded RFE.Thanks for all your help ,advice and share .Wish everyone get approved soon !I am going to write down the whole process of mine again.

I arrived in December 2014

Married in March 2014

Filed for AOS in late May 2014

NOA date JUNE 5th 2014

1st RFE Notice AUGUST 2014

2st RFE Notice October 2014

Notice of waiver of interview November 2014

3rd RFE notice May 1st 2015

submitted to RFE notice May 15th 2015

new card ordered May 29th 2015

Movement! An RFE! Any change is good change at this stage. But it's not for a medical, as I would have thought. It's for 'Documents that will support your application' such as joint bank accounts, mortgages, rent and tax returns or whatnot.

We don't have a mortgage - yet. We're currently looking, as same with a rental contract. Her parents (my in-laws) have been gracious enough to let us live with them temporarily, so I'm wondering if an avadavat from them stating this would be acceptable? I'm also going to include things like our car insurance, bank accounts and credit cards.

YAY! That's great news and lets hope it significantly diminishes the chance of you getting a costly RFE for a medical.

Morning,friends ,My status changed today ,they ordered the new card for me ,I am approved finally ,I am so relieved now ,never stopped worrying after the last dreaded RFE.Thanks for all your help ,advice and share .Wish everyone get approved soon !I am going to write down the whole process of mine again.

Married in March 2014

NOA date JUNE 5th 2014

YAY AT LAST! CONGRATULATIONS!

Spoiler

K1

15 November 2013: Sent I-129F Package 

21 November 2013: NOA1 

20 December 2013: NOA2

23 January 2014: Medical (London)

11 April 2014: Interview - Approved!

29 April 2014: POE Chicago

20 June 2014: Married in DC

AOS

7 July 2014: Mailed AOSEAD & AP forms via USPS

14 July 2014: NOA1 Text & E-Mails (x3) received at 23:52hrs (Received Date: 07/11/2014)

14 July 2014: Cheque cashed & I-485 transferred to Nebraska Service Centre

18 July 2014: NOA1 hardcopy received (x3)

22 July 2014: Biometrics Letter rec'd (Appointment 07/31/2014)

23 July 2014: Early Biometrics walk-in at Cincinnati office successful!

05 September 2014: EAD & AP approved! (texts rec'd 16:45hrs)

11 September 2014: EAD/AP card mailed

12 September 2014: EAD/AP card in hand (delivered 9:54am)

18 October 2014: Potential interview waiver letter rec'd (Dated: 10/15/2014)

19 May 2015: I-485 approved! (No interview) Welcome letter mailed!

23 May 2015: I-797 (NOA2) Welcome notice received

27 May 2015: Green card received

ROC

ROC filing window opens 18 February 2017

16 February 2017: ROC packet mailed to CSC

18 February 2017: USPS Tracking - Ready for collection from PO Box

25 February 2017: NOA1 received dated 02/21/2017

03 March 2017: Received biometrics appointment letter dated 25th February 2017. Appointment on 16 March 2017.

16 March 2017: Biometrics completed

08 March 2018: Case (allegedly) transferred to the National Benefits Center (presumably for a combo interview)

04 April 2019: ROC approved (as part of N-400 combo interview)

N-400

18 February 2018: N-400 Application submitted online

21 February 2018: NOA1 Rreceived

23 February 2018: Biometrics appointment letter received. Appointment 13 March 2018. 

27 April 2018: Interview notice received. Interview Date: June 5, 2018. Request to reschedule sent as out of the country at that time.

04 April 2019: Attended interview ... PASSED!

11 April 2019: Oath ceremony

Filed: Country: El Salvador
Timeline

I wasn't going to post again until I found an article on one of my friends FB pages, it makes me so angry and so sad. I dont know if its propaganda I guess it will be on the news if its real and I shall be surfing news articles any way here we go. http://conservativetribune.com/obama-defies-federal-judge/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=SumoMe&utm_campaign=sumome_share

The illegal immigration issue is like having a huge tarantula in our faces. We know it's there, everybody else knows it's there, but we rather let the spider do whatever it wants rather than take responsibility and do something with it.

Yes, we need to secure the south and north borders. But we also need to do something with the 11 million illegals in this country. Either they forcefully deport them or you legalize them. Both options are more than feasible.

My theory as of why politicians don't want to do either of those 2 options is because they don't want to lose votes from either side. If they deport them they lose votes, if they legalize them they lose votes.

Since most politicians only care about their own interests rather the the country's as a whole. We are doomed to have that tarantula in our faces for a very long time.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

YAY! That's great news and lets hope it significantly diminishes the chance of you getting a costly RFE for a medical.

YAY AT LAST! CONGRATULATIONS!

Thank you :goofy:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Does anyone get this error msg when trying to fill out the "outside of normal processing time " inquiry on the USCIS site? I tried several different scenarios and got the same error.

500 Servlet Exception
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "The service or articleyou selected is not compatible with form I485, sub-type selected, and receiptnumber MSCxxxxxxxxxx."
at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)	at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:449)	at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:499)	at gov.uscis.app.sro.viewhelper.ViewHelper.__AW_addErrorsTo(ViewHelper.java:92)	at gov.uscis.app.sro.viewhelper.ViewHelper.addErrorsTo(ViewHelper.java)	at gov.uscis.app.sro.action.OnptAction.__AW_execute(OnptAction.java:121)	at gov.uscis.app.sro.action.OnptAction.execute(OnptAction.java)

Yes, it happened to me. The same error over and over again. Lasted for week. Eventually, I called them by phone and made the e-request over the phone and she took all the information from me and said I have to wait 30 days for a reply. She give me a long number (for this request) I believe it is useless number, unless I want to call again and follow up this e-request. Hopefully something will happen soon. I have been waiting about 3 days since I made that request. Nothing so far.

Good luck.

I-130 (Parent)

- Submitted June 2021

- 1st NOA (June 2021)

I-130 (Brother 1)

- Submitted (September 2019)

- 1st NOA (September 2019)

I-130 (Brother 2)

- Submitted (Not yet)

- 1st NOA (Not yet)

Yes, it happened to me. The same error over and over again. Lasted for week. Eventually, I called them by phone and made the e-request over the phone and she took all the information from me and said I have to wait 30 days for a reply. She give me a long number (for this request) I believe it is useless number, unless I want to call again and follow up this e-request. Hopefully something will happen soon. I have been waiting about 3 days since I made that request. Nothing so far.

Good luck.

The same thing was happening to me when I filed a Service Request online. I also called and a T1 rep did a Service Request. It just showed up yesterday under "Next Steps" when I log into the USCIS as "currently not assigned for processing". The interesting thing is that the SR ends in DLS, which is Dallas. As far as I know our file is in Sacramento, CA with our local field office being Indianapolis. No idea why the SR would end in DLS.

June 11 - "Welcome to America" letter received!!!!!! WE WENT GREEN!
March 10 - Packet sent to CSC
March 13 - Delivered
March 15 - Check Cashed
March 17 - NOA Arrived

Just wondering how people are estimating when their GC will be approved?

Also - when calling USCIS I've had conflicting information given to me. Does the family based AOS ever get processed at the NBC? The USCIS service person explained over the phone that they are always done at the local field office (where you get your bio-metrics done), and that's how you know if your case is outside of current processing times.

Sent AOS Documents: 09/17/14

Documents Received: 09/18/14

Welcome letter received: 06/18/15

Sent I-751 Documents: 03/13/2017

Package received: 3/14/17

Check cashed: 03/21/17

NOA received: 03/23/17

NOA dated: 03/16/17

Biometrics: 04/20/17

ROC Approved: 02/09/2018

Sent N-400 Documents: 03/13/2018

Package received: 3/14/18

Check cashed: 03/29/18

NOA received: 03/19/18

NOA dated: 03/19/18

Biometrics: 04/08/19

N-400 Approved: 02/28/19 🤸‍♂️

Oath Ceremony: 03/15/19 :dance:

500 Servlet Exception

We got this as well. It's been ongoing for about 2 weeks, if memory serves.

the end is near for you! YAY I think what you've listed is good. Do you share health insurance? Send copies of any pics taken together at the wedding, or since? Beneficiary evidence on life insurance would also be good.

Married in March 2014

NOA date JUNE 5th 2014

Congratulations!!

The illegal immigration issue is like having a huge tarantula in our faces. We know it's there, everybody else knows it's there, but we rather let the spider do whatever it wants rather than take responsibility and do something with it.

Yes, we need to secure the south and north borders. But we also need to do something with the 11 million illegals in this country. Either they forcefully deport them or you legalize them. Both options are more than feasible.

My theory as of why politicians don't want to do either of those 2 options is because they don't want to lose votes from either side. If they deport them they lose votes, if they legalize them they lose votes.

Since most politicians only care about their own interests rather the the country's as a whole. We are doomed to have that tarantula in our faces for a very long time.

^ this. nail on the head.

Just wondering how people are estimating when their GC will be approved?

Also - when calling USCIS I've had conflicting information given to me. Does the family based AOS ever get processed at the NBC? The USCIS service person explained over the phone that they are always done at the local field office (where you get your bio-metrics done), and that's how you know if your case is outside of current processing times.

We just sorta one day decided to predict when the USCIS would finally give us green cards. I chose a date right around the one-year mark. So far Nlhernan is the closest, with approval coming one day shy of his predicted date. ;) Shell was approved a couple months short of her predicted date. I think she's the most off, in terms of USCIS getting ahead of itself. lol

Edited to add: The NBC does NOT process these. it's sorta like the NVC, where it gathers all the files, then sends them out to field offices. IF you are going to be lucky enough for an interview, it'll go to your local office. But if you're waived, it can go to any office out there, including your own. There is literally zero information from the USCIS itself that is trustworthy. ex: Nlhernan was told explicitly that their file was in NY. He was processed via Imperial, CA. The people fielding calls for USCIS are hired to field calls, but they know much MUCH less than we do, having consorted with others in the process. It's shameful how little they know and how often they screw up the actual process. Hope that helps.

Edited by Tina and Johan

K1 Visa timeline:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/01/2014 - mailed our petition

07/25/2014 - Johan arrives in Los Angeles! 

*See updated timeline for specific dates.*

AOS timeline:~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

08/02/2014 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed. 

11/17/2014 - K2 gets an interview waiver letter in the mail (dated November 12th) (K1 has never gotten this letter)

08/24/2015 - Green cards are FINALLY in hand after nearly 13 months of waiting. 

ROC timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

05/01/2017 - ROC application sent 

05/02/2017 - CSC receives our package

05/03/2017 - Official NOA1 date

05/10/2017 - MO cashed at our bank

05/12/2017 - NOA 1 is in the mailbox.

05/20/2017 - Biometrics letter in hand

05/31/2017 - biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

06/19/2018 - ROC still pending with no news but that wonky glitch back in February, so we went ahead and filed for citizenship

N-400 timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

06/19/2018 - N-400 application filed online

06/20/2018 - NOA1 received online for Naturalization application

06/25/2018 - Biometrics notification online (PDF Document)

07/12/2018 - Biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

Edited to add: The NBC does NOT process these. it's sorta like the NVC, where it gathers all the files, then sends them out to field offices. IF you are going to be lucky enough for an interview, it'll go to your local office. But if you're waived, it can go to any office out there, including your own. There is literally zero information from the USCIS itself that is trustworthy. ex: Nlhernan was told explicitly that their file was in NY. He was processed via Imperial, CA. The people fielding calls for USCIS are hired to field calls, but they know much MUCH less than we do, having consorted with others in the process. It's shameful how little they know and how often they screw up the actual process. Hope that helps.

Ah OK, so when you get transferred to a local office is there an update on the your status online? Currently mine just says the NBC is processing my case... We are considering moving back to the UK at this point.

the end is near for you! YAY I think what you've listed is good. Do you share health insurance? Send copies of any pics taken together at the wedding, or since? Beneficiary evidence on life insurance would also be good.

Health Insurance... no. She's on her parents plan, and I've only just got some that's starting August 1st (though it will include her) with new employment. She's a registered user on a couple of credit cards, we share a bank account and an auto insurance policy. I've already prepared copies of those statements, and I'll throw in photos of our wedding to add to it.

Would a letter from my in-laws explaining the living situation be any good? (explaining the lack of a mortgage or rental contract) Or would that not make a difference?

AOS:

NOA: June 16th, 2014

NPIW: September 29th, 2014

Received Green Card: June 13th, 2015.

RoC: 

California Service Center

Submitted: March 22nd, 2017

Completed: October 5th, 2018

N-400:

Submitted: December 11th, 2019

Biometrics: December 31st, 2019

Interview: April 22nd, 2020

Interview descheduled and now waiting for further updates...

Ah OK, so when you get transferred to a local office is there an update on the your status online? Currently mine just says the NBC is processing my case... We are considering moving back to the UK at this point.

We're looking into a move to Europe in a few years, but not until he has his residency established here first. It's harder to come back if that's not already in line.

Health Insurance... no. She's on her parents plan, and I've only just got some that's starting August 1st (though it will include her) with new employment. She's a registered user on a couple of credit cards, we share a bank account and an auto insurance policy. I've already prepared copies of those statements, and I'll throw in photos of our wedding to add to it.

Would a letter from my in-laws explaining the living situation be any good? (explaining the lack of a mortgage or rental contract) Or would that not make a difference?

I plan to include a letter from our landlord explaining why there's no lease. I've been in this house for 5 years, and my lease has never been renewed. I would think a letter from h er parents would be a good thing.

K1 Visa timeline:

11/17/2014 - K2 gets an interview waiver letter in the mail (dated November 12th) (K1 has never gotten this letter)

06/19/2018 - ROC still pending with no news but that wonky glitch back in February, so we went ahead and filed for citizenship

We're looking into a move to Europe in a few years, but not until he has his residency established here first. It's harder to come back if that's not already in line.

Well just so you know, if one of you had UK citizenship, as long as you meet the poverty threshold and are employed, the whole process, equivalent to the AOS, takes TWENTY FOUR HOURS.

Well just so you know, if one of you had UK citizenship, as long as you meet the poverty threshold and are employed, the whole process, equivalent to the AOS, takes TWENTY FOUR HOURS.

He has Irish citizenship. And he used to complain about how easy the process would be for me if I had moved there instead. I believe it. This process if HORRIBLE. And I find it worse that the GC doesn't back date to the NOA1 date, as I think it should since it's their fault for taking so dang long.

Edited to add: coming here as a spouse comes with a green card. It only takes a few weeks to get in the mail. But the spousal visa takes longer than the K1, last I checked. So that's why we did the K1. Still, I often wonder if we made the right path choice. <sigh>

Edited by Tina and Johan

K1 Visa timeline:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.